Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Shoehead posted:

I think someone involved with RF 4 went tits up?

Yeah, the developers of the game went bankrupt inbetween the US release and the original planned EU release.

It got released eventually as an e-Shop exclusive game in Europe though, I think thanks to Xseed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.
Nevermind

Jesto fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Jul 14, 2017

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I can't decide which is never gonna come out first, this or Enemy Starfigter. :v:

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

I want dat fukkin dog

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I can't decide which is never gonna come out first, this or Enemy Starfigter. :v:

I like half-assed pieces of crap too because I'm unable to wait for a one-man operation to create a game.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

It was a joke. I'm perfectly willing to wait for both games because they're gonna be awesome. Not like I don't have other games to play.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

GruntyThrst posted:

I want dat fukkin dog

Wanna pet dat cat.

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.
Nevermind

Jesto fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Jul 14, 2017

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

But Not Tonight posted:

goons are mad because they've been burned by other indie projects so natch this one is going to take their money and be a huge letdown/never get released

are people actually mad or is this goon hyperbole

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Jesto posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/chucklefishlive Tiyuri and the Chucklefish crew are streaming some Stardew live. :)

You can probably check the vod after the stream is over, too.

The developer guy (Concernedape on Twitch) is answering questions in the chat too.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Ugh I can't watch those people, but at least the game is real.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Wanna play this game

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Eonwe posted:

are people actually mad or is this goon hyperbole

I thought it was hyperbole. But I can't tell any more

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

mcvey posted:

Wanna play this game

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The fact that they are streaming it tells me it's close

They did the same thing with starbound too

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Concerned Ape is using his Twitter again so I'd say so

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

He said on the stream that it would be out "this year" but who knows v:shobon:v

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

drunken officeparty posted:

He said on the stream that it would be out "this year" but who knows v:shobon:v

He's been saying this for a few months I believe.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
A Thanksgiving release seems thematically appropriate, but that's partly just wishful thinking on my part as I'll have plenty of time to play in December. Any time this year will be fantastic.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Watching through that stream I like that it starts out as just a simple Harvest Moon like, and doesn't throw you into combat and corporations and everything from day 1... I was a bit unsure how it was going to handle the scope of the game but looks like its going to do OK.

I don't want to know a release date i just want to just come out.

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006
Hello, I was the guy playing. Glad you guys liked it! It was the first time most of us had got our hands on the game, so we were really excited to play ourselves. We only scratched the surface of the game so it's possible we'll do another stardew valley stream in future.

Chas McGill posted:

Anything we can do to improve future streams?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Supernorn posted:

Chas McGill posted:

Anything we can do to improve future streams?

Well this is awkward

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
You're probably fine as streamers. I just don't like the format much. I'd rather just see game footage without commentary or a cam. This is unusual so don't take it personally.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Oh wow! I had no idea this game even existed (will exist?), this is awesome! I've been having a lot of fun playing Harvest Moon: ToTTs a lot recently (and watching Non Non Biyori, a super sweet anime series about some kids living in rural Japan) so I am reall hyped for more farm-sims in the future!

Single person dev team can take as long as they want to make sure it's up to their standards, I will be here, patiently vibrating with excitement :)

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.
Nevermind

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Jesto posted:

Also, this thread is about 4 months away from being 3 years old. :stare: When I first saw the game it looked like it might have been out in a couple months, at the time. Feels like forever.

Jesto in 2013 posted:

'bout time a game in this genre showed up somewhere other than a console or handheld. :toot: Unfortunately it's not out yet, the ETA is currently 'Summer 2013' at the earliest with no guarantee, but '2013' is for certain.

:v:

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.
Nevermind

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I think he's still soloing this so fair play. That's a lot of work

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Shoehead posted:

I think he's still soloing this so fair play. That's a lot of work

Hell, Cave Story was also a one-man job, and it took 5 years to make. If you think of it like that ConcernedApe is actually doing pretty good. :v:

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Jesto posted:

Would be really, really nice if the game isn't given to a bunch of Twitch streamers before release, but that seems standard these days. :sigh:

We just won't watch the streamers, then. But getting this in the hands of the streamers will help the game sell, so I think it'd be a good thing.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Yeah, business-wise, shoving your indie game at Twitch people is basically the only marketing you can really easily get, it's basically mandatory.

Further, as long as multiplayer doesn't get cut, I'm prepared to wait a whole 'nother year for this game.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
If multiplayer is as seamless and natural as i think it'll be, I'm going to buy a few copies for my friends.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

If multiplayer is vaguely playable I'll be buying at least 3 copies. I've been wanting a farming game with MP for years.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I will only buy this if it lets you marry each other in multiplayer, but if it does I will be buying multiple copies.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
If, in multiplayer, I can see the mountains and then go to those mountains, I'll defs get 4 copies

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.
Nevermind

Jesto fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Jul 14, 2017

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Jesto posted:

:what:

We the junimo are happy to aid you. In return we ask for gifts of the valley. If you are one with forest magic then you will see the true nature of this scroll.

:stare:

I'm imagining a cross between Harvest Sprites and Mr Saturns :stonk::hf::syoon:

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.
Nevermind

Jesto fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Jul 14, 2017

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Just two years, huh?

Kind of wish these farming games would plan for 4-5 years of things to do but I guess developers of this type of game know most players only play a couple seasons.

I only managed a season or two in Story of Seasons and A New Beginning. But only because they needed some quality of life tweaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Personally I hate forced time based events. Let me do everything at my own pace. Seasons can still be there and stuff, just basically eliminate the counting of years. I want to be able to do everything I can do in year 2 the same as I can in year 50 and vice versa. Otherwise I always feel like I "missed out" on things.

drunken officeparty fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Sep 23, 2015