Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Ra-amun posted:

Send help please.

I noticed my game steadily getting more pixelated while playing Equinox and figured out that the maim effect was somehow persisting every time I recasted it. This was after like 20x.

I think my gfx card might be dying. The red stuff only appeared after I casted Maim a few more times. Here's what it looks like without HDR though:

https://gfycat.com/AnotherBoringHarrierhawk
https://gfycat.com/SolidAnchoredAtlasmoth

The Real Void Starts Here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I was running a perma-Maim Equinox earlier tonight and never saw anything like that. I think that's just your video card begging for death, sorry bro.

Related, Clem is my new favorite NPC and i take back every bad thing I said about the twin grakata :allears:

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Sep 17, 2015

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

So is the Clem Clone or its blueprint reusable? If not I'm never gonna be able to bring myself to use it. :ohdear:

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

You get five clones, but the blueprint gets used up. :(

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Of course it does. The one drat Specter we might actually loving use, and its not reusable. Goddammit, DE. :negative:

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I was running a perma-Maim Equinox earlier tonight and never saw anything like that. I think that's just your video card begging for death, sorry bro.

Related, Clem is my new favorite NPC and i take back every bad thing I said about the twin grakata :allears:

I had my buddy turn on HDR and he was getting the same thing with the little red boxes with a much better card than my toasty little 560TI.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Yes, I was whining earlier about not being able to afford potatoes. In fact, I'm usually completely against buying cosmetic items.

I have absolutely no regrets. :allears:

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
Grineer are awesome. Give us a Grineer hub, Grineer NPCs, Grineer pets Grineer lore and Grineer quests please(all repeatable ofc).

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Of course it does. The one drat Specter we might actually loving use, and its not reusable. Goddammit, DE. :negative:

agree :argh: Can you trade it with other players?

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Malachite_Dragon posted:

DE_Steve senses a distance in the force.
Get your brakk parts now; it will not last.

Has anyone not done the first mission yet? The only Brakk part I need spawns from the G3 member there, and I only found out about this after completing it.

e: Nevermind

Cryophage fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Sep 17, 2015

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

This is great.

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
:siren: Orokin cataliyst alert :siren: 23hours to go

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

You mean a Potent Orokin Technical Augmentation and Tactical Offensive Alert.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Sandweed posted:

You mean a Potent Orokin Technical Augmentation and Tactical Offensive Alert.

Seriously this is the best goddamn quest. :allears: I've almost forgotten that DE are planning to gently caress multishot!

Oh god that was the point all along wasn't it? :tinfoil:

E: And thank gently caress the alert's a 24-hour one this time, I just called it a night.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

FunkyFlashman posted:

:siren: Orokin cataliyst alert :siren: 23hours to go

20 waves
Proxy War alert or whatever. All drones/moas, with Hyena NGs thrown in the mix (The fire ones?) and skinny Isolator Bursas thrown into the mix to.

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Sep 17, 2015

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Well, we get specter BP's from rescue, maybe it will be a reward for Uranus rescues at some point. I can't imagine even DE going "Welp, we made a special model for a specter, made an entire quest around him (with a new over-watch dude to boot), and gave out a finite number of BPs of said specter, we're done here!"

I also discovered that Uranus Sab caches can spawn underwater, even in those little dead-end ponds.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
Hopefully this alert means that corpus will get Hyena and bursa's in regular missions akin to heavy gunners and bombards. Corpus desperately need some enemy variation.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I legit like the bursas. They're honestly pretty cool enemies.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Yeah the bursas are a cool enemy. The event related to them was poo poo, though. It was sort of a poor introduction.

edit: I'm guessing it's pretty likely the wraith twin vipers will not come pre-potatoed since that's what they did last time when they gave out potatoes before the weapon.

double edit: Are they a worthwhile weapon?

RosaParksOfDip fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Sep 17, 2015

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

Anyone else cant login?

