Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
If you thought this election season was crazy in the United States, consider Haiti: there are 54 declared candidates for president and election season opened only a few days ago; the first debate (yesterday) had only 5 of those candidates, was hosted by the U.S. State Department in Washington, D.C. rather than in Haiti itself, and mandated that candidates speak in English even though most of Haiti's population doesn't!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

what a dork

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

i think it should be worth noting that Rand Paul is only 5'7"

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
look at his stupid shoes

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

rand paul somehow comes across and dorkier and more awkward than his father

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Rocks posted:

what a dork

GOP tax plan:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

lookoutbelow
Mar 3, 2004

Alter Ego posted:

They're nature's finest killers, Mr. Wint.

One is never too old to learn from a master, Mr. Kidd.

*joins hands with The Donald and walks off into a beautiful sunrise*

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Xenophon posted:

mandated that candidates speak in English even though most of Haiti's population doesn't!

why the gently caress did they do this?? i get that haitis basically a client state of the US but that just seems too blatant

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

lookoutbelow posted:

*joins hands with The Donald and walks off into a beautiful sunrise*

I must say Ms. Fiorina looks quite attractive.

For a lady.

*awkward forced laugh*

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Rocks posted:

what a dork

Didn't seem to put a dent in them. Should have used a shotgun, but it's not as :freep:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Nice.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

expertly hiding his hoverhand

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Ladies and gentlemen, Presidential candidate Slurms McKenzie.

WIMMY WHAM WHAM WAZZLE!

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Sep 16, 2015

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

someone photoshop a creeping donald trump in the background

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

wouldn't wouldn't would wouldn't

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Will Ahmed Mohamed come up in the debate tonight?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Mordiceius posted:

If he does, I expect the line "I'd throw that little Muzzie raghead poo poo into Gitmo" to get thunderous applause. :sigh:

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

railroad terror posted:

someone photoshop a creeping donald trump in the background

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Mordiceius posted:

Doubtful. It is a foreign policy debate and the questions will have been prepped out weeks ago

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Joementum's secret identity revealed?

Would

Fried Chicken posted:

It is a foreign policy debate

:negative:

Welp

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

why the gently caress did they do this?? i get that haitis basically a client state of the US but that just seems too blatant

White Supremacy. Haiti is still being punished for the slave rebellion.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Alter Ego posted:

If he does, I expect the line "I'd throw that little Muzzie raghead poo poo into Gitmo" to get thunderous applause. :sigh:

I expect that if he gets brought up, whoever answers the question will instead use it to take a crack at public school administrators and explain how they would encourage the young entrepreneurs and inventors of America, but I also don't have an absurdly unrealistic internet leftist point of view to opine from.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

I mean considering it was held in DC...

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Front page Milwaukee Journal Sentinel article making fun of Walker's falling numbers and the possibility of him being at the kid's table next debate.

I think Scott Walker would be doing much better if it weren't for these three problems:

1) He looks like an idiot

2) He sounds like an idiot

3) He is an idiot.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Alter Ego posted:

They're nature's finest killers, Mr. Wint.

One is never too old to learn from a master, Mr. Kidd.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Because I'm bored and curious, here's a list of heights of all candidates, sorted from tallest to shortest. TBD means I couldn't find it on the first page of google. Feel free to find out for me.

George Pataki 6'5"
Jeb Bush 6'3"
Rick Santorum 6'3"
Donald Trump 6'3"
Rick Perry 6'1"
Scott Walker 6'1"
Ben Carson 5'11"
Chris Christie 5'11"
Mike Huckabee 5'11"
Marco Rubio 5'10"
Bobby Jindal 5'10"
Ted Cruz 5'8"
Lindsey Graham 5'7"
Rand Paul 5'7"
Carly Fiorina 5'6"
John Kasich TBD

Martin O Malley 6'0"
Jim Webb 5'10"
Bernie Sanders 5'8"
Hillary Clinton 5'7"
Lincoln Chaffee TBD
Lawrence Lessig TBD

Side note: I wonder how many candidates heights here are inaccurate so that voters think they're taller. For instance, Scott Walker is listed as 6'1" but there's a couple comments saying how people think he's shorter than that. Just made me think about the other candidates.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

I expect that if he gets brought up, whoever answers the question will instead use it to take a crack at public school administrators and explain how they would encourage the young entrepreneurs and inventors of America, but I also don't have an absurdly unrealistic internet leftist point of view to opine from.

