Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is going to be your MGV mission bro
This poll is closed.
DD 72 0.24%
Quiet 30008 99.63%
idk some robot thing 38 0.13%
Total: 30118 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

A mod to make the child soldiers killable has been released

http://www.nexusmods.com/phantompain/mods/11/

A good mod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I got the twist ending but does the eli thread plot ever get resolved?

Please answer in a yes and no fashion.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ElMaligno posted:

I got the twist ending but does the eli thread plot ever get resolved?

Please answer in a yes and no fashion.

No. Look for a video on cut content for Mission 51 on youtube.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

pisspants rescued. Was ocelot part of snake's group in ground zeros? I can't remember if he was in it, and I don't really get why he joined. It's weird when miller says that everyone here lost something that day, but ocelot seems fine and just kinda feels disconnected from the other characters.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

vitamin the d posted:

pisspants rescued. Was ocelot part of snake's group in ground zeros? I can't remember if he was in it, and I don't really get why he joined. It's weird when miller says that everyone here lost something that day, but ocelot seems fine and just kinda feels disconnected from the other characters.

thats because ocelot owns

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
4 neutralizations? how is that even possible?

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

4 neutralizations? how is that even possible?

It's the same 4 as the tactical takedowns. I choked them out and fultoned them to remove them from the area. That's mainly what I use fultons for now since it removes them for the rest of the mission, and because killing has a score penalty.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
how the gently caress did you take close to 3 hours on that mission

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
taking 3 hours is a greater score penalty m8

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

It didn't feel like 3 hours. Does it add on the real time that would have passed when you use a cigar? I used one right before I got into the base, and another right after I got to pisspants.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Ocelot's reason for being involved in all this is revealed in a cassette tape after you finish Mission 46.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

vitamin the d posted:

It didn't feel like 3 hours. Does it add on the real time that would have passed when you use a cigar? I used one right before I got into the base, and another right after I got to pisspants.

no, because I used one on that mission to switch from day to night. did you low crawl from the power plant to the base?

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Ocelot's reason for being involved in all this is revealed in a cassette tape after you finish Mission 46.

haven't finished the game so i don't know all the crazy poo poo that happens (or doesn't) but i'm just going to assume his reason for being involved in all of this is because he's super gay for big boss. i mean come on though, who isn't?

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

krispykremessuck posted:

no, because I used one on that mission to switch from day to night. did you low crawl from the power plant to the base?

Nah I used the horse. I started the mission at night and the sun was just coming up as I got to the base, used a cigar right before I went in, sun was coming up just as I got to pisspants, used another cigar before I left that warehouse. What was the speed the ingame time passes at?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mike-o posted:

haven't finished the game so i don't know all the crazy poo poo that happens (or doesn't) but i'm just going to assume his reason for being involved in all of this is because he's super gay for big boss. i mean come on though, who isn't?

One thing I know for sure now is that no matter who Ocelot is taking orders from at a given time, he has always been working for himself. There's no huge overarching goal for him. He just likes playing the game.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

No. Look for a video on cut content for Mission 51 on youtube.

that mission looks amazing and it looks like it takes place on a new area, i am sad it got cut but i am not surprised why it got cut.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Finished mission 31. So that whole thing is done huh.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Leather Bear posted:

Finished mission 31. So that whole thing is done huh.

no

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I've been playing for half an hour and all I've been doing so far is micromanage my staff and play with the gun editor. Also staring at quiets tits and rear end while she gives me the I wanna gently caress you look.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

DD's fulton equipment is the most useful thing ever. You can tranq a bunch of dudes and hide in the shadows while he does pickup even if guards are watching.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

You're extracting him?

:getin::getin::getin::getin::getin::getin::getin::getin::getin::getin::getin::getin::getin:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
My dad, who has never played an RPG in his life to my knowledge, has begun obsessively min/maxing all the weapons in the game through the gunsmith.

