Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

I cannot wait for this. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Ever since Godai blatantly enjoyed some McDonalds, I've been on the lookout for product placement.

I wasn't expecting gunpla. :allears:

Now just what the hell was the guy who posed this thinking, that's not how the V2's minovsky drives are supposed to jut out. :colbert:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

NotALizardman posted:

Ghost please be good!!!

New thread title?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
I found some more transformation sounds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lemtQG0Bbdk

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Pyroi posted:

I found some more transformation sounds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lemtQG0Bbdk

NotALizardman posted:

Ghost please be good!!!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
New Drive up. RIP Banno in the most cathartic scene for Gou. Also RIP Medic in a scene that seems like it should've been written with Heart and not Tomari

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
In the new Drive, Sigma is some SNK boss fight tier bullshit.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Xelkelvos posted:

New Drive up. RIP Banno in the most cathartic scene for Gou. Also RIP Medic in a scene that seems like it should've been written with Heart and not Tomari

That seemed weird to me too, best way I can have it make sense is Medic has full faith in Heart's abilities, whereas she doesn't have full faith in Tomari's abilities. So she figures Tomari needs help to make him stronger, whereas Heart is already the strongest.

That, or she figured her death would make Heart flip out so by healing Tomari she'd make them both stronger at once, whereas helping Heart wouldn't do much for Tomari, still leaving them at a disadvantage.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I liked the scene where Banno begged for his life like the sniveling worm he was

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

That seemed weird to me too, best way I can have it make sense is Medic has full faith in Heart's abilities, whereas she doesn't have full faith in Tomari's abilities. So she figures Tomari needs help to make him stronger, whereas Heart is already the strongest.

That, or she figured her death would make Heart flip out so by healing Tomari she'd make them both stronger at once, whereas helping Heart wouldn't do much for Tomari, still leaving them at a disadvantage.

Best way I can make sense of it is that it was originally written for Heart, but they wanted Tomari to have more screen time that episode :iiam:

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Shin, ZO, J, and Masked Rider SD (!) are getting a Bluray release.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

She said she understood how Brain felt in the end. Brain was talking about how Mr. Heart always cared about her more than him, but he'd still gladly sacrifice himself to protect what he loved.

Clearly Mr. Heart loves Shinnouske the most. So much so he wants to die punching each other. His emotion is The Joy of the Battlefield after all.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

The screencap for today's episode also very neatly sums up my feelings on Drive.

Unless the last episode (or two? I forget) is a complete and utter fumble, I think we can pretty safely say that Drive is a Good KR. Not the best, but definitely Good.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Maybe finally someone will appreciate poor Shin.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Maybe finally someone will appreciate poor Shin.

Shin really needs a sequel of sorts, even if it's an indirect one like Heisei Vs Showa was to ZX. The movie seemed like it was setting up for one but it never materialized, and since then Shin has received absolutely no focus at all, most of the time he just shows up with the other Riders and doesn't say a word (hell, he's barely ever shown actually fighting either).

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also, the ZO DVD better come with a copy of the Sega CD FMV game. It was the first piece of Kamen Rider media that had an official release in the States, preceding Masked Rider by two years!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Larryb posted:

Shin really needs a sequel of sorts, even if it's an indirect one like Heisei Vs Showa was to ZX. The movie seemed like it was setting up for one but it never materialized, and since then Shin has received absolutely no focus at all, most of the time he just shows up with the other Riders and doesn't say a word (hell, he's barely ever shown actually fighting either).

A lot of that comes from what kind of suit he has, how hard it'd be to remake it properly today, and the way he fought.

Shin was a monster with a 'realistic grass hopper man' design to match, and fought like Amazon used to but without silly string and foam.

I'm not sure why, it may only be because they're not the focus and thus not a lot of budget is put into them, but the more elaborate suits from the past aren't made as well when they do get remade.

Two notable examples ARE Shin himself and the Rhino Mutant that showed up in Decade, which was much worse looking than the original costume.

I don't remember Doras looking as good as his original suit either but I could be mistaken on that. A lot of Black's villains, and villains from Shin, J and ZO, were actually fairly ambitious, and I kinda wish we could see more like them.

Mind you for Black, they often had ABSOLUTELY GOD AWFUL suits that served as kind of filler when more important things were going to happen, so you know. God drat that black cat mutant was terrible

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Poison Mushroom posted:

The screencap for today's episode also very neatly sums up my feelings on Drive.

Unless the last episode (or two? I forget) is a complete and utter fumble, I think we can pretty safely say that Drive is a Good KR. Not the best, but definitely Good.

It'd have to fumble really hard to make it not good and the preview looks like things are gonna wrap up well.

