Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I hope this doesn't come off rude, but any chance IGgy that you'll make new CAWs soon? I think I'm in the next batch and I'd love to have a (cave) guy in the ring again. Also if Zore doesn't object maybe we can be a tag team! He's like my hero.

e: I also have a question for Punchy's next q&a session: "how do you wrestle with boxing gloves on?" Flamander can also answer this one.

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Sep 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Gonna earn me a FemBuscus. Whoo!

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I hope this doesn't come off rude, but any chance IGgy that you'll make new CAWs soon? I think I'm in the next batch and I'd love to have a (cave) guy in the ring again. Also if Zore doesn't object maybe we can be a tag team! He's like my hero.

e: I also have a question for Punchy's next q&a session: "how do you wrestle with boxing gloves on?" Flamander can also answer this one.

I'll be sorting out my internet soon (finally), and have recently purchased 2k14 so I can help with CAW production soon.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Junpei Hyde posted:

I'll be sorting out my internet soon (finally), and have recently purchased 2k14 so I can help with CAW production soon.

Finally! The Jumpy has come back to LPFWA! (some anime song starts playing)
E: I trust you'll let me know once the time has come so I can add you to the thingamajigs.

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Yeah, sorry, I've been neglecting CAWs over the last few weeks / the last month. There were things that I'd rather do than battle with the three-step process that is making a CAW. If I had made CAWs it would have been only out of obligation, and if I do this out of obligation I think you'd notice. I just decided to spend my time playing good games and socializing instead (sometimes at the same time). There's still a few CAWs that I'd need to make. Hell, I haven't even added that one submission from last month to my to-do list. I really should (it's in the back of my head, though)

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Hey, you know? Maybe it would be a great idea to have fake Q&A sessions that could be presented in SSLP format. Just some stuff to flesh out some of the characters that either get less screen time or less opportunities to get characterized DUE to their characters. (Punchy's gimmick is he doesn't really give a poo poo but sometimes pretends he does)

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Sep 13, 2015

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I keep hearing crows whenever people talk about custom wrestlers. Wonder why.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

IGgy IGsen posted:

E: I trust you'll let me know once the time has come so I can add you to the thingamajigs.

Hell yeah.

Also, if either of us (or anyone else with the game) becomes hardcore champion, multiplayer matches.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

IGgy IGsen posted:

Yeah, sorry, I've been neglecting CAWs over the last few weeks / the last month. There were things that I'd rather do than battle with the three-step process that is making a CAW. If I had made CAWs it would have been only out of obligation, and if I do this out of obligation I think you'd notice. I just decided to spend my time playing good games and socializing instead (sometimes at the same time). There's still a few CAWs that I'd need to make. Hell, I haven't even added that one submission from last month to my to-do list. I really should (it's in the back of my head, though)

Hey, you know? Maybe it would be a great idea to have fake Q&A sessions that could be presented in SSLP format. Just some stuff to flesh out some of the characters that either get less screen time or less opportunities to get characterized DUE to their characters. (Punchy's gimmick is he doesn't really give a poo poo but sometimes pretends he does)

No worries, I can wait until you're in the mood for CAWing! As for actual q&a posts, that could be cool.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Zanzibar Ham posted:

No worries, I can wait until you're in the mood for CAWing! As for actual q&a posts, that could be cool.

Actually yeah, gently caress it ask Junpei anytging?

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
: I'm already open to any questions the fans may have for me, anytime, anywhere. And I gotta say, Punchy, that rematch was definitely worth it, I wouldn't want our only big match on the books to be that first one, one-sided matches are just dull. Let's do it again sometime. My next match is already set, me against Boob Marley, looking forward to that, and establishing my stable as a real force in the LPFWA. We're gonna teach this league the real meaning of "showmanship"! Oh, right, my agent suggested I get into a feud, so, let's get this camera on, and.... Gryph Hammer! You've dissed my buddy, Flamander, for the last time! Worse yet, you denied the crowd The Worm! At an upcoming pay-per-view event, I'm gonna take you down!

