Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

Finally, a good reason to punch a teenager in the face!

JosefStalinator posted:

If I get Evans I will credit whichever posted ranted about not throwing away your waiver position. If I don't I will be very sad.

The best part of fantasy football is capitalizing on the stupidity of others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

JosefStalinator posted:

If I get Evans I will credit whichever posted ranted about not throwing away your waiver position. If I don't I will be very sad.

You welcome* :)

*sorry when Evans ends up way underperforming and the guy who dropped him ends up being Nostradamus

\/\/ Stevie

VDay fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Sep 16, 2015

mang
Jul 21, 2015
Stevie Johnson or moncrief off waivers this week?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

VDay posted:

I thought this was a joke post but then saw that Indy might actually be interested in getting Bradshaw back (why did they release him in the first place?) and yeah, everyone should at the very least put Bradshaw on their watch list or whatever your league's website does to let you keep an eye on players easily. Bradshaw was a top 15 back last year before getting injured, and even if the Colts sign him he'll probably still get plenty of touches because they're stubbornly willing to use a committee at RB. The aforementioned top 15 numbers Bradshaw was putting up (he was a poor man's Le'Veon Bell and averaged something like ~80 total yards and just under a TD for 10 games) was with Trent loving Richardson getting like a dozen carries per game. I've been waiting on news of him getting picked up by a team who needs a backup RB all pre-season.

That's what make's it a "bullshit move". It really shouldn't work, but maybe 1 time out of 20 it does, and when it does, it's amazing.

It's the fantasy equivalent of saying to your buddies "yo watch this" then sinking a no-look over-the-shoulder three pointer. The overwhelming majority of the time you look like an idiot, but if it hits, it's magical.

edit ^^ Stevie

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

mang posted:

Stevie Johnson or moncrief off waivers this week?

Either is a decent option, but Moncrief is probably a gamble at this point given that the Colts are still unsure about Hilton. Stevie has a better chance to play, but expect him to get targets vultured from Keenan Allen and Malcom Floyd.

Either way, you're probably going to get about the same odds of one of them getting lucky and finding the end zone next week.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Do you like Reed this week against a weirdly decent STL TE defense?

Edit: i posted this right as my plane was talking off and wasn't able to get the details in. I'll do it now!

Alternatives include Ertz, Allen and Green

.5ppr

Tree Dude fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Sep 16, 2015

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead
Holy gently caress, the 12-man I'm in has the worst waiver system setup. It resets every week by place, which sucks on its own. But, the icing on this poo poo cake is, say you're dead last and put in claims for 5 guys? You're getting all 5!

What Yahoo settings do I have to tell this commissioner to change? Because Jesus Christ, that's loving retarded.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
I'm sitting pretty well after week 1 but now that waivers have cleared I'm looking to vulture what's left to shore up my bench.

I'm looking to swap back up QB's from Bridgewater to Alex Smith since the Vikings offense looks like a dumpster fire and KC looks like it's actually going to air it out this year.

Worth it or just let out ride?

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

ManMythLegend posted:

I'm sitting pretty well after week 1 but now that waivers have cleared I'm looking to vulture what's left to shore up my bench.

I'm looking to swap back up QB's from Bridgewater to Alex Smith since the Vikings offense looks like a dumpster fire and KC looks like it's actually going to air it out this year.

Alex Smith is and probably always will be a serviceable backup for your fantasy team no matter where he's at.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
who is the better play at TE and Flex:

Rudolph or Sefarian Jenkins

Sankey or Stevie Johnson

David Johnson or Duke Johnson

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Rick Grimes posted:

Holy gently caress, the 12-man I'm in has the worst waiver system setup. It resets every week by place, which sucks on its own. But, the icing on this poo poo cake is, say you're dead last and put in claims for 5 guys? You're getting all 5!

What Yahoo settings do I have to tell this commissioner to change? Because Jesus Christ, that's loving retarded.

