Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Nipponophile posted:

The only thing to understand is that most of these people do not actually want challenging combat versus other real players. What they want is the ability to be a complete dick to people with no real consequences.
Yeah, fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishious
Jan 9, 2008

Verranicus posted:

Every opinion this poster has is bad. Like, I want to believe he's trolling, but.. just look at his post history.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/261664-More-Horizontal-Progression-please?p=3317972&viewfull=1#post3317972

Probably because he is a pedophile

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I just had the best Alex PF party I've ever been in. We started off in A1 and nearly finished it before the first jump, and we kept going all the way to A3. All DPS was 1000+ and 800 each for the tanks. And all good people too, very friendly and talkative. I ended up friending most of them afterwards. Really wasn't expecting that out of PF.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

EponymousMrYar posted:

Literally the only time I had fun with it was back in my WoW days where I jumped in the mid-level battleground queue a bunch of times and found that there was a relatively stable pool of regulars who did the same (on both sides.) We all got to know each other gradually and it was fun playing with friends against familiar foes.

Random acts of pvp sound funner than they usually are. 'Alright this dude helped me kill a dragon time to gank him!' 'huh, he didn't die. And is now teabagging my corpse.'

Yeah like, I had some pretty funny stories of world pvp in WoW but mostly it was frustrating and boring and caused me to stop playing when I was sick of not being able to do anything because I just wanted to do my quests and not deal with being ganked over and over and calling in guildies and oh god

That time I was levelling in some area near the Blasted Lands gate and ganked someone so they called in their max level DK friend who I then got to chase me up into the town, into a keep (wherein I had memorized The Keep Layout that's Tanaka-pasted all over that goddamned game) where I lost the DK, then ran back to the person I ganked and ganked them again was pretty great. That said, it wasn't as great as the entire original run of Labyrinth of the Ancients. #bonezone

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
World PvP in TERA (which was a fun game if you pretended Elin and everything to do with them didn't exist) mostly boiled down to max level players hanging out in newbie zones hunting them down for shits and giggles.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
You just described all world PvP.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

World PvP in TERA (which was a fun game if you pretended Elin and everything to do with them didn't exist) mostly boiled down to max level players hanging out in newbie zones hunting them down for shits and giggles.

World PvP in Tera owned especially back when vanarchs could turn off PvP and we did so in Lumbertown.

Also Elin are great. what are you talking about. Second best race in that game (best is obviously femani)

Chyea
Aug 15, 2011
Hello. Team Updog from Elysium is looking for a WAR/DRK for A1S-A4S weekly clears and random other terrible content. Applicants should be extremely competent with their roles and have the ability to communicate effectively. Having a geared alt is a huge bonus. Scheduled hours are Tuesday 5 PM - 8 PM Pacific. Interested individuals should apply at http://elysiumffxiv.com/ under "Team Updog".

Group Achievements:
World First A4S
World First A3S
World First A2S
World Second A1S
World Second T13
World First T12
World Second T11
World Second T10
World Second 4/4 Savage SCoB

brennon
Sep 15, 2004

KaneTW posted:

Also Elin are great. what are you talking about. Second best race in that game (best is obviously femani)

Wrong.

Elin only exist to fill out an FBI watch-list.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Sorry, if you can't appreciate a cute foxgirl hitting things with a weapon 3 times her size your opinion is garbo.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

If the Elin were just a cutesy anime girl race and that was it I don't think anyone would care.

But then they run around in lingerie and it's creepy and disturbing for everyone involved.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Dunno, some of the lewder outfits are still pretty cute. Devilicious is probably the best outfit in Tera period.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Sorry to distract from Elinchat, but has there been any new info on 3.1? Either when it's coming, or ideally what changes it will actually bring?

I mean I doubt it will 'fix' what I want, but I've all but quit after the expansion as I feel that it made every dps job too complex for me to enjoy, so I'm kind of holding on 3.1 for I guess any changes. So has there been any noise on that front?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

KaneTW posted:

Dunno, some of the lewder outfits are still pretty cute. Devilicious is probably the best outfit in Tera period.