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

RosaParksOfDip posted:

double edit: Are they a worthwhile weapon?
They are great as long as you only intend to kill maybe three or four things with them per run

They actually do, or at least once did, have the best burst DPS in the game, they just had terrible sustained DPS. It was even worse when you factored in that it wasn't just reload time, that there was no way to use them full time against anything, even on short missions, with their hilariously bad ammo efficiency.

Basically it's a gimmick weapon that you shouldn't feel too bad about missing if they make them too hard to get this time around.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
Wraith vipers will be great after the ammo overhaul that will never happen.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Twin Vipers/Wraith Twin Vipers really need the same ammo pool size as Twin Grakata to be good for more than killing like six enemies per mission.

Anything you shoot will die, but due to the fire rate and ammo economy in general you can expect to only get one kill per reload.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Sounds like it's not even that great as a just for fun weapon if it runs out of ammo that fast. Oh well. More mastery to work my way to 12 for the sancti tigris.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

quote:

Hotfix 17.4.4

Fixed the G3 dropping unintentional items when killed in the Man of Few Words Quest. Some scenarios where the G3 are guaranteed to spawn have us removing their drops, this is meant to be one of them.
Called it :toot: No brakk parts allowed. And no mention of the Clem Clone blueprints being made available or reusable; "gently caress you for wanting an actually cool NPC Specter", I guess.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Sep 17, 2015

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

"Unintentional items" come the gently caress on this is the update after you made and indeed it's a fix for a quest based off a fan meme, admitting what the items were (especially when most players know anyway) is not going to make people think you're unprofessional and stop giving you plat.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Called it :toot: No brakk parts allowed. And no mention of the Clem Clone blueprints being made available or reusable; "gently caress you for wanting an actually cool NPC Specter", I guess.

I am super, super glad I spent most of last night grinding out the parts. Thank god my Nekros just came out of the oven.

Is there a single quest where DE hasn't overlooked some hilariously obvious exploit before pushing to live? Last time it was the infinite resource smorgasboard, now it's Brakk Parts "unintentional items" dropping freely.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Having done the Proxy Rebellion... not sure if it really deserves being called an event :effort: A special Alert, maybe. Certainly not 'tactical' level.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Ugh, curse my fragile mortal body and its need for sleep.I've been one Brakk part away from being done with that poo poo for EVER.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah this is hosed up. Really DE just let people have those loving parts come on.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Terbulus posted:

Anyone else cant login?

Not been able to login since Sunday!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'd be more upset if I wasnt having so much fun just playing MGSV instead.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

im so glad clem is in the game now. god bless you clem.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

SSNeoman posted:

Yeah this is hosed up. Really DE just let people have those loving parts come on.

:agreed:

The Brakk isn't even good enough to justify that grind anymore. Just make the parts tradeable, and be done with it.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

:frogsiren: Orokin Reactor Blueprint Alert for 90 minutes :frogsiren:

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Monkey King in the house

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

OK, so do I potato (or is it POTATO now? :v:) my Hek, which is only my second decent primary but may be wrecked by the impending multishot nerf, or my Orthos Prime, which is my first prime but I've got plenty of melee?

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

AlphaKretin posted:

OK, so do I potato (or is it POTATO now? :v:) my Hek, which is only my second decent primary but may be wrecked by the impending multishot nerf, or my Orthos Prime, which is my first prime but I've got plenty of melee?
I'd save it for now in case you get a weapon you like later on.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The new fire rate change affects Ashs bladestorm. Base weapon speed + weapon speed mods + berserker stacks + channeling attack speed mods. He is a blender now.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Aesis posted:

I'd save it for now in case you get a weapon you like later on.

I've got like 8 weapons I like sitting in my inventory waiting for 'taters, the two I listed are what I have it narrowed down to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You can usually get away without potatoing a melee weapon since slotting a stance will give you more points.

What other weapons do you have?