Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Some easter eggs
Dear people that made that video: I don't think you're entirely clear as to what easter eggs are when two of your Top 10 are standard-gameplay Riddler clue solutions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Hmm so the game played fine for me, then I switched to WIN 10, now I get crashes at random intervals.
Shouldn't have switched I guess...

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Lamquin posted:

I'm new to the Batman series, so I have to ask. I just got to the introduction of the Riddler, and the first thing I see on the mission select screen is "0 / 243 riddles solved". To save the damsel in distress, do I have to complete all the riddles? I'm feeling massively overwhelmed by that number.

I mean technically this is incorrect there are not 243 riddles.

There are 243 trophies for riddles. Good news is there are over 300 'riddles'!

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Norns posted:

The batmobile is fine.

It sucks rear end, actually.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Dan Didio posted:

It sucks rear end, actually.

Nah, it's good.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
So any word on when the DLC comes out that gives us a bunch of challenge missions like in the last Batman games?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Well after opening up all 3 islands and progressing in the story I have a twofold opinion on the Batmobile.

First i though tit was all poo poo. However, later in the game it becomes less of a shoehorned in thing and actually is useful for driving around, as gliding can be a bit annoying an dtime consuming at times. Drivign, while it takes almost the same time, feels "quicker and easier" sometimes.

However, the road rage VR thingie and all the hunt down the APC missions still suck.
The fact that you drive behind 4-5 vehicles that shoot rockets at you while all you have is some wimpy lock-on weapon and a sideswiping motion is stupid, but it is even worse because the tracks are not really suitable for car chases with side swiping motion.
This drags them into ordeals while you wait to find a spot you can actually bump a car off the road without missing a turn. Also the fat heavy APCs are inexplicably as fast/faster than the Batmobile when you don't boost and as agile as well.

Some of the Riddler's car riddles are actually fun to solve (his races not really), but I could do without the tiresome car chases. Firefly felt easy to chase as you would expect in a supercar but those apcs are a nuisance, especialyl on Founders Island.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer

nickmeister posted:

So any word on when the DLC comes out that gives us a bunch of challenge missions like in the last Batman games?

The first one is already out.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Medium Cool posted:

The first one is already out.

How many missions did it add?

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

nickmeister posted:

If the first one is anything to go by, it doesn't look like it's happening. It's still maps limited to one or one pair of crimefighters.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

nickmeister posted:

How many missions did it add?

4 combat maps, 2 predator maps. The combat maps are fun but they aren't like the ones from Arkham City where you can play whoever you want, you are locked into one character.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
Why did they think it would be a good idea to release so few challenge maps? It just doesn't make any sense.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

dscruffy1 posted:

If the first one is anything to go by, it doesn't look like it's happening. It's still maps limited to one or one pair of crimefighters.

I'm holding out hope (though it doesn't look likely) that they're using the DLC to build out the design for such a system- we got an endless challenge, a dual hero challenge and a robots challenge with this one, maybe they'll keep building it out and then permit all characters in all challenges?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Pirate Jet posted:

Nah, it's good.

gently caress off, troll.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

nickmeister posted:

Why did they think it would be a good idea to release so few challenge maps? It just doesn't make any sense.

Because they can charge you for more later. I'm usually pretty lassez-faire on DLC, but yeah, that's pretty much exactly what's going on here.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
This is perhaps the biggest disparity between a game being so good at its at core and so bad with its release (PC bugs, DLC).

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

PoshAlligator posted:

This is perhaps the biggest disparity between a game being so good at its at core and so bad with its release (PC bugs, DLC).

I admit that I have a hard time thinking of another good (or reasonably good) game that got so immensely absurdly hosed up at release.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

I admit that I have a hard time thinking of another good (or reasonably good) game that got so immensely absurdly hosed up at release.

Mortal Kombat X, another disaster brought to you by WB Games.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Crappy Jack posted:

Because they can charge you for more later. I'm usually pretty lassez-faire on DLC, but yeah, that's pretty much exactly what's going on here.

Sure, I get that they're in it to make a buck... but surely they realize such a slow drip is going to lose a lot of customers? I mean, I haven't touched this game in weeks. Even if they release more challenge maps, I probably won't boot up the game again, because I've moved on. And with a sour taste in my mouth.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.

nickmeister posted:

Sure, I get that they're in it to make a buck... but surely they realize such a slow drip is going to lose a lot of customers? I mean, I haven't touched this game in weeks. Even if they release more challenge maps, I probably won't boot up the game again, because I've moved on. And with a sour taste in my mouth.

I kinda feel the same way, but I already bought the Season pass (despite not being able to use it yet on PC, and it being available cheaper since), so financially there's no indication of this to them.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

man nurse posted:

Mortal Kombat X, another disaster brought to you by WB Games.

