Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Enforka posted:

So what happens to Romo's value with Dez sidelined? Is he still an QB1? Should I be scrambling to make a deal with the Luck owner, even if it leaves me a little thin at RB and I'm probably not going to get anything for Romo in return?

Slight decrease but still definitely a qb1. Apparently he can just check down to his rbs for a cool 150 yards before even starting with the wrs, and Witten is still pretty good at football. Also he is thriving behind that line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Bullshit move of the week: after FA opens drop your kicker for Ahmad Bradshaw, then troll the Gore owner on the outside chance he gets picked up by Indy in the next few days.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Ok, in that full point PPR meatball league I was talking about earlier, I received this trade offer.

I give: Dez Bryant, T.J. Yeldon

I receive: Vincent Jackson, Russell Wilson

Normally, I'd say this is giving up too much to cover an injury, but it's really looking like Dez will be out at least 6-8 weeks and with a foot injury, his transition back may be rocky. I'm not really sure what to expect out of Yeldon, but getting rid of a rookie playing for Jacksonville doesn't seem like a move I'll regret terribly. On the receiving end, VJax has one of the easiest schedules in the league on a team that should be throwing a ton. And Wilson would immediately slot in as my QB over Eli and Bradford. I could probably drop Eli at that point and keep Bradford around in case the Chip Kelly offense explodes.

Am I crazy for considering this trade? My WR's would be Megatron, Davante Adams, T. Williams, Pierre Garcon and VJax, hopefully adding Coleman or Moncrief off the wire. My RB's would be Ellington, Gore, Hyde, and one of Woodhead, Sankey or Sproles off the wire.

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

DeepDickPizza posted:

Ok, in that full point PPR meatball league I was talking about earlier, I received this trade offer.

I give: Dez Bryant, T.J. Yeldon

I receive: Vincent Jackson, Russell Wilson

Normally, I'd say this is giving up too much to cover an injury, but it's really looking like Dez will be out at least 6-8 weeks and with a foot injury, his transition back may be rocky. I'm not really sure what to expect out of Yeldon, but getting rid of a rookie playing for Jacksonville doesn't seem like a move I'll regret terribly. On the receiving end, VJax has one of the easiest schedules in the league on a team that should be throwing a ton. And Wilson would immediately slot in as my QB over Eli and Bradford. I could probably drop Eli at that point and keep Bradford around in case the Chip Kelly offense explodes.

Am I crazy for considering this trade? My WR's would be Megatron, Davante Adams, T. Williams, Pierre Garcon and VJax, hopefully adding Coleman or Moncrief off the wire. My RB's would be Ellington, Gore, Hyde, and one of Woodhead, Sankey or Sproles off the wire.

I think I would rather roll with Bradford then paying anything for Wilson and would V Jax even make your roster?

Maybe try to package Dez and T.Williams together for a WR that you would be using weekly if you want to sell on Dez. Also after Eli's performance last week I'd say he is droppable now. If the QBs on the wavier wire are comparable what's the point in holding onto him. Pick up another one of the guys you are targeting off the wire.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Azhais posted:

I'd drop bridgewater for any of those three. Don't roster 3 QBs.

I'd also drop Gray for CJ

RVProfootballer posted:

Gray was released by the Dolphins, and should be released by you! There's no reason to wait a week, drop him to add Chris Johnson or another QB. Neither Teddy nor Cam are locks to be QB1s this year. You could stream Palmer for this week against the Bears, but he goes through a rough stretch of games after that. Between Cam, Teddy, Smith, and Palmer, you don't really have any clear cut top option, imo. I'd drop one of the two you have and grab Palmer, then reevaluate after this week's games.

Late but thanks for the advice dudes.

I got C Johnson and Palmer and dropped Gray and Bridgewater. My first time playing fantasy and I'm still learning. It's my neighborhood bar's league and this longtime league dude made fun of me for drafting Forte and McCoy in my first two picks.

I was matched up against him last week and I won by 1.8 points with Bridgewater putting me over the top. Man why did I never play fantasy before? I'm interested in the whole league now not just the NFCW and Seahawks rivals.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
FAAB opinions wanted

$100 total budget

I have Delanie walker who currently has an injured hand. Waiver wire looks like this:

Eifert
J. Reed
Seferian-Jenkins

I am bidding $21 of my budget on Eifert. Second in priority is $10 on Reed. Too much for Eifert?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

keldegar posted:

ESPN is like this now. FAAB, then FA after waivers clear.

Wow, new for this year? Last year, it was FAAB every day and it blew.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Full Metal Jackass posted:

I am bidding $21 of my budget on Eifert. Second in priority is $10 on Reed. Too much for Eifert?