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

Xelkelvos posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYZfNZbn0SU

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
I hope there was a point to Gou giving Kiriko the Dead Heat signal bike/shift car other than having her be digitized in a stairwell.

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat

Burkion posted:

A lot of that comes from what kind of suit he has, how hard it'd be to remake it properly today, and the way he fought.

Shin was a monster with a 'realistic grass hopper man' design to match, and fought like Amazon used to but without silly string and foam.

I'm not sure why, it may only be because they're not the focus and thus not a lot of budget is put into them, but the more elaborate suits from the past aren't made as well when they do get remade.

Two notable examples ARE Shin himself and the Rhino Mutant that showed up in Decade, which was much worse looking than the original costume.

I don't remember Doras looking as good as his original suit either but I could be mistaken on that. A lot of Black's villains, and villains from Shin, J and ZO, were actually fairly ambitious, and I kinda wish we could see more like them.

Mind you for Black, they often had ABSOLUTELY GOD AWFUL suits that served as kind of filler when more important things were going to happen, so you know. God drat that black cat mutant was terrible

Was the Rhino Mutant costume in Decade new? I was thinking they just dug it out yet again (like they did for Kamen Rider World) and patched it up with several rolls of duct tape.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

FortMax posted:

Was the Rhino Mutant costume in Decade new? I was thinking they just dug it out yet again (like they did for Kamen Rider World) and patched it up with several rolls of duct tape.

I can't imagine the thing would have survived that long. That was a decade later, compared to only a few years. Considering how badly it degraded by the time of World...

Maybe the animatronics survived, as those would have to be straight up junked, but it would have needed totally new...everything else. If it is the same one, holy poo poo it looks better than it has any right to.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Waffleman_ posted:

Also, the ZO DVD better come with a copy of the Sega CD FMV game. It was the first piece of Kamen Rider media that had an official release in the States, preceding Masked Rider by two years!

V3 had an official release in Hawaii.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Cliff Racer posted:

V3 had an official release in Hawaii.

You can still get the DVDs too, last time I checked (for an exorbitant price!!)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

gently caress, I forgot.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Stallion Cabana posted:

I liked the scene where Banno begged for his life like the sniveling worm he was

Yeah, that was a great scene.

V-Men posted:

I hope there was a point to Gou giving Kiriko the Dead Heat signal bike/shift car other than having her be digitized in a stairwell.

I was thinking "come on dude give her the belt too!"

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

Yeah, that was a great scene.

I was thinking "come on dude give her the belt too!"

The belt looked busted as gently caress. Especially given how it kind of fried itself after that output.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Holy poo poo, I really hope Ghost's theme song is a hip-hop song :allears:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Cernunnos posted:

It'd have to fumble really hard to make it not good and the preview looks like things are gonna wrap up well.
It's just the last episode of Kyoryuger again.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's my birthday, and I can think of worse excuses to post Cake Boss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ9isuDjuPg

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

It's my birthday, and I can think of worse excuses to post Cake Boss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ9isuDjuPg

Is there a bad excuse to post Cake Boss?

The answer is no.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! WAFFLEMAN_!!!

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
So episode 13 of Dekaranger (the Dekamaster introduction episode) is fantastic, and has one of the better sequences I've seen in sentai. There have been some down episodes so far (I couldn't stand the baby episode), but if there are more like this one I'm really looking forward to the 10 years later movie.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
They changed his roll call (for the better) from when they did vs Abaranger.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Darksaber posted:

So episode 13 of Dekaranger (the Dekamaster introduction episode) is fantastic, and has one of the better sequences I've seen in sentai. There have been some down episodes so far (I couldn't stand the baby episode), but if there are more like this one I'm really looking forward to the 10 years later movie.

Dekamaster debut was THE moment that turned me into a life-long toku fan.

poo poo, Doggy. So cool.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MFC has finished subbing Ohranger, meaning that every Sentai making up the "Zordon era" of Power Rangers has now been completed.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Where is my Doggy Kreuger SH Figuarts

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Yeah, we need all the stupid secondary characters, that would be awesome. Signal Man Figuarts :allears:

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
I'd kill for the villains to get some figuarts. Literally kill for a General Schwarz.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

If we get a Krueger Figuarts, I want a Torin one, too.

And while we're wishing for the impossible, how about a Sentai series where the final mech doesn't look like a totem pole orgy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Poison Mushroom posted:

If we get a Krueger Figuarts, I want a Torin one, too.

And while we're wishing for the impossible, how about a Sentai series where the final mech doesn't look like a totem pole orgy.

Wait until we get an astonishingly insensitive Native American themed sentai, where the badguys are evil industrialist cowboys or some poo poo :haw:

• Locked thread