And 9 was pretty hosed too since nothing was on disc/no compatibility downloads were made mandatory so there was like a month of no matchmaking working (and then a month of psn being down).

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

Saint Freak posted:

And 9 was pretty hosed too since nothing was on disc/no compatibility downloads were made mandatory so there was like a month of no matchmaking working (and then a month of psn being down).
To be fair PSN going down wasn't their fault. The 360 exclusive feature of "working online in the first month of release" was so much cooler than having Kratos.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
FINALLY!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

About loving time.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Called it. It'll be interesting to see what constraints there are on the combinatorics.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

welp that takes care of my biggest complaint with the game

I hope they patch in some more special take downs for harley and red hood

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
With any luck, particularly positive buz on that will give them a major hint on where to take DC Arkham style video games. Or at least anything involving Batman post Arkham Knight. Sad thing is I'm expecting the DLC to be buggy as poo poo because its almost too good to be true.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

I bet Season of Infamy will not be, as it should, about two thirds as big as the base game it will be a race against the villains in their own themed vehicles like Wacky Races.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Has any of the DLC come out for the PC yet? I was thinking about doing new game+ with the stability patches to see if there was a noticeable difference but only if the DLC was also available to play through.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Kin posted:

Has any of the DLC come out for the PC yet? I was thinking about doing new game+ with the stability patches to see if there was a noticeable difference but only if the DLC was also available to play through.
No.

edit: from yesterday:
https://twitter.com/Seftonhill/status/644295198131003392

redbackground fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Sep 17, 2015

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Medium Cool posted:

welp that takes care of my biggest complaint with the game

I hope they patch in some more special take downs for harley and red hood

Man everyone is just various degrees in quality when it comes to the effort they put into the models with Batman and Batgirl looking the best and Nightwing some emaciated cartoon

UnsuitableWasp
Mar 3, 2013
After playing the new challenge maps I don't know what I dislike more about Teen Titan- the new idea of a challenge being throwing you in a room with a constant flow of around 3 brutes, 3 guys with shields, a couple with guns, ninjas, medics and electrocuted mooks, or the fact that the camera goes batshit crazy trying to center on a goon loading their gun, getting ready to charge you, a ninja bouncing on the walls, or a brute picking up a goon to throw at me... I just hate how you tend to end up surrounded by a crowd of goons that all require a gimmick to hit- there is a thing as too much variety.
And Catwoman's challenge is just stupid- I want to punch robots, not dance from one end of the room to the other to flip a switch while tripping robots with the whip so I don't lose my combo.
I really miss the old wave format is what I'm saying... :(

And I wonder how will they handle characters without grappling hooks in situations with electrified goons when they release the October update.Catwoman and Harley are going to be a nightmare on the Robin challenge map.

UnsuitableWasp fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Sep 18, 2015

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
New Insider, with twice the yelling hyperactive Europeans to put you in a bad mood right away:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_GOSvOXGPE

(Dax and Gaz, these are Invader Zim characters, right?)

The Nightwing DLC looks like it's going to be pretty short.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Sep 18, 2015

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Jesus.

I can't believe I paid loving 40 extra dollars for this.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Why are these guys so overexcited 100% of the time?

redbackground posted:

The Nightwing DLC looks like it's going to be pretty short.

I thought that was more or less a given at this point.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Sep 18, 2015

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I thought that was more or less a given at this point.
Oh, I know.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

UnsuitableWasp posted:

And I wonder how will they handle characters without grappling hooks in situations with electrified goons when they release the October update.Catwoman and Harley are going to be a nightmare on the Robin challenge map.

If it's anything like past games, they will, in fact, be a nightmare. There are other ways to get rid of electified goons, of course- at a minimum, waiting, or not letting them get electrified. Medics are logically near the top of the enemy priority list as it is.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
My guess is Catwoman won't run into medics at all. If the character doesn't have an effective way of dealing with an enemy mutation, they won't include it.

Either that or Catwoman's whip will secretly be able to disperse the electric charge. I hope it's the latter because man I need that sort of variety in my punch man missions.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Ok, I seem to have missed the memo. The Batclaw disperses the charge? Good to know.
Edit: Which brings to my control complaint, why did they not use the same quickshot buttons like before? It is so much weirder now.

Also I am so glad that I did not preorder this and instead waited. I picked up the Delux edition (Harley+ 52 costumes + Season pass) 2 weeks ago for 17 €.
I wonder when full price customers theoretically can start suing if they fail to provide the DLCs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Looks like big head mode is coming to AK, too. (and will be off. announced next week)

comparison I whipped up of the normal title screen and a color-boosted pic RS just put up on Facebook announcing something BIG:

(The shoulders are exactly the same size in both)

redbackground fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Sep 18, 2015

• Locked thread