Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

FAAB budgets are weird. I saw a suggestion somewhere else for someone to use 75% of theirs on a player in week 1.

I don't think anyone in my league has ever used more than 20% in the first ~half of the season.

It's a weird group psychology thing, like how everyone else keeping backup QBs and TEs gives them less options on their roster, but it makes things much worse for you if yours go down.

Fat Lowtax fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Sep 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Fat Lowtax posted:

FAAB budgets are weird. I saw a suggestion somewhere else for someone to use 75% of theirs on a player in week 1.

I don't think anyone in my league has ever used more than 20% in the first ~half of the season.

A guy in my league used his whole 1000 bucks to scoop up scott chandler.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
.5 PPR

After analyzing my team I'm most down on Sammy Watkins and Devonta Freeman and want to pick up a WR and an RB to replace them. Whoever I pick up stands to be a FLEX or a bye-week fill in.

Would you go Donte Moncrief or Cole Beasley for a replacement WR? I could be talked into standing pat with Watkins, but I think Buffalo is gonna be a run first situation and that Percy Harvin will continue to eat into his targets.

For RB, I don't even know who to grab. Benjamin Cunningham? How long are Gurley and Mason expected to be out for? Chris Johnson? Karlos Williams? A lot of the RBs to pick up seem to have been grabbed already.

I'm also contemplating trying to trade Dez. This is my roster:

This is the roster of the dude I most expect to be willing to trade:

What would you guys try to swing?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Duro posted:

Ok guys, the guy I'm playing this week has been pestering me with trade talks:

I have D. Thomas, he has Megatron

He wants to straight up trade both of them, plus other players (he mentioned wanting A. Boldin and/or Kaepernick from me as well)

Here are our rosters:

Am I wrong in not thinking this is worth it. Plus I'm not sure if there's anyone he has that jumps at me, but I'm sure you guys know better

DT/Boldin/Kaep for Megatron/Forsett/Rams just in case he's panicking about Forsett too (and if he's panicking about Megatron and Peyton, he may be).

If it works, drop DEN for an extra lotto ticket.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
There is a good chance Dez is not going to be fantasy relevant until the playoffs this year. It is a gamble to go for him and stash him (see also: Josh Gordon) and you run the risk of him being a decoy when he comes back.

I think the early "6-8 week" estimates are a bit off, we're probably looking at 12 weeks or so, which makes him back for one or two games and then the playoffs.

Again, best case scenario.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

I like him already. :allears:

quote:

After analyzing my team I'm most down on Sammy Watkins and Devonta Freeman and want to pick up a WR and an RB to replace them. Whoever I pick up stands to be a FLEX or a bye-week fill in.

Freeman for Beasley. Don't drop Watkins. I don't think that guy will want anything reasonable you can offer.

edit: gently caress it, if you want to gamble that he's an idiot, Dez/Lynch for Antonio/Forsett. (note: if he knows what he's doing he will be insulted)

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Am I crazy for streaming the Titans DST this week? The next time Manziel doesn't turn the ball over three times in a game will be the first.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Gobias Ind. posted:

^^ Eh, pre-draft I would have liked that deal, but I don't like what I'm hearing about AJ/Gore after Week 1. They're sounding mighty old.

Probably overreacting, and need to be set straight, but...

On a scale of 1 to batshit, how crazy would it be to sit CJ Anderson this week for one of Bishop Sankey, Pierre Garcon, Brandon Coleman, or David Johnson?

It feels pretty batshit, but I'm also starting Peyton and I'm a little terrified about the Broncos right now and starting them both on Thursday night against a solid KC defense.

(This is the dumb league with 0.125 per rushing yard and rushing first down bonuses, so I'd likely start Sankey @ Cleveland. For reference, Sankey outscored CJA 28.3 to 8.53 last week)

Don't sit CJ Anderson for Bishop loving Sankey lol.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Elotana posted:

Am I crazy for streaming the Titans DST this week? The next time Manziel doesn't turn the ball over three times in a game will be the first.

I'm streaming them too.

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

Finally, a good reason to punch a teenager in the face!

