Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
I nominate doublestep to make new OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

you're supposed to be overcome with glee as shiva steps on your face

edit: or apply your butt to her face

ilifinicus fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Sep 16, 2015

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
It's all about the poledancing, baby.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i only have one shiva that i remember

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

What are all these icy screenshots? :confused:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
smdh if you aren't doing the most gentlemanly pose when diamond dust hits you.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Anderron Shi posted:

I nominate doublestep to make new OP

:chanpop:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

kalstrams posted:

What are all these icy screenshots? :confused:

Shiva Trial.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

seiferguy posted:

smdh if you aren't doing the most gentlemanly pose when diamond dust hits you.

That's what I do if only because you don't have to worry much about timing but I never remember to take any pictures.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

quote:

♫ Staring at death, I take a breath, There’s nothing left. ♪

Lets spend a few moments enjoying how batshit insane some all of the songs are. :allears: The tone whiplash on Shiva is incredible. :allears:

Was there any official lyrics for all of Metal and the other Alexander song? We got that partial list awhile back, I'd love to know them all.

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Sep 16, 2015

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

Thyrork posted:

Lets spend a few moments enjoying how batshit insane some all of the songs are. :allears:

Was there any official lyrics for all of Metal and the other Alexander song? We got that partial list awhile back, I'd love to know them all.
Metal has an official music video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7LiDzSBvaM

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
I wasn't sure if that video was the entirety of Metal?

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Thyrork posted:

:allears: The tone whiplash on Shiva is incredible. :allears:

What I find interesting is when you compare it to stuff like the Titan and Ravana themes, which are sung from (respectively) the perspective of the primal's worshippers and the primal himself. Instead, the Shiva song has Iceheart singing about herself and her past.

It really served to highlight just how different Shiva's summoning was from that of the other primals.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Thyrork posted:

I wasn't sure if that video was the entirety of Metal?

It is. The transition into repeating the song is pretty smooth, but that's the whole thing.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
E: ^^^^ Ah. Guess it threw me off!

Every song being from the various perspectives of the summons and their followers was such a great touch. I really liked how Bismark had no lyrics.

I'm right in assuming Ravana sings his own song, yeah? Considering how some of the lyrics in the first pass feel like they sync with his various attacks, It feels right to assume so.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Thyrork posted:

Every song being from the various perspectives of the summons and their followers was such a great touch. I really liked how Bismark had no lyrics.

I'm right in assuming Ravana sings his own song, yeah? Considering how some of the lyrics in the first pass feel like they sync with his various attacks, It feels right to assume so.

Ravana sings his, Titan sings his... can't think of any with lyrics that aren't sung from the primal's perspective.

What really sucks is that I BEAT TITAN!!! doesn't include the second verse.

TooManyUzukis
Jun 23, 2007

Suitaru posted:

Ravana sings his, Titan sings his... can't think of any with lyrics that aren't sung from the primal's perspective.

Leviathan and Ramuh.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Thyrork posted:

I'm right in assuming Ravana sings his own song, yeah?

Both Shiva's and Ravana's themes are character songs, yes. I'm 99% sure Titan's and Garuda's are too. The lyrics feel like it anyway (even if garuda is just 5 lines).

King Mog, Leviathan, and Ramuh seem to be sung by

Thyrork posted:

their followers

Bismarck and Ifrit don't have any lyrics, so who knows what those are.

TooManyUzukis
Jun 23, 2007

Reminder that Ifrit's theme was intended to be the blanket Primal theme in 1.0, hence the name Primal Judgement.

E: Crap I can't remember my source for this and now I'm afraid that being sick is making me lie

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Suitaru posted:

The vocals in Garuda's music are all hers, but there's not really much of it.
Titan is sung in a call-and-response style, alternating between Titan and his followers.
Leviathan is 100% his followers, as is Ramuh.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The answer is probably to just ignore it and keep leveling but are there any particularly useful cross class skills that I should level to augment my Dragoon? Right now I'm just using the increased defense and the "do damage get health" skills from marauder but I actually have empty cross class skill slots.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
dragoon is the job every other class has to level to get the good dps cooldowns (invigorate, blood for blood)

which is a roundabout way to say: not really. get pugilist to like 8 or 10 for internal release and that's about it.

there are some weirdos who say that all drgs need to level monk to 44 for mantra but those people are retarded and going to hell for lying

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

IcePhoenix posted:

The answer is probably to just ignore it and keep leveling but are there any particularly useful cross class skills that I should level to augment my Dragoon? Right now I'm just using the increased defense and the "do damage get health" skills from marauder but I actually have empty cross class skill slots.

