Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

alg posted:

Practiced for the tournament on Saturday tonight. 3 people playing the same Jedi/Sith decks that have been common for a year+ :/

Your group had this problem before, right? We haven't even gotten the latest pack and Nar Shadda Drift completely shook up our meta again. Large Jedi are on the backburner again and fighters with Talon Rolls and a couple tactics icons are super good. I think the biggest issues with Jedi is that MTFBWY is still an amazingly strong objective which gets around tactics. Palp is still good but Vader's set is really not very strong at the moment because the chances of vehicles is pretty likely too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Yup. MTFBWY and that Teras Kasi objective wrecked me twice.

Gonna play Sleuth Scouts just to gently caress with people

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
Poland Nationals really surprised me in terms of diversity. There were Rebel Speeders, TIEs, a Trooper deck, a tri-color deck*, Sith with Repair & Refurbish to complement Thrawn, Rebel Capital Ships with Jan Ors thrown in for some reason (and I think Gamor Run?). Myself I went with a Talon Karrde deck (I know no fear) and Black Sun Scum with 8 different sets (it made much more sense than it sounds like). Yeah, there were plenty of Jedi** and Sith, but overall it was a really cool and interesting event regarding the decks used.

* Ok, this is kinda cheating because the third color was the Tattooine crash.

** Surprisingly, while A Hero's Beginning proved very popular, pairing it with the Falcon did not. As an aside, Moisture Vaporators are ridiculous with Freeholders, especially in multiplayer, where both opponents trigger your resource.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.
Lost a game on round 1 to the infinite Hobbie combo. I was kind of stunned that FFG hasn't errated it.

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!
Infinite Hobbie combo?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

frgildan posted:

Lost a game on round 1 to the infinite Hobbie combo. I was kind of stunned that FFG hasn't errated it.

can you explain

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!
Ok, I think I found it. You need A Hero's Trial in play, Rogue Squadron X Wing with Hobbie attached, and Well Paid in hand. Play Well Paid, and you can discard and reattach Hobbie at will during conflict for infinite attacks. It's an infinite combo, but it requires all three factions and four specific cards. I can see it being unfun to play against if it goes off, but I'd imagine the deck would be pretty janky otherwise.

e. If FFG decides this needs errata, I hope they just put a limit on something rather than resorting to the restricted list.

FishFood fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Sep 17, 2015

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.

FishFood posted:

Ok, I think I found it. You need A Hero's Trial in play, Rogue Squadron X Wing with Hobbie attached, and Well Paid in hand. Play Well Paid, and you can discard and reattach Hobbie at will during conflict for infinite attacks. It's an infinite combo, but it requires all three factions and four specific cards. I can see it being unfun to play against if it goes off, but I'd imagine the deck would be pretty janky otherwise.

e. If FFG decides this needs errata, I hope they just put a limit on something rather than resorting to the restricted list.

Yup this was it exactly. I mean the chances of pulling it off are slim and yes it's janky as all hell but still wiped me out on round 1 and I had no defence.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

PaybackJack posted:

We haven't even gotten the latest pack and Nar Shadda Drift completely shook up our meta again.

A bit late, perhaps,but could you elaborate on what you guys cooked up with this set?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Lichtenstein posted:

A bit late, perhaps,but could you elaborate on what you guys cooked up with this set?

I was running something along the lines of:

Tat Crash x1
Nar Shaada Drift x2
Counsel of the Sith x2
Black Squadron Assault x2
Black Squadron Formation x2
Reconnaissance Mission x1

Jawas/Racing Swoops/Cut Off keep your opponents units locked down so your Tie Advanced/Vader's Tie, can destroy objectives. You have Twists, lots of tactics and you can cheap out objectives with a single fighter using BSA or Black Market Exchange. Recon gives you a couple great pieces of fodder for Black Market. Race Circuit Champion is a cheap strong defender as well. The deck usually either comes out really well, but when it dies a death it dies. I've found it really good against Jedi because they can't really handle tactics and particularly Cut Off is just devastating for them. MTFBWY is sadly still one of the better objectives against but what are you going to do, that objective set is just amazing. Anyway, this deck is really strong against a deck that peaks on turn 4 because this deck will force a turn 3 victory for the LS in most of the games I've played with it. If your opponent is light on stars and running a deck that can't flood the board with blockers: it's going to be in trouble.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Sep 18, 2015

alg
Mar 14, 2007

PaybackJack posted:

I was running something along the lines of:

Tat Crash x1
Nar Shaada Drift x2
Counsel of the Sith x2
Black Squadron Assault x2
Black Squadron Formation x2
Reconnaissance Mission x1

I stole this deck and went 4-2 to tie for second at an 8 man tournament today. My light side deck won every game but this deck lost two. It was interesting but the games where I lost I just couldn't draw enough units to stem the tide of Rebel fighters enough to let Vader's TIE do some damage to enemy objectives.

