Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

railroad terror posted:

And Julio will be the #1 WR this year.

I think so too and went all-in whenever I could on Julio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Jose Valasquez posted:

Sweeping changes based on week one are definitely a good idea and nobody has ever regretted it.

Should I keep Brandon Bolden? :ohdear:

I have a spot on my team for an RB. Best options seem to be either Chris Johnson who's presumed to start over Andre Ellington, or maybe Dion Lewis. Thinking of how much work Lewis got in the Pats season opener, though with Blount coming back who even knows? I suppose Benny Cunningham might be an option of the Rams other RBs are still injured.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Quiet Feet posted:

Should I keep Brandon Bolden? :ohdear:

I have a spot on my team for an RB. Best options seem to be either Chris Johnson who's presumed to start over Andre Ellington, or maybe Dion Lewis. Thinking of how much work Lewis got in the Pats season opener, though with Blount coming back who even knows? I suppose Benny Cunningham might be an option of the Rams other RBs are still injured.

I'm in a similar situation with Joique Bell. It's hard to tell if I should keep him (looks like he's getting dropped by most) or drop him for someone like Lewis or Chris Johnson.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Gyshall posted:

Colston looks more or less phased out of the offense, fwiw. Coleman is the guy there that looks like he'll emerge.

Enforka posted:

I think I would sit pat for the most part. Hard to do after nearly all your studs played like crap, but Luck, ODB, Olsen and Gore are all better than they played this weekend. Maybe get rid of Stafford? I can't imagine starting him over Luck unless it's a 2QB league.

I know it's a page back but I wasn't able to check the thread last night.

Thanks for the advice, folks. As I said, I've got "flail about wildly" syndrome. Turns out our waiver order swaps every week to reverse standings, so I'm actually first! (Yay?) I think I'll swap Colston for James Jones. I'm still on the fence about Hillman.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Forever_Peace posted:

I think so too and went all-in whenever I could on Julio.

He's gonna EAT vs the Giants this week.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

LmaoTheKid posted:

He's gonna EAT vs the Giants this week.

His schedule for the whole year is a cakewalk and I would have been taking him in the 1st round all draft season if I didn't already know I could probably land him in the early second.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

How the gently caress did I get Carlos Hyde where people are drafting loving handcuffs what

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008
Waiver Wire question

.5ppr start 1qb 2wr 2rbs 1 TE 2flex w/r/t

My lineup is
Qb
Bradford
Bridgewater
WR
Hilton
Cooks
Stevie
Garçon
Coleman
RB
Forte
LBell
Sankey
Ellington
Sims
TE
Miller

I have the 3rd waiver priority.

This past week I was the high scorer without Bell. There is Carson Palmer, Alex Smith, and Mariotti on the waiver wire should I burn a spot to pick up Palmer (or one of the other two) to solidify my QB spot or should I pick up CJ?K or Cole Beasely (the rest of the wire is pretty bare) or just stand pat and try and snipe one of those QBs after waivers?

Swarmin Swedes fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Sep 15, 2015

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Drop Sims for your Ellington replacement with the first add, then Bridgewater for whichever of the QBs you like the best as your second and third.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Kingtheninja posted:

I'm in a similar situation with Joique Bell. It's hard to tell if I should keep him (looks like he's getting dropped by most) or drop him for someone like Lewis or Chris Johnson.

I have bell too. :negative:

I drafted poorly. After Jamaal Charles I've got Woodhead, the Joiquer, and Blount. don't doubt that some of them will have good weeks but there's no consistency there. Actually none of the other options I'm looking at have that either so :smithicide:

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

#1 waiver spot, .5 PPR first year keeper league

My team:
QB: Peyton, Romo
RB: Lynch, Gore, Abdullah, Randle
WR: OBJ, A. Johnson, S. Johnson, Boldin, Perriman, Jordy
TE: Olsen, Daniels

Available on the wire:
James Jones
Donte Moncrief
Pierre Garcon
Cole Beasley
Marcus Mariota

Jones can probably get me decent flex points in the short term while I wait to see what Perriman offers. I threw Mariota in there because he would be a 12th rd keeper next year (Jordy is already my 13th) and may be worth considering given my QB situation, though I can probably grab him next week or later and am not sure if it'd be worth keeping him over someone like Abdullah as my 6th.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
To me, it looks like Jones might help you the most this year, but if you're making a play for the future, I'd take Moncreif or Beasley who should be productive in their own right

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Teeter posted:

#1 waiver spot, .5 PPR first year keeper league

Abdullah/Randle/Stevie is probably the better flex than Jones. Keeper league I'd go Daniels for Moncrief.

edit: ^^^ :hf:

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
Putting in waiver claims for perriman and 'zo and realizing I'll have almost the entire ravens offense on my team, with forsett, zo, steve smith, and perriman. Is this when you should start questioning your plans?