Elotana posted:

This is something I really want to do, actually. But I'm starting the Eagles D, so I'm a bit torn.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

Lol

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I have a W/T and a W/R/T and I'm seriously considering playing two of Stevie/Tate/James Jones over Anderson, but that's because I play in a keeper with 3 divisions of 4 and I'm already playing my 2nd of 5 divisional games this week and I really, really can't afford to start 0-2 and I also have Charles going and if I burn two starting spots on Thursday and only get 1.5 players worth of points from it I'm going to be monumentally pissed off.

e: already starting Cobb/Landry at WRs and Charles/Hill at RBs

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Sep 16, 2015

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Forever_Peace posted:

I like him already. :allears:

I play in dual leagues with friends from high school, ones a redraft and ones a dynasty. Same rules other than the roster differences for each. He used 1000 for Scott Chandler in dynasty and 1000 for Greg the leg in redraft. Has no dollars in either league now.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Cole Beasley is just sitting out there in FA right now and I want to snag him. As the Ingram owner, can I drop Khiry Robinson for Beasley? My WR depth is already really strong but I was looking at moving at leasst one WR in a trade to upgrade my QB (currently Stafford). My other possible drops are Boldin, Cruz, and B. Coleman.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Need an opinion on a trade here, 0 PPR and I'm the Mike Evans owner:

Trade:

My team:

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Dandy Kaiser posted:

I have a W/T and a W/R/T and I'm seriously considering playing two of Stevie/Tate/James Jones over Anderson, but that's because I play in a keeper with 3 divisions of 4 and I'm already playing my 2nd of 5 divisional games this week and I really, really can't afford to start 0-2 and I also have Charles going and if I burn two starting spots on Thursday and only get 1.5 players worth of points from it I'm going to be monumentally pissed off.

On the other hand, you will also be mad if you sit CJA and he performs up to expectations. The classic double-bind of fantasy football.

I don't like to give sit-start advice (outcomes are too random and it makes me look bad), but I would note that it's probable that one of the two thursday teams will be winning near the end of the game, and teams that are winning near the end of the game run the ball. It should theoretically be something of a hedge (excepting a tie, in which case you have a shot at OT that means more points for everybody!).

quote:

I play in dual leagues with friends from high school, ones a redraft and ones a dynasty. Same rules other than the roster differences for each. He used 1000 for Scott Chandler in dynasty and 1000 for Greg the leg in redraft. Has no dollars in either league now.

Man knows what he wants. That is boss as hell.

I too am deep inside the "Scott Chandler and Legatron own zone", but that is just balls deep.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

RisqueBarber posted:

Trade:

My team:

I feel like you should be able to get a better TE or RB in a straight up trade for Evans if you wait a few weeks for him to come back and put up some numbers. It's not like you're hurting. I wouldn't do it

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Sep 16, 2015

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Forever_Peace posted:

I too am deep inside the "Scott Chandler and Legatron own zone", but that is just balls deep.

I ain't hatin on him for going full tilt. The funnier waiver for me was the guy that waivered for the wrong Fells TE, now that was a scrub move. He spent 100 on Daniel, not Darren Fells.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Don't trade Mike Evans for garbage

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Forever_Peace posted:

On the other hand, you will also be mad if you sit CJA and he performs up to expectations. The classic double-bind of fantasy football.

I don't like to give sit-start advice (outcomes are too random and it makes me look bad), but I would note that it's probable that one of the two thursday teams will be winning near the end of the game, and teams that are winning near the end of the game run the ball. It should theoretically be something of a hedge (excepting a tie, in which case you have a shot at OT that means more points for everybody!).

My team is too good :(

I'm kinda feeling like I'm going to be placing myself in the "bench all Denver players who aren't Thomas until they show life" camp. I only have one share each of Anderson and DT across all 6 of my leagues, and the league with Anderson seems like I could cover that move. I'm just trepidatious for the same reasons you've said

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
My starting QB is Brees, Mariota is a free agent. Brees has a week 11 bye, Titans play Jacksonville week 11. Thinking I should stash Mariota for a while, but my bench is currently:

Any of those worth dropping to stash Mariota for 9 weeks?

