Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Miko posted:

4am Free Agency doorcrashing: Dick move or Play to Win?

Even the shittiest of waiver claims beats you. If they wanted that player they should have put in a claim :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

MrSargent posted:

Who was your QB again? I think you might have been able to get more for Dez than a possible QB upgrade and Vincent Jackson, who is going to be a rocky option once Evans comes back with Jameis throwing him the ball.

I am telling my fiancee who has Dez in her league to see if there is any interest this week, and then wait until after week 2. Someone with 2 wins under their belt might get cocky about making the playoffs and overpay. I might be overanalyzing it but just my 2 cents.

Eli and Bradford. I know some people are down on him, but Russell Wilson was listed in most places as the third or fourth ranked QB before the season. I worry about his O-Line, but he does have Jimmy Graham now and it seems like they want to run a more up-tempo offense. I believe Russ threw a career high number of passes this week. Like I said before, Eli becomes droppable after this move and if Bradford actually does realize his upside, I can probably package him or Russ in a trade later down the line.

As for VJax, Tampa has one of the easiest (maybe the easiest?) schedules of the year. Even with Evans active and Jameis throwing to him, there should be a lot of targets for him. After this trade goes through, I'll have a bunch of WR2/WR3 types that may make setting lineups hard but I think there's plenty of value to facilitate future trades.

My feeling is most people right now are seeing these 4-6 week timetables for Dez that the team is putting out and once the common knowledge is more in line with the doctors' 8-12 week timeline, his trade value will tank even further. This may blow up in my face, but I think this move makes his team worse on top of making my team better and he won't even get to use Dez in the playoffs because he won't make it there.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Anyone want to talk Gurley with me?

I'm not expecting much if he plays but apparently he practiced in full today.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

LmaoTheKid posted:

Anyone want to talk Gurley with me?

I'm not expecting much if he plays but apparently he practiced in full today.

Yo! I own two shares. I'm going to sit on him this week since I'm in a position where I can afford to wait. I'm starting Tre in one league and :iiam: in the other. If Tre gets me 0 points, I'll be happy since it probably means Gurley is running away with the job.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Fantasy newb here. Should I drop Packers for Panthers def?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Chernabog posted:

Fantasy newb here. Should I drop Packers for Panthers def?

Panthers are a great play this week.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Yeah I have no plans to use him this week either but man it would be nice to not have to deal with L. Millers under usage in Miami if Gurley performs.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

old dog child posted:

Panthers are a great play this week.

Done.

Voyaging
Sep 5, 2014
2QB PPR League

Someone offered me DeMarco Murray for my Tony Romo.

My current QBs:

Russell Wilson
Tony Romo
Colin Kaepernick
(Teddy Bridgewater is available on waivers)

My current RBs:

C.J. Andersen
Frank Gore
Shane Vereen
Andre Ellington
Darren Sproles

My current WRs (relevant because of FLEX):

Andre Johnson
Brandon Marshall
Larry Fitzgerald
Roddy White

So DeMarco would basically either replace Frank Gore or allow me to run Gore at FLEX.

Good trade?

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Which shoukd I start Cardinals DST or Titans DST? Its though call.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

LmaoTheKid posted:

Yeah I have no plans to use him this week either but man it would be nice to not have to deal with L. Millers under usage in Miami if Gurley performs.

I just hope that Foles stays upright so Gurley will have a lot of running room. Really glad he's ready this early in the season. I was expecting him to be out a lot longer.

e:

Snatch Duster posted:

Which shoukd I start Cardinals DST or Titans DST? Its though call.

I like Titans better but you really can't go wrong here.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Sep 17, 2015

Enforka
Dec 24, 2004
I just had a genius idea for a fantasy league feature: "Free Agency Claims". The idea is that you would be able to set players to be picked up in free agency without wasting a waiver wire claim. Then you could automatically set to pick up players if they clear waivers.

Then I realized that if there were, people might put in multiple Free Agency Claims for the same players. And there would have to be a way to resolve them. Then I realized I've just reinvented waivers

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

old dog child posted:

I just hope that Foles stays upright so Gurley will have a lot of running room. Really glad he's ready this early in the season. I was expecting him to be out a lot longer.

e:

I like Titans better but you really can't go wrong here.

Thanks.

I need advice on flex, B Sankey or DeAngelo Williams? I have A Peterson in RB1 and F Gore as RB2.

Snatch Duster fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Sep 17, 2015

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Is it worth it to drop Markus Wheaton for Brandon Lafell?

