Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
even as a firebig I hate crawlers the most
whenever I backpedal into a group while kiting a scrake or fleshpound they gnaw off half my armor before I can turn around and blast them or lob a molotov at my feet

special mention goes to the wave 3 stalkers blocking my path as I run away from a husk about to jihad me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Metrohunter posted:

whenever I backpedal into a group while kiting a scrake or fleshpound they gnaw off half my armor before I can turn around and blast them or lob a molotov at my feet

special mention goes to the wave 3 stalkers blocking my path as I run away from a husk about to jihad me

My main Firebug strategy consists of basically spinning in a circle, tapping fire at anything that moves. If I have a good team, I'll take a doorway, which I can usually keep until a Scrake/FP shows up.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Metrohunter posted:

What are you even doing looking at scrakes/fps when there is trash around. Burn everything starting with the weakest.

Also they should make an M4+M203 one of the weapons(maybe the default) of the demo

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Away all Goats posted:

What are you even doing looking at scrakes/fps when there is trash around. Burn everything starting with the weakest.

Also they should make an M4+M203 one of the weapons(maybe the default) of the demo

I've been soloing a lot recently because I've been getting pingspikes that make me teleport across rooms minus half of my health and pretty much all my deaths are because some crawlers I didn't see blocked my path while I was backing up or maneuvering around some zeds

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

So I've come to the conclusoin that the Firebug's big purpose on Hans isn't necessarily damage but airblasting him about when he starts stabbing people. I start with the trench gun to try to knock off a good chunk of his HP as fast as possible, and start switching to the microwave gun more and more as he goes down the stages to where he's more likely to berserk some poor fool.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Alkydere posted:

So I've come to the conclusoin that the Firebug's big purpose on Hans isn't necessarily damage but airblasting him about when he starts stabbing people. I start with the trench gun to try to knock off a good chunk of his HP as fast as possible, and start switching to the microwave gun more and more as he goes down the stages to where he's more likely to berserk some poor fool.

I love that altfire, it should let you reflect/redirect the Husk's fire attack, maybe causing it to do more damage and/or explode

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
As long as we're lifting ideas from TF2, I'd like the support class to be able to build sentry guns and ammo dispensers.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Away all Goats posted:

I love that altfire, it should let you reflect/redirect the Husk's fire attack, maybe causing it to do more damage and/or explode

The fact that the alt-fire does damage too is useful. It's hilarious when you push back a charging FP/Scrake only to watch all the trash around him vaporize.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Zernach posted:

Speaking of, I'm having this problem. The steam group that Dorkasaurus started is dead as a door nail and poking my head around in the CTS Mumble has been a dud too. Any other groups/chats you use to group up? Or is my problem just that there aren't a lot of euro goons playing this game?

Add people off the groups and randomly harass them.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

ponzicar posted:

As long as we're lifting ideas from TF2, I'd like the support class to be able to build sentry guns and ammo dispensers.

please make the SWAT's grenade a deployable sentry gun

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Ruggington posted:

The main reason to go demolitions was to make fleshpounds disappear in a puff of smoke

Nope, the main reason is because it's as fun as all gently caress watching crowds of trash getting turned into gib rain, or torsos being lobbed over rooftops.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Gromit posted:

Nope, the main reason is because it's as fun as all gently caress watching crowds of trash getting turned into gib rain, or torsos being lobbed over rooftops.

I can't even do that now because I get like ten shots and no extra grenades :mad:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
Microwave gun is also a pretty good source of gib rain. On some of the narrow hallways like on the boarding tunnel things on the escape point map it's like you're filling the entire hallway with chunky salsa.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

President Ark posted:

Microwave gun is also a pretty good source of gib rain. On some of the narrow hallways like on the boarding tunnel things on the escape point map it's like you're filling the entire hallway with chunky salsa.