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Dandy Kaiser posted:

To me, it looks like Jones might help you the most this year, but if you're making a play for the future, I'd take Moncreif or Beasley who should be productive in their own right

Forever_Peace posted:

Abdullah/Randle/Stevie is probably the better flex than Jones. Keeper league I'd go Daniels for Moncrief.

edit: ^^^ :hf:

Thanks. I'm going to have a whole slew of new decisions to make once keeper time comes around. We only get two keepers, and so far I'm leaning Jordy/13th and Abdullah/6th. If Perriman turns out well then he can be kept for my 8th. Not sure if I'd keep Moncrief given the competition in my roster already but he'd go as my 12th round pick if I did.

Might stick to picking up Jones since he can help me now and I'm hopefully already set for next season.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Teeter posted:

Thanks. I'm going to have a whole slew of new decisions to make once keeper time comes around. We only get two, and so far I'm leaning Jordy/13th and Abdullah/6th. If Perriman turns out well then he can be kept for my 8th. Not sure if I'd keep Moncrief given the competition in my roster already.

If Andre Johnson is as dead as he looks, it's at least a possibility Moncrief will be worth keeping even once Hilton is back. And you always might be able to package him with someone else in a trade to another team to upgrade one of your keepers and give the other team two worthwhile keepers, right? Even in the short term, unless you think Jones will beat out Adams and Moncrief won't displace Johnson, there's a good chance Moncrief will be better than Jones.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

RVProfootballer posted:

If Andre Johnson is as dead as he looks, it's at least a possibility Moncrief will be worth keeping even once Hilton is back. And you always might be able to package him with someone else in a trade to another team to upgrade one of your keepers and give the other team two worthwhile keepers, right? Even in the short term, unless you think Jones will beat out Adams and Moncrief won't displace Johnson, there's a good chance Moncrief will be better than Jones.

Great points. This is a friends league that has been going on for a few years but has only just now switched to keepers. We're slowly adjusting mindset so knowing his keeper value is a good thing to keep in my back pocket for potential trade bait at end of season. Thanks.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Hey guys, remember my work league with the stupid commissioner who changed RB scoring to 1 point per 8 yards with 1 point for first down rushes, and bonuses for 40+ yard runs? Well I played the commissioner in Week 1 and was losing all weekend thanks to duds from Peyton, CJA, and Allen Robinson.

And then Carlos Hyde scored 47 points last night and I went from 30 down to 17 up. This will be my most satisfying win all year. The guy was despondent when he came to talk to me this morning. :hellyeah:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Teeter posted:

Great points. This is a friends league that has been going on for a few years but has only just now switched to keepers. We're slowly adjusting mindset so knowing his keeper value is a good thing to keep in my back pocket for potential trade bait at end of season. Thanks.

If you think you're going to be loaded up for keepers, then just take the player with the most value and maybe look to trade. Usually in keeper leagues, I'll load up on as many players with keeper value as possible and then look to make trades for future picks or something. If that's possible, that's what I'd do with that extra bench spot.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!

EL BROMANCE posted:

drat, that's really sucky. When I moved to Yahoo, that was the aspect I missed the most (we get a good Draft recap but thats about it).

I get weekly matchup recaps in Yahoo. They're fun to read in a dumb sort of way.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Would anyone be so kind as to give a short and sweet write-up on why fantasy leagues should use waivers and not a free for all free agent system when anyone can be picked up by anyone at any time? The commish in the league I'm in just randomly switched the settings from waivers to free-for-all right before the games Sunday. When I went to see who I wanted to put in a waiver claim for last night I got to see that anyone remotely valuable had already been picked up. I tried to talk to him about it, but he's a first time commish and literally knows nothing about fantasy football. I'd like to give a nice explanation to the league on the message board, but I'm too angry to write coherently at the moment :)

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Basically it's so that people can have a life and pay attention to waivers at their leisure and so that there is some fairness to the distribution of suddenly-desirable players, instead of the person watching the games in real time getting every obvious add available.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

RCarr posted:

Would anyone be so kind as to give a short and sweet write-up on why fantasy leagues should use waivers and not a free for all free agent system when anyone can be picked up by anyone at any time? The commish in the league I'm in just randomly switched the settings from waivers to free-for-all right before the games Sunday. When I went to see who I wanted to put in a waiver claim for last night I got to see that anyone remotely valuable had already been picked up. I tried to talk to him about it, but he's a first time commish and literally knows nothing about fantasy football. I'd like to give a nice explanation to the league on the message board, but I'm too angry to write coherently at the moment :)

It is only for the most hardcore of leagues. Basically everyone needs to be watching every game every week for it to not be totally unfair. I'm talking people that will miss weddings for football.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

Changing rules right before kickoff, no notice, no discussion, should require your league to reset to previous settings and rosters prior to kickoff. That's straight up not fair for anyone in your league.

