Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Azhais posted:

It's on twitter, along with the coach saying it isn't anything serious, just held out of practice as a precaution.

Thanks, I just went through my FF list but it's a mess and I was having a panic attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

LmaoTheKid posted:

CBS just told me Julio has a hamstring injury and it's nowhere else. I really hope this is bullshit :(

War. War never changes.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Doppelganger posted:

Who should I drop/add to compensate for losing Dez in my 0.5 PPR league?

RB: Lacy, Hyde, Spiller, Blount, Duke Johnson, Woodhead
WR: Dez, Green, Vjax, Torrey Smith

Available:
James Jones, Donte Moncrief, Stevie Johnson, Pierre Garcon, Reuben Randle, Brandon Coleman

Drop Duke and Torrey, add 2 of Moncrief, Stevie, and Coleman. E: And maybe try to trade Blount with a WR to upgrade your WR2 or WR3?

Eternal Hobo
Nov 7, 2008
Currently sitting on Eli and Flacco at QB in a 1 QB league but someone dropped Stafford and I'm considering replacing one of them with him. Was week 1 just an aberration for those two or would Stafford be a better option?

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
So I went to bed this morning with the second waiver priority in a league, wondering about Terrance Williams vs Donte Moncrief. Turns out I should not have worried because I woke up with neither - the league, which I am 99% sure was set to rolling priority, apparently is actually inverse standings (I had the most points week 1). Needless to say, it got even more suspicious when I saw that the person with the second pick (who got Moncrief) was the league manager, a TY Hilton owner.

I texted the league commish (a friend of a friend, first year in this league) and he basically played dumb - he claimed no knowledge and asked me if we should move the league to some other setting. Is there a way I can see a history of league setting changes? This feels shady as gently caress.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!

Eternal Hobo posted:

Currently sitting on Eli and Flacco at QB in a 1 QB league but someone dropped Stafford and I'm considering replacing one of them with him. Was week 1 just an aberration for those two or would Stafford be a better option?

Replace 1 of them with an RB or WR, I guarantee 1 of the other 2 will be waiting for you during bye weeks.

cheese posted:

So I went to bed this morning with the second waiver priority in a league, wondering about Terrance Williams vs Donte Moncrief. Turns out I should not have worried because I woke up with neither - the league, which I am 99% sure was set to rolling priority, apparently is actually inverse standings (I had the most points week 1). Needless to say, it got even more suspicious when I saw that the person with the second pick (who got Moncrief) was the league manager, a TY Hilton owner.

I texted the league commish (a friend of a friend, first year in this league) and he basically played dumb - he claimed no knowledge and asked me if we should move the league to some other setting. Is there a way I can see a history of league setting changes? This feels shady as gently caress.

ESPN? Yahoo? work with me here.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

On ESPN, on the main League tab, you'll see an entry like "LM Changed League Settings" with a link, if the LM changes anything. Click the little "View all activity" link at the bottom, to see a filterable list, where you can check date ranges and look specifically at LM actions.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

VDay posted:

Double posting for :siren: CRITICAL BREAKING FANTASY FOOTBALL NEWS :siren:

If you're on ESPN you can apparently use emojis in your team name.

Ha! Thanks. FYI, only works on ESPN website. In the app the emojis are garbled.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

cheese posted:

Reverse standings waivers are the ESPN default

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
I'm in a bit of a WR crisis and trying to package one or two of my RBs for a Dez replacement. I'm usually very good with waiver wire pick ups but kind Of suck with trade evaluation. 12 teams, 0.5 PPR:

My WRs: Dez Bryant, Keenan Allen, Devante Parker, Brian Quick

My RBs: Eddie Lacy, Alfred Morris, Bishop Sankey, Doug Martin, Shane Vereen

What tier of WR should I be looking for in return for Sankey? Morris?

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

ZIGfried posted:

ESPN? Yahoo? work with me here.
gently caress, sorry, my bad. This is yahoo.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

cheese posted:

gently caress, sorry, my bad. This is yahoo.