You should take a break and grab Internal Release from Monk. It only requires level 12, but it has a short cooldown so it's worth getting early to get used to using it constantly.

sword_man.gif posted:

there are some weirdos who say that all drgs need to level monk to 44 for mantra but those people are retarded and going to hell for lying

Foresight, Mercy Stroke, Bloodbath, Internal Release, Second Wind is the best survivability package for Dragoons, anyways, and they're the most likely class to need extra protection. Mantra is technically okay, but it's super marginal.

Niton fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Sep 16, 2015

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

IcePhoenix posted:

Second Wind and Internal Release are both great and only require getting Pugulist class to Level 12. It would be well worth it to level that up quickly when you have the chance.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

TooManyUzukis posted:

Leviathan and Ramuh.

You know Leviathan is just really stoked to be himself and loves rocking out to his own name.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Inner Release and Mercy Stroke are literally the only two CC skills dragoons can take to increase their dps.

Niton posted:

The vocals in Garuda's music are all hers, but there's not really much of it.
Titan is sung in a call-and-response style, alternating between Titan and his followers.
Leviathan is 100% his followers, as is Ramuh.

I'M AN ARMADILLO
I'M AN ARMADILLO
I'M AN ARMADILLO

TITAN

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Niton posted:

It only requires level 12

look i was close ok

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

TooManyUzukis posted:

Leviathan and Ramuh.

fenra please stop owning me

e: in my defense I only did those once each by being carried ok!!

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Niton posted:

Mantra is technically okay, but it's super marginal.

i meant for doing dungeons because ~group defensive cooldown~

like "if you're a drg doing expert roulette without mantra you're loving terrible" which is just a dumb thing to say

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

sword_man.gif posted:

i meant for doing dungeons because ~group defensive cooldown~

like "if you're a drg doing expert roulette without mantra you're loving terrible" which is just a dumb thing to say

Does anyone really say that, because holy gently caress :lol:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I use mantra, bloodbath, inner release, mercy stroke, and second wind on my dragoon. Mantra has a few spots where it's a bit handy, like prepull when coordinating with our warrior and scholar to get a little bit more out of the adlo that's going to get spread to everyone. It also times up perfectly with A1S that you can have it popped every time the oppressors land for a little bit of extra healing when coming back from the raidwide, but it's mostly useless and just for fun.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
in my dreams savage primal fights are released in which you fight two primals at once with combined mechanics and remix tracks that mashup both themes. ramuh + bismark, maybe? then ravana + titan, leviathan + garuda, and ifrit + shiva. thank you for reading my ff14 design fanfiction everybody

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

DolphinCop posted:

in my dreams savage primal fights are released in which you fight two primals at once with combined mechanics and remix tracks that mashup both themes. ramuh + bismark, maybe? then ravana + titan, leviathan + garuda, and ifrit + shiva. thank you for reading my ff14 design fanfiction everybody

You can call it The Minstrel's Ballad: Ultima's Bane :v:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Thyrork posted:

The only way to appreciate Ravana's song is to assume he is literally singing it at you while you are fighting him.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I always thought it was just a gnath dude with a gnarly deep voice singing. The only ones to me that seem like it is the primal's vocals are shiva and garuda. The rest all seem like followers.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

DolphinCop posted:

I am so down with this fanfiction. Also I want A3 and Shiva Blue Team mostly just because that's my two favorite songs and I don't know how you'd mash them up but if it was done well it'd be amazing.

STARING AT DEATH I TAKE A BREATH THERE'S NOTHING LEFT THIS WORLD IS A FANTASY AND YOU'RE FAILING THE TEST

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Ravana is the most obvious character song, it's in 1st person and it's even synced to the fight. "red bloometh the rose of" *roses spawn*

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Boten Anna posted:

I am so down with this fanfiction. Also I want A3 and Shiva Blue Team mostly just because that's my two favorite songs and I don't know how you'd mash them up but if it was done well it'd be amazing.

STARING AT DEATH I TAKE A BREATH THERE'S NOTHING LEFT THIS WORLD IS A FANTASY AND YOU'RE FAILING THE TEST

Get Lotus Juice to sing it and i'd consider paying for it as DLC.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I wish Tanks had a charge attack like they do in WoW.

At the very least it'd make playing one in Frontlines feel less futile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

SirPhoebos posted:

I wish Tanks had a charge attack like they do in WoW.

At the very least it'd make playing one in Frontlines feel less futile.

Dark Knight.

Plunge! :black101:

• Locked thread