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

RisqueBarber posted:

...why on earth would you trade a stud WR for two players that probably wouldn't even start on your team?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

MrSargent posted:

Cole Beasley is just sitting out there in FA right now and I want to snag him. As the Ingram owner, can I drop Khiry Robinson for Beasley? My WR depth is already really strong but I was looking at moving at leasst one WR in a trade to upgrade my QB (currently Stafford). My other possible drops are Boldin, Cruz, and B. Coleman.

The move I would personally do here in full ppr is Cruz for Beasley, but I would caution that the fantasypros "expert consensus" hates that move and has Cruz as the WR54 for the rest of the season (Beasley WR66).

My reasoning is that Cruz is literally not even running yet and is coming back from a devastating and often career-ending injury, while Beasley is the sharp-looking slot receiver for Tony Romo that just had a boatload of opportunity open up with Dez out and has been getting rave reviews all preseason for being "uncoverable".

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

Reik posted:

My starting QB is Brees, Mariota is a free agent. Brees has a week 11 bye, Titans play Jacksonville week 11. Thinking I should stash Mariota for a while, but my bench is currently:

If your league isn't PPR then Devonta Freeman is a wasted bench spot

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Elotana posted:

If your league isn't PPR then Devonta Freeman is a wasted bench spot

Half PPR. Still wasted?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

RVProfootballer posted:

Don't sit CJ Anderson for Bishop loving Sankey lol.

I know, I know... :(

I've got Anderson in my two big leagues. I'd love to move him in at least one - I'm concerned.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Fat Lowtax posted:

It's a weird group psychology thing, like how everyone else keeping backup QBs and TEs gives them less options on their roster, but it makes things much worse for you if yours go down.

I just dropped a total of $1018 on Larry Asante, Dont'a Hightower, Gloven Quin, and Phillip Dorsett.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Reik posted:

Don't stash a rookie quarterback for nine weeks.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Thoughts on Tannehill and Bradford? Tannehill I think will bounce back, Washington has a surprisingly stout defense this year.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
.5ppr league would you stick with Owen Daniels and see what happens or drop him for available TEs: Kyle Rudolph, Vernon Davis, Ladarius Green, Eric Ebron?

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Prophecy120 posted:

.5ppr league would you stick with Owen Daniels and see what happens or drop him for available TEs: Kyle Rudolph, Vernon Davis, Ladarius Green, Eric Ebron?

I'm dropping Daniels for Green myself until Gates comes back, then either picking Daniels back up or going for Ebron if he's still there.

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
Who would you guys be happier to offload in a FA acquisition? Duke Johnson RB CLE, or Melvin Gordon RB SD (I own Woodhead)? Or are they both worthless? Because I can find a way to poo poo-can both if I need to. Non-PPR.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Forever_Peace posted:

The move I would personally do here in full ppr is Cruz for Beasley, but I would caution that the fantasypros "expert consensus" hates that move and has Cruz as the WR54 for the rest of the season (Beasley WR66).

My reasoning is that Cruz is literally not even running yet and is coming back from a devastating and often career-ending injury, while Beasley is the sharp-looking slot receiver for Tony Romo that just had a boatload of opportunity open up with Dez out and has been getting rave reviews all preseason for being "uncoverable".

Yah I was considering dropping Cruz. I mean my other WR's (not looking to drop) are AB, Stevie Johnson, Davonte Adams, and Tate. I guess what I am really hoping is that one of these guys can be a consistent WR2 and another can be a consistent flex play.I have a lot of potential spread out so just hoping something sticks.

Also, I was looking to upgrade my QB (have Stafford). The Matt Ryan owner wants Stevie Johnson but I was thinking I could probably try and push Beasley/Coleman for Ryan instead. Stevie has a starting spot in my roster this week so think that is giving up too much to go from Stafford to Ryan.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

Amergin posted:

I'm dropping Daniels for Green myself until Gates comes back, then either picking Daniels back up or going for Ebron if he's still there.