3 WR 2 RB 1 FLEX

Currently starting Cobb, Landry, Keenan Allen, and Allen Robinson in the Flex. Lafell is out for a bit but i'm not sure how much upside Wheaton will have once Martavis comes back. Also have Le'veon Bell, Arian Foster, and Lamar Miller for RB's, so eventually the battle for Flex will come down to Miller, Robinson, or Lafell.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Do you guys recommend the Cardinals or Saints this week? I currently have the Saints and they go against Jameis in NO so that looked tasty, but would appreciate the more solid play. Chicago just has a way of gaining a lot of yards and scoring a lot, despite a couple turnovers.

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013
Am I right to be terrified of Demaryius Thomas? It seems like every time I get a legit WR1 they have a poo poo year out of nowhere...

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

I wouldn't really worry about DThom until after Week 3. Week 2 is kind of a throwaway, since QBs and WRs tend to do pretty lovely on short weeks, but if Peyton still looks like a geriatric after week 3, then yeah, it'll definitely be time to worry.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
It's a little early to be panicking, but Peyton arguably looking even worse than he was at the end of last year probably isn't super encouraging. DT should be fine though, he's an elite talent that'll find ways to get his, so even a disappointing year should still be ok.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Harold Cooplowski posted:

Am I right to be terrified of Demaryius Thomas? It seems like every time I get a legit WR1 they have a poo poo year out of nowhere...

He'll probably still end the year as a top 10 WR, but he'll give you hit and miss weeks this year i think.

I know the feel, the one year i drafted Julio Jones, he broke his foot. rip

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Should I drop Delanie Walker for Ladarius Green? Other options to drop are Tyler Lockett (PPR and return yards) and backup QB tannehill

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
As a guy who robbed a league mate blind after DThom had a slow start last year, don't worry about him.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

I wouldn't really worry about DThom until after Week 3. Week 2 is kind of a throwaway, since QBs and WRs tend to do pretty lovely on short weeks, but if Peyton still looks like a geriatric after week 3, then yeah, it'll definitely be time to worry.

I feel the same way... Last year I took B. Marshall. This year I have D. Thomas and Beckham Jr... Rip fantasy receivers.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
I've been shopping around Dez in my league and it looks like the only bite I got is Dez Bryant and James Jones for Keenan Allen and DeAngelo Williams. My only real hangup with it is the guy also has Aaron Rodgers, although I don't expect jones to have a whole lot of two touchdown games.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lol someone dropped allen robinson in my league

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
So this dude just offered me Luck and Martavias Bryant for my AJ Green and Victor Cruz. I have Mike Evans and DeShaun Jackson so obviously my WR group would take a hit for the short term- I'd be starting Agholor, Lockett and Tavon Austin this weekend if Evans doesn't play. My RBs are strong- Jamaal Charles, Lats Murray and Ameer Abdullah. I should accept right this second, correct?

Standard league, 3 WRs/1 swing

e: QBs are Sam Bradford and Eli

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Sep 17, 2015

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

warcrimes posted:

So this dude just offered me Luck and Martavias Bryant for my AJ Green and Victor Cruz. I have Mike Evans and DeShaun Jackson so obviously my WR group would take a hit for the short term- I'd be starting Agholor, Lockett and Tavon Austin this weekend if Evans doesn't play. My RBs are strong- Jamaal Charles, Lats Murray and Ameer Abdullah. I should accept right this second, correct?

Standard league, 3 WRs/1 swing

Depending on who your current QB is, actually i'd still probably say no, you'd be taking quite a hit to your WR squad for a QB upgrade that i don't think is worth it.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

warcrimes posted:

I should accept right this second, correct?

Probably, depending on your current QB. Also, are there any WR's on the wire that you can shore this weekend's lineup with? Agholor, Lockett, Austin seems pretty dreadful.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Yes, god yes. Scour waivers and see if there are any sneaky upgrades.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
QBs are Sam Bradford and Eli

The WW is pretty thin, top rated guys include Floyd, Stills, Bowe, Travis Benjamin, Jerricho Cotchery and Nate Washington.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

warcrimes posted:

QBs are Sam Bradford and Eli

The WW is pretty thin, top rated guys include Floyd, Stills, Bowe, Travis Benjamin, Jerricho Cotchery and Nate Washington.

Who is his other QB that he wants to trade away Luck? Can you include Bradford in a trade to him for Luck and keep AJ Green somehow?

