Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Toxxupation posted:

gently caress the chargers is my point

I think time and history have that pretty well covered already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

The jokes on the television series "Rick ANd MoRty" are pretty good.

Snuffles was my slave name!

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Snuffles was my slave name!

The punchline was that owning pets is in some ways comparable to owning slaves, not slavery in and of itself. Jokes entailing distasteful topics aren't inherently bad.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Philip Rivers posted:

The punchline was that owning pets is in some ways comparable to owning slaves, not slavery in and of itself. Jokes entailing distasteful topics aren't inherently bad.

Oh, I thought you said

Philip Rivers posted:

slavery jokes are in poor taste and not particularly funny.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Oh, I thought you said

Well, that joke was about owning pets. I could have phrased the first post better but I stand by the point in general.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

Philip Rivers posted:

Well, that joke was about owning pets. I could have phrased the first post better but I stand by the point in general.

Do you have a list of approved joke topics?

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Do you have a list of approved joke topics?

How about you go gently caress off, Toxx's joke was just not funny, R&M is funny, case closed.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
Your avatar is a condom getting jizzed on. We're all poo poo sippers, why bother living anymore.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

grilldos posted:

Your avatar is a condom getting jizzed on. We're all poo poo sippers, why bother living anymore.

agreedo

all jokes are bad, nothing is funny, and either we can argue like TVIV, quote the show inanely, or come up with Adventure Time style fan theories in the days between episodes airing. There is no good option so let's just do it all like some aborted mishmash of ill-considered ingredients a KFC famous bowl

Philip Rivers: are KFC jokes funny?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I am chicken kin so no. they are not. chekin your privilege.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

grilldos posted:

Life is meaningless, we're all going to die, however I prefer when we argue about the lovely writing of the man children who make the show, not the lovely writing of the man children who post on the thread.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

ElCondemn posted:

Life is meaningless, we're all going to die, however I prefer when we argue about the lovely writing of the man children who make the show, not the lovely writing of the man children who post on the thread.

I'm not sure if you see the irony in what you posted, but you're a person arguing about posts right now

If you want better posts in this thread, make them. If you want to tell other people to stop posting their posts, you are part of the problem (as am I but unlike you I don't give a gently caress)

"I'm stuck in traffic!" "No, you are traffic."

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

I'm not sure if you see the irony in what you posted, but you're a person arguing about posts right now

If you want better posts in this thread, make them. If you want to tell other people to stop posting their posts, you are part of the problem (as am I but unlike you I don't give a gently caress)

"I'm stuck in traffic!" "No, you are traffic."

It does seem ironic, doesn't it.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I like that there's this machine that can create life, spit out infinite copies of anything you can imagine (including a god) and they're using it for marriage counseling.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Dr_Amazing posted:

I like that there's this machine that can create life, spit out infinite copies of anything you can imagine (including a god) and they're using it for marriage counseling.

I still don't understand how staging alien mind clone fights leads to a successful marriage, but I suppose aliens just deal with things differently. Also do we know what happened with Beth's mom? Is she still around? Why didn't Rick try this with her?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Dr_Amazing posted:

I mean, you're using a machine that can hold near infinite data, calculate all sorts of incredible things, and has been a major gateway for humanity in continual technological development.

Yet you're using it for posting on a forum.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Philip Rivers posted:

I bet you're one of those people who never say glip-glop even if it's a lyric in a rap song.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Ramos posted:

I mean, you're using a machine that can hold near infinite data, calculate all sorts of incredible things, and has been a major gateway for humanity in continual technological development.

Your computer can't hold anywhere near infinite data, they also really only calculate numbers, and they're not so much a gateway for humanity or technological development as much as they're for poo poo posting and jerking off.

Paladinus posted:

I bet you're one of those people who never say glip-glop even if it's a lyric in a rap song.

That's their word.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
All I can think of is that bit from It.

We all float down here.

We all are Jerry down here.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
While the joke wasn't funny policing the thread is about as much fun to read as the talks about Steven Universe

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
So the preview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsPn2syqLtY

can we talk about Rick seems to care Jerry in this? That's weird

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Fellbat posted:

So the preview:

Cool, the new Rixty Minutes is finally here.

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife
Please dear God let Jerry be fighting for life in a hospital bed while the rest of the family just watches interdimensional cable in his room

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

CRINDY posted:

Please dear God let Jerry be fighting for life in a hospital bed while the rest of the family just watches interdimensional cable in his room

P sure that's exactly what it is.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Servaetes posted:

While the joke wasn't funny policing the thread is about as much fun to read as the talks about Steven Universe
This:

Fellbat posted:

We all are Jerry down here.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Fellbat posted:

So the preview:

That's an Arbolean Mentorosean in the wheelchair there! Guess they survived the game show.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Ramos posted:

I should probably clarify that I wasn't being sarcastic. I actually do like the absurdity of it and It fits the tone of the show perfectly.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

whoa, the rick and morty thread sure is busy tonight... :yikes:

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Dr_Amazing posted:

I should probably clarify that I wasn't being sarcastic. I actually do like the absurdity of it and It fits the tone of the show perfectly.

Sarcasm on the internet is great when you realize that no one really quite gets it. That said, I was honestly trying to be sincere, technology, no matter how amazing it, will eventually be used for superfluous things if it's common enough (or you're Rick).

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Segmentation Fault posted:

That's an Arbolean Mentorosean in the wheelchair there! Guess they survived the game show.

He might have been off-world at the time.

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

Fellbat posted:

So the preview:

He cares insofar as jerry dying would affect Beth.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Slavery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_CyMqQBO8w

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Philip Rivers posted:

slavery jokes are in poor taste and not particularly funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB7MichlL1k

BurnBlackJay
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

grilldos posted:

It's ice ceream .

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

CelticPredator posted:

I am chicken kin so no. they are not. chekin your privilege.

Do you have juicy thighs?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Say Nothing posted:

Do you have juicy thighs?

Crispy and juicy. Dip me in some FLG saws.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I want a longer version of Tiny Rick's song from the party.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Fellbat posted:

So the preview:

But he cares more about the crisper drawer, so clearly he has his priorities in order (Jerry dying < fridge space)

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Dr_Amazing posted:

I want a longer version of Tiny Rick's song from the party.

Let me out! Let me out! This is not a dance!

I think it's perfectly succinct in demonstrating Rick's voice for the few seconds he had to express himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

a cop posted:

Let me out! Let me out! This is not a dance!

I think it's perfectly succinct in demonstrating Rick's voice for the few seconds he had to express himself.

I meant this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0p8gk_zHSA

• Locked thread