That sounds pretty terrible; my 12-man does the same reverse-win-percentage ranking but has a 4-round claim system where the worst team gets to pick one player first in each round but at least everyone else gets a chance to go in order after that.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

TommyGun85 posted:

Sankey or Stevie Johnson

i made the week 2 sit/start thread because i, too, have questions

(i'd say Sefarian + Sankey)

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

ManMythLegend posted:

I'd do that but I'm super high on the Chiefs offense after just 1 game, so keep that in mind. I think Smith has a way higher floor now than he's ever had with Maclin and Kelce giving him an almost legit passing game while Charles will keep defenses honest. For a backup QB, high floor and low chance of mistakes is exactly what you want.

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

TommyGun85 posted:

Sankey or Stevie Johnson

ASJ, Sankey, David J.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

VDay posted:

Thursday games are also traditionally bad for offenses, so I think it' perfectly reasonable to think that the Chiefs can keep old man Peyton down for a whole game and, if nothing else, get a few sacks and a turnover or two while keeping the score down.

As a little addition to this, Thursday games are bad for offenses because lovely teams often get or are involved in Thursday games, unless it's the first game of the year or Thanksgiving, because it's like a national television consolation prize. Premiere teams get Sunday Night and Monday games for their national games. The short week only makes it worse. Still, your receiver on a lovely team won't normally be much worse on a Thursday than normal, and your player on a good team may be even better due to playing a lovely team, even with less practice.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
/\/\ Yeah that's true. DSYS still applies.

I'd go ASJ, Sankey, and Duke.

David Johnson is a decent stash, but people are getting awfully excited about a rookie who had a catch in the last game and who's sharing time with the guy who the coach called the lead dog while both of them wait for the actual starter to return in like a week. Duke at least out-rushed his RBBC partner while getting just a few less carries.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Is Tampa Bay like Fort Knox with injury information? Can't find anything past Sunday on Mike Evans, except that he is listed as doubtful again on Yahoo. I would be upset if I didn't get him for Crow straight up in full PPR, but maybe the guy who offered the trade outsmarted me.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

It's Wednesday. They wont tell us anything till Sunday

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

How do people feel about Devonta Freeman? Someone dropped him. According to FantasyPros ROS rankings I should consider dropping CJ2K, Crowell, Duke Johnson, or Hillman for him (I don't have CJA). I'm thinking he might be a better flyer than the Duke. Agree/disagree?

Also would you rather have Crowell or Ryan Mathews?

SurgicalOntologist fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Sep 16, 2015

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

SurgicalOntologist posted:

How do people feel about Devonta Freeman? Someone dropped him. According to FantasyPros ROS rankings I should consider dropping CJ2K, Crowell, Duke Johnson, or Hillman for him (I don't have CJA). I'm thinking he might be a better flyer than the Duke. Agree/disagree?

Disagree. Coleman looked good his first game, Freeman managed 19 yards on 10 carries. Freeman will be a passing down/change of pace at best, whereas Duke (7 carries for 22 yards) can threaten to take over from Crowell (12 carries for 20). I probably wouldn't drop any of them for Freeman, but if you insist, I'd say CJ. Doesn't sound like Ellington is going to miss much time (yet), and even if CJ is the lead back and holds off David Johnson, how useful is he really going to be?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Coleman is the guy to own there, he looked good.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Also would you rather have Crowell or Ryan Mathews?

Going into the season, I thought Freeman would be 1a to Coleman's 1b...but after Freeman's hamstring issues in the preseason and Coleman having a solid preseason game 4 and regular season game 1...Coleman looks like he is going to be the guy.

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

Is there any real reason to keep Victor Cruz on a roster for a 10-team league? I picked him up without remembering that he's the WR3 in New York behind OBJ and Randle.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Nahh I'd grab another lottery ticket. The chances of him making a fantasy impact are not too high.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
holy poo poo, someone dropped Dez Bryant in one of my leagues. Hopefully no one else notices since I'm 10th waiver priority...

Reggie Died
Mar 24, 2004
I'm in a 12man team with a short bench (which is housing Bell for another week), so I'm not in a position to be carrying two TE's.

Should I wait for some clarity on the Walker injury, or should I drop him for one of the following: Reed, Allen, Cook, Ebron, Fells or Green.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

dxt posted:

holy poo poo, someone dropped Dez Bryant in one of my leagues. Hopefully no one else notices since I'm 10th waiver priority...