Just did the same thing. When Daniels catches 3 TDs week 2 I'll blame you.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

MrSargent posted:

Yah I was considering dropping Cruz. I mean my other WR's (not looking to drop) are AB, Stevie Johnson, Davonte Adams, and Tate. I guess what I am really hoping is that one of these guys can be a consistent WR2 and another can be a consistent flex play.I have a lot of potential spread out so just hoping something sticks.

Also, I was looking to upgrade my QB (have Stafford). The Matt Ryan owner wants Stevie Johnson but I was thinking I could probably try and push Beasley/Coleman for Ryan instead. Stevie has a starting spot in my roster this week so think that is giving up too much to go from Stafford to Ryan.

Given ATL's easy schedule I would totally trade Stevie for Matt Ryan as an upgrade from Stafford, especially with AB, Adams and Tate still on your team.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
So how are we feeling about Sammy Watkins's donut in Week 1? I'm sure it will get better, but I'm wondering if it'd be worth dropping him for the likes of Tavon Auston or Percy Harvin. This leage is .5 ppr and 1 point for every 30 return yards. I'm also sitting on Victor Cruz and Devin Funchess (waiting to see if his role will be expanded which I think it might) so I'm either starting Watkins or someone from the waivers. ...Or maybe I'm being fooling by stashing Cruz?

What's my prognosis goons?

EDIT:

Forever_Peace posted:

Don't drop Watkins.

Just saw this...but still looking for the comparison to my waiver choices

timp fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Sep 16, 2015

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

Nelson Agholor, Duke Johnson, DeVante Parker & Torrey Smith all got cut this week in a .5ppr league... Would you cut Devonta Freeman for any of these?

Edit: My starters are solid, these would all be later-season stashes.

Prophecy120 fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Sep 16, 2015

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Guy in my 12-team money league.

This was his roster at the end of last week:

QB: Rodgers
WR: Marshall
WR: Shorts
WR: Malcom Floyd
RB: Lacy
RB: Ivory
TE: Rodgers
FLEX: Ingram
BN: McFadden, Spiller, Cruz, Julius Thomas, Fells, Chris Johnson

I gauged his interest in trading either/both of Ingram/Spiller and offered him:

Yeldon, David Johnson, Agholor/James Jones/Moncreif

He told me to gently caress my self and that the trade was "bullshit" and "a bunch of bench guys for a starter"

Last two days he's made the following trades:

GIVE: Ingram
GET: Devante Adams, Ladarius Green

GIVE: Chris Johnson
GET: Doug Baldwin

I can't with these loving people. He's playing me this week too and I just know that he's going to win and I'm never going to hear the end of it.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Prophecy120 posted:

would you stick with Owen Daniels and see what happens or drop him for available TEs:

I have the same question but my waiver wire looks like this:

ASJ
Walker
Ertz
Reed
Allen
Hill
Green
Donnell
Gates
Clay

Take ASJ right? (non-ppr)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I'm 1-0 with highest total points scored in my league, looking for some WW advice after Dez went down. Here's my team, 10 players, no PPR, standard scoring, short 4 player bench with 1 IR slot:

QB: Roethlisberger
RB: Lacy
RB: Hyde
RB: Ivory
WR: Megatron
WR: Brandon Marshall
TE: Martellus Bennett
D/ST: Panthers
K: Justin Tucker

BE: Isiah Crowell
BE: Melvin Gordon
BE: Latavius Murray
BE: (Open)
IR: Dez

Since I'm thin at WR, here's some available players on the WW:

WRs: Stevie Johnson, Golden Tate, Travis Benjamin, Percy Harvin, Donte Moncrief, Nate Washington, Tyler Lockett, Harry Douglas
RBs: Bishop Sankey, Danny Woodhead, Marcel Reece, DeAngelo Williams, Dion Lewis
QBs: Mariota, Alex Smith, Phillip Rivers, Nick Foles, Andy Dalton
TEs: Ladarius Green, Darren Fells, Jordan Reed, Eric Ebron

I feel like a good pickup would be Stevie to supplement my bench but I'm tempted to scoop another starting RB or maybe Mariota for later trade bait. Anyone?

ex post facho fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Sep 16, 2015

• Locked thread