Did one player happen to scoop most of the goods on waiver?

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

RCarr posted:

You cannot change league rules without putting it to a league vote or at the BAREST MINIMUM informing the league. Otherwise the commish could change WR scoring to zero the week he is facing antonio brown or open up FA at 2 AM when he knows everyone else is sleeping, pick up all the FAs, then turn waivers back on.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
What gives with Yahoo's waiver system? Broken? I have it set on Continually Rolling and the dude that had the most recent waiver wire pick is listed as the #2 waiver wire order spot for this week.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

You might have it set to rolling based on record and not based on usage?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Dandy Kaiser posted:

You might have it set to rolling based on record and not based on usage?

Nope, usage.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

So in my 0.5ppr, 12-man leagues I scored 4th lowest this week and I have the feeling I need to make some changes. Thinking of trying to target the Dez Bryant owner who also owns Arian Foster. Here's our teams (ignore the fact I have 2 kickers, I autodrafted the last 2 rounds)

I'm 4th on the waivers this week and am targeting James Jones. Based on who's ahead of me, I think there's a 40% chance I get him. I'm thinking of offering Tate and one of Woodhead or Yeldon for Dez and Foster. Does that seem like a reasonable trade from an outside perspective?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
What do you guys think, Chris Johnson or Sproles?

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Sproles. More volume, more opportunities. CJ?K is still a good pickup if you own Ellington and are short on RBs.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
The One True And Best System is Free Agent Auction Budget.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

We think Chris Johnson is a better bet than David Johnson?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Is Roy Helu droppable at this point, even in a sixteen team league?

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

We think Chris Johnson is a better bet than David Johnson?

Well he's the declared starter so sure, I guess? Who knows what Arians is thinking.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yeah

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

ZIGfried posted:

I get weekly matchup recaps in Yahoo. They're fun to read in a dumb sort of way.

Ah yes, mine just came through. I completely forgot about these! Not as good as the old NFL.com ones, but fun anyway. Doesn't seem like Y! has had much of an upgrade since last year (same bugs in the iOS app) but it's still fun.

I get a real kick out of the machine generated reports, I don't know why. Makes it feel like you're the talk of the town hah.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Marcel Reece is now the #2 guy there, though with how many passes Latavius was catching I doubt it matters as much anymore.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

someone rank these guys for next week:

bradford v DAL
wilson @ GB
palmer @ CHI
kaep @ PIT

i'm thinking palmer, kaep, bradford, then wilson.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Franks Happy Place posted:

Marcel Reece is now the #2 guy there, though with how many passes Latavius was catching I doubt it matters as much anymore.

It still boggles my mind that Reece isn't a bigger part of that offensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Anyone feel like confirming my waiver thinking?

Standard 10-team 2RB 3WR 1TE
Available: Vereen, Coleman, David Johnson, Chris Johnson, Heath Miller, James Jones, Beasley, Hillman (I don't have CJA)
Droppable?: Funchess, Ryan Mathews (?)

Leaning toward: Drop Funchess for (1) Coleman, (2) Beasley, or (3) Jones.

Standard 10-team 2RB 3WR 1TE
Available: Vereen, Woodhead, Sankey, both ARI Johnsons, J. Jones, Heath Miller, Beasley, Coleman
Droppable?: Joique, Crowell, Delanie Walker

Leaning toward: only drop Crowell. Shoot for Heath Miller (because I'm worried about Walker for week 2), #2 priority is Woodhead

Half-PPR 12-team 2RB 2WR 1TE 1RB/WR/TE
Available: Beasley, James Jones, CJ2K
Droppable?: Funchess, Duke Johnson, DWill (if I don't start him this week, next best is Vereen)

Leaning toward: Drop Funchess for (1) Beasley or (2) Jones. Drop Duke for Chris.

Half-PPR 12-team 2RB 2WR 1TE 1RB/WR/TE
Available: Jordan Reed, Coleman, Beasley, J. Jones, CJ2K
Droppable?: Funchess, Reggie Bush, Duke Johnson

Leaning toward: Drop Funchess for (1) Coleman, (2) Beasley or (3) Jones. Drop Bush for CJ2K.

Questions:
Should I be worried about Delanie Walker? If I pick up a short-term replacement, do I hold him on the bench?
Am I wrong to be giving up on Funchess?

Edit: removed some players on my "Droppable?" list that I got ridiculed for.

SurgicalOntologist fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Sep 15, 2015

• Locked thread