My LS deck was Sleuths. With Han and the Blockade set they are so fun.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

alg posted:

I stole this deck and went 4-2 to tie for second at an 8 man tournament today. My light side deck won every game but this deck lost two. It was interesting but the games where I lost I just couldn't draw enough units to stem the tide of Rebel fighters enough to let Vader's TIE do some damage to enemy objectives.

My LS deck was Sleuths. With Han and the Blockade set they are so fun.

Rebel fighters are definitely really good at the moment, I've been using this against a Jedi field. Against Rebel fighters, change affiliation to Scum and drop the Counsels for Slave Trades. The extra damage and cheap units will help more than the card draw from Counsel. We just got the new pack and the new Rebel and Smugglers objectives are really good. The first deck I built this weekend, crushed the deck I just posted on turn 2 because Well Paid is amazing. I'm guessing you guys have had Jump to Lightspeed for a while, we just got it this week and this weekend was our first time to test it out.

Rebel deck is was:

Smugglers Affiliation
Attack Pattern Delta x2
Rogue Squadron Assault x2
That Bucket o' Bolts x2
Prepare for Evacuation x2
Heroes of the Rebellion x2

I considered Across the Anoat Sector for Sleuths but since our meta has been so heavily dominated by Fighters they didn't seem that useful in comparison to everything in PfE being really helpful in my meta.

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.
So, it's been a while, but I stopped playing during the Hoth cycle, before the first deluxe expansion. What are *the* expansions to pick up right now?

ConorT
Sep 24, 2007

Feeple posted:

So, it's been a while, but I stopped playing during the Hoth cycle, before the first deluxe expansion. What are *the* expansions to pick up right now?

Between the shadows, Imperial Entanglements which releases next week, and join us or die just for the 'may the force be with you' objective set.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

@Alg, after seeing the top 8 from Nationals I feel your pain. Jedi seems too strong still and has enough force control and blast that it can walk through fighters and still win after losing of its own 3 objectives. I apologize for being dismissive of your situation with your playgroup and hope that there's at least a couple people in it that are willing to shake things up and try some of the new decks. I guess seeing Thrawn in a Sith deck is some kind of progress.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

Myself I really like the Unfinished Business-Falcon combo, because as a Scum player it allows the Snoova to really go to town on the space wizards.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

PaybackJack posted:

@Alg, after seeing the top 8 from Nationals I feel your pain. Jedi seems too strong still and has enough force control and blast that it can walk through fighters and still win after losing of its own 3 objectives. I apologize for being dismissive of your situation with your playgroup and hope that there's at least a couple people in it that are willing to shake things up and try some of the new decks. I guess seeing Thrawn in a Sith deck is some kind of progress.

Haha, no worries. I'm thinking if they restricted MTFBY and have Rebels/Smugglers reliable ways to generate shields the ease of playing Jedi/Sith would even out.

MTFBWY is the key. It just makes every other Jedi set even better.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

alg posted:

Haha, no worries. I'm thinking if they restricted MTFBY and have Rebels/Smugglers reliable ways to generate shields the ease of playing Jedi/Sith would even out.

MTFBWY is the key. It just makes every other Jedi set even better.

If they add MTFBWY to the restricted list there's almost no Jedi decks that would be able to use it.
It's already been errated to only work once a round. It's powerful but not enough to be game breaking like before the errata.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

frgildan posted:

If they add MTFBWY to the restricted list there's almost no Jedi decks that would be able to use it.
It's already been errated to only work once a round. It's powerful but not enough to be game breaking like before the errata.

Having 4 cards that put Yoda into play off 2 sets was still a terrible idea. Then add in a 0 cost 2 force icon unit, a resource, and a Seeds is loving amazing. Even at once a turn it still solves Jedi's biggest problems which is dropping a giant unit and then being forced to choose between attacking or taking the force.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

I still have no idea how Nudj made it through playtest

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Preview for So Be It is up!

Gladiators! Ewoks! Ackbar! Excitement!