I think that's fine. It's obviously a gamble, but he's got a shot at a really good year and like a TE5 finish.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Week 2 Defense options

Colts (vs NY Jets)
Kansas City (vs Broncos)
Saints (vs Tampa Bay)
Titans (@ Cleveland)

Who to go with?

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Colts
http://www.fantasypros.com/2015/09/defense-wins-championships-week-2/

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Goons seem to love Stevie Johnson this year.

In what order should these WR2/3s be targeted on waivers this week?

Stevie > B. Coleman > Moncrief > Quick?

I feel like Foles could be good this year, Quick seemed to be good last year before he got hurt and should be the #1 WR for the Rams so I don't understand why he is so under the radar. Other than Browns/Panthers is there another team where the #1 WR isn't being rostered in a 12-team league?

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!

Parker Lewis posted:

Goons seem to love Stevie Johnson this year.

In what order should these WR2/3s be targeted on waivers this week?

Stevie > B. Coleman > Moncrief > Quick?

I feel like Foles could be good this year, Quick seemed to be good last year before he got hurt and should be the #1 WR for the Rams so I don't understand why he is so under the radar. Other than Browns/Panthers is there another team where the #1 WR isn't being rostered in a 12-team league?

Quick was literally a healthy scratch on Sunday.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

axelord posted:

I think I would rather roll with Bradford then paying anything for Wilson and would V Jax even make your roster?

Maybe try to package Dez and T.Williams together for a WR that you would be using weekly if you want to sell on Dez. Also after Eli's performance last week I'd say he is droppable now. If the QBs on the wavier wire are comparable what's the point in holding onto him. Pick up another one of the guys you are targeting off the wire.

That league has 3 WR spots and a Flex. I suppose if I took that trade, I'd be deciding between Adams, T. Will, Garcon and VJax for three spots every week. But I really have no faith that Dez is going to come back in a timely fashion or be 100% when he does come back. I'd rather unload that headache before the news on his injury keeps getting worse and pushing his return back. And I don't know who's going to want to pay that much for the risk of taking him on. What range return can I reasonably expect? A third rounder? A fourth rounder? I just don't see anyone biting on that.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Kloaked00 posted:

Week 2 Defense options

Colts (vs NY Jets)
Kansas City (vs Broncos)
Saints (vs Tampa Bay)
Titans (@ Cleveland)

Who to go with?

I'm using KC again. I think Peyton is cooked and this might be a disaster for the Broncos on a short week.

Disclaimer: I also thought Tom Brady was done after they got destroyed by KC on MNF last year.

Skull Knight
Aug 2, 2013

Sexy bad choices
Lipstick Apathy
So there are a good number of WW options this week, that I'm trying to figure out if it's worth picking up any for at all.

My team:

On the WW, the following are all available:

WRs
Stevie Johnson
Terrance Williams
Donte Moncrief
Brandon Coleman
Cole Beasley

RBs
Chris Johnson
Dion Lewis
Benjamin Cunningham
Lance Dunbar
Karlos Williams

I'm trying to upgrade my bench, and was thinking of dumping Bush and / or Garcon for WW pickups. If I only get one WR, which should I pick? Goons seem to really be keen on Stevie and Moncrief? Or should I just try to grab one WR and upgrade another RB to say, Chris Johnson?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

coronaball posted:

I'm using KC again. I think Peyton is cooked and this might be a disaster for the Broncos on a short week.

Disclaimer: I also thought Tom Brady was done after they got destroyed by KC on MNF last year.

Thursday games are also traditionally bad for offenses, so I think it' perfectly reasonable to think that the Chiefs can keep old man Peyton down for a whole game and, if nothing else, get a few sacks and a turnover or two while keeping the score down.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

ZIGfried posted:

Quick was literally a healthy scratch on Sunday.

I thought he was a healthy scratch, but it was just to give him another week after his shoulder surgery.

Heisenator
Mar 30, 2010
Looking for advice on who to pick up off the WW.

Team is (0.5 PPR, 2RB/WR, 1 Flex))

Bradford
Leveon bell, Justin forsett, ameer Abdullah, McFadden, arian foster, deangelo Williams
Randall Cobb, mike Evans, deandre Hopkins, stevie/charles Johnson
Martellus Bennett

I was thinking of trying to drop McFadden for Marcus Mariota to tighten up QB. Or pick up another WR, as I am not feeling confident in Mike Evans with how Winston played.

Ultimately I am low on McFadden, charles Johnson possibly, and I will need to replace deangelo Williams next week once bell comes back. If there is another good RB pickup over deangelo now, I could just sub him out for this week.

Any suggestions on who to replace assuming most WW spots are open?

Heisenator fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Sep 16, 2015

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
.5 PPR

I'm holding onto a lot of dudes that probably won't play this week or longer but don't want to drop them: Dez, Mike Evans, Arian Foster.

