Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I went to Memphis for law school so I'm hoping to go 2-0 against you.

rude :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Has anyone posted this video of Arky fans turning on one another and descending in to violence in the aftermath of the Toledo loss?

https://www.facebook.com/earldeshon.atkins/videos/10154105505963943

Also wow just drop any and all trash on the ground like a animal you pieces of poo poo

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
Jake McQuaide graduated from OSU in Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering. He's the Rams long snapper, so just another failed rocket scientist.
https://engineering.osu.edu/news/2014/09/engineering-nfl-career

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

I normally like BGSU except for the Urban connection!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

The Twinkie Czar posted:

Jake McQuaide graduated from OSU in Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering. He's the Rams long snapper, so just another failed rocket scientist.
https://engineering.osu.edu/news/2014/09/engineering-nfl-career

maybe it is his extensive knowledge of launch trajectories that has made him a successful long snapper?

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

MourningView posted:

Jake Rudock was and presumably still is like Bio Chem major or some poo poo who claims he's going to medical school. Meanwhile true team player CJ Beathard is a recreation studies major. I'm not saying a QB needs to be stupid, but I know only one of these people lost to Iowa State as a starter.

Brent Musberger used to go nuts over how Craig Krenzel was a molecular biology major. He decided to parlay that into being a radio commentator and a partner at a Columbus insurance firm where I assume his job is pretty much "Hey remember when I won the national championship? How would you like some insurance."

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Thermos H Christ posted:

Has anyone posted this video of Arky fans turning on one another and descending in to violence in the aftermath of the Toledo loss?

Also wow just drop any and all trash on the ground like a animal you pieces of poo poo

Probably talkin poo poo bout his truck, bo :colbert:

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

DJExile posted:

comm degree bros :smith::respek::smith:

also I didn't realize how many points Memphis put up in their first two games. Their game with us this week gonna be a fuckin' track meet :cool:

Playing Kansas should heavily qualify any early season offensive numbers imo

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Thermos H Christ posted:

Have you ever been to Arkansas? That's pretty much what it looks like everywhere.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I normally like BGSU except for the Urban connection!

less rude :shobon:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Brent Musberger used to go nuts over how Craig Krenzel was a molecular biology major. He decided to parlay that into being a radio commentator and a partner at a Columbus insurance firm where I assume his job is pretty much "Hey remember when I won the national championship? How would you like some insurance."

Robert Smith made a big deal about how he wanted to take pre-med courses and was retiring from the NFL early so he could go to med school and all that poo poo and now he's doing the same dang job that Professional Handsome Idiot Jesse Palmer is doing and is less successful at it to boot.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

MourningView posted:

Robert Smith made a big deal about how he wanted to take pre-med courses and was retiring from the NFL early so he could go to med school and all that poo poo and now he's doing the same dang job that Professional Handsome Idiot Jesse Palmer is doing and is less successful at it to boot.

He was always talking about how he wanted to go to med school when he was at Ohio State and there was some big deal where he quit for a year because one of the coaches told him to skip class for football stuff. I thought he was an rear end in a top hat at the time because I was 12 and stupid. He probably looked at the cost and the time commitment to become a a doctor and thought gently caress that. Good for him for getting out of the NFL while still being able to walk.

I'm convinced that ABC wanted to say "HEY LOOK EVERYBODY WE HAVE AN NFL PLAYER ON THE BACHELOR" and offered Jesse Palmer a lifetime contract if he would go on that show.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

MindlessHavok posted:

Have you ever been to Arkansas? That's pretty much what it looks like everywhere.

Yeah, we have a bunch of really pretty nature stuff, and a ton of assholes who like to throw their trash in the pretty nature stuff.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

No one cares about degrees

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
My friend had a creative writing class with EJ Manuel once freshman year. EJ wrote a short story about an old man who built a house out of roses. EJ will always have my ~heart~ for that.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

PrinceRandom posted:

No one cares about degrees

The last 3 or so pages say differently, jerk. :colbert:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

MindlessHavok posted:

state looks like it would be nice if producing wal-mart and the razorbacks wasn't making people subconsciously try to salt the earth

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Mack is a million times more bearable on television; he's actually decent in the booth. I can't recall ever having watched a game with Holtz calling it, but when I imagine what it would be like, I make a really upset-looking face.
I always think Mack Brown is trying to sell me insurance or a used car.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums

Thermos H Christ posted:

Regular trash and human trash, should have just put a fence up and called it a dump.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

MourningView posted:

Jake Rudock was and presumably still is like Bio Chem major or some poo poo who claims he's going to medical school. Meanwhile true team player CJ Beathard is a recreation studies major. I'm not saying a QB needs to be stupid, but I know only one of these people lost to Iowa State as a starter.

How can you be a biochem major athlete and have not concocted some amazing PED potion that makes you good at football

god drat Jake, get with the program

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

MindlessHavok posted:

The last 3 or so pages say differently, jerk. :colbert:

They were dumb pages

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

PrinceRandom posted:

They were dumb pