Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Basic Chunnel posted:

They tried to sync up a YES chant and it sounded awful.

I was honestly thinking something about how it can't be that hard. If Enzo has an audio file with him doing his thing, you just merge the crowd chanting and the VO to the same file.

Then I remembered that this is the same company that has to create an entirely new character for what is essentially a costume change, and you have different entrances for singles, tag with Cas, tag with different wrestlers, and probably adding a line for Carmella for when she becomes DLC. This poo poo is probably unnecessarily complicated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Astro7x posted:

I was honestly thinking something about how it can't be that hard. If Enzo has an audio file with him doing his thing, you just merge the crowd chanting and the VO to the same file.

Then I remembered that this is the same company that has to create an entirely new character for what is essentially a costume change, and you have different entrances for singles, tag with Cas, tag with different wrestlers, and probably adding a line for Carmella for when she becomes DLC. This poo poo is probably unnecessarily complicated.

Wow they should hire you because you know how easy all this stuff is.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

The Big Taff Man posted:

Wow they should hire you because you know how easy all this stuff is.

It's brave of you to defend corporations

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
For real, it's kind of depressing all this shade about these games are thrown at the devs, when it's the publishers that enforce the yearly release rule, set deadlines, decide which features should and shouldn't be important, and pretty much everything that hamstrings Yuke's.

Golden Bee posted:

There are real human beings making these games, and I'm sure they're not dumb idiots who smell bad and make games bad on purpose.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Golden Bee posted:

Its easy to criticize something where you dont know how it works imo. To me making Enzo and Cass sound real seems something that would be complicated by layering audio and I'm sure most of the people making the games would love to be able to make it sound just right, in the same way they'd probably like the commentry to not be stilted or there to be every one of your favourite wrestlers in the game. Somethings are limited by technology.

I'm more bothered by the fact that Enzo doesnt wave back and forth with his "You Cant Teach That" than the audio sounding funny.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

The Big Taff Man posted:

Its easy to criticize something where you dont know how it works imo. To me making Enzo and Cass sound real seems something that would be complicated by layering audio and I'm sure most of the people making the games would love to be able to make it sound just right, in the same way they'd probably like the commentry to not be stilted or there to be every one of your favourite wrestlers in the game. Somethings are limited by technology.

I'm more bothered by the fact that Enzo doesnt wave back and forth with his "You Cant Teach That" than the audio sounding funny.

It's not even technology, but time. People truly don't understand just how much time and money goes into making a AAA game. A year isn't nearly long enough to get everything working right, while also doing silly poo poo like perfecting audio mixes or recording entire crowds, putting them into the game and then making sure it also doesn't break horribly (or break anything else horribly).

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Fixing the audio for Enzo and Cass would actually be a fairly straight-forward task, as last year's game demonstrated they are already geared up for taking sound from actual shows. Cena, the Wyatts and Paige all had sound ripped straight from TV. Getting a live-like performance out of somebody in a studio is hard, so I understand why Enzo sounds so flat, but mixing in better crowd noise in the background, at least, is not in any way beyond them.

That said, I am impressed by the actual animation for it. It's as good as I would ever dare ask for. But that's just what 2K prioritises, I would guess. Visuals will rack up the pre-orders more than audio. A few choice screenshots or one slick animation is more worth their time than getting any kind of sound effect right. Nobody is going to pre-order the game because holy poo poo, Cole has a few new lines, whereas people will pre-order a game because holy poo poo, look at that RKO.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

pressedbunny posted:

Fixing the audio for Enzo and Cass would actually be a fairly straight-forward task, as last year's game demonstrated they are already geared up for taking sound from actual shows. Cena, the Wyatts and Paige all had sound ripped straight from TV.

People complained about that, too.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I skip entrances most of the time anyway, because in any given game you're going to see each one a thousand times. But yeah, ripping live audio and choreographing CG movements to it can't be that difficult.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Yeah I never get people who get all particular about entrances. I always turn them off after the first maybe 20 minutes. In this one I'll probably watch like Demon Finn and maybe the Vaudevillains, give other people those entrances a couple times for laffs, then ignore it forever. That's just my take though.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Sounds like this game is CAW2k16 with Austin Mode. That's actually worth a buy for me.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

projecthalaxy posted:

Yeah I never get people who get all particular about entrances. I always turn them off after the first maybe 20 minutes. In this one I'll probably watch like Demon Finn and maybe the Vaudevillains, give other people those entrances a couple times for laffs, then ignore it forever. That's just my take though.

I liked them in the N64 Era when you'd get a few seconds of it, could instantly skip and be into the match. Now it's like a 2 minute delay between loading the entrances and loading the matches. gently caress that.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Astro7x posted:

I liked them in the N64 Era when you'd get a few seconds of it, could instantly skip and be into the match. Now it's like a 2 minute delay between loading the entrances and loading the matches. gently caress that.

