Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

JcDent posted:

Catachans shouldn't get armor saves either.

CATACHAN MUSCLE IS ARMOR!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

JcDent posted:

Clans rolling out their new poo poo, Inner Sphere is hosed now!

I want a tau army that is just three of these and WAVES AFTER WAVES of kroot.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

JcDent posted:

im the lil legs holdin' up its butte

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

LordAba posted:

I want a tau army that is just three of these and WAVES AFTER WAVES of kroot.

Welcome to the magical land of UNBOUND, may your wildest purchases dreams come true!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

As far as consistency in theme and branding goes, Khorne has it made.

"Those Berserkers are pretty boss, now I'll just repeat them forever. Good job, Khorne, ol' boy!"

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

JcDent posted:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Devlan Mud posted:

im the lil legs holdin' up its butte

They're high heels.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

JcDent posted:

"Those Berserkers are pretty boss, now I'll just repeat them forever. Good job, Khorne, ol' boy!"

I see their Nounverber naming scheme is holding up with that Bloodborne Skullgrinder there. Maybe he's friends with the Bloodborne Bloodstoker

Whereas the Slaughterpriest is a Verbnoun, totally different guys

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

JcDent posted:

That dude's hammer is a Khorne icon that is also on fire :megadeath:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Geisladisk posted:

That dude's hammer is a Khorne icon that is also on fire :megadeath:

It's cool but it's also kind of stupid because Age of Sigmar.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
One guy chained a spine to his spine.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

I have two main issues with the tau missilemania mech. One, guns being directly attached to the body don't mesh well with having a head. IMO, it should either have arms or lose the head--I'd lean towards dropping the head. Two, the leg pose does not work at all with that body and armament. It worked alright for the new broadside and the riptide because of their more humanoid shape and the lower mounting of their main guns--it gives the impression of a person bracing to fire a big gun. On this, the guns are mounted like a Battletech mech, but it's standing like a humanoid mech. There's a disconnect there, and it really bugs me.

tl;dr I'm a nerd

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

It's cool but it's also kind of stupid because Age of Sigmar.

"cool but also stupid" describes literally every Age of Sigmar model

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Geisladisk posted:

Mostly they're just stupid.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Geisladisk posted:

I thing "stupid but also stupid" goes for most Khorne models. Marauders + some Chaos Warriors is best Fantasy chaos, especially since Warriors look so cool.

Esser-Z posted:

I have two main issues with the tau missilemania mech. One, guns being directly attached to the body don't mesh well with having a head. IMO, it should either have arms or lose the head--I'd lean towards dropping the head. Two, the leg pose does not work at all with that body and armament. It worked alright for the new broadside and the riptide because of their more humanoid shape and the lower mounting of their main guns--it gives the impression of a person bracing to fire a big gun. On this, the guns are mounted like a Battletech mech, but it's standing like a humanoid mech. There's a disconnect there, and it really bugs me.

tl;dr I'm a nerd

Plus, you know, a turret on a turret.

EDIT:

Have you ever wanted Slaanesh to be more about sex? Or some fallen Sorotitas? Boy, do I have something for you (in 6mm).

JcDent fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Sep 16, 2015

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I think the one second from the right will be the least popular of the set.

As for Tau thing, all I see is missiles and a bit of stuff holding them up. I assume the shoulder tube is for a really big missile. Its special attack involves walking into the middle of the enemy, firing everything at once to kill whatever is in front before recoil topples it backwards to crush whatever is now behind it. Or should that under it?

And in closing I have yet to see a Sigmar model that I like. Especially the chaos skull fort thing.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I actually like most of the Chaos AOS stuff. They look like they'd make great Khorne Berserkers if you just gave em backpacks and bolt pistols. The Marauder-looking dudes seem to be solid models too, I'm just not a fan of most of the characters or the big thing in the box set. The Stormcast are pretty uninspiring.

Also those not-Epic not-Sisters have probably the tiniest boobs sculpted by man. I can't imagine much titillation from a 6mm model.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

SRM posted:

I can't imagine much titillation from a 6mm model.

thats why you buy sets of them

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Would it be in line with Slaanesh to jack off to smaller and smaller models?

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

Cat Face Joe posted:

thats why you buy sets of them

Yeah, if KD got in on this it could be amazing. I mean, think of the value of having a phalanx of 40 rainbow vomiting dick monsters attended by microscopic women, many of whom do not survive the process of rearing them?

