Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Twiddy posted:

Woah dude. No reason to get political in this thread.

But the whole show is about monster-people politics that's why they're living with nameless dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

:nws:http://imgur.com/a/w8pTU:nws:

Ogres are freakin' enormous, Jesus.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

RareAcumen posted:

The true meaning of BBW

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Throwing a salami into a barn.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Elasticity is a thing, you know.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Was Zombina born a zombie or did she used to be human and later become a zombie as well as a monster girl?

Either way Zombina is cool.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Zombies are dead humans infected with a virus

So yes, she is dead

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

RareAcumen posted:

The face sweat of a man who has realised he's in way over his head.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
how much discrimination do momster girls face that they all fall in love with a guy who just treats them like normal ppl

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I'm surprised Papi didn't fall in love with the guy who was tapping on the window with her.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Starsnostars posted:

I'm surprised Papi didn't fall in love with the guy who was tapping on the window with her.

that guy was cool.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Darth Windu posted:

how much discrimination do momster girls face that they all fall in love with a guy who just treats them like normal ppl

IIRC the whole thing with mono-eyes in particular is that most humans instinctively react to their single, giant eyeball with horror and/or violence.

The other two are probably just impressed he put up with their poo poo :v:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Darth Windu posted:

They just recently went public, most people have probably never seen a monster girl, and the government doesn't even openly recognize some of the species as existing yet. I don't think it's discrimination so much as people being kinda freaked out and staring.

Plus it seems like most monster girls have significantly bigger boobs than human women. They've already brought that up, whether people are staring at her horse body or her massive chest, most people don't look Cerea in the eye

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Bees put this into the OP of the new thread

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Also IIRC it's been implied that only the 'cuter' monstergirls like catgirls and such have gained widespread acceptance, with the more outlier types (i.e. the whole drat harem and MON) still being seen as freaky-deaky by people who just can't appreciate a lovely pair of pedipalps.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

CommissarMega posted:

Also IIRC it's been implied that only the 'cuter' monstergirls like catgirls and such have gained widespread acceptance, with the more outlier types (i.e. the whole drat harem and MON) still being seen as freaky-deaky by people who just can't appreciate a lovely pair of pedipalps.

Is more than implied, you can see an idol group made of neko girls giving a concert on the first chapter in the series.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Starsnostars posted:

Wait until her mom shows up...

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Fooley posted:

Wait until her mom shows up...

Her mom is currently in a satisfying relationship tyvm.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

CommissarMega posted:

More than implied, it's the entire point of rachne's backstory

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

No knock on Rachne, but I think non-consensual dominatrix would not fit in with some families

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Smoking Crow posted:

No knock on Rachne, but I think non-consensual dominatrix would not fit in with some families

There's a joke in here somewhere about "my Mary Poppins fan fiction"

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

deadly_pudding posted:

There's a joke in here somewhere about "my Mary Poppins fan fiction"

Okay yeah let's not go there please.
Please don't be weird in this thread!

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
i think darling-kun would be enormously successful as a doctor or something, he clearly has absolutely zero issues with crazy anatomy and like, seeing someone who doesn't have a head with all the physiology of a missing head that would imply, and in this new world of entire species suddenly populating a modern society he could make enormous amounts of money in a field that likely has zero competition at the time

he could also, however, find his calling as a stuntman considering he's almost killed every day by the kinds of situations that even someone living in the australian outback would find a ridiculous stroke of bad luck

i stick to my theory that he is, in fact, the newest undiscovered species of monmusu

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Gyra_Solune posted:

i think darling-kun would be enormously successful as a doctor or something, he clearly has absolutely zero issues with crazy anatomy and like, seeing someone who doesn't have a head with all the physiology of a missing head that would imply, and in this new world of entire species suddenly populating a modern society he could make enormous amounts of money in a field that likely has zero competition at the time

he could also, however, find his calling as a stuntman considering he's almost killed every day by the kinds of situations that even someone living in the australian outback would find a ridiculous stroke of bad luck

i stick to my theory that he is, in fact, the newest undiscovered species of monmusu

The current arc on the manga makes clear he would be more than happy managing a hotel for liminals.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

everythingWasBees posted:

Okay yeah let's not go there please.
Please don't be weird in this thread!

:shobon: I wasn't trying to be weird, sorry! Just keyed onto "would not fit in with some families".

Anyway, yeah^ Darling is like weirdly competent for what appears to be an unemployed high school dropout (or maybe it's summer vacation?). I kind of think Smith is definitely not paying him or anything, but probably he should at minimum go on track to be some kinda social worker.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Smoking Crow posted:

Yeah, kinda hard to put too much hate on the family that wanted to get a sexual predator out of the same house as their teen daughter.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

deadly_pudding posted:

:shobon: I wasn't trying to be weird, sorry! Just keyed onto "would not fit in with some families".

Anyway, yeah^ Darling is like weirdly competent for what appears to be an unemployed high school dropout (or maybe it's summer vacation?). I kind of think Smith is definitely not paying him or anything, but probably he should at minimum go on track to be some kinda social worker.

He has a job I'm pretty sure.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

deadly_pudding posted:

Isn't he in his early 20s? He doesn't seem like a highschooler to me.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

Gyra_Solune posted:

Turn out the real monster is man.

And yeah, I assumed Darling was a college student this whole time.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

boom boom boom posted:

Yeah, kinda hard to put too much hate on the family that wanted to get a sexual predator out of the same house as their teen daughter.

Be fair to Rachnee, she tried to keep a distance from her previous foster family. It was only the stubborness of their kid what prompted the incident that land her with that creepy guy.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

everythingWasBees posted:

He has a job I'm pretty sure.

IIRC in the manga version he was working in the store that got hit by the orc t-ero-rists.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

I'd gaze into Manako's eye.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

AfroSquirrel posted:

I'd gaze into Manako's eye.

I'd poke it

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Die stupid cyclops, hahaha

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Countblanc posted:

mods?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Countblanc posted:

I'd poke it

Countblanc posted:

Poke yourself, dick.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Are we going to get an anatomy effort post about Manako someday? Given the size of it, I have a feeling her eyeball occupies almost the entire area where the brain would normally be.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

deadly_pudding posted:

Are we going to get an anatomy effort post about Manako someday? Given the size of it, I have a feeling her eyeball occupies almost the entire area where the brain would normally be.

I was going to get to Smith's little SWAT team after the main cast, they'll probably be a bit shorter because we've only got a little while before this is an old thread about an old show. (Unless Bees does what he promised).

But yeah, the whole Manako post would be "where does her brain go?". But then, you could ask that about a lot of anime characters.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Gyra_Solune posted:

This is actually the best possible ending because as a non-human he is exempt from plot legislation and he can do all the monster lovin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Fellis posted:

This is actually the best possible ending because as a non-human he is exempt from plot legislation and he can do all the monster lovin

• Locked thread