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.

Flamander asked me to do it! He said that it would help him hit the worm against John Cena! And he did! Twice even! Go Flamander! You did good, buddy!

As for you, Eclectic, you didn't do me the courtesy of coming up with a name for my finisher. How am I going to compete with the Worm? All I'm saying is, I accept your challenge, even if I don't work here! In the parking lot, backstage, or if you really want, inside the ring during one of the lulls in programming, I'll fight you. At the next pay-per-view event, you'll face the Hammer. And my finisher? That's not the Hammer.

(I've taken to calling it the Mark Out. My signature, which is almost never seen, is called 'Drop the Hammer', and the hammer is my last name.)

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Torchlighter posted:

Flamander asked me to do it! He said that it would help him hit the worm against John Cena! And he did! Twice even! Go Flamander! You did good, buddy!

As for you, Eclectic, you didn't do me the courtesy of coming up with a name for my finisher. How am I going to compete with the Worm? All I'm saying is, I accept your challenge, even if I don't work here! In the parking lot, backstage, or if you really want, inside the ring during one of the lulls in programming, I'll fight you. At the next pay-per-view event, you'll face the Hammer. And my finisher? That's not the Hammer.

(I've taken to calling it the Mark Out. My signature, which is almost never seen, is called 'Drop the Hammer', and the hammer is my last name.)

: Hell yeah, that's the spirit! This is gonna be awesome! Uh, I mean, I'm gonna totally wreck you, man! But seriously I'm really lookin' forward to this, Flamander had nothing but good things to say about you, this should be a great match, and oh man there's gonna be so much heat, all our merch is gonna sell out.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I'm just gonna leave this here. IGgy, feel free to do whatever you want with it...

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
Haha, man, so much for me making a monster heel. That was kind of embarrassing. I am glad he got to do his corner chest splash though. Also, yeah, his main finisher is a bearhug and his secondary is the neutralizer I think? I needed something that looked like it had chest impact. :v:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Action Shakespeare posted:

Haha, man, so much for me making a monster heel. That was kind of embarrassing. I am glad he got to do his corner chest splash though. Also, yeah, his main finisher is a bearhug and his secondary is the neutralizer I think? I needed something that looked like it had chest impact. :v:

Give him a pirate gimmick and call his finisher the treasure chest.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Rendar,I have thought your offer over,and I have come to a decision-you need me as much as I need you. Your "Stormtroopers" are inferior to my Kamakrazee Fukushima Warboys in every way,but you have the guzzoline and other rescources,so an alliance would be mutually beneficial...for the time being.

Lazyfire was :mediocre: anyway.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Attention conspiratorial oppressors of the free word. As soon as I'm out of this hospital and who locks infirmary doors anyway I'm joining a stable. The ORA.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

anilEhilated posted:

Attention conspiratorial oppressors of the free word. As soon as I'm out of this hospital and who locks infirmary doors anyway I'm joining a stable. The ORA.

Hey, that's my gag! I'm sueing you for copyright infringement.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

I just thought it would be polite to let everyone know that I've gotten lots and lots of invitations to join stables well okay at least two invitations but that counts as lots I think but anyways my point is that I don't think I should join any stable until I win a match I came pretty close against Grim Darkflame who was really good and deserves congratulations by the way that was a really good match and I'm proud of all of it except y'know the way it ended but I'm going to keep fighting and keep trying and keep drinking more and more coffee and turn my win/loss record around but until I at least get a win under my belt I don't think it would be right of me to accept any of these invitations for any of these ORAs because I don't want to be a drag on anyone else's success I'm going to win on my own terms and keep doing things the right way and give my very best every single day until I've become as good a wrestler as I know I can be and also I'm going to get another title shot one of these days and I'm gonna win it you see if I don't it's just a matter of time and effort I'll put in the effort and drink my coffee and eat my vitamins and I want to thank all the fans for their support I love you guys and don't stop believing in me and I won't ever give up and SOMEONE GET ME A FRESH ESPRESSO

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)
Hrm, ORA, huh? [looks at tablet messages, grins evilly] Yesssss, I think ORA is the perfect fit for me! Sorry, Dash, old buddy, but I'm afraid your financial interests and mine don't co-incide. You had your chance, so feel free to prepare for your arse to be kicked rather heavily!