Microgun and Zed Shrapnel make for the messiest hallway defense, it's great.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Ruggington posted:

I can't even do that now because I get like ten shots and no extra grenades :mad:

I can't argue against giving demo more ammo or at least something that isn't single-shot, but I've always had fun playing it. Mind you, the group I play with are not FPS players really, so we stick to normal difficulty. It's either that or I have to play D&D Online with them, so I'm happy to wear that.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Zernach posted:

Speaking of, I'm having this problem. The steam group that Dorkasaurus started is dead as a door nail and poking my head around in the CTS Mumble has been a dud too. Any other groups/chats you use to group up? Or is my problem just that there aren't a lot of euro goons playing this game?

add me and harass me. I travel during the week, but weekends I'm normally in CTS with some others in the KF2 section. Just be warned there are a lot of bad jokes and a lot of my getting killed because I don't pay attention to my health. Still have fun though!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/znorps/

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
I'd be pretty happy with keeping the firebug physically weak if it means we get to keep our amazing toys. Make them into a glass cannon that needs protection but deals insane damage.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
Yeah, Firebug doesn't need any sort of health increase.
http://gfycat.com/WelllitHalfAnura
http://gfycat.com/TenderHeavenlyAsiandamselfly
http://gfycat.com/IllinformedAfraidHuemul
http://gfycat.com/ZestyEmptyDogwoodtwigborer

The game does not like it when you join right as a wave ends or something, apparently.
http://gfycat.com/RegalFocusedBergerpicard
http://gfycat.com/BeautifulHardtofindDuck

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
It has been a while since I've played this game, have they made it easier to jump over railings yet? The gifs say no, but I want to make sure.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Broose posted:

It has been a while since I've played this game, have they made it easier to jump over railings yet? The gifs say no, but I want to make sure.

Nope. When you really need to get over a railing, you won't be able to. RIP.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Have they made a hud or mod yet that finds bling? We were looking for the last necklace in the Catacombs and never found it even as 3 fps spawned.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
If you must do the bling achievement, solo normal mode is the easiest way to do it because you can actually pause the game and Shift+Tab to Youtube the locations.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Nope. When you really need to get over a railing, you won't be able to. RIP.

less poo pooposting, more Scrakes on a Plane

you missed out last night. It's unbelievable.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Psion posted:

less poo pooposting, more Scrakes on a Plane

you missed out last night. It's unbelievable.

You played Scrakes on a Plane without me?!?!

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
I do not see the appeal of Skrakes on a Plane. :saddowns:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

You played Scrakes on a Plane without me?!?!

If you can’t slam with the best, then jam with the rest.

Require More Fire posted:

Play firebug. It'll come to you.

also why do so many people spell scrakes with a sk when it's clearly Scrake?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

It's a lovely map. The only reason people like it is because it funnels zeds, so they feel like they're badasses for killing clusters.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy

Psion posted:

also why do so many people spell scrakes with a sk when it's clearly Scrake?

Mortal Kombat flashback, sorry.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

It's not a good map. But it's an excuse to make bad Snakes Scrakes on a Plane jokes, and that's what really counts.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

It's not a good map. But it's an excuse to make bad Snakes Scrakes on a Plane jokes, and that's what really counts.

Stick a zerk at the door. Wow, now it's the best map.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Ehhh, I was the berserker in the door. It's still a bad map but it can also be hilarious/fun to play once in a while as long as you and your friends aren't humorless robots. It's a gimmick map, treat it as such.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Skoll posted:

It's a lovely map. The only reason people like it is because it funnels zeds, so they feel like they're badasses for killing clusters.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess you don't get invited to many parties

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012
Oh man, Sips and Sjin from Yogscast uploaded a video of them playing KF2 for the first time. It's adorable how clueless but enthusiastic they are. :allears:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrILjXEE5o0

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
you say somethin bout scrakes on a plane?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Zernach posted:

Oh man, Sips and Sjin from Yogscast uploaded a video of them playing KF2 for the first time. It's adorable how clueless but enthusiastic they are. :allears:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrILjXEE5o0

How did he afford an AK at wave 2? "I accidentally gave you all of my money"

That and baby's first reaction to Fleshpounds :allears:

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy

Section Z posted:

How did he afford an AK at wave 2? "I accidentally gave you all of my money"

When they get to that wave and there's only two zeds left, I was thinking it would be great if it were a FP and a Scrake. And then it was. :allears:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Section Z posted:

"HE'S GOT CHAINSAWS FOR FINGERS! :supaburn:"

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
http://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/792987731031325407

In case anybody missed it, they're doing a custom content contest thing. It'll end in four weeks, so we'll most likely see the new stuff implemented in about five to six weeks from now.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Theta Zero posted:

so we'll most likely see the new stuff implemented in about five to six weeks from now.

Ah, an optimist I see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
I'm super enjoying Firebug. I loved it in the first game but it's such a great trash clearer now.

What the story with FPs and Scrakes re: fire, are they especially weak to it or no? I'm not sure how to handle them as a FB yet, other than :flame: