Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Donald Trump
Jeb Bush
Scott Walker
Ben Carson
Ted Cruz
Marco Rubio
Mike Huckabee
Rand Paul
John Kasich
Chris Christie
Carly Fiorina
View Results

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Alter Ego posted:

So uh

who won

Parents who are skeptical of vaccines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Lord Hydronium posted:

Is it over?

tell me it's over :ohdear:

It's not over for like 14 months.

We haven't even started.

:shepface:

potato of destiny
Aug 21, 2005

Yeah, welcome to the club, pal.
https://twitter.com/SusanPage/status/644346994811518978

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

a lot depends on who fox decides to crown.

i disagree. fox tried to head trump off at the pass at the first debate and failed miserably

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

trump only got to do some real burning down everyone else in the first 30 minutes or so

carly is going to get a big bump, trump might lose a bit. idk about jeb, i think he might lose a tiny bit or just stay the same. a lot depends on who fox decides to crown.
They're gonna crown Carly. She was the right mix of good speaking and being a total piece of poo poo

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

remember when carly fiorina said that we couldn't smoke weed cuz it killed her kid (not true)

and then had a laugh line in that little segment

gently caress me that was truly craven

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I have to say, as much as everyone talked about how people need to take shots at Trump, nobody really had the guts to make an enemy of him. He was shaking hands with Jeb in the end, Carson and Rand both gave up their medical credibility by refusing to call him out on vaccines even when directly asked, Rubio did that weird "No I won't ask him about foreign policy, you should ask him for me" thing, nobody seems to have it in them to fight him. Rand tried a few snipes and got slapped around with that "You shouldn't even be here with your 1%" stuff.

If they can't bring him down and they're sort of hanging back, hoping for him to burn out, he might just stay at the top spot.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

Deep Hurting posted:

"...doo doo..."

–Donald Trump, September 16, 2015

Truly, the five hours I wasted listening to this garbage was worth it for this moment :allears:

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I still hope Trump stays in the lead, he's an unelectable idiot jackass but at least he's entertaining. Plus he makes every other Republican look that much more laughable when he is in the lead.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

trump only got to do some real burning down everyone else in the first 30 minutes or so

carly is going to get a big bump, trump might lose a bit. idk about jeb, i think he might lose a tiny bit or just stay the same. a lot depends on who fox decides to crown.

i think people only really watched the first hour or so, but even then I think establishment crowd is going to rally around Jeb! even if he looked like a dumb rear end constantly.

i don't know why people keep thinking Carly did well. she was canned, interrupting constantly, and flat out wrong about a bunch of poo poo

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Trump is saying how the candidates are getting to know each other and that they're "building a relationship"

Yeah, he's totally angling for Fiorina hate-sex.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
It always surprises me that David Axelrod isn't black. I do not know why I think he is black.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Alter Ego posted:

So uh

who won

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Logikv9 posted:

this was awful and i wish for the swift death of america

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
So Carly takes Carson's place for her shift as Not-Trump.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

TEAYCHES posted:

i disagree. fox tried to head trump off at the pass at the first debate and failed miserably

they cant take down trump, but they can definitely pump up others imo

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
You'd think none of them coming out against anti-vaxxers would sink any of their general election chances, but we lived in a hosed up world.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
missed the debate, but found this great summary on twitter:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

i think people only really watched the first hour or so, but even then I think establishment crowd is going to rally around Jeb! even if he looked like a dumb rear end constantly.

i don't know why people keep thinking Carly did well. she was canned, interrupting constantly, and flat out wrong about a bunch of poo poo

pretty much every *(stupid) thing she said was a huge applause line

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Axetrain posted:

I still hope Trump stays in the lead, he's an unelectable idiot jackass but at least he's entertaining. Plus he makes every other Republican look that much more laughable when he is in the lead.

I keep thinking he's going to start slipping.

I keep being wrong.

I still keep thinking it.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Mr Hootington posted:

It always surprises me that David Axelrod isn't black. I do not know why I think he is black.

he looks sort of like Michael Steele

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Lord Hydronium posted:

Is it over?

tell me it's over :ohdear:

that was a loving ordeal to watch what

ugh gently caress 'Rubio was very forceful. He was a total loving moron on everything he said but man he said it forcefully'

Are you loving kidding me W is now celebrated by conservatives what the gently caress

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

is it still godwinning if it's like the actual reality we have come to live in

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Deadulus posted:

What were the key moments

Some people stood on a stage and made air come out of their mouths in a bad way and then 11 more of them did it

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

:drat:

TheOnlyStarFish
Apr 22, 2010

"And the fucking pants. Goddammit, the fucking pants. again. If there is anyone on this planet who likes those fucking pants other than you 3 people, they’re probably 5 years old and laugh at anything random."

Iron Twinkie posted:

It's over. God is dead, Satan is dead, my liver is dead, there is only Trump. Set your Tivo's for the CNN Facebook Democratic debates.

Iron Twinkie's too drunk to type this post so I'm gonna post it for him

Iron Twinkie posted:

I think we should drop vaccines on Isis so we have to fight autistic terrorist

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
ofc everyone of them basically handed the democrats live ammunition. bernie, hillary and liz warren's twitter interns were having a field day

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

hahaha are these real

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Fintilgin posted:

I keep thinking he's going to start slipping.

I keep being wrong.

I still keep thinking it.

This time last presidential cycle Rick Perry was the heavy favorite.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
I quit watching over an hour ago, close to having a panic attack. Too much doom and gloom, ugh. gently caress these people, I'm not coming back for more of this poo poo.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Constant Hamprince posted:

he looks sort of like Michael Steele

No poo poo I had never seen him until 5 months ago and was shocked.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

David Axelrod is moustache. Except not anymore so he just looks really weird.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

Alter Ego posted:

So Carly takes Carson's place for her shift as Not-Trump.

At least Carly can deliver prepared lines in a convincing way, Carson always sounds like he's trying to figure out what he's saying while he's saying it

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

:eyepop:

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

lmao what

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
loving Christ these loving shitheels made me agree with Ann loving Coulter

Somehow this makes me more angry than any of the dribblepoop that came out of the mouths of the yahoos on stage tonight

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Zelder posted:

hahaha are these real

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter

she's really pissed

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Missed the Debates tonight. What were some of the highlights? Who was declared "winner"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

yessss this is definitely an argument i want the republican party to have with itself

• Locked thread