Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Wasn't Chekov's son crazy and hung himself from a tree in a park or something?

Was he dressed as a Bajoran monk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Well, after they showed the noose earlier on, it was inevitable that someone would be hung with it.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Orange Sunshine posted:

Well, after they showed the noose earlier on, it was inevitable that someone would be hung with it.

:golfclap:

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

I heard online that Shatner did it.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Orange Sunshine posted:

Also, bravo.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I miss "Boner" Stabone.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
seriously if Wil Wheaton had it bad with "Shut up, Wesley" and alt.ensign.wesley.die.die.die think how tough it must have been to walk down the street and have people holler "HEY BONER HOW'S IT HANGIN"

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

shadow puppet of a posted:

Important info from that other trek thread:

Im trying hard to see Kes anywhere in there but it must be like one of those magic eye things where you have to look past the mugshot to see the character.

I live like 30 minutes from the town this happened in and the whole county is scary redneck never go there

So this doesn't surprise me at all. Also lol pedo trek

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Still not seeing Kes.

But I can see Chakotay and Harry Kim's Tuvix blend real clearly.

shadow puppet of a fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Sep 16, 2015

Rattus Amicus
Mar 8, 2007

Her character in Voyager was actually pretty similar

"In 2376, Voyager received a distress call from a small ship. Sensors revealed the ship had one Ocampan lifeform on board. It was an aged Kes, who requested to be beamed aboard Voyager. When Janeway questioned her motives, Kes responded by ramming Voyager with her small ship and boarding the Starfleet vessel."

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

Rattus Amicus posted:

Her character in Voyager was actually pretty similar

"In 2376, Voyager received a distress call from a small ship. Sensors revealed the ship had one Ocampan lifeform on board. It was an aged Kes, who requested to be beamed aboard Voyager. When Janeway questioned her motives, Kes responded by ramming Voyager with her small ship and boarding the Starfleet vessel."

OK now I see the resemblance.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Important info from that other trek thread:

Im trying hard to see Kes anywhere in there but it must be like one of those magic eye things where you have to look past the mugshot to see the character.

MODS KNEW

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Tujague posted:

...Alexander Roshenko actor...

If there ever was a get out of jail free card it should be for actor of Alexander.

"You are charge with killing three people, causing a million dollars of damage and the only survivor is left paraplegic for life, how do you plead?"
"I used to be Alexander on DS9."
"Holy poo poo son, why didn't you say that to the arresting officer. All charges dismissed. And sorry for your disability."

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Defendant Alexander's Klingon Lawyer could also make the case that his client would have know way of knowing that inflicting a spinal injury on someone would have a permanent outcome as in his expectation the victim's brak'lull would kick in at any moment.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
That reminds me of an episode of TNG that I may be botching. Basically Beverly Crusher is amazed that the Klingon biology has redundant organs all over the place.

Haven't we loving known about Klingons at this point for something like 150 years? And have been at war?

Are we really expected to believe not one medical/scientific autopsy had been performed nor a biological study provided by Vulcan or Andorian allies? Was that early TNG?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Shadow posted:

That reminds me of an episode of TNG that I may be botching. Basically Beverly Crusher is amazed that the Klingon biology has redundant organs all over the place.

Haven't we loving known about Klingons at this point for something like 150 years? And have been at war?

Are we really expected to believe not one medical/scientific autopsy had been performed nor a biological study provided by Vulcan or Andorian allies? Was that early TNG?

I'm think that might be from Ethics, in season 5. Which would mean she has also been his doctor for like 4 years.

...maybe it's not that episode. Hopefully it is earlier on.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
Now time for your routine check up Worf. Holy gently caress what is that? What do you mean it's a vital organ? I'm sure this is new, I'm sure I would have noticed it at your last check up.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Don't forget that they could make Worf a fake spine out of stem cells but they couldn't synthesize Romulan blood.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Luigi Thirty posted:

Don't forget that they could make Worf a fake spine out of stem cells but they couldn't synthesize Romulan blood.

The Romulan ale replicator pattern lockouts were so strong that they wouldn't make anything that would directly interact with it.

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
I dunno, getting booted off a show, losing your one shot at becoming a millionaire and being replaced by a blowjob fantasy in a tits suit who then proceeds to become one of two good characters could reasonably drive someone to drug use

Poor woman's life would have been better if she had remained Neelix's love interest. That's rough.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

thexerox123 posted:

I'm think that might be from Ethics, in season 5. Which would mean she has also been his doctor for like 4 years.

...maybe it's not that episode. Hopefully it is earlier on.

If it was post season 2, not only has she been a practicing doctor with at least one klingon patient, but she also spent a year as head of ...something. Whatever bullshit reason they had for not to be on the Enterprise for a year. Wasn't she head of starfleet medical or the medical academy or something?

But then I also remember her just expressing more general surprise and admiration in klingon anatomy. Not like 'wow I've never seen this before isn't it amazing' but 'even though I'm familiar with it, I still think it's impressive this resilient system exists'

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I think my favorite part of season 1 was that their solution to every problem was separate the saucer and activate the auto-destruct

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Luigi Thirty posted:

I think my favorite part of season 1 was that their solution to every problem was separate the saucer and activate the auto-destruct

With Starfleet HQ being so close to Oakland its only natural that Jr. Captains would pickup on ghostriding the ship.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

Luigi Thirty posted:

Name me a problem this doesn't solve.

