Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Playing MCH in a pre-30 dungeon is like pulling teeth.

Also I had gotten Steps 3 times in a row. Last night before I said that if it happened again I'd flip a table.

Instead I got Chrysallis :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

I believe, but could be wrong, that something like this would work for you:

/micon invigorate
/ac invigorate
/ac enliven

When you hit that the first time it will use invigorate. If invigorate is on cooldown it will use enliven.

While this technically does what you want, it's still going to cause some delay to your input. Macros use the game's text based input to trigger a skill, instead of queuing them up. Queueing a skill means that it will be used as soon as possible, while text input for skills are subject to input delay, which will vary depending on your ping, and animation lock. Without the macro, you will always use one of your healing skills as soon as the server says you can, but with a macro, you will have to mash the button in order to make sure that the skill goes off. If you care about either of those skills going off reliably, don't put them in a macro.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

SirPhoebos posted:

Playing MCH in a pre-30 dungeon is like pulling teeth.

Also I had gotten Steps 3 times in a row. Last night before I said that if it happened again I'd flip a table.

Instead I got Chrysallis :v:

I think since I've started trial roulette, I've only seen Steps and Chrysallis - but I don't know if I can complain because they've gone smoothly every time.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

seiferguy posted:

Man I thought the point of LDR was to have veterans help newbies through lower level dungeons. This goes against the entire point of it.

If one person has been in queue for a very long time, they might have it set up to just pair you with players of any level to get it over with.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Failboattootoot posted:

Well to be more specific, with no pvp abilities on I have 2 open spaces on 3 horizontal hotbars plus another horizontal bar and 3 vertical bars that are used across all my jobs. I don't want to add a fifth horizontal or a 4th vertical hotbar purely because my UI is cluttered enough as is nor do I want to start having to make really weird keybinds for them.

Have a picture.

I'd pull all the class swaps off except your top 3/4. Move over the chocobo buddy icons along with your strength potion and treasure map. Basically anything you don't hit during your average dungeon run. Jam packed hotbars are just a fact of life :(:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Thundarr posted:

If one person has been in queue for a very long time, they might have it set up to just pair you with players of any level to get it over with.

If that's the case, how hard would it be to program the game so that it queues the group for the highest possible dungeon level? I'd rather play Aurum Vale over another Tam-Tara (I may regret these words).

Sounds like remnants of 1.0.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

seiferguy posted:

If that's the case, how hard would it be to program the game so that it queues the group for the highest possible dungeon level? I'd rather play Aurum Vale over another Tam-Tara (I may regret these words).

Sounds like remnants of 1.0.

you silly goose, there was no duty finder in 1.0

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Failboattootoot posted:

Well to be more specific, with no pvp abilities on I have 2 open spaces on 3 horizontal hotbars plus another horizontal bar and 3 vertical bars that are used across all my jobs. I don't want to add a fifth horizontal or a 4th vertical hotbar purely because my UI is cluttered enough as is nor do I want to start having to make really weird keybinds for them.

Have a picture.

I just gave up and added two new vertical bars bordering the horizontal for pvp. Not the best looking solution but it works.

(empty space on top is pet bar)

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Looks like a paladin can clear A4S. And he was in a pug group no less.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1565418/achievement/

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dressup almost complete. Got my gamblers pants. They match perfect with the company tabard, imo. I still think my shoes are stopgap and would like some better gloves but these work for now.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

On the other side of roulette silliness, I haven't done 4-player Titan or Garuda since doing them for the MSQ.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

SirPhoebos posted:

On the other side of roulette silliness, I haven't done 4-player Titan or Garuda since doing them for the MSQ.

Count yourself lucky. Titan isn't too bad these days, but you will inevitably wipe multiple times to Story Garuda. I got dropped in Garuda a day or two ago, and we wiped 6 times before Vote Abandoning because the new person just could not get a hang of the mechanics.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Velthice posted:

you silly goose, there was no duty finder in 1.0

Never played 1.0, just attributed the poor design choices to sins of the past.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Mr. Nice! posted:

Dressup almost complete. Got my gamblers pants. They match perfect with the company tabard, imo. I still think my shoes are stopgap and would like some better gloves but these work for now.

you look like a goon

Thern
Aug 12, 2006

Say Hello To My Little Friend

Klungar posted:

Count yourself lucky. Titan isn't too bad these days, but you will inevitably wipe multiple times to Story Garuda. I got dropped in Garuda a day or two ago, and we wiped 6 times before Vote Abandoning because the new person just could not get a hang of the mechanics.

Don't blame the new people, old people forget the mechanics too since everyone is used to Garuda HM. That's why story mode is considered the hardest of the three.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Thern posted:

Don't blame the new people, old people forget the mechanics too since everyone is used to Garuda HM. That's why story mode is considered the hardest of the three.

Oh, certainly. I'm sure I caused at least one of the wipes as the Tank. I got carried through story mode on my clear after flailing against it a few times in DF, and haven't really touched it since outside of unlucky LLDRs. I've also only done Garuda HM and Garuda EX once, so I really just don't know anything about it.

Most of the wipes though we're with the new guy who just couldn't understand the necessity of standing behind pillars, or killing plumes, or not standing in the tornado, despite multiple deaths/wipes to these mechanics and explanations in chat.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Klungar posted:

Most of the wipes though we're with the new guy who just couldn't understand the necessity of standing behind pillars, or killing plumes, or not standing in the tornado, despite multiple deaths/wipes to these mechanics and explanations in chat.

bad players will be bad regardless of the instance (STOP KILLING THE BLASTING CAP!!! :negative:)

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

How do you not have enough hotbars? I'm just curious since you get 10 with the standard layout and with the cross hotbars for controllers there is enough room for everything as well.

Half of my hotbar room is vacant and I've got all my skills, pvp skills, armor sets, and a few other things on them.

The problem I have is that we have a split between horizontal and vertical. If I could rotate them it would be great.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Fun PVP fact: Purify is targetable.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Fister Roboto posted:

Fun PVP fact: Purify is targetable.

It also removes the grey Doom effect of Living Dead. If you can heal them up at all, you can save a Dark Knight that's 100% sure to die.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

For gearing up at 60: What should I prioritize with my currencies? Should i save my ESOs for a weapon and forgo the law/centruio weapon? Or would I be better to get that i170/i180 weapon asap and wait to see how my gear looks when I actually have enough ESOs to buy something?

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Law rains from the sky, but if you can get your Eso weapon quickly (PLD?) get that first and spend the law on the rest of the gear. Fill in as many slots with Alex gear as possible when you can.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009

Oxyclean posted:

For gearing up at 60: What should I prioritize with my currencies? Should i save my ESOs for a weapon and forgo the law/centruio weapon? Or would I be better to get that i170/i180 weapon asap and wait to see how my gear looks when I actually have enough ESOs to buy something?

Laws are absurdly common. Just get an i180 weapon until you can get an Eso weapon, which is definitly the first eso piece you should get.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

Get people to carry you through Ravana EX 10 times for a 190 weapon.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

ArtIsResistance posted:

you look like a goon

And this surprises you how?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

God drat I've wasted almost 10 years of my life on this stupid website. :smith:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Fister Roboto posted:

Get people to carry you through Ravana EX 10 times for a 190 weapon.

How hard is Ravana EX these days? I beat Bismark EX awhile ago, and told myself I would do Ravana whenever a group came up in FC / LS chat, but no one seems to want to do it anymore.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Hello fellow :regd05: er, I see I am not alone in this area!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Mr. Nice! posted:

You just made me wonder how long it's been for me and oh hey look at that :toot:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

seiferguy posted:

How hard is Ravana EX these days? I beat Bismark EX awhile ago, and told myself I would do Ravana whenever a group came up in FC / LS chat, but no one seems to want to do it anymore.

Hello fellow :regd05: er, I see I am not alone in this area!

Ravana isn't too bad if you have a group of people that know what they're doing. It's gear is obsolete, though, so people don't really need to run it.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

seiferguy posted:

Kind of like Titan Ex, it can be a slog to learn but once the party knows what to do you can just get in a groove and farm while you enjoy the music. It isn't run as much now, but it's still a good source of alt class weapons so you should be able to get it going in PF without much trouble.

Also like TEX used to be, trying to DF Ravana Ex may work but it probably won't.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Thundarr posted:

Kind of like Titan Ex, it can be a slog to learn but once the party knows what to do you can just get in a groove and farm while you enjoy the music. It isn't run as much now, but it's still a good source of alt class weapons so you should be able to get it going in PF without much trouble.

Also like TEX used to be, trying to DF Ravana Ex may work but it probably won't.

You can't DF Bismarck or Ravana yet. Pre-formed groups of 8 only.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Oops, didn't realize those weren't in DF yet.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Oxyclean posted:

The ~~optimal~~ thing to do is to get your eso weapon as soon as possible. Weapon damage is head and shoulders and torso and hips above every other stat. Of course, on the flipside that means you should get your law weapon first, too, rather than languishing with an i160 weapon for two weeks until you can buy an i200 eso weapon. Kind of sucks for feeling inefficient, but just think of it as getting something to hand down to a retainer.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Suitaru posted:

The ~~optimal~~ thing to do is to get your eso weapon as soon as possible. Weapon damage is head and shoulders and torso and hips above every other stat. Of course, on the flipside that means you should get your law weapon first, too, rather than languishing with an i160 weapon for two weeks until you can buy an i200 eso weapon. Kind of sucks for feeling inefficient, but just think of it as getting something to hand down to a retainer.

You're also going to be swimming in law while trying to get esoterics. Spend that poo poo. It's easy to get.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Suitaru posted:

Unless you're a scholar :smith:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

seiferguy posted:

I'm on a streak of four days in a row of Tam-Tara for LDR :shepface:

I've gotten Toto-Rak as my LDR at least 60% of the time since HW came out. It's awful.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

My last thee have been two sohm als and one normalflox. Now that selene has her aoe clense brayflox isn't even remotely a challenge on scholar now. Basically treat it like all the others at that level and stay in cleric stance pretty much all the time.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Unless you're a scholar :smith:

Why don't you have SMN gear as well? Even you main SCH, it's not hard to have all law gear for SMN/ACN that you can gift down to your retainer.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Weapon is really the only problem for SCH -> Retainer unless you're wearing AF gear anyway.

ed: disregard, forgot my how I actually had my retainers setup

nuru fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Sep 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

nuru posted:

Weapon is really the only problem for SCH -> Retainer unless you're wearing AF gear anyway.

Or at 50+ when the healing/dps split starts.

• Locked thread