Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

NinjaDebugger posted:

Well... actually the strangest might be the corn pottage snacks, which were like cheetos, except they tasted very intensely like corn pottage.
Yum! I make sure to pick up a packet of those on every trip.

:ssh: Most of the stuff in Japan Crate, Skoshbox, and other Japanese snack delivery services are the equivalent of penny candy and cost a maximum of, say, $1.25 at current exchange rates. Some stuff costs as little as 15 cents or so. The corn potage snacks above cost about 90 cents for a big bag (75 grams) and 27 cents for a little bag (20 grams). Still, a snackbox is miles cheaper than a plane ticket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
This has passed without comment on my feed.

I feel unwell.

e: oh wait is that an air fryer? It's HEALTHY chicken skin then!

iRend has a new favorite as of 15:07 on Sep 15, 2015

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Wooooouuuullllld

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

iRend posted:

I feel unwell.

No joke, that poo poo is pure gold. If you fry it in a pan you get all the grease out of it and it's great for cooking with. Hainenese chicken rice all the time.

But eating a whole bag at once blegh.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Efexeye posted:

puck-slapping maple suckers...

:vince:

That is loving brilliant. I need to remember that for the next time I call my cousin in Toronto.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Hirayuki posted:

:ssh: Most of the stuff in Japan Crate, Skoshbox, and other Japanese snack delivery services are the equivalent of penny candy and cost a maximum of, say, $1.25 at current exchange rates. Some stuff costs as little as 15 cents or so. The corn potage snacks above cost about 90 cents for a big bag (75 grams) and 27 cents for a little bag (20 grams). Still, a snackbox is miles cheaper than a plane ticket.

Yeah, I'm aware that I'm very much paying for the service of selecting and shipping me the snacks, rather than the snacks themselves. I just happen to find not having to spend the time of hunting down all this crap myself a pretty valuable thing, because I'm a filthy moneyhaver, and sometimes that means I can just spend a little money on making myself happy with something frivolous as hell.

In this month's box... sweet corn pretz, lychee ramune, and a bag of seaweed potato chips.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

iRend posted:

I feel unwell.

Chicken skin is one of the most delicious things on this earth. I prefer mine on the crispier, near-burnt side but really it's all great no matter how you do it.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

:vince:

That is loving brilliant. I need to remember that for the next time I call my cousin in Toronto.

he may respond with 'take a hike, you shatner-stealing mexico touchers', just beware it is a simpsons scene

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
That explains why I didn't recognize it.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Efexeye posted:

it doesnt really fit since they aren't ugly but in the vein of unhealthy chicken addictions:

These with Garlic Hummus :yum:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

iRend posted:

I feel unwell.

The name is adorable

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

that's gribenes, right? a delicious kosher snack

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Gridlocked posted:

Put your stomach where your mouth is mate. Trip report of you eating two of those Party Pie Pizza's or what ever other disgusting thing one of our fast food outlets has going at the moment.

Go on do it for Australia! :australia:

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I get paid on Monday and will happily eat any weird food you (or someone else) suggests, as long as it's relatively cheap and readily available in Melbourne. Because Efexeye is right: There's some stuff in this thread that is clearly terrible, some stuff that may taste fine but is photographed really badly, and some stuff that may be OK in theory but came out all wrong - but then there's ordinary fast food sold in chain restaurants all across the world that a bunch of people are reacting to like it's the worst thing they've ever eaten/seen.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

edoardo raspelli did the hyperbolic fast food review 12 years ago and it was goony as gently caress then too

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Diamonds aren't the only things that are forever.

Tiggum posted:

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I get paid on Monday and will happily eat any weird food you (or someone else) suggests, as long as it's relatively cheap and readily available in Melbourne. Because Efexeye is right: There's some stuff in this thread that is clearly terrible, some stuff that may taste fine but is photographed really badly, and some stuff that may be OK in theory but came out all wrong - but then there's ordinary fast food sold in chain restaurants all across the world that a bunch of people are reacting to like it's the worst thing they've ever eaten/seen.

See if you can track down one of these:

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Seeing this shot me straight back into western NC in the 90s. Southern 'pear salad' consists of halved canned pears topped with a blob of mayo (Dukes, duh) and shredded cheese, and if you're super fancy, a maraschino cherry :stonk:

(Sorry for the meme text.)

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Dick Trauma posted:

My Google image search for "ugly applebees" led me to this dangerous construction:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Efexeye posted:

edoardo raspelli did the hyperbolic fast food review 12 years ago and it was goony as gently caress then too

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
That's not how you make a sandwich! Go home, you're drunk.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

That's not how you make a sandwich! Go home, you're drunk.

Lower carbs!!!

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

would...

...die from sodium overdose

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It looks like insulation foam.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

Dabir posted:

It looks like insulation foam.

Looks like a Swedish Falukorv, which actually does have about as much flavour as insulation foam.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
.....I got a famous bowl guys. Expect a trip report later tonight.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

bunnyofdoom posted:

.....I got a famous bowl guys. Expect a trip report later tonight.

Oh no you got a perfectly unremarkable fast food item

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Hakkesshu posted:

Oh no you're a humourless douchebag who doesn't get this thread, or gets laid.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Wow that's mean :(

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Hakkesshu posted:

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

This doesn't work. The ketchup gets cooked and starts congealing then you've got a jam after 20-30 min. If there was a way to disable the heating element separately from the screw pump, then yeah, maybe it has a chance.

...or so I heard from a friend.:sweatdrop:

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

cash crab posted:

The name is adorable

Where I grew up "cracklins" was the term used to refer to all fried fat snacks.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Famous bowls are pretty much corn chicken and mashed potatoes put together. It's not like I don't do that eating at home already.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

I'm not sure what corn chicken is but I want to try it

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

titties posted:

I'm not sure what corn chicken is but I want to try it

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

My mom tried to make cornbread once by looking up a recipe online. One of the ingredients was a can of beer, but if you didn't have that, you could substitute a can of corn. This level of disconnect between the ingredient and substitution did not alarm my mom any.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

America dot jaypeg

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS

oh man, those tv dinner mashed potatoes/corn are giving me some serious PTSD flashbacks

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Its fun to imagine the plopping and possibly sputtery fart sounds this thing would make.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

Banquet :allears:

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

10 for 10 for eternity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Decrepus posted:

My mom tried to make cornbread once by looking up a recipe online. One of the ingredients was a can of beer, but if you didn't have that, you could substitute a can of corn. This level of disconnect between the ingredient and substitution did not alarm my mom any.

So how was it?

• Locked thread