For WRs I also have Stevie Johnson, Steve Smith Sr. and Sammy Watkins.

For RBs I have Lynch, Gore, TJ Yeldon and Devonta Freeman.

I have both Kelce and ASJ for TEs.

I don't even know what to do right now. ASJ was a homer pick with upside but I don't trust him enough to FLEX and I don't think my league trusts TEs enough to trade, of which there hasn't been one in our history.

Do I drop anyone for the WW flavors? Is Gore done? Is Freeman worth a roster spot? Watkins?

Right now I feel good about Kelce, Stevie and Lynch and the rest are just question marks.

And that's just my money league, I'm in 2 IDP only leagues that are even more nebulous on whether my roster has any redeeming qualities.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Forever_Peace posted:

Bullshit move of the week: after FA opens drop your kicker for Ahmad Bradshaw, then troll the Gore owner on the outside chance he gets picked up by Indy in the next few days.

I thought this was a joke post but then saw that Indy might actually be interested in getting Bradshaw back (why did they release him in the first place?) and yeah, everyone should at the very least put Bradshaw on their watch list or whatever your league's website does to let you keep an eye on players easily. Bradshaw was a top 15 back last year before getting injured, and even if the Colts sign him he'll probably still get plenty of touches because they're stubbornly willing to use a committee at RB. The aforementioned top 15 numbers Bradshaw was putting up (he was a poor man's Le'Veon Bell and averaged something like ~80 total yards and just under a TD for 10 games) was with Trent loving Richardson getting like a dozen carries per game. I've been waiting on news of him getting picked up by a team who needs a backup RB all pre-season.

Also a week-in-advance Buy Low Candidate Special: find the Jeremy Maclin owner in your league and start planning a trade. Maclin had a deceptively quiet game in week 1 with "only" 50 yards, but he looked good out there in KC's offense and was a reviewed-and-overturned drop away from having another 40 yards and a near 100 yard day. This week he plays against the Broncos and will probably be kept in check. If someone in your league spent a 4th or 5th round pick on him and is panicking, it can be a good time to grab him for even cheaper than where he was drafted, which is kind of nuts.

You know, assuming he doesn't just blow up against the Broncos' D this week.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Is it too early to put out an offer for Adrian Peterson? The AP owner was verbally disappointed in him and could certainly make a knee jerk reaction. I was thinking of offering Mark Ingram and some middling receiver like Anquan Boldin, which I understand is probably robbery but would be willing to go as high as Golden Tate/Ingram. Is that too much? My WR's would be AB, Stevie, and Davante Adams but my RBs would be Peterson/Miller.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Is the sky falling on Andre Johnson and Frank Gore? In case I might package them for a better RB or something..

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Hmmmmm...keep KC defense or pick up Cleveland or Indy?

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

DeepDickPizza posted:

That league has 3 WR spots and a Flex. I suppose if I took that trade, I'd be deciding between Adams, T. Will, Garcon and VJax for three spots every week. But I really have no faith that Dez is going to come back in a timely fashion or be 100% when he does come back. I'd rather unload that headache before the news on his injury keeps getting worse and pushing his return back. And I don't know who's going to want to pay that much for the risk of taking him on. What range return can I reasonably expect? A third rounder? A fourth rounder? I just don't see anyone biting on that.

It depends on the teams in your league. You'll need a trade partner that has WR depth and has a 2nd/3rd WR they either don't value or under performed week 1. Maybe Cooks, Evans, Jeffery. You won't know unless you try to shop him around. Maybe VJax and Russel will be your best offer you'll receive. But packaging T Will with Dez can help to make him more attractive. Since your including the WR seen as Dez's "handcuff" as part of the deal.

But you know if your happy with the VJax and Russel offer then take it and sell Dez. I understand wanting to not deal with the head ache.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
The thing that worries me is that apparently the surgery was for a Jones fracture, which are notoriously slow to heal. Jerry Jones said six weeks, but some doctors say 8-12. It's the same injury that ended Kevin Durant's season last year. If he's out 11-12 weeks, there goes the entire fantasy season and will I even be in the playoffs at that point? If I do sneak in, will I have a healthy Dez or a hobbled mess that I wasted a bench spot on all season?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

DeepDickPizza posted:

The thing that worries me is that apparently the surgery was for a Jones fracture, which are notoriously slow to heal. Jerry Jones said six weeks, but some doctors say 8-12. It's the same injury that ended Kevin Durant's season last year. If he's out 11-12 weeks, there goes the entire fantasy season and will I even be in the playoffs at that point? If I do sneak in, will I have a healthy Dez or a hobbled mess that I wasted a bench spot on all season?

I'm in the same boat. I will have Jordan Matthews as my WR1 while he's out but I'm considering trading him; I just can't decide what's a fair value since it's too early to say how long he'll actually be out.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Waiting for waivers to clear on Yahoo~

Chris Johnson, Moncrief, or Jones?

