Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fnox
May 19, 2013

NTT posted:

Ezreal buffs :prepop:

he's been in the trashcan for a while, same with Lucian.

I meant a buff for all ADCs, but it's hard to even do that because their itemization collides with a bunch of other champion classes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

NTT posted:

Ezreal buffs :prepop:

Is an extra 80 magic damage in the lategame, that will sometimes hit a minion/monster instead of a champion, which is tied to your escape, really that big of a buff?

E: If Corki's W was given a 0.1 bonus AD value per tick (for a total 0.5), would that be a worthwhile buff?

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

So I've been playing Aram because I really don't want to deal with tools in solo que/teambuilder... and Wicked Hatchet/lightbringer creates an INSANE combo on ashe.

For those who are unaware because they don't play anything except Summoners Rift and don't touch any items beyond those found on the Rift, the Hatchet and Lightbringer share a passive that takes any crit damage you do, and adds a dot to the end that equals 60/90% of your AD over 3 seconds (and reveals the dotted champ). On Ashe this procced... decently often, but not 100% of the time. If I were to guess, I'd say that it's got an internal cooldown of 3 seconds before allowing the next to trigger. On Aram this is even more fun because that particular item also provides stealth detection from a stupid teemo or Shaco or whatever.

GoldenSeraph
Mar 8, 2006
reincarnation time!
So I just took Nocturne top lane against a Fiora one game and Tryndamere the next.

Holy crap is it hilarious to win trades with them with his fear, I even went tanky too

BoRK and FH are pretty good on him against these guys. I'm lovin it

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
nocturne is the best, everyone play him. share in my misery when this year of solid buffs gets taken away

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
man every time they announce a sick new champ all the old ones look boring in comparison

princess mononoke when

e. lamb's voice is so loving cool man..

Lovechop fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Sep 16, 2015

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

kingcobweb posted:

The linked blog. I wrote a book-length collection of essays (24 * ~3000 words) reviewing every Magic block. I funded it through Patreon

I will give you $5 to write about my dumb commander deck

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014

Gibberish posted:

brb becoming malphite main

First thought that popped into my mind was a Pirate Warjack from Warmachine.

Does Warden Karma turn into a demon when empowering herself with R? Digging the skin.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

curiousCat posted:

I will give you $5 to write about my dumb commander deck

email jesse@killgoldfish.com I willd o it

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
french rammus = best vo??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrn2K4eFl5g

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
I'm playing a bit of top Wukong, and winning all the games but I feel like he is the worst laner in the world.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Tonight while trying to practice Leblanc to see if she is someone I would enjoy as a pocket mid lane pick I made a plat 1 Zed rage quit. Don't ask me any other questions about the game I beat him in lane and then everybody agreed that I was smart and handsome and the game was declared ended at 14 minutes with my team as victorious

We definitely didn't lose a 5v4 basically single handedly to a Gangplank so if you heard that its not true, and me wasting time looking for picks and then barely CSing for poo poo later isn't something that happened, because the game ended when that guy rage quit and anyone who tells you different is a liar

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Killed By Death posted:

Is an extra 80 magic damage in the lategame, that will sometimes hit a minion/monster instead of a champion, which is tied to your escape, really that big of a buff?

E: If Corki's W was given a 0.1 bonus AD value per tick (for a total 0.5), would that be a worthwhile buff?

It has some value in the early game. There will be some all-ins where you use the E for burst, and 40-80 extra damage (depending on pickaxe/manamune/phage status) can matter in that situation. Not like, a lot, but it will.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

Tonight while trying to practice Leblanc to see if she is someone I would enjoy as a pocket mid lane pick I made a plat 1 Zed rage quit. Don't ask me any other questions about the game I beat him in lane and then everybody agreed that I was smart and handsome and the game was declared ended at 14 minutes with my team as victorious

We definitely didn't lose a 5v4 basically single handedly to a Gangplank so if you heard that its not true, and me wasting time looking for picks and then barely CSing for poo poo later isn't something that happened, because the game ended when that guy rage quit and anyone who tells you different is a liar

The unseen barrel... is the deadliest.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

rabidsquid posted:

I had literally the opposite thing happen last night, where I played Gangplank into LeBlanc and fed so badly we lost 5v4

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
I've gained 90 LP and one division since Riven has been disabled. More progress in 2 days that I've made in a whole week.

Take a good loooooooooooong time fixing that bug.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
The worst feeling in low-tier soloqueue is supporting an ADC that can't CS. I had to play with a Quinn last night (...) who literally could not farm. We dominated the lane, getting multiple kills and keeping the other team pushed to tower until it went down.

Then I hit tab and noticed the other ADC is up ~30 cs at fifteen minutes.