This has *always* been the benefit of 6mm format. Yes, detail on each dick, (veins, sores, hair, identifying marks) is lost, but the sheer number of dicks goes through the roof.

A typical 3000 pt army could be looking at a DPI2 of 14-17.

You just can't get that at the 28mm heroic dick scale.

Dicks.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

JcDent posted:

I thing "stupid but also stupid" goes for most Khorne models. Marauders + some Chaos Warriors is best Fantasy chaos, especially since Warriors look so cool.

Plus, you know, a turret on a turret.

EDIT:

Have you ever wanted Slaanesh to be more about sex? Or some fallen Sorotitas? Boy, do I have something for you (in 6mm).

Modern technology has allowed exposed breasts on a 6mm model.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Speaking of alternative Chaos Dwarves, does anyone make a good Llamasu? That's the one model I wish I got when it was re-released with Storm of Magic. Love that ugly thing.

I might have an original metal one lying around if you're interested. I've got a fuckload of old 4th ed. Warhammer minis in boxes from when my brother and I played as kids.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Amusingly, their Sister of Battle are still better served than GW's...

Bonus 6mm Tyranid Cultists:

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Nebalebadingdong posted:

What a time to be alive.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Having painted as few 6mm models, I don't think I'm evolved enough for the 6mm titty, Need some titty painting bot for that.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

anti_strunt posted:

Yep. These own.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
Tiny boobs aside, I dig the guy's minis and their computer generated look. Probably not the right thread to ask , but does anyone make 6mm fantasy using digital sculpting?

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Tiny boobs aside, I dig the guy's minis and their computer generated look. Probably not the right thread to ask , but does anyone make 6mm fantasy using digital sculpting?

There's a guy who does 6mm fantasy, but I don't know if they're computer designed. Microworld minis.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

spectralent posted:

There's a guy who does 6mm fantasy, but I don't know if they're computer designed. Microworld minis.

Oh yeah, I love that guy's stuff. It doesn't look digital tho

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Oh yeah, I love that guy's stuff. It doesn't look digital tho

At that level of detail, you could do it yourself with Blender and a sufficiently advanced 3d printing website.

MidnightPhoenix
May 27, 2004
I'm so spinless, you can boss me around online!

Esser-Z posted:

I have two main issues with the tau missilemania mech. ... tl;dr I'm a nerd

Don't feel bad; my reaction was "why would they put the railgun over the missle pods? That causes so much unnecessary torque!". And now I'm thinking that the Orks had it right - the dickgun is exactly what you want, so the friction on the feet counteracts the torque from the gun and...

Help me.

At least i have a new test question for if i ever teach physics.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

berzerkmonkey posted:

CATACHAN MUSCLE IS ARMOR!

IIRC back when they had their own Codex (in 3rd and 4th editions) the Catachans did have worse armor across the board than normal IG. Well, in 3rd they did, in 4th they just couldn't buy Carapace armor.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

anti_strunt posted:

Amusingly, their Sister of Battle are still better served than GW's...

I really like the style on these too.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

goatface posted:

Yep. These own.

They even make the limousines!

Under 15 posted:

I really like the style on these too.

When time and money allows me to try and get back into Epic I'll definitely try them out for a SoB detachment. I don't like their "Imperial" vehicles but got plenty of spare plastic Rhinos.

Their faux Tao grav-tanks look pretty neat tho:

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

6mm is a great scale but I actually wanted things that are less obviously Epic stuff, since everyone will recognise it from 40k.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Sucks, was checking through my old list of Epic alt-supplies and apparently Steel Crown Productions (they made the Exodus Wars line) is closed. :(

Another company that shared their webstore or somesuch has at least survived, they make OK Death Korps of Krieg men and some Forge World superheavies:

http://www.troublemakergames.co.uk/did.htm

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
These 6mm look really cute :3

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Skellybones posted:

And you won't can't give GW money either, since they cancelled all support for Epic! Obviously the best way to play 40K.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Skellybones posted:

Yeah

The tiniest cult

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

anti_strunt posted:

Sucks, was checking through my old list of Epic alt-supplies and apparently Steel Crown Productions (they made the Exodus Wars line) is closed. :(

Another company that shared their webstore or somesuch has at least survived, they make OK Death Korps of Krieg men and some Forge World superheavies:

http://www.troublemakergames.co.uk/did.htm

Checking SCP it looks like they made some sweet stuff :(