0ppr
WR: Cobb/Maclin/Tate, Boldin/Bryant/Williams/Parker
RB: Lacy/Morris/Gio/Blount

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

DeepDickPizza posted:

The average return time is 8-9 wks, with the earliest ever return being 6wks which was Marvin Jones I think who aggravated his injury. I don't know if Dez is going to come back and be Dez or if this is a season ending injury.

At this point Dez is only a flier, but still has name value. Maybe see who you end up with from waviers and then make the decision.

But if you feel that this is a season ending injury then sell for what you can get. Honestly man I'd rather make the wrong decision but it be my decision then listen to someone else and regret it later.

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

365 Nog Hogger posted:

Waiting for waivers to clear on Yahoo~

Chris Johnson, Moncrief, or Jones?

0ppr
WR: Cobb/Maclin/Tate, Boldin/Bryant/Williams/Parker
RB: Lacy/Morris/Gio/Blount

Waviers haven't cleared but all unclaimed players are available to pick up now.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

axelord posted:

At this point Dez is only a flier, but still has name value. Maybe see who you end up with from waviers and then make the decision.
This is basically my plan right now. The offer is out there for me to hit accept on. I worry if I counter that he'll gently caress it all up and the original offer will be lost. I also worry that more news will come out over the next few days that will tank Dez's trade value further. Suppose I'll decide in the morning.

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
Does AD have a clear cut handcuff? I was thinking McKinnon would have solidified the #2 spot in his 2nd year, but after Monday's game it looks like if Peterson goes down it'll be another McKinnon/Asiata RBBC with neither being more than a flex play most weeks. As an AD owner in a league with short benches, is it even worth holding onto McKinnon as a handcuff?

Sleazy P
Aug 31, 2006
Giving aids back to the monkeys.
Is Austin safari jenkem worth dropping Dwayne Allen for? It'd be an fa add, not waiver

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Splinter posted:

Does AD have a clear cut handcuff? I was thinking McKinnon would have solidified the #2 spot in his 2nd year, but after Monday's game it looks like if Peterson goes down it'll be another McKinnon/Asiata RBBC with neither being more than a flex play most weeks. As an AD owner in a league with short benches, is it even worth holding onto McKinnon as a handcuff?

I wouldn't unless you are currently wasting a bench space on something like a backup IDP. I don't really believe in rostering handcuffs (although this is almost entirely due to my league(s) being waiver-less and you can pick up anyone whenever you want) especially if you have a short bench.

If you want to add one of them, I'd go with McKinnon but it's impossible to say right now how he will be used in the event that Peterson misses any time. His usefulness/startability will depend entirely on whether they give Asiata all the easy TD carries like they've done in the past.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
I'm new to fantasy football, but I noticed that someone in my league dropped Mike Evans, and he's owned in 99% of leagues. Should I immediately waiver wire claim him?

EDIT: I know he's hurt but I don't know if he's done for the season or why this person did this.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Should I drop Deangelo Williams for Lance Dunbar in PPR. Deangelo only has 1 more week of being anything but he has 1 more week of being anything

JosefStalinator posted:

I'm new to fantasy football, but I noticed that someone in my league dropped Mike Evans, and he's owned in 99% of leagues. Should I immediately waiver wire claim him?

EDIT: I know he's hurt but I don't know if he's done for the season or why this person did this.

Absolutely

e: Trade gloat time: just accepted a trade that sends Kendall Wright and Giovanni Bernard for Morris

poly and open-minded fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Sep 16, 2015

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

89 posted:

Is the sky falling on Andre Johnson and Frank Gore? In case I might package them for a better RB or something..

I dropped Andre for Coleman I'm my 0 PPR league. Not saying it was a good idea, but I did it.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Arctic Baldwin posted:

Should I drop Deangelo Williams for Lance Dunbar in PPR. Deangelo only has 1 more week of being anything but he has 1 more week of being anything

Absolutely

e: Trade gloat time: just accepted a trade that sends Kendall Wright and Giovanni Bernard for Morris

I'm waiver 4 so I have to hope the three guys above me don't see it...

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Yeah that is 100% someone who doesn't know what they're doing just dropping a player because he's injured. Mike Evans is a potential top 10 WR.

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

Finally, a good reason to punch a teenager in the face!
C.J. Spiller is currently sitting on waivers and I'm thinking about picking him up.

Would it be a good idea to drop T.J. Yeldon or Davante Adams to do so?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VDay posted:

Yeah that is 100% someone who doesn't know what they're doing just dropping a player because he's injured. Mike Evans is a potential top 10 WR.

If I get Evans I will credit whichever posted ranted about not throwing away your waiver position. If I don't I will be very sad.

• Locked thread