He also got the hardcover game guide and printed out like 4 different FAQs

My mom is thrilled because he's stopped doing unnecessary home improvement projects

Kojima's masterpiece, making my mother no longer want to murder my dad

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Booblord Zagats posted:

My dad, who has never played an RPG in his life to my knowledge, has begun obsessively min/maxing all the weapons in the game through the gunsmith.

He also got the hardcover game guide and printed out like 4 different FAQs

My mom is thrilled because he's stopped doing unnecessary home improvement projects

Kojima's masterpiece, making my mother no longer want to murder my dad

I guess you have late onset autism to look forward to

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Kawasaki Nun posted:

I guess you have late onset autism to look forward to

He's been a Star Trek fan since he was in his teens, and builds a pretty intricate train-set with mini-town through their living room every Christmas. It's not late onset at all

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The best thing to have ever happened to your family is a petite Japanese man.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Leather Bear posted:

The best thing to have ever happened to your family is a petite Japanese man.

And a fat English one, we were given a poo poo ton of land in Georgia a long rear end time ago to just gently caress off and stop bothering the crown. Turned that in to a pretty successful plantation that's funded generations of idiots who want to live on the farm and for the ones smart enough to want to leave the opportunity to go to college. Unfortunately, our self-imposed eugenics have made the family that remains to run the farm retarded and it can no long fund anything aside from the used F-350s my idiot uncles and aunts continue to buy while collecting checks from the government to not grow tobacco.

That's how old money dies

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

vitamin the d posted:

Nah I used the horse. I started the mission at night and the sun was just coming up as I got to the base, used a cigar right before I went in, sun was coming up just as I got to pisspants, used another cigar before I left that warehouse. What was the speed the ingame time passes at?

I don't know, but I don't think the vape cigar adds to your time, though I'm not really sure about that. I did that mission in like 25 minutes with D Dog and A ranked it, only used the cigar once. Cursory internet search says phantom cigar use does not add to your mission time.

what the gently caress were you doing that took 2:40

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I think Skull Face took me like an hour and some change but that was mostly due to wanting to capture all the staff and stuff.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
God drat Eli is a little poo poo.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Did the airfield mission before that and I said gently caress it, went full battle rattle with everything. Quiet sniping dudes left and right, mortar strikes, blowing poo poo up with my MGS Stryker, Pequod wrecking poo poo with hellfires. I didn't even find the guy to kill and I just get a notice out of nowhere he was loving dead lol.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Also got dudes calling in Hinds on me for side ops when they spot me now :stare:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

gotta go fast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjjHMIYnm2Q

I have to admit that it's pretty clever. Once you hit the stairs you're free and clear.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Also prepare your body for MGO. There will be a Camp Omega map.

https://www.jp.playstation.com/blog/detail/1572/20150917_mgsvtpp.html?tkgpscom=dc_mgsvtpp_ps_tw_20150917

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Mike-o posted:

Did the airfield mission before that and I said gently caress it, went full battle rattle with everything. Quiet sniping dudes left and right, mortar strikes, blowing poo poo up with my MGS Stryker, Pequod wrecking poo poo with hellfires. I didn't even find the guy to kill and I just get a notice out of nowhere he was loving dead lol.

Metal Gear Solid: Soviet Slaughter Simulator is basically my favorite way of playing now

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Subsistence mode is hard

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Leather Bear posted:

Subsistence mode is hard

Holdups are your friend

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Leather Bear posted:

Subsistence mode is hard

it's also loving rad and I would 100% play the entire game that way if they let me for a trophy/achievement or whatever

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

OKB Zero on subsistence would be completely nuts and tons of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Subsistence is one of the few extra hard modes I actually find neat, because while it ramps up difficulty, it encourages a while new level of infiltration simulation.

Oh can anyone help me with farming tanks and missile launchers, what side ops or missions pre 29 are good for finding them?

Also so happy I spoiled 28 and 29 I would have been so pissed if I had waste tons of time trying to beat the skulls when you can just climb up the mountain and bypass them and for 29 D Walker going Gatzilla on them.

• Locked thread