Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I sent you an invite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Lard Goat posted:

I don't know what the gently caress you are saying. My life has been hell for years but I am trying to get it under control. Maybe I misunderstood gip. I just want help, and the va is full of fucksticks that see my name on a computer screen but wont help me without paperwork. gently caress.

Yeah, most times real problems don't make their way over here. It took me a while to "understand" gip, but ultimately you never understand it. Just find new ways of self defecation and masterbation appreciation.

Honestly, HRC would be able to have a copy or something like that. That and I know this sounds like a long shot, but maybe see if your ako or Emilpo accounts are accessible so you can go and print off new copies?

The reason I ask this is if it's been 3 years your old chain of command has gently caress all to d with you now. And that's who you really need to be going through and not some Podunk red leg unit in FT Sill. They probably don't even have your paperwork

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

gip is an eternity of shamming in message board format

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Lard Goat posted:

I do have a gmail account: lardgoat. I hosed up, I smoked the gently caress out of spice to make up for the poo poo I went through. At the end I got nothing. I have a problem . i do make a good sum in my current business, but I miss my army bros so loving hard you will never understand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNmdqnFVAE0

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Hey Lard Goat, your service records, including your DD 214, are available online now. You can request copies at: http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Ahh, they found out I dropped an IRR packet and have now moved me from primary staff to working as the EN officer in the 3 shop. Drill is gonna be so shamtastic.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

psydude posted:

Ahh, they found out I dropped an IRR packet and have now moved me from primary staff to working as the EN officer in the 3 shop. Drill is gonna be so shamtastic.

Literally every time I said "this is going to be shamtastic" things got really gay.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Lard Goat posted:

I do have a gmail account: lardgoat. I hosed up, I smoked the gently caress out of spice to make up for the poo poo I went through. At the end I got nothing. I have a problem . i do make a good sum in my current business, but I miss my army bros so loving hard you will never understand

What unit were you in, and what dates

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Cole posted:

Literally every time I said "this is going to be shamtastic" things got really gay.

Being on non-primary staff is awesome. I spent my last AT doing night shift OOD for two weeks. Picked up a radio occasionally and otherwise did whatever the gently caress I wanted.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Drill for an HHC in the reserve components basically consists of about 7 people doing all of the work and the other 100 or so sitting around doing nothing.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
I was in the 101st and I was infantry so my perspective is probably way skewed.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

psydude posted:

Drill for an HHC in the reserve components basically consists of about 7 people doing all of the work and the other 100 or so sitting around doing nothing.

Tbh, same for a reserve petroleum supply co

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

psydude posted:

Drill for an HHC in the reserve components basically consists of about 7 people doing all of the work and the other 100 or so being forced to sit around doing nothing.
Ah there we go, that looks much better.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

psydude posted:

100% Truth.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

psydude posted:

Drill for signal unit with no equipment in the reserve components basically consists of about 7 people doing all of the work and the other 100 or so sitting around doing nothing.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

psydude posted:

Drill in the reserve components basically consists of about 7 people doing all of the work and the other 100 or so sitting around doing nothing.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

psydude posted:

Drill consists of about 7 people doing all of the work and the other 100 or so sitting around doing nothing.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Yo lardgoat wtf
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3741592#post450230318

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

Lard Goat posted:

I miss my army bros so loving hard you will never understand

seems like a weird thing to post in the army thread

you should also try getting sober

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

psydude posted:

Active basically consists of about 100 people doing all of the busy work and the other 7 or so sitting around doing nothing.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Zeris posted:

What unit were you in, and what dates

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

16/f/cali

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

24/X/SC

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

56/m/fuehrerbunker

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012
I heard on Facebook from an interested party zero 19k made the E7 list this year.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Good

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Wasn't there a shitload of them make the E7 list last year anyway?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Not surprised with all the older SSG tankers running around Harmony Church. Seems like there's a lot of E7 19D's though.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Mustang posted:

Not surprised with all the older SSG tankers running around Harmony Church. Seems like there's a lot of E7 19D's though.
There must be a lot of new E7 19D's, because of the (at least) two I know that made it this month, one is hot poo poo and should have been promoted a long loving time ago, and the other... probably not at all.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
loving with armor branch seems to be HRCs prime past time.

Everything from recruiting to promotions has been completely and totally hosed ever since I joined, and I imagine probably a good while before that.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Speaking of armor branch, whats with all the scouts that began their careers as tankers? A lot of the older scouts know quite a bit about tanks from early in their careers, I'm guessing the COIN environment over the last decade had something to do with it.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
HRC recruited way too many tankers. As it turns out, tankers can be MOS qualified as scouts with the flick of a pen. I was one of them.

And there you have it, now you have too many scouts.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
My squadron was armored recon even though we did neither ever. I can tell you're gonna have a fun time

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

not caring here posted:

And there you have it, now you have too many scouts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrGrOK8oZG8

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wl_uQOABxg

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009
http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...591442645114178

i couldn't have written this better:

quote:

“The Army cares whether you can shoot straight, not whether you are straight.”

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Do I tell this retarded boot why everyone is looking at him funny, or just let him figure it out like his "buddy"?

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Look deep inside yourself, the answer is in your heart pancreas or some poo poo.

E: Wait, does he have a mullet or something?

Suntan Boy fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Sep 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Apparently, retention in the Army Reserve is so poor right now that they've largely stopped transferring PT/height and weight failures and non-participants to the IRR.

Not sure if this extends to all other IRR transfers; if so, I'm going to be pissed.

• Locked thread