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

SOMEONE GET ME A FRESH ESPRESSO

Uh, wow, are you okay? I guess I at least owe you a coffee for the brain damage or something. I didn't try to kill you, I swear. It's just really really fun booting people in the head over and over again. I think if it wasn't for that, you could have beaten me. It was a drat good match.

I'm not a fan of these stables though. I mean, what good do they do me? It's not like I can go for a tag match alongside Lazyfire, or have Pomp jump into my match and beat up AnilEhilated for me, wrestling is still a segregated sport. Seriously Iggy, this is some 19th century bullshit, it's either 2015 or the mid-2020s (I'm not sure which, all I know is that everyone has a bit of brain damage around here), even on the Moon there's no excuse for how you run your organisation.

...But, you know, it still feels good to win a match. I didn't do too badly in my previous matches, but this one was a proper showcase of exactly how to kick someone in the loving face. I love how that has worked out, my finishers are brilliant. I'm pretty sure my finisher/signature request was "anything that is a boot to the head, ideally the most brutal one" and man, did you deliver. The camera angle made that superkick into something else, is that sort of stuff just random?

Also, about me being really 90s, well, I wanted to be pretty metal but deliberately didn't want to just be a fake Kane or Undertaker, and then I turned out to be a woman, so that wasn't an issue. I didn't even know Sting was a wrestler, but looking him up, wow, Dad, put that ridiculous red jacket away, dress like a normal six-foot-two monstrosity, you're embarrassing as hell.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Hey, at least you're being compared to 1990s The Crow Sting. I'm old enough to remember Sting's first look:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Hey, at least you're being compared to 1990s The Crow Sting. I'm old enough to remember Sting's first look:

Also Joker Sting.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

:

It appears that despite my slight handicap (being dead) I have been invited to join the ORA. I accept. We shall raid and riot across the wasteland, stealing what little gasoline people have managed to scrounge together and watch Dragonball!

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Lazyfire posted:

:

It appears that despite my slight handicap (being dead) I have been invited to join the ORA. I accept. We shall raid and riot across the wasteland, stealing what little gasoline people have managed to scrounge together and watch Dragonball!

What. The. gently caress!? I mean, I was jesting about the :mediocre: comment! We're good,right? Pleasedontkillme.

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Look, just sign the stupid petition. I've got stuff to do.
I, too, have recently been approached with an offer to join the ORA, and I must say I very much like the idea - a new look as I get rid of this mask and hat calls for a new set of allies. Now I won't name which ORA, the relevant party knows who they are and I'm certain the others won't care where my allegiance lies until I and my new partners are punching in faces more near and dear (or visible) to them, but I will say if contracts are necessary we can write them up and everything at... I dunno, a bar or something? I've been thinking of starting my own up around here. I don't know much about alcohol or the art of serving it, but I do know none of these other moon-based bars carry ruby bliels and I really want to know what that actually tastes like. I mean, I've heard the story from a guy about that stuff, just piqued my curiousity, y'know?

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

VolticSurge posted:

What. The. gently caress!? I mean, I was jesting about the :mediocre: comment! We're good,right? Pleasedontkillme.

:
How dare you disrespect the dead

and apologize. You are terrible at raiding!

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
: "Hey Rendar, I got your invitation. I may donate a lot of time to charity, but there are limits even for me. Besides, shouldn't you be in jail or something?"