The Sithspawn set looks pretty cool, too. I'm sad it's Limit One so we can only have one of the Event and Resource, but three Units is pretty nice. Also happy to see more Sithspawn stuff so Pic and Gorc aren't by themselves. Combined with The Hutt's Menagerie, maybe we'll see some wacky DS Creature decks become a thing.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Replacing Sith sets 1 pod at a time. Why is Imperial Entanglements still not out(comes out today according to CSI).

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Imperial Entanglements is here! I've already put together the first of many stupid decks:

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Star Wars Deckbuilder

Total Cards: (50)

Affiliation:
Smugglers and Spies

Objective: (10)
2x A Hero's Journey (Core 1-1)
1x Forgotten Heroes (Core 3-1)
2x Questionable Contacts (Core 15-1)
2x May the Force Be With You (Join Us or Die 112-1)
1x A Hero’s Beginning (Chain of Command 161-1)
2x Honor Among Thieves (Imperial Entanglements 174-1)

I want to play lots and lots of events. Also Han. Haven't played with Han in a while.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I guess neither of these are super surprising:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Swagger Dagger posted:

I guess neither of these are super surprising:

Well at least we're seeing Navy get a time in the sun. Hopefully Endor will give Rebel a boost.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I have a feeling that the Smugglers are so high because of people just splashing it into Jedi.

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!
I dunno, pilot Han makes for a pretty brutal sleuth scout deck.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Pilot Han got restricted so he doesn't work with Dash anymore :(

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

I am a bit annoyed at how much errata there is in this game.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Lichtenstein posted:

I am a bit annoyed at how much errata there is in this game.

Yup. It sucks to try and build light side decks right now.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

alg posted:

Pilot Han got restricted so he doesn't work with Dash anymore :(

That's the problem with their restricted list is that it grows it will prevent a bunch of playable combos to stop one overly powerful combo. The easiest solution was to errata Hobbie or Hero's Trial to once per turn to stop that infinite combo, instead they throw two more objectives on the list and it makes for more of a head ache. Normally I'm a fan of errata, but the restricted list is about the worst way to go about it since it's really lazy.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

Given how trigger-happy ffg is with regards to the restricted list, it's a minor miracle Vader & Palp stay legal.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

new Preview up! https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/11/9/press-the-attack/

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

World Champion decks

Decklists were:

Jedi
2x May The Force Be With You
2x The Survivors
2x A Hero's Trial
2x A Hero's Beginning
1x Mysteries at the Rim
1x Journey to Dagobah

Scum
2x Behind the Black Sun
1x All Out Brawl
2x The Emperor's Web
2x Fall of the Jedi
2x Counsel of the Sith
1x Agent of the Emperor

Jedi is pretty standard, I didn't see Mysteries at the Rim as being good enough to include but it does help the problem of enemy tactics icons.

I like the mix of All out Brawl and Behind the Black Sun into the standard Sith stuff.

Darius099
Dec 18, 2005

Ogion went on a halfmile or so, and said at last, 'To hear, one must be silent'.
So I have the base set of this and my friends and I have really enjoyed playing it so far. Are there any highly recommended expansions (especially the smaller ones) to pick up, generally speaking? I like starships (especially rebels and/or capital ships), and like the idea of both scum/villainy and the smugglers, but I'm pretty open since I want a good variety of decks.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Darius099 posted:

So I have the base set of this and my friends and I have really enjoyed playing it so far. Are there any highly recommended expansions (especially the smaller ones) to pick up, generally speaking? I like starships (especially rebels and/or capital ships), and like the idea of both scum/villainy and the smugglers, but I'm pretty open since I want a good variety of decks.

For Scum I would grab the 3rd Deluxe, Between the Shadows which is Jedi/Scum focused. For Pilots, everything in the last Cycle, the Rogue Cycle, is based around ships and pilots, though the Scum didn't get particularly good stuff there. For Smugglers you'll want the first Deluxe expansion Edge of Darkness, although you'll want 2 of them.

For individual packs, Lure of Darkness for Dash Rendar, and Knowledge and Defense for Slave Trade are both pretty good.

ConorT
Sep 24, 2007

Box art for the next deluxe expansion

http://www.cardgamedb.com/forums/uploads/monthly_12_2015/post-25500-0-09241500-1449499254.png

Only registered members can see post attachments!

alg
Mar 14, 2007

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/12/9/descend-to-endor/

This new droid stuff looks really fun

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

I saw that a few days ago but I couldn't remember where so I'm glad they put this up. This set looks ridiculous with the Guri set and All out Brawl. That said the objective is pretty awful as LS doesn't have a ton of Targeted Strike at the moment, certainly not compared to the DS now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It's a Life Day Miracle!

Look at the restricted list first.

• Locked thread