Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Require More Fire posted:

I'm super enjoying Firebug. I loved it in the first game but it's such a great trash clearer now.

What the story with FPs and Scrakes re: fire, are they especially weak to it or no? I'm not sure how to handle them as a FB yet, other than :flame:

The Microwave destroys Scrakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I'm super enjoying Firebug. I loved it in the first game but it's such a great trash clearer now.

What the story with FPs and Scrakes re: fire, are they especially weak to it or no? I'm not sure how to handle them as a FB yet, other than :flame:

Scrakes are weak as poo poo to microwaves and fleshpounds resist it but not to the extent that it's not worth it to help out with them

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
C4: toss blow up wait a few seconds toss again? or is that just for Hans

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

verbal enema posted:

Make sure a target only eats on C4 explosion every couple of seconds, otherwise you lose out on a bunch of damage. Ideally, stick the C4 to the big guys and then detonate when you get a Zed Time. The radiation will waste the target. Don't use them on Hans.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

verbal enema posted:

minimum of 3 seconds between detonating C4 but you can throw out as many as you like as rapidly as you like. You'll just notice it the most on Hans because of how much HP he has.

before you say "wow, that's dumb as poo poo," we all agree

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

verbal enema posted:

It's a three second period where they have resistance over another C4. Stick two or three on them and just count the seconds and you can handle most anything.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Ideally, stick the C4 to the big guys and then detonate when you get a Zed Time.

I'd love to but the game seems to enjoy placing me with teammates who kill everything but sirens that hang around the Scrakes and FP's

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

verbal enema posted:

I'd love to but the game seems to enjoy placing me with teammates who kill everything but sirens that hang around the Scrakes and FP's

Get 15 Demo, then your explosives are immune to Sirens. Seriously folks, if there's one perk that you "cheat" in leveling up, let it be Demo.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

verbal enema posted:

It's weird how many people run away from sirens. Especially people with shotguns. Rush that psycho and blow her head off. You'll take like 3-5 pts of damage at most if you do it right

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Get 15 Demo, then your explosives are immune to Sirens. Seriously folks, if there's one perk that you "cheat" in leveling up, let it be Demo.

Ahhhh I want to but ahhh maybe I will

I'm 8 now and gently caress 7 levels to get that amazing perk oh man that'd be nice.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Away all Goats posted:

It's weird how many people run away from sirens. Especially people with shotguns. Rush that psycho and blow her head off. You'll take like 3-5 pts of damage at most if you do it right

As a Firebug, Sirens and Husks are the two zeds I charge with my Trenchgun. They're just dangerous/annoying enough to warrant attention and outside of panicked "OH GOD THERE'S A SCRAKE IN MY FACE" moments it's really not a Firebug's job to worry about the big dudes beyond adding a bit of damage here and there until you get the Microwave Gun.

Once you do have the microwave gun though it's my job to get into every big dude's face and start loving with them with a mixture of the airblast fireball and the bonus stumble from Heatwave (aim for the heads to cause even more knockback).

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I like how the Firebug is a more effective trash man that lights everything and takes assist kills with everyone else's work. They're not the most effective against FPs or Chainsaws on their own, but they can kite like anyone else by meleeing them when they're dancing around and keeping them lit while the zerker takes a claymore to them.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Theta Zero posted:

It's a three second period where they have resistance over another C4. Stick two or three on them and just count the seconds and you can handle most anything.

If you stick some to a zed and it dies before you detonate, does the C4 sit on the ground waiting to blow or do you lose it?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

verbal enema posted:

Ahhhh I want to but ahhh maybe I will

I'm 8 now and gently caress 7 levels to get that amazing perk oh man that'd be nice.

Find a Hans leveling server and do it in less than 5 minutes.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Gromit posted:

If you stick some to a zed and it dies before you detonate, does the C4 sit on the ground waiting to blow or do you lose it?

I believe it falls to the floor.

Away all Goats posted:

IMO Berserkers are presently the best-suited to dealing with Sirens and Husks. A strong attack from either the Pulverizer or the Zwei should one-shot them.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
I cheated Demo to 15 and I have no regrets. That skill should either be a level 5 choice, or a percentage chance rising with level (25% + 3%/level?).