Yeah, if anything I'd expect to see the candidates taking shots at the school system and talking about how it stifles our children and prevents them from helping to make America great again.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

DOOP posted:

Either that or an image that RollCall reporter Matt Fuller posted to Twitter. :iiam:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Rocks posted:

Because I'm bored and curious, here's a list of heights of all candidates, sorted from tallest to shortest. TBD means I couldn't find it on the first page of google. Feel free to find out for me.

George Pataki 6'5"
Jeb Bush 6'3"
Rick Santorum 6'3"
Donald Trump 6'3"
Rick Perry 6'1"
Scott Walker 6'1"
Ben Carson 5'11"
Chris Christie 5'11"
Mike Huckabee 5'11"
Marco Rubio 5'10"
Bobby Jindal 5'10"
Ted Cruz 5'8"
Lindsey Graham 5'7"
Rand Paul 5'7"
Carly Fiorina 5'6"
John Kasich TBD

Martin O Malley 6'0"
Jim Webb 5'10"
Bernie Sanders 5'8"
Hillary Clinton 5'7"
Lincoln Chaffee TBD
Lawrence Lessig TBD

Side note: I wonder how many candidates heights here are inaccurate so that voters think they're taller. For instance, Scott Walker is listed as 6'1" but there's a couple comments saying how people think he's shorter than that. Just made me think about the other candidates.

By Irken law, that means Pataki will be our next leader.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Jeb Bush is the Big Friendly Giant.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Phlegmish posted:

Jeb Bush is the Big Friendly Giant.

Large creatures need to move slowly and conserve energy.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!
Chaffee's around 180 cm

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Abner Cadaver II posted:

Chaffee's around 180 cm

:lol: That was a good low hanging fruit joke and I missed it completely

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

NotWearingPants posted:

He's sort of a Baby Boomer everyman.

An everyboomer if you will.

Is there actually evidence Affirmative Action helped him get in to medical school or is creator just being lazy because Carson's black? A google search just brings up some pundit saying "well he probably got in because affirmative action" and some random comments that Carson claimed it himself with no actual source.

Alter Ego posted:

Was worth the trip in, just to say that, wasn't it?

Because Ballghazi didn't make enough people hate you, Tom. :cripes:

The Patriots were already hated for the shitloads of cheating they did that the NFL then covered up by destroying evidence. Last thing they wanted was a congressional investigation when they could just brush it under the rug and know most fans won't care or stop spending money.

Fried Chicken posted:

Doubtful. It is a foreign policy debate and the questions will have been prepped out weeks ago

Besides, it's not something any of them actually give a poo poo about.

Kim Davis OTOH? She's going to be talked about whether anyone asks or not.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Joementum posted:

Either that or an image that RollCall reporter Matt Fuller posted to Twitter. :iiam:

I have no idea who this is, so.....

I want to believe

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Evil Fluffy posted:

Is there actually evidence Affirmative Action helped him get in to medical school or is creator just being lazy because Carson's black?

As far as I know, he has not denied it.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

Is there actually evidence Affirmative Action helped him get in to medical school or is creator just being lazy because Carson's black? A google search just brings up some pundit saying "well he probably got in because affirmative action" and some random comments that Carson claimed it himself with no actual source.

Carson got his undergrad from Yale and managed to get into Michigan for his M.D. He went on to be one of the greatest brain surgeons in history. He could've gotten into a medical school without affirmative action.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

Joementum posted:

Get back to work, Fuller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

DOOP posted:

Would

:negative:

Welp

Also, while the last one was in front of 4,500 republicans from the general public, the audience for this one is a much smaller crowd of high end donors and republican "insiders"

• Locked thread