Yikes.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Eimi posted:

Sorry to distract from Elinchat, but has there been any new info on 3.1? Either when it's coming, or ideally what changes it will actually bring?

I mean I doubt it will 'fix' what I want, but I've all but quit after the expansion as I feel that it made every dps job too complex for me to enjoy, so I'm kind of holding on 3.1 for I guess any changes. So has there been any noise on that front?

they're supposed to talk about 3.1 at tokyo game show soon, but they're probably never gonna make any dps classes simpler than they already are. if you want something simple, play monk because its basic rotation didn't change at all in 3.0, it just got a couple more off globals and a button you can press when bosses go invincible, which is all the time

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Velthice posted:

they're supposed to talk about 3.1 at tokyo game show soon, but they're probably never gonna make any dps classes simpler than they already are. if you want something simple, play monk because its basic rotation didn't change at all in 3.0, it just got a couple more off globals and a button you can press when bosses go invincible, which is all the time

Sadly what I was expecting. And I tried to swap from BLM to MNK, but MNK didn't scratch that itch that 2.0 BLM did. About what I was expecting, I suppose, thanks.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

KaneTW posted:

Ah. KaneTW, extremely smug FFXIV poster, outs himself.

Shocking.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Brannock posted:

Ah. KaneTW, extremely smug FFXIV poster, outs himself.

Shocking.

There's no outing. I don't hide what I like, never did.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

KaneTW posted:

:aatrek:

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

KaneTW posted:

There's no outing. I don't hide what I like, never did.

literally a pedophile

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I don't see what the fuss is about

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

ArtIsResistance posted:

literally a pedophile

What? No. Elin aren't even close to how children look, jesus christ.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Tell us exactly how you think children look, KaneTW.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

KaneTW posted:

What? No. Elin aren't even close to how children look, jesus christ.

Uh huh.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Except, you know, their proportions are completely surreal. I don't think you can find a real person with that thigh to rest-of-body ratio.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

KaneTW posted:

Except, you know, their proportions are completely surreal. I don't think you can find a real person with that thigh to rest-of-body ratio.

How quickly do they make your heart beat? How turgidly does your blood flow? How aroused do they to incite you to insinuate that another person completely loving sucks at Final Fantasy Fourteen?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

KaneTW posted:

Just stop.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

KaneTW posted:

It's okay guys, they're ANIME children

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Mentally they're adults, and as above they don't look like children. Not sure where you get that children part from.

Griz
May 21, 2001

Boten Anna posted:

That said, it wasn't as great as the entire original run of Labyrinth of the Ancients. #bonezone

have you run LotA lately? it gets worse every time I do it for the weekly, every run these days has people betting in /a on how many wipes to dragon/KB/that last boss because there's almost always at least one on each of those.

last run had a warrior with a shitload of HP eating ancient flare for fun and getting yelled at by a bunch of people even though he still had like 3k and never actually died.

Griz fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Sep 16, 2015

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
lol unironically using the "actually 1000 years old" defense. Nice.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

:yikes:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

This, but unironically. Unless you're projecting, I don't see why you should care about anime pixels.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Truga posted:

This, but unironically. Unless you're projecting, I don't see why you should care about anime pixels.

Yup, literally the reason goons explode at me whenever I post about things like that.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
lets talk about world pvp again

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan

KaneTW posted:

Mentally they're adults, and as above they don't look like children. Not sure where you get that children part from.

I find it funny because of how this place acts. Can't really post about something you like on these forums because other users grow obsessively worried about being associated with something that another user likes, even if they don't even interact with you outside of this thread.

I pretty much enjoy all the reaction posts over someone being open and honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

KaneTW posted:

Yup, literally the reason goons explode at me whenever I post about things like that.

Yuuuuuuup. The only reason. The solitary reason.

• Locked thread