Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
clownpiece

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Clown pees

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Cut my clown into piece, this is my last word.

SirSlarty
Dec 23, 2003

that's wicked

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Thats rude

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

please don't promote violence against women and/or clowns

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Dude that's hosed up, she was just doing her job

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

if you have issues with women and/or clowns please consult a psychiatrist

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

I don't have an issue with women; I don't have issues with clowns, but I have issues with clown women.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

AdorableStar posted:

I don't have an issue with women; I don't have issues with clowns, but I have issues with clown women.

I too have an issue with clown women.

That issue is that they are the best.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Of poo poo.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Truly Clownpiece is the most divisive of Touhous. Clownpiece Owns

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Zoness posted:

I too have an issue with clown women.

That issue is that they are the best.

I don't see an issue here...

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I have an issue with Clown Women.

Specifically, I have issues 32 through to 548 of 'Great stonking Honkers'.

I read them for the articles

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

She's a clown but I haven't ever seen her make a joke or throw a pie or anything :confused:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

staplegun posted:

She's a clown but I haven't ever seen her make a joke or throw a pie or anything :confused:

Sounds like the moon didn't hit your eye like a big pizza pie

SirSlarty
Dec 23, 2003

that's wicked

staplegun posted:

She throws moonpies.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
She's a fairy: nature's clowns.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Maybe, but at least fairies are good buds.

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Would unironicly wear that born in the USA if it has a picture of the boss dress up as clownpeice.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Mazed posted:

looks like shes breaking cirnos hand into clown pieces

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

staplegun posted:

The joke is your life.

She provides the punchline.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Mazed posted:

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

New interview with ZUN. There's a bit more at the link, but here's a few things I can comment on.

ZUN posted:

Writing the Stage 4 theme was a comfortable experience. When I spend time thinking about how to write a song, the song tends to be bad. Writing whatever I think of is comfortable.

In other interviews, he's said that he actually throws music away if it takes longer than 2 hours to write. Speaking as someone who writes music, I am insanely jealous of his ability to almost literally crap out memorable melodies and arrangements, and production that is enticing if not particularly slick. Apparently, the mojo doesn't work for him if he has to think about it though. I wonder if that's ever frustrating to him. It usually takes me dozens of hours BEFORE any production to write 5 minutes of music that I'm happy with...but I guess my (ultimately meaningless) consolation is at least I have a very deep understanding of all the musical mechanisms I've employed. EDIT: I've tried taking ZUN's approach before. Me not being a savant, anything I write in 2 hours or less is HOT GARBAGE, unless it's really simplistic, or really short.

ZUN posted:

Due to the lore, [LoLK] absolutely must be a hard game.

ZUN posted:

This time for players, beating Easy is enough. I wouldn't force them to [play on harder difficulties.]

:wth: ZUN endorses easy modo! I am shock! And apparently the difficulty of LoLK is explicitly for story-telling reasons?

ZUN posted:

Extra Stage is Stage 7, thus it is part of the main story.

lol, stage 7 with no difficulty selection.

ZUN posted:

(Browsing twitter on his phone) I see a cosplay of Clownpiece from the American TouhouCon. America has a good fandom environment. I'd like to go there again.

All :patriot:s salute you, sir!

ZUN posted:

As for the moons of the Stage 5 boss, I couldn't beat them myself when I tried it.

:troll: :roflolmao: :troll:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
My own report is that I didn't find Clownpiece particularly hard, but Sagume's first nonspell absolutely murders me.

Also Junko's final spellcard manages to both be difficult and boring.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Pureauthor posted:

My own report is that I didn't find Clownpiece particularly hard, but Sagume's first nonspell absolutely murders me.

That about describes Junko in general and is why I still haven't gotten around to beating her yet.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

Are you playing as Sanae? Because her homing bullets are uniquely unsuited to every one of Sagume's patterns and makes her hell to fight.

Also, yeah. Junko has some pretty boring patterns by design, it makes her a pretty lame fight.

Maximum Chenergy
Aug 30, 2007

Its black mist swallows all.

AnoHito posted:

That about describes Junko in general and is why I still haven't gotten around to beating her yet.

Yeah, I still haven't finished the game yet because even though I'm at her last word it was just so tedious to sit there for 30 seconds every time before I could actually start the hard part (and usually end up dying almost immediately), and why do that when I can fulton away tanks instead.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

I actually don't understand this comic. Also in that last panel it looks like she has a boob and no arms.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

They're making fun of her shirt (and are stupid because her shirt is great)

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
2hus do not wear shirts.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

AdorableStar posted:

I actually don't understand this comic. Also in that last panel it looks like she has a boob and no arms.

She has three bodies, one in the Spirit World, one on Earth, and one on the moon. The comic imagines that each of her different bodies is wearing a different cheesy shirt, and the residents of each place all make fun of her respectively.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The other half is her extreme reaction to anyone mocking her looks, which came from her covnersation with Sanae during the extra stage.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Clarste posted:

She has three bodies, one in the Spirit World, one on Earth, and one on the moon. The comic imagines that each of her different bodies is wearing a different cheesy shirt, and the residents of each place all make fun of her respectively.

Only three bodies?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

The other half is her extreme reaction to anyone mocking her looks, which came from her covnersation with Sanae during the extra stage.

To be fair I think most people in Gensokyo would attack anyone who insulted their fashion sense. Mostly because most people in Gensokyo generally do not need a reason at all to attack someone, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
So did no one in this thread go to Touhoucon?

Still morbidly curious about the Walfas and the "fandom into career" panels.