Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Cake Attack posted:

You could have just said it's bad

They really should have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

is Listen to Me, Girls. I Am Your Father! a good dad series, or is it weird

That's a great title.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
It's not really bad, more like aggressively mediocre. It can get you your dadmanga fix in a pinch if you've read absolutely everything else already and are starved for more, but that's it.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

An 18 year old dating a 14 year old isn't that weird guys!!!!!!!!!

littleorv fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Sep 2, 2015

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

littleorv posted:

An 18 year old dating a 14 year old isn't that weird guys!!!!!!!!!

It's entirely one-sided on the girl's part and nothing comes out of it. A 14 year old having a crush on an 18 year old isn't that weird.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sweetness and Lightning got some new chapters!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
A new one for the male lead + childcare pile

King of Childcare
The story follows Iku Fukuda, who likes working with kids, so he gets a job at a day care center. When he realizes there's a gap between his expectations and reality, he quits after 2 months. But Fukuda doesn't give up on his love of working with kids.

Just one chapter so far but it was a pretty good starting chapter. It's by the same person who wrote Gingitsune which I haven't read but thought was pretty well-received?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

dynasty dads

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Everything Burrito posted:

A new one for the male lead + childcare pile

King of Childcare
The story follows Iku Fukuda, who likes working with kids, so he gets a job at a day care center. When he realizes there's a gap between his expectations and reality, he quits after 2 months. But Fukuda doesn't give up on his love of working with kids.

Just one chapter so far but it was a pretty good starting chapter. It's by the same person who wrote Gingitsune which I haven't read but thought was pretty well-received?

cute so far and the joke with the mean principal at the end was actually funny but i hope the other senseis are nicer! they probably will be though (except maybe glasses 2), looking at their designs. excited for the big guy

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

many new father and son chapters on crunchy!!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie posted:

many new father and son chapters on crunchy!!

yay! I wonder when the app will notifiy me lol. I got the notification for new Sweetness and Lightning like 3 days after I'd already read all the new chapters.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Juuni-Banme-no-Tenshi

here's a short, tragic sort of dad manga

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie posted:

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Juuni-Banme-no-Tenshi

here's a short, tragic sort of dad manga

Oh I've been meaning to read that one. It looked like one I shouldn't read at work though, since I try not to boo-hoo over manga when I'm in the office lol.

Sen to Man got an update!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I have been reading Old Man Frog and feel terribly bad for Fly Dad.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

king of childcare updated.

king of childcare, more like king of male daycare teachers!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oops, you beat me to posting the update but I have a link :smug:

I wonder if there's going to be friction between Ootori Day Care and the other day cares, especially if they start poaching teachers.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
New Chichikogusa!
All these updates it's getting lately are great but so bad for my heart.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

here's a new series

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/tenohira-size-r16252/

its a single mom series though! those are pretty rare as far as i've seen. its already ended in japan (single volume) so we'll probably actually get all of it translated. its from the same author as the good Soshite, Hare ni Naru.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Although the worst character makes an appearance, today is nevertheless the best day again - http://www.mangareader.net/yotsubato/89

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
And here's a better looking scan.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

:3:

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I do miss my dad every now and then, so I start reading dad mangas to bring back memories.

Thanks for this thread, yo.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006

Dad Anime!

Usagi Drop
Going home from his grandfather's funeral, thirty-year-old Daikichi is floored to discover that the old man had an illegitimate child with a younger lover. The rest of his family is equally shocked and embarrassed by this surprise development, and not one of them wants anything to do with the silent little girl, Rin Kaga. In a fit of anger, Daikichi decides to take her in himself. As Daikichi nurtures Rin, he started to understand the struggle while at the same time the joy of parenting.
DO NOT READ THE MANGA.

Ok, but why?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sakurazuka posted:

Imagine eating a really yummy bowl of crunchy cereal, then towards the end you look down and realise that you've actually been eating cockroaches for the past couple of minutes, that's Usagi Drop.

dipple posted:

Dude adopts his half-aunt and then after a time skip she develops romantic feelings for him and then the end is him giving in to her.

Bad Seafood posted:

Man visits grandfather's funeral.
Man learns grandfather had an illegitimate kid.
Man adopts kids since the rest of the family wants nothing to do with her.
Kid grows up to fall in love with her adoptive dad and wants to get hitched. They do.

edited because I wasn't actually trying to be a jerk just wanted to forestall another Usagi Drop discussion

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Sep 27, 2015

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of, does anyone know what happens in Hotman after the translated part ends? It looked like it was also heading towards a weird incest thing, but I'm curious as to whether it ended up stupid or not.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
New Sen to Man

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I have begun catching up on my backlog of dad manga. Sweetness and Lightning is still good.

This is quite the face.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

I was just about to post this exact panel, it's perfect.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's coming

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I wanted to post some of the cutest panels but read it on my phone so I can't, but ch. 27 was adorable :kimchi:

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
This isn't exactly about dad manga, but since there's no single-parent manga thread...

Tenohira Size is a manga about a divorced mom and her three children (a baby, a second-grader, and a fifth? grader specifically). It's very bittersweet and brutally familiar if you have any experience growing up in a separated family at all.

The newest chapter in particular perfectly captures that feeling of a kid just wanting to see their parent :( but the dad just never comes to visit since he's too preoccupied with the other family.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah it's really good. I'd been kinda bouncing around the idea of mentioning it in here but kinda left it for someone else to decide so thanks :v:

Seems to be pretty short and getting updated regularly so it probably won't be long before it's all out, if anyone is on the fence about checking it out.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Did any more of Cooking Papa ever get translated? When I read it a few years ago, there were only a handful of chapters translated.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Latest Release(s)
v.2 c.16 by Bartley Scanlations (575d ago)

:(

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i posted tenohora size before....

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Latest Release(s)
v.2 c.16 by Bartley Scanlations (575d ago)

:(
It's a shame. I may be wrong but was the translator a goon? Might be mixing it up with the guy who translated Bambino.

Some of the recipes in Cooking Papa are pretty funny/old school. I remember one of the chapters stipulating that the roast chicken should be cooked at 300C. Probably a typo.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie posted:

i posted tenohora size before....

poo poo, sorry. I've been thinking about collecting everything posted thus far & adding it to the OP somewhere because it's hard to remember.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Bambi to Dhole
Yukimi is her real name but everyone calls her Bambi. She is the student discipline committee member who locks students out of the school if they're a minute late, but sneaks cigarette breaks on the roof. Lone wolf (Dhole, Asiatic wild dog) transfer student Tetsu (everyone pronounces it Tooru) Nagasawa hops the fence after she locks it and breaks her cigarette in half when he finds her on the roof, but he's a super nice guy to a mother and baby on the train. Bambi already has a boyfriend but will the wolf steal her heart?

It's a bit of a spoiler for the first couple of chapters but I'm posting this one here because Tetsu is a teen dad raising his son with his grandmother's help. There's only 4 chapters out at this point but it's had a pretty strong start. Being part of a family is the big theme so far, although it's a shoujo romance so obviously things will go in that direction as well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

shes gonna ntr!!