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Lazyfire posted:

:
How dare you disrespect the dead

and apologize. You are terrible at raiding!

: Yes,my men aren't good at raiding. That is because they specialize in full-blown WAR! Hence the name Warboy. As to your predicament, I may have a solution,but you won't like it. The A-Word is involved.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Eeevil posted:

: "Hey Rendar, I got your invitation. I may donate a lot of time to charity, but there are limits even for me. Besides, shouldn't you be in jail or something?"

There aren't any jails on the moon.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Blind Sally posted:

There aren't any jails on the moon.

We'll improvise. Someone find a closet!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
One night on the moon, all broadcasts are high-jacked and replaced by a message from Dash Rendar and his robot compatriot, Leebo. (Signal Hijacker courtesy of DashCo., for only $89.99, you too can hijack all forms of communication on the lunar surface! (Some assembly required, batteries not included).

Good evening, people of the moon. This is Dash Rendar with a little message for all of you out there in the LPFWA: those of you who have aligned yourselves with the superior ORA, the one with the full backing of DashCo., rest easy in knowing that your needs will be taken care of. We look after our own, isn't that right, Leebo?
Yeah, sure, whatever.
We do, my friend, we really. Not like these pretenders. These wannabe ORAs. See, our ORA stable is the best. Their stables? Just some Other Really Awful mess.
Oh, for--really!?
(Quiet, Leebo, I'm pontificating). No, see, DashCo.--which is a company, Eeevil, not a charity, we're a proper LLC--is fully committed to its members. We're committed to supporting them so that they can do what they do best: KICK SOME rear end!!!
Thrilling.
Those of you who have accepted my invitation, I look forward to working with you. Those of you who have opposed, well, it's a free lunar base. Not free in that you have rights and freedoms and are allowed to do things such as "make choices", but free in that it's a lawless hive of scum and villainy where the baddest outlaws are "free" to enforce their will over those inferior to them. So, uh, those of you who turned down my offer, keep that in mind.
I've added you to our corporate poo poo-list.
But don't worry, you have time to reconsider. I'm not a bad guy, no. I'm a reasonable man. ORA has bigger targets, namely: the other ORA stables.
We did file a trademark and set up an LLC first.
EclecticTastes? A bug to be squashed. Interrupter Jones? He's already a has-been. IGgy IGsen? He's passed out in his office as I stand here, speaking to you.
Are these the kind of people you want leading an ORA stable?
That's an excellent question, Leebo--
You told me to ask it.
--and my answer is this: "no". Without a doubt, without hesitation, "no". ORA is going to crush ORA, and it's going to crush ORA, and it's going to crush ORA.
*sigh*
Now I realize that the "Organization of Rendar Admirers" is a pretty self-serving name. I admit that. I admit that. See, it was just an illusion. A corporate hoax to distract my enemies from my real goal. But now, my friends, people of the LPFWA, I've filed the paperwork. I've crossed my Ts and dotted my Is. It's done.
It's true, I made sure he actually followed through with it.
So without any further ado, I would like to introduce the wrestling world to ORA: Oliver, Rendar & Associates! Expect a hearty rear end-kicking during our office hours, which are 9 to 5 weekdays and 10 to 4 weekends. Though I do want to note that we kick rear end by appointment, please contact Leebo or Guri on the Outrider to book'em.
Oliver was Dash's old lawyer.
(Look, they don't need to know who Oliver is). We are in the business of taking what we want. We are in the business of winning. We are in the business of being the best that the LPFWA has to offer in sports entertainment. And let me tell you, business is good.
He was going to work with us for this whole ORA thing. Dash even got the cards printed out.
(Leebo, buddy, cut it out). I'm a not businessman. I'm a business, man, and my team and I are going to take care of business.
Only problem is Palpatine ran over Oliver with his monster truck. Killed him instantly. Dash didn't want to pay for a new set of cards, so we kept his name.
(Seriously? You're going to do this now?) Welcome to the new era of ORA. *Dash drops his microphone*

The broadcast ends suddenly.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I have felt a great disturbance in The Force™.
*ding!*
Oh! My nachos are done. Excellent.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Rendar, you interrupted my stories. I hope you realize that this means war. Now I'll never know if Debra is Jim's evil twin or not!