Can you install the games to the hard drive on consoles? On PC it takes about two seconds to skip intros too.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Terminator's hair looks stupid because its not the hairstyle that's associated with any incarnation of the character or the one he has for like 95% of the movies

just give him like, Alex Riley's old hairstyle instead

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Bard Maddox posted:

Terminator's hair looks stupid because its not the hairstyle that's associated with any incarnation of the character or the one he has for like 95% of the movies

just give him like, Alex Riley's old hairstyle instead

It's pretty accurate to how he looks in the beginning of Terminator, which is where that outfit comes from. There is a second attire with the more well-known look.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Lady Naga posted:

I know it was a few years ago but seriously, go look at the hair in Human Revolution, a core franchise, one published by Square Goddamn Enix, one that took four years to make, and then tell me you expect a yearly released non-madden sport game published for consoles to look any better.

Until 2K15 every WWE game looked identical to the 2006 release. So yes I expect a game to look not look worse than literally any other game released in the last five years.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Until 2K15 every WWE game looked identical to the 2006 release. So yes I expect a game to look not look worse than literally any other game released in the last five years.

Hurr durr.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
At least they get the crowd reactions right each year

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Lady Naga posted:

Hurr durr.

WWE 2K15 (2014) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGaCUWXIFCc

TNA Impact (2008) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOE_wdMdEYU

hurr durr indeed

(for maximum laughs WWE 2K13 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuxBnXG1RYk)

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

By the way, with the recent changes to model quality, WWE is officially caught up with UFC 2009

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Austin no, Taker enjoys it too much

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I just realized looking at that screenshot that we are, through Austin mode, going to suffer through one million years of Austin/Kane/Taker WHOSE SIDE IS HE ON, which were all somehow compressed into the summer of 98. It wasn't good.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It wasn't good if you were over 10 years old maybe, that stuff is peak nostalgia for me

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

RBX posted:

It wasn't good if you were over 10 years old maybe, that stuff is peak nostalgia for me

Personally, I hope his match with Steamboat from Clash 17 is in, although it may not be so they don't have to show Steamboat's injury. Also a bunch of Dangerous Alliance stuff. It's a shame that the Sting's Squadron vs Dangerous Alliance War Games from WrestleWar 1992 won't be in.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Hopefully his "Dragon Slayer" attire will be available.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Why does Charles Robinson look like the exact same model they had in 14? The ref in 15 looked way better.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Nut Bunnies posted:

I don't know who that's supposed to be, but it is not Mikey Whipwreck.

Also I think the Austin mode is just current day Austin reliving his past by putting his old gear on:

That's a pretty loving accurate rendering of ECW Arena - did they go there and scan the building?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I can't wait to see where they shoehorn a Titantron in the ECW arena.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Muddy Burphy posted:

I can't wait to see where they shoehorn a Titantron in the ECW arena.

Some of the retro arenas in 2k14 had no titantrons, I'd imagine the ECW arena would be the same.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

I feel like Austin's knee braces look better than anything else in that shot. That's really not a good thing.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

That is pretty clearly a pic from the last gen version. Not to say the next gen pics looks that great, they certainly look better than that.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Lady Naga posted:

There are real human beings making these games, and I'm sure they're not dumb idiots who smell bad and make games bad on purpose.

Technically corporations are real human beings.

Blast Fantasto posted:

It's pretty accurate to how he looks in the beginning of Terminator, which is where that outfit comes from. There is a second attire with the more well-known look.

Heel Terminator and Face Terminator.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Remember all the hope when 2K bought this franchise? Different toilet, same poo poo.

Jesus Christ, it should take two decades to make a good wrestling game.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I was thinking about how bad the situation has been for WWE games since they "went yearly". Then I realized that there have actually been yearly releases since 1998. In fact, Smackdown 1 and 2 both came out in 2000. :psyduck:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

That's why it's astounding to me when people are like "what did you expect, it's a yearly game series, a year isn't long enough for a good game", like good Maddens haven't happened or good NHL games or HCTP/SVR 06/SVR 08

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

That's why it's astounding to me when people are like "what did you expect, it's a yearly game series, a year isn't long enough for a good game", like good Maddens haven't happened or good NHL games or HCTP/SVR 06/SVR 08

Or, more relevantly, every single NBA 2K (and MLB 2K, rip) game ever. I was super excited when 2K got the license because they are the best in the world at this. Unfortunately the quality of their shoot sports titles does not seem to have translated fully.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Likely because WWE games get a fraction of the budget and manpower of the top tier sports game franchises.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Also it's still Yukes.