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
gently caress it I'll do it. Who cares anyways. My personal skill is still trash so who cares

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Firebug is a very lucrative position. I can normally get a microwave by like wave 4 or 5 if I'm careful and have a good team. After that I become the team bank. You get a taste of just about every kill that happens. Also scrakes just melt to the microgun. But remember (as I normally forget) you are very squishy, which is to counter balance that. So if you decide to run down a hall melting poo poo make sure you don't get surrounded or you're hosed. But yeah. Super fun man.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

I cheated Demo to 15 and I have no regrets. That skill should either be a level 5 choice, or a percentage chance rising with level (25% + 3%/level?).

Yeah it really should come earlier, maybe at level 10 since both the lvl 10 perks seem kinda "eh", and by then I got furious just how much the Siren is a wet blanket for the Demo. It just becomes not fun to play when there is one Zed who counters exactly everything you do.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
They should have just named them Scrapes and given them a spatula-hand so people don't get confused :colbert:

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
free hugs man
spider man
fire man
invisible woman
chainsaw man
angry glow man
"gently caress slashes, seriously"

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
I still can't get over "I'm delicious!" and think of gorefasts as gingerbread men.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

Getting into KF1 during an xmas event and then going back to vanilla models was a bit jarring.

Have the devs said anything about holiday events during EA?

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Gonna assume that those are asset production manhours that are currently better allocated to the core game.

but yeah the Kf1 event themes were magical. So much great voicework too.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
That question was asked during the PAX panel and the answer was pretty much that they need to finish the game first but will probably do holiday events after that.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
It's a shame they can't/won't just port over the original models, the christmas ones were really good looking, plus I miss being a chicken man.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

QwertySanchez posted:

It's a shame they can't/won't just port over the original models, the christmas ones were really good looking, plus I miss being a chicken man.

Different engines. I imagine it'd be more work than it's worth right now considering half of the classes and two bosses aren't even in the game yet.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I assume there's probably a way to import unreal 2.x assets (like models or associated textures and animations) into a UE 3 context but you'd likely have to manually re-associate all the old bones/animations - and who says that's even possible without remaking parts from scratch if the KF2 models/animation engine has a much more complex setup? - and possibly debug custom shaders to even make it work as a lovely proof of concept. This means investing days or weeks of work into something that would end up looking jarringly horrible and outdated even as a joke, so there's a trillion more important things the devs have to work on.

Course with the workshop and UE sdks out there some fan could probably create a few reskins by ripping those old textures. Someone even linked an old KF2->1 scrake reskin (that looked like poo poo) in this thread a while ago.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Oh man, what the hell are they going to do for the first Halloween Event?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's either nothing or something minor. Lots of stuff left to make and creating assets only becomes more expensive as tech level increases.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
dear thread

I'm super enjoying Firebug

this post was basically created for 'great username/post combo' hth

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I'm surprised they were planning to add three perks (but reduced them to two due to the Berserker rework). They might actually have all perks into the game by December!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Ravenfood posted:

I still can't get over "I'm delicious!" and think of gorefasts as gingerbread men.

Snowman Husks were my favourite, because their model actually helped you headshot them as a Sharp :v: However the Stone Cold Ice Armor Scrakes were loving TERRYFYING.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Azran posted:

I'm surprised they were planning to add three perks (but reduced them to two due to the Berserker rework). They might actually have all perks into the game by December!

They said making all the flame, explosion, and microwave assets for enemies took a lot of time and the other perks will roll out sooner now. They just need to add guns and perk variables.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Yeah, Gunslinger and Sharpshooter don't exactly add new mechanics compared to the Firebug/Demolitionist needs, they shoot bullets that kill guys, though I imagine it will be a challenge to balance them so they each have an useful role without making other perks useless.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I wish someone would make a mutator that has all of the zeds spawn and stay as puffy as they do right before they're killed with the Microwave Gun. It'would be funny and strangely adorable.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Yeah, I am pretty sure Demo is the worst perk right now but it shouldn't need anything more than number tweaking to make it better, unlike the Zerker's rework.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Azran posted:

Yeah, I am pretty sure Demo is the worst perk right now but it shouldn't need anything more than number tweaking to make it better, unlike the Zerker's rework.

I think every class should have some baseline class "ability" like the zerk, i.e. not grabbed by clots. Demo should just say "explosives not affected by the siren".

Everything else about the Demo is amazing. If anyone is having trouble with the class, try and change your playstyle. Stick closer to team mates. And get really good at not blowing yourself up while fleeing from groups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I think there are two main problems with the class, Sirens aside.

1) The default gun isn't too hot, which hey shouldn't be a problem except for

2) It will take you many rounds to replace it. C4s are the next thing, they can't be stacked to detonate all at the same time because it means you lose damage, and once you use them you are back to the pistol.