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
A while back, I asked:

FredMSloniker posted:

I assume just renting the game wouldn't be enough for me to send you a rough draft?

And I was told it would be enough. Well, it turns out that was a filthy lie. :mad: Because I apparently have to buy a $10 'online pass' to do anything involving sharing CAWs (and no, the seven-day free trial doesn't give you access, at least as far as I can Google). This is especially dumb because, if I could, I'd save the CAW to a USB and send the file to Iggy, so it's not like it'd tax their servers any.

You may gather from this that I'm planning on making a change to my wrassler. You would be correct. We have approximately far too many male wrestlers and, like, four female ones (Joan Cena, DCB, Cutie, and Rara, unless there's one not on the roster page). So since all Walter's done so far is beat Zore and get squashed a few times (plus his 'not talking' gimmick turns out not to work well when the manager doesn't talk intelligibly either), I'mma gonna make a female CAW (once my rental disc shows up and I get the $10) and send it in.

Sorry we didn't get to tag up, Pyroi!

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

FredMSloniker posted:

A while back, I asked:

And I was told it would be enough. Well, it turns out that was a filthy lie. :mad: Because I apparently have to buy a $10 'online pass' to do anything involving sharing CAWs (and no, the seven-day free trial doesn't give you access, at least as far as I can Google). This is especially dumb because, if I could, I'd save the CAW to a USB and send the file to Iggy, so it's not like it'd tax their servers any.

You may gather from this that I'm planning on making a change to my wrassler. You would be correct. We have approximately far too many male wrestlers and, like, four female ones (Joan Cena, DCB, Cutie, and Rara, unless there's one not on the roster page). So since all Walter's done so far is beat Zore and get squashed a few times (plus his 'not talking' gimmick turns out not to work well when the manager doesn't talk intelligibly either), I'mma gonna make a female CAW (once my rental disc shows up and I get the $10) and send it in.

Sorry we didn't get to tag up, Pyroi!

There's also Grim Darkflame and Pvt. Scott, also Cutie is Rara, you're thinking of Aurora. Good to see more female wrestlers, though, hopefully there'll be enough to add a ladies' tag title soon.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

EclecticTastes posted:

There's also Grim Darkflame and Pvt. Scott, also Cutie is Rara, you're thinking of Aurora.

I stand corrected. Six ladies. Though you can see how I was confused that 'Rara' might be a nickname for Aurora instead of Cutie McFlufflepuff. :v:

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

More ladywrestlers is a good thing! We can always use more. Don't let little things like "but I'm not a girl" stop you, they didn't stop me! I for one welcome the addition of FredetteMSloniker.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

More ladywrestlers is a good thing! We can always use more. Don't let little things like "but I'm not a girl" stop you, they didn't stop me! I for one welcome the addition of FredetteMSloniker.

I did, in fact, briefly consider requesting an angle in which Walter considered his difficulties putting on a good appearance on-air, had whoever was translating for him by virtue of holding a one-sided phone conversation with him point out the gals don't have that problem, then having a female version of him just show up at a match. But another reason I'm doing this is that I was feeling a little too attached to the character, and I wouldn't be surprised if I was the one who pestered Iggy most with 'what I want for my character is'. So I'm going to make a character that's less 'me if I were somewhat better looking, much more athletic, and wearing a Waddle Dee costume' and more 'happy fun facemauler' and just relax and enjoy the angles he comes up with.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
[Whistles as I open my locker. A note falls out.]

What the-?

... OH THAT MOTHERFUCKER.

kalonZombie fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Sep 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008