There should be a way to see league changes under commish notes. Just change from Notes to Changes.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

VietCampo posted:

There should be a way to see league changes under commish notes. Just change from Notes to Changes.
Took a look and...yeah...

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Drop everyone on your roster quit that league and never look back

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

cheese posted:

Call him out on it and report back here on his reply.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

cheese posted:

lol send him that pic

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
You're legally allowed to beat the poo poo out of that dude.

Also morally obligated.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Guy in our league drafted Brady, Big Ben, and Romo. He is desperate at RB and offered me Brady for Blount. My only QB is Tannehill and waivers are sparse in a 14 man league. My other RB's are Miller, Randle, Kniles Davis, and Matt Jones. I'm a little worried about depth at RB if I make the trade, but Brady over Tannehill seems like a no brainer. I mash right?

Edit: .5 ppr. I'm pretty stacked at WR so I'd only ever start 2 RBs.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Frustrated posted:

Guy in our league drafted Brady, Big Ben, and Romo. He is desperate at RB and offered me Brady for Blount. My only QB is Tannehill and waivers are sparse in a 14 man league. My other RB's are Miller, Randle, Kniles Davis, and Matt Jones. I'm a little worried about depth at RB if I make the trade, but Brady over Tannehill seems like a no brainer. I mash right?

Edit: .5 ppr. I'm pretty stacked at WR so I'd only ever start 2 RBs.

Mash this in the past if you can, holy hell. I want no part of a Patriots RB, but give me Tom Brady this year all day.

Edit: Your depth at RB is not great, but play the waivers and you should be able to pick up someone serviceable in the next couple weeks. Maybe even throw a hail mary on Ahmad Bradshaw getting picked up since its a deep league? I just think Brady is going to be far ahead of Tanny this year and Blount is not someone I would feel comfortable starting on any week given how the Pats use RBs.

MrSargent fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Sep 17, 2015

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Yeah I'd do that to get Tom Brady, although I don't think it's quite as big of a mash because it does leave you thin at RB and I think Blount will have a decent year. Granted, it's because I own him in two leagues and still believe in Santa Claus, but hey.

e: Definitely try to grab some RB depth off the waivers though like MrSargent said. Maybe sit on your waiver spot for the next few weeks just to be in a better position when/if a solid RB option emerges.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

VietCampo posted:

Call him out on it and report back here on his reply.

Seriously, call him out in front of the league, and if he doesn't correct it you should demand any entry fee be refunded. Drop everyone on your team to waivers if you really want to kick up some dust.

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

No don't drop everyone to waivers because obviously he would just add them to his team as LM, bench your entire team.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
So currently in this 1 PPR league with WR/WR/WR/RB/RB

and this is my current roster

WR BRANDIN COOKS
WR AMARI COOPER
WR KEENAN ALLEN
RB MARSHAWN LYNCH
RB LAMAR MILLER
BN AMEER ABDULLAH
BN TEVIN COLEMAN
BN DUKE JOHNSON
BN TYLER LOCKETT
BN DEVANTE PARKER

Sorry for caps, but I'm thinking i should trade Amari + Coleman/Abdullah for a better WR, but am hesistant to give up Abdullah, but most likely he'd be the one to go. He'd also probably only start during the Bye's or if he starts outproducing Miller on a weekly basis. Thoughts?

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Someone dropped Mike Evans. Should I drop someone for him? 10 team 1 PPR. We start 2RB, 2WR and a flex which is currently Keenan Allen.

RB: Forte, McCoy, Joique Bell, DMC, David Johnson, Gurley
WR: D. Thomas, Edelman, Keenan Allen, James Jones, Roddy White.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

mcpringles posted:

Someone dropped Mike Evans. Should I drop someone for him? 10 team 1 PPR. We start 2RB, 2WR and a flex which is currently Keenan Allen.