Same here. It's a long shot, but I like my depth enough to burn a bench spot on him for 6-12 weeks :D

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
No one went for waivers this week in my league, so I picked up James Jones, Danny Woodhead and Stevie Johnson. Fun stuff.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'm very close to dropping Dez myself. I won't because I'm not stupid, but my team is terrible now that Dez is out and it upsets me.

I need help.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Sep 16, 2015

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Hello, I'm the guy who might start Tyrod Taylor this week

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm very close to dropping Dez myself. I won't because I'm not stupid, but my team is terrible now that Dez is out and it upsets me.

I need help.

Scoring?

If at least half-ppr or non-return yard league, start with Lockett for Beasley, send out trade feelers exchanging Dez for any of the trade targets I listed Monday (VDay's Maclin observation is also a good one), and double-check the Eifert is gone from waivers.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What's a good buy low offer for Dez? What tier guys are we talking?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

RCarr posted:

Don't buy Dez right now. If he's a target, wait a few weeks so you can hold lotto tickets with they hold Dez and get increasingly desperate if they lose.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I offered James Jones/Andre Johnson and a pick swap (12th round for 20th round; keeper league). I'd say a low-end WR2 or WR3-with-WR2-upside is a pretty fair offer to start at least.

Forever_Peace posted:

Don't buy Dez right now. If he's a target, wait a few weeks so you can hold lotto tickets with they hold Dez and get increasingly desperate if they lose.

Also this. I'm in a league where I can start 3WR/2RB/Flex and I have: Cobb, Landry, A. Johnson, S. Johnson, Tate, Jones and Charles, Hill, Anderson, so I'm in the position where I can take a risk on Dez now.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Forever_Peace posted:

Scoring?

If at least half-ppr or non-return yard league, start with Lockett for Beasley, send out trade feelers exchanging Dez for any of the trade targets I listed Monday (VDay's Maclin observation is also a good one), and double-check the Eifert is gone from waivers.

Thanks, I doubt I'll be able to move Dez, pretty much everyone in my league thinks he's done for 12 weeks, but I will keep plugging away. I like the Maclin target. The owner has Martavis and Gates though so selling him another player with the big O might be tough.

Eifert was drafted by one of the better players in the league.

drat I spent 45/1000 of my waiver bucks on Lockett, lol.

Edit: There's an owner who has DAdams (also Landry but I think he's high on Landry) and LMurray, was thinking Dez/RB (Morris or Lamar) might work. Too much, too little?

Edit2: it .5ppr no return yards

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Sep 16, 2015

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Some rando in my one yearly public Yahoo league dropped Peyton Manning and I'm kinda salty cause I have the bottom waiver option. But complete idiocy is why I sign up for these things, I guess.

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Ok guys, the guy I'm playing this week has been pestering me with trade talks:

I have D. Thomas, he has Megatron

He wants to straight up trade both of them, plus other players (he mentioned wanting A. Boldin and/or Kaepernick from me as well)

Here are our rosters:

Am I wrong in not thinking this is worth it. Plus I'm not sure if there's anyone he has that jumps at me, but I'm sure you guys know better

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

RCarr posted:

Teams who took Dez in the first round are hosed. I'd wait till they're 0-3 or 1-2 and offer them a Steve Smith caliber player. I think it's likely Dez struggles to return in six weeks though. Didn't Marvin Jones try the same thing and end up out a year?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Full ppr:
I give Romo/Bernard
I get Andre Johnson/Gore

I have Tannehill. My WRs are Julio, Matthews, VJAX and my RBs are L.Murray, Randle, Gio, and David Johnson. I think I say no here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
^^ Eh, pre-draft I would have liked that deal, but I don't like what I'm hearing about AJ/Gore after Week 1. They're sounding mighty old.

Probably overreacting, and need to be set straight, but...

On a scale of 1 to batshit, how crazy would it be to sit CJ Anderson this week for one of Bishop Sankey, Pierre Garcon, Brandon Coleman, or David Johnson?

It feels pretty batshit, but I'm also starting Peyton and I'm a little terrified about the Broncos right now and starting them both on Thursday night against a solid KC defense.

(This is the dumb league with 0.125 per rushing yard and rushing first down bonuses, so I'd likely start Sankey @ Cleveland. For reference, Sankey outscored CJA 28.3 to 8.53 last week)

Gobias Ind. fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Sep 16, 2015

• Locked thread