You can't can you?

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Tujague posted:

I dunno, getting booted off a show, losing your one shot at becoming a millionaire and being replaced by a blowjob fantasy in a tits suit who then proceeds to become one of two good characters could reasonably drive someone to drug use

Poor woman's life would have been better if she had remained Neelix's love interest. That's rough.

I thought she left the show on her own. Did she get fired?

How could anyone get fired from Voyager? The actors trying to get fired were kept on, the writers didn't give a poo poo about the show. Did she start ranting about hating jews or something?

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Kitchner posted:

Name me a problem this doesn't solve.

You can't can you?

Sometimes it's not enough.

Sometimes you need to separate into THREE PIECES
:goshawk:

:goshawk:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Orange Sunshine posted:

How could anyone get fired from Voyager? The actors trying to get fired were kept on, the writers didn't give a poo poo about the show. Did she start ranting about hating jews or something?

I seem to recall something about drugs, alcohol, not being able to remember lines, or keep it together. So she had to be let go.

Boner Slam
May 9, 2005
So I am watching Star Trek Renegades.

The acting is good. The sets and fx are good enough. Camerawork is not atrocious.

However who hosed up the story? Hoooly poo poo the direction also. Where is it ever a good idea to have a "slow epic walk through a hallway" scene five minutes into the movie? Or a group of tight renegades who nevertheless have to explain their whole backstory to each other? And then of course the most vanilla bad guy story.

Who wrote this?

It's such.... wasted effort. I can understand not getting good actors or fx or even cameras when doing an amateur production. But it's all mostly here.
But why the gently caress would you gently caress up the story so badly? There must be gazillions of writers out there who would produce a good story for two meals at Chipotle.

Just sad

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Orange Sunshine posted:

I think what happened is that UPN wanted more tits to help combat lagging ratings, but didn't want to pay for an additional actor on top of the cast they already had. Harry Kim was on the chopping block before Kes but then he turned up on People's Sexiest Man list and that of all things apparently saved his job, so they bumped Kes instead. So Jeri Ryan came in, stuff happened, Obama became President, Jen Lein went crazy. Circle of life.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Yeah, she was booted because they needed cast room for Seven. The decision happened at the absolute last moment - when they did Scorpion Part 1 Harry was going to die to the 8472 infection, then he was named People Magazine's 37th most beautiful person of 1997, so they fixed Harry in part 2 and dumped Kes instead.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

MikeJF posted:

Yeah, she was booted because they needed cast room for Seven. The decision happened at the absolute last moment - when they did Scorpion Part 1 Harry was going to die to the 8472 infection, then he was named People Magazine's 37th most beautiful person of 1997, so they fixed Harry in part 2 and dumped Kes instead.

Lol is that true?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Yes. And they never forgave Garrett Wang.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Still not seeing Kes.

But I can see Chakotay and Harry Kim's Tuvix blend real clearly.

Chokim?

Charry?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Imagine a timeline where Harry Kim died and Obama never became president... it sounds beautiful...

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Boner Slam posted:

So I am watching Star Trek Renegades.

The acting is good. The sets and fx are good enough. Camerawork is not atrocious.

However who hosed up the story? Hoooly poo poo the direction also. Where is it ever a good idea to have a "slow epic walk through a hallway" scene five minutes into the movie? Or a group of tight renegades who nevertheless have to explain their whole backstory to each other? And then of course the most vanilla bad guy story.

Who wrote this?

It's such.... wasted effort. I can understand not getting good actors or fx or even cameras when doing an amateur production. But it's all mostly here.
But why the gently caress would you gently caress up the story so badly? There must be gazillions of writers out there who would produce a good story for two meals at Chipotle.

Just sad

Roomful of autists, each fighting to get their own version of how badass and amazing their idea is.
Actually looking at IMDB, the 3 writers have 2 episodes of DS9 writing credits, and thats it.
Not sure if this is good or bad.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

what eps did they write? i'm not going to watch this renegade thing ever but i'm curious

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Children of Time
Visionary
Little Green Men
Indiscretion

Third writer, Sky Douglas Conway, looks to be just a fanboy.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Am I the only one that has no idea what an episode is based on its title? "Children and Time" describes the subject of about 30% of all episodes ever filmed.

Since is is the better trek thread lets use a standard "The one where" notation.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
^^I'm with you for the most part. I think watching on Netflix and seeing the names made me retain some of it, along with threads like these.

Little Green Men was so loving stupid :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

happyhippy posted:

Children of Time
Visionary
Little Green Men
Indiscretion

Third writer, Sky Douglas Conway, looks to be just a fanboy.

bad, weird ep where writer imagines the cast stranded on a planet and having kids with each other
don't remember, probably bad
quark time travels to area 51 and tricks a woman into ear-jerking him
that's the one where kira and dukat bond over his illegitimate bajoran lovechild right? gross

nice writing credits laffo

Am I the only one that has no idea what an episode is based on its title? "Children and Time" describes the subject of about 30% of all episodes ever filmed.

it's easy. all you have to do. is squander your youth. then spend your adult life regretting everything you've done.

Mr. Pumroy fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Sep 17, 2015

• Locked thread