RB: Forte, McCoy, Joique Bell, DMC, David Johnson, Gurley
WR: D. Thomas, Edelman, Keenan Allen, James Jones, Roddy White.

Probably DMC for him.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
I need to patch up my WRs. Do I pick up Donte Moncrief or Pierre Garcon?

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
New teamname in my BradyLeague: Trump/Brady '16
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GThbpEa-Vc

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

cheese posted:

Sever.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I've got:

WR: Antonio Brown
WR: Golden Tate
WR: Mike Evans
TE: Gronk

Bench:
Stevie Johnson
DeSean Jackson
Nelson Aglohor
Donte Moncrief

I'm offering a guy Golden Tate, Mike Evans, and Stevie Johnson for Demariyus Thomas. This would leave me with Antonio/Demariyus/Moncrief or pick up Percy Harvin on waivers. Kills my depth, but his next two WRs are Lockett and Doug Baldwin. Kills my depth but....Demairyus/Antonio/Gronk?! Good offer for both of us, right?

This also allows me room on my roster to add Von Miller somebody just dropped..

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Don't do that

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I agree, you are giving up way too much for DT after he had a mediocre game where Peyton looked bad. You should only need to give up Evans and one of Stevie/Tate for Thomas if you are looking for good value. Even thinking on that, it could easily get rejected. As an Evans owner, I am holding onto him for a while because I think he could be huge in an offense constantly playing from behind.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Probably get rejected, but maybe Evans/Tate/Moncrief?

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
4am Free Agency doorcrashing: Dick move or Play to Win?

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

DeepDickPizza posted:

Well, I got the RB and the WR that I wanted off my waiver claims. Now my roster looks like:

QB: Bradford, Eli

WR: Megatron, Davante Adams, TWill, Garçon, B. Coleman and Dez

RB: Hyde, Woodhead, Gore, Ellington, Yeldon

I honestly don't know if this makes me more or less likely to accept the Dez/Yeldon for VJax/Russ Wilson offer.

I did it, everyone. I hit accept. I encourage every other Dez owner to get him off your team before his foot falls off. God bless.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Miko posted:

4am Free Agency doorcrashing: Dick move or Play to Win?

Play to win baby! Everyone is afforded the same opportunity, some of us just want it more.

In all honesty, I was wondering if there was a way to change the time of day that waivers clear so everyone has a shot? I haven't heard of a way to do that (on espn at least).

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
Yeah, I can't understand why someone would be salty that I dropped Jonas Gray of all people for Danny Woodhead at 5am, because I was randomly up at the time.

Meh.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

DeepDickPizza posted:

I did it, everyone. I hit accept. I encourage every other Dez owner to get him off your team before his foot falls off. God bless.

Who was your QB again? I think you might have been able to get more for Dez than a possible QB upgrade and Vincent Jackson, who is going to be a rocky option once Evans comes back with Jameis throwing him the ball.

I am telling my fiancee who has Dez in her league to see if there is any interest this week, and then wait until after week 2. Someone with 2 wins under their belt might get cocky about making the playoffs and overpay. I might be overanalyzing it but just my 2 cents.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Miko posted:

Yeah, I can't understand why someone would be salty that I dropped Jonas Gray of all people for Danny Woodhead at 5am, because I was randomly up at the time.

Meh.

In my league, most of us are on the West coast, but we do have one in Texas and Indy which makes it really easy for them to snipe FA when they wake up. It happens, you learn to deal with it and accept the risk that if you don't use a claim or be there when waivers clear, there is a chance they won't be available anymore. That is a really petty thing to complain about.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Miko posted:

Meh.

LOL if you don't pay a guy in china to constantly mash F5 and snipe free agents the second waivers clear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
If they didn't want someone grabbing a player before they could they should have put in a waiver claim for him.

That's like, the entire point of the system. If you're willing to chance it on a player slipping through waivers then you accept the fact that someone can just take him before you can.

• Locked thread