Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Donald Trump
Jeb Bush
Scott Walker
Ben Carson
Ted Cruz
Marco Rubio
Mike Huckabee
Rand Paul
John Kasich
Chris Christie
Carly Fiorina
View Results

• Locked thread
EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Spiky Ooze posted:

"The debate, hosted by CNN, was held at the Ronald Reagan Library, where the 40th president is buried. The 11 candidates, spread less than two feet apart across the stage, met in front of Reagan’s presidential jet."

God they are loving creepy

This is idolatrous as all heck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

zen death robot posted:

I;m sorry the Nuclear Triad

i stick by what i said about her sounding like she knew what she was doing, even though she really doesn't. being able to spout out jargon like 'nuclear triad' and 'sixth fleet' and numbers of marines and what have you makes her sound like a president even though none of the sentences she makes with them actually make sense policy-wise

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
I think Trumps support will fade a bit. He looked really uncomfortable at times and constantly on the defensive.

Jeb looked like an idiot, but he'll gobble up the support Walker had when he drops out next week. Carly is going to soar, but like the products she shilled at HP will break and we'll need to buy a new one.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
prediction: remember how 2012 was pretty much every candidate getting 15 minutes' fame until the GOP as a whole was forced to settle on Mitt? I predict that it'll be the same this time around, except Trump will be in the lead all the time and everyone will keep trying to ignore that and focus on the candidate du jour, until they're forced to accept Trump as the GOP presidential candidate

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Constant Hamprince posted:

the weird thing is my mom is a 2nd generation dutch immigrant but i feel no connection to the netherlands. i guess its because i have a scottish last name and therefore can identify with a clan and all the romantic bullshit to do with that. no wonder the Jews are so close knit, they have their own religion, language and customs and on top of that they've been treated like dogshit for over a millennium.

That is true about the Jews. I've a last name that can be translated into like 3 other languages and my grandfather on my dad's side that I got the name from isn't my biological. I;m actually part easter European from some other guy I'm not supposed to know about. It is impossible for me to feel a connection to a homeland when I can connect to Ireland, Germany, Norway, Lithuania, English, and a 32nd or 64th native american (cherokee to be specific).

You know this is when we could get into a big discussion about white america culture/identity, but let us not at this time since it is not the thread and people here suck and will say there isn't one and whites need to die.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

How can Fiorina be getting a bump when she sounded like a science fiction dictator

Remember that time John McCain sang "bomb Iran" at a campaign appearance?

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

:lol:

Interesting to see Coulter going full :hitler:

"Conservative policy positions will become politically unattainable if we don't act to stem the tide of democratic-voting non-white hordes from entering America" is a straight up white nationalist talking point.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
by the way, the 'nuclear triad' is a real thing (the three means of waging nuclear warfare: missiles, bombers and submarines) and needs reinforcement. not because they are weak offensively like carly means but because the standards of the divisions that operate them that there are regular terifying incidents of negligence involving warheads getting 'misplaced' by the college dropouts in charge of them

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Deep Hurting posted:

I could see JEB! losing some support.

Hopefully because of his dumbass "My brother kept America safe" comment.

Jeb had moments, but over all looked kind of pathetic.

With that said he didn't bomb out and his pacs are about to spend something like $40 million on ads so I am sure he will move up a bit at Carson's expense.

Really tonight Carson was the BIG loser - Fiorina the winner. But she will last for only a month or two then Cruz will take her place as the NOT TRUMP.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Montasque posted:

Jeb had moments, but over all looked kind of pathetic.

jeb gleefully low fived a man who repeatedly insulted his wife and refused to apologize for it in front of a national audience

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I think Trumps support will fade a bit. He looked really uncomfortable at times and constantly on the defensive.

Jeb looked like an idiot, but he'll gobble up the support Walker had when he drops out next week. Carly is going to soar, but like the products she shilled at HP will break and we'll need to buy a new one.

Lol Walker won't drop out until he gets 3% in the Iowa caucus

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Brannock posted:

jeb gleefully low fived a man who repeatedly insulted his wife and refused to apologize for it in front of a national audience

In the words of /pol/ he got "cucked."

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
In order to stem the rise of radical Islam we we'll need 53 battalions of space marines

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

also fox is trying to make it seem like trump got owned, not that thatll do anything. frank luntz is doing his bullshit group thing trying to show that all the trump supporters have converted to carly.

all theyre going to achieve is to replace carson with carly

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
fiorna thinks she's a real candidate

oh god its adorable

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Brannock posted:

It was an acknowledgement of a good "you got me" you fun hating dork.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Delsaber posted:

Remember that time John McCain sang "bomb Iran" at a campaign appearance?

Yes but quoting a big chunk of the Pledge of Allegiance in the middle of a speech about the flaming sword of military justice laying waste to our enemies along with really detailed description of military forces just seems another level of crazy. I can see why everyone at HP referred to her as a witch.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

How can Fiorina be getting a bump when she sounded like a science fiction dictator

https://today.yougov.com/news/2015/09/09/could-coup-happen-in-united-states/

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

also fox is trying to make it seem like trump got owned, not that thatll do anything. frank luntz is doing his bullshit group thing trying to show that all the trump supporters have converted to carly.

i love fox desperately trying and failing to kill the monster it has created

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Agreed - Carly is the new Carson.

Also LOL at FOX for trying the same act. Wont work, sorry Ailes.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

I google near earth space objects

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Wait I thought republicans were freaking out about jade helm why do they say that they support a military takeover

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Wait I thought republicans were freaking out about jade helm why do they say that they support a military takeover

please be gentle we dont want any heads exploding

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Are troops

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

did you see all the break-time ads for Amazon's "The Man in the High Castle" or was that jsut CNNN GO

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

I've a boy in the military, so I'm safe.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

is it just me or did the republicans seem less crazy in 12?

or is it just that jeb is so bad that he can't drag them to their middle

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Spiky Ooze posted:

"The debate, hosted by CNN, was held at the Ronald Reagan Library, where the 40th president is buried. The 11 candidates, spread less than two feet apart across the stage, met in front of Reagan’s presidential jet."

God they are loving creepy

Thou shalt not speak ill of any fellow Republican.

I couldnt stomach the whole thing but was it observed?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

my bony fealty posted:

did you see all the break-time ads for Amazon's "The Man in the High Castle" or was that jsut CNNN GO

The CNN online stream didn't have any ads during the breaks.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

my bony fealty posted:

One Nation, One People, One Carly!

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012
Donald Trump and the Unphotogenic Zeros

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

In order to stem the rise of radical Islam we we'll need 53 battalions of space marines

We're Doomed

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

is it just me or did the republicans seem less crazy in 12?

We had Herman Cain with 9-9-9, Bachmann saying that Venezuela was going to nuke us, Newt advocating child labor and moon bases, oh and Ron loving Paul.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

CheeseSpawn posted:

Thou shalt not speak ill of any fellow Republican.

I couldnt stomach the whole thing but was it observed?

It was like three paragraphs and no.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Joementum posted:

We had Herman Cain with 9-9-9, Bachmann saying that Venezuela was going to nuke us, Newt advocating child labor and moon bases, oh and Ron loving Paul.

So yes?

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Constant Hamprince posted:

One Nation, One People, One Carly!

iCarly

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Joementum posted:

I guess, but they still seemed fringe candidates, not like "serious candidates that could somehow win this thing."

also don't hate on the moonbases

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Heil Cary

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

to be honest, the joint chiefs could probably do better than house republicans purely by not driving the country to the point of fiscal suicide because of planned parenthood

• Locked thread