Dzurlord
Nov 5, 2011

flyingkiwi posted:

Levelling up an account with an XP boost on and it's still insanely slow

I just hit 17 last night, and I'm still trying to find a good place in my calendar where I can just sit around and nerd out on this game for a long enough stretch of evenings so I can justify an XP boost.

It's not so much the champs - I have most of the ones I want at this point - but the runes, masteries, and the fact that when I play with my friends they're all 30 so I feel like I'm starting behind. It's pretty dumb. (Not to mention that I just want to be able to try the Team Builder queue so I can maybe skip all the bullshit firstpost lanegrabs.)

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Sexpansion posted:

The worst feeling in low-tier soloqueue is supporting an ADC that can't CS. I had to play with a Quinn last night (...) who literally could not farm. We dominated the lane, getting multiple kills and keeping the other team pushed to tower until it went down.

This sucks but once you push down their tower you can focus on getting your other lanes ahead by roaming (unless you're someone super-defensive, but never underestimate those Janna ganks).

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Sexpansion posted:

CS advantage in the duo lane (in solo queue) is just about the most useless metric, unfortunately. One way or another the farm in that lane is going to even out, because if you pick Caitlyn and build a 30 CS advantage and crush their tower and take dragon and back, then come out swinging to take mid tower... your mid laner is going to loving sulk because it's "his lane" and so you can't rotate fast enough, their AD quietly farms bottom and takes your tower while the other team calmly clears 3v4 and you lose all the pressure you built.

There's just not enough coordination in solo queue to punish the other team with that kind of advantage that isn't already added on to a lead in another lane. Except if it's the other team. They always have their poo poo together.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Is anyone else unable to login right now? I'm just getting a hell of a lot of this:

It did manage to get through once and auth me and then threw an "unexpected platform error"

nm just checked reddit shits probably hosed

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

flyingkiwi posted:

I'm playing a bit of top Wukong, and winning all the games but I feel like he is the worst laner in the world.

Yeah like there's no doubt the dude is immensely useful to have in a teamcomp I just dont know what the lanes are like where people are actually getting away with picking him. He has a number of pretty common absolute terror poo poo lanes and not too many he actually wins on paper.

Badfinger posted:

CS advantage in the duo lane (in solo queue) is just about the most useless metric, unfortunately. One way or another the farm in that lane is going to even out, because if you pick Caitlyn and build a 30 CS advantage and crush their tower and take dragon and back, then come out swinging to take mid tower... your mid laner is going to loving sulk because it's "his lane" and so you can't rotate fast enough, their AD quietly farms bottom and takes your tower while the other team calmly clears 3v4 and you lose all the pressure you built.

There's just not enough coordination in solo queue to punish the other team with that kind of advantage that isn't already added on to a lead in another lane. Except if it's the other team. They always have their poo poo together.

This stops happening at some point, not sure when. I've gotten myself stuck in Gold 5 and I have yet to have a mid laner complain when we come up to push his turret for him. Usually they're pretty happy to get the turret because it frees them up to move around the map more. That stuff used to happen ALL THE TIME a season or two ago. People would legit yell at you for ending lane too early.

A Stupid Baby fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Sep 16, 2015

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
One of the hardest things to coordinate in solo queue in my opinion is when you do win bot lane really hard, trying to get your team on board with fast rotation tower crushing and trying to get your ADC on board with "not trying to split push or 1vX like a mad man"

Both of those things are often really hard to coordinate, even if you have a big advantage, and the latter is like the #1 cause of thrown games by the ADC.

I had a game a few weeks ago where I got a Draven 4/0/0 in lane, we crushed the lane, crushed the tower, and then did dragon. Everything was gravy. Then I'm trying to ping out objectives and get people to rotate and he just pushes to bot lane enemy tier 2 5 times consecutively and dies with no one else there, even with several people back pinging him and requesting him to rotate. He died almost on cooldown for the next ten minutes. We lost the game obviously. The few times I went up with him, I back pinged him excessively about the 4 incoming people onto the 2 of us and knew that this was not a fight we could take and he just had to throw axes no matter the odds.

Some people just have to push lane to the end of the loving earth or they aren't playing League of Legends? I have no idea. It's totally :riot:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

A Stupid Baby posted:

Is anyone else unable to login right now? I'm just getting a hell of a lot of this:

It did manage to get through once and auth me and then threw an "unexpected platform error"

nm just checked reddit shits probably hosed

I GOT THE SAME PROBLEM TOO. YAY

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

A Stupid Baby posted:

This stops happening at some point, not sure when. I've gotten myself stuck in Gold 5 and I have yet to have a mid laner complain when we come up to push his turret for him. Usually they're pretty happy to get the turret because it frees them up to move around the map more. That stuff used to happen ALL THE TIME a season or two ago. People would legit yell at you for ending lane too early.

quote:

One of the hardest things to coordinate in solo queue in my opinion is when you do win bot lane really hard, trying to get your team on board with fast rotation tower crushing and trying to get your ADC on board with "not trying to split push or 1vX like a mad man"

Both of those things are often really hard to coordinate, even if you have a big advantage, and the latter is like the #1 cause of thrown games by the ADC.