On paper that trade is a win, but your short term WR outlook is absolutely terrible afterward. Doesn't matter if you win a trade if you end up 1-3 or 0-4 and have to claw your way back.

edit: if you have return yards, Lockett can maybe a starter short-term

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

coronaball posted:

Who is his other QB that he wants to trade away Luck? Can you include Bradford in a trade to him for Luck and keep AJ Green somehow?

On paper that trade is a win, but your short term WR outlook is absolutely terrible afterward. Doesn't matter if you win a trade if you end up 1-3 or 0-4 and have to claw your way back.

edit: if you have return yards, Lockett can maybe a starter short-term

His other QB is Brees. Obviously, AJ Green is the real target here, doesn't look like Cruz is playing this weekend and his WR is a mess. What about waiting a day or two to see if Evans plays?

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

VietCampo posted:

Call him out on it and report back here on his reply.
So I called it out as being bullshit, to which he replied that he thought the league settings change would not happen until next week. I don't know anyone in the league other than my friend, so I was a little hesitant. Eventually though, after some back and forth in which other people either backed him up or were indifferent, he brought up that "You shouldn't care because you already trade raped two people anyway" - aka to me admitting that he did it on purpose. He offered me my 20 bucks back and I could back out of the league, but I declined because I already have a stacked team with great depth (the league where someone drafted like all raiders) and it would be even more satisfying to win and take their money.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

If you are gonna move him, do it now. If not, Broncos have a nice Week 4-6 run (Vikings, Raiders, Browns) and I'll be holding onto my CJ Anderson and DT shares until after then.

cheese fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Sep 17, 2015

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

cheese posted:

So I called it out as being bullshit, to which he replied that he thought the league settings change would not happen until next week. I don't know anyone in the league other than my friend, so I was a little hesitant. Eventually though, after some back and forth in which other people either backed him up or were indifferent, he brought up that "You shouldn't care because you already trade raped two people anyway" - aka to me admitting that he did it on purpose. He offered me my 20 bucks back and I could back out of the league, but I declined because I already have a stacked team with great depth (the league where someone drafted like all raiders) and it would be even more satisfying to win and take their money.

Bitch commissioner. Trade rape has nothing to do with waivers. My friend/commissioner in the legendary 2 kicker league pulled that poo poo last year and when I called him out on it he reset it after all his friends backed me up. Maybe his friends are just idiots and douches. Win their money and quit the league 30 minutes before the next draft.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
No no no. You should have taken your 20 bucks back and left.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
gently caress that sorry rear end league and its lovely, cheating commissioner.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

warcrimes posted:

His other QB is Brees. Obviously, AJ Green is the real target here, doesn't look like Cruz is playing this weekend and his WR is a mess. What about waiting a day or two to see if Evans plays?

Yeah it will be hard to make it work for him. But he has shown the interest in trading Luck and (probably misguidedly) just going with Brees so I'd keep working with him. See if you can make a blockbuster that includes Luck and some type of running back exchange or something.

PyroDwarf
Aug 24, 2010

VDay posted:

Granted, I don't see how you'll get all 4 of those guys unless your league sleeps through the waiver process, but hey worth a try. In terms of waiver priority I'd do Eifert>Stevie>Mariota>Sankey.

I got Eifert and Stevie after the dust settled. 1st waiver order took Sankey... Then I grabbed Alex Smith off FA (I have Tannehill) and then I noticed that someone dropped Woodhead. Guess I know who I'm going after with my Ex-TE

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Got the guy to accept Mike Evans, Golden Tate, and Donte Moncrief for Demariyus Thomas....if Mike Evans' outlook is looking good tomorrow :ohdear:

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
Standard scoring:

Dropped the Panthers (already have the Rams) and picked up Karlos Williams.

Beasley, Moncrief, and B. Coleman are all still available on the wire.

Current bench consists of:

RB - LaGarette Blount
RB - Tevin Coleman
RB - Todd Gurley
[RB - Karlos Williams]
WR - Eric Decker
TE - Tyler Eifert

Any swaps worth considering?

[I also have P. Manning as my QB and am considering picking up a back-up: Kaepernic, Dalton, Bridgewater, and Hoyer currently available)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

Finally, a good reason to punch a teenager in the face!
^Beasley is currently the hotness of the week with Dez down. The only one I could legitimately say to drop for someone like that would be Gurley - Tre Mason is expected to be back this week.

Hold on to Eifert and Coleman right now.

89 posted:

Got the guy to accept Mike Evans, Golden Tate, and Donte Moncrief for Demariyus Thomas....if Mike Evans' outlook is looking good tomorrow :ohdear:

Yeesh. 3-for-1s are never fun. This is just me, but I'd withdraw it.

• Locked thread