I actually agree with both of you. I haven't particularly gotten the "What are you doing in MY lane?" in ranked, but I do get it from time to time in Team Builder. It's just funny that you'll get the one man army who dies and then demands that the team "needs to group", or you'll get the person that desperately needs to group and could win the game from there but is just hardwired to sit in the lane they started in. I think the way to win with the fed carry is to just keep killing the other carry, shove that wave in, and pressure the T2 tower super hard, which means as the support it's my job to completely cover that side of the map in wards and somehow intuit when they're just farming a side wave and when they're on a suicide mission.

e: or really, I guess the way to win with a fed carry is to change the game from taking objectives to keeping them alive. Whatever they want to do, babysit they rear end.

Badfinger fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Sep 16, 2015

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
lol, the damage dealt to champions, aahhh

Fizz jungle built warrior and ravenous hydra, Nasus had like 500 stacks and yet somehow did absolutely nothing.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

kingcobweb posted:

I just don't understand how making stuff Not Die fits in with a jungler, whose play pattern inevitably centers around ganking with ult. What does this ult do in a gank other than leading to a high-larious youtube clip of it saving the entire enemy team?

For someone who writes about game design I'm really surprised that you're unhappy with a champion whose ult screams Utility instead of "nuke, with preconditions". This sort of wacky toolbox skill, instead of a champion that's designed to do one thing and one thing only, is why Dota 2 works so well and has been so enduring.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i'm glad their ult is something different with potentially cool gameplay interactions rather than a boring-rear end global skillshot or whatever, we have enough of those already.

the last few champs have all had really interesting, different ults. tahm, bard, azir ect. it's fun and mixes stuff up.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Brannock posted:

For someone who writes about game design I'm really surprised that you're unhappy with a champion whose ult screams Utility instead of "nuke, with preconditions". This sort of wacky toolbox skill, instead of a champion that's designed to do one thing and one thing only, is why Dota 2 works so well and has been so enduring.

Yea, but the Dota developers are fine with a character like invoker, which has all the buttons, and a character like wraith king, who has one button, being in the same game. Plus when ADCs have a teamfight ult, pros will use it and riot will relentlessly nerf it, look at all the sivir nerfs she has eaten and not completely dropped out of pro play.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

what the gently caress

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

My game just patched and now I find myself unable to connect. Anyone else having connection issues?

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Ignite Memories posted:

My game just patched and now I find myself unable to connect. Anyone else having connection issues?

yes riot noticed 45~ min ago and are fixing it

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
If we skip Ekko (always skip Ekko) that's three "pretty loving cool champions" from the League team in a row

maybe this'll be a thing

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Ekko is cool.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Tired Moritz posted:

Ekko is cool.

I thought everyone in the thread thought ekko was the coolest dude to ever be put in this game?

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

Sexpansion posted:

After bumping up to Bronze I 92 LP, I've been on a losing streak and demoted back to Bronze II. (Yes, I'm terrible, we've discussed this before.)

Part of the lovely series of games that got me there involved an ADC Ezreal with 42 CS in 28 minutes.

I'm looking at this guy's history now, here are his K/D/As from his last ten matches:

2/9/10
0/7/9
0/3/5
0/8/2
3/8/6
0/3/2
4/11/11
1/7/6
2/6/4
2/6/1

None of those were in support roles.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

SlyFrog posted:

After bumping up to Bronze I 92 LP, I've been on a losing streak and demoted back to Bronze II. (Yes, I'm terrible, we've discussed this before.)

Part of the lovely series of games that got me there involved an ADC Ezreal with 42 CS in 28 minutes.

I'm looking at this guy's history now, here are his K/D/As from his last ten matches:

2/9/10
0/7/9
0/3/5
0/8/2
3/8/6
0/3/2
4/11/11
1/7/6
2/6/4
2/6/1

None of those were in support roles.

I'm close to where you are (I'm low silver) and it does often seem that there is usually one player in the game who is just horribly on tilt. If I'm mid or jungle I don't care because carrying is much easier for me in those roles, but it hurts when you're the support and the person tilting is your ADC.

lord of the files
Sep 4, 2012

this loving VO of kindred.

i haven't been this excited for a champion since thresh.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Tired Moritz posted:

Ekko is cool.

he's an anime kid tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
anime is cool

anime inspired champs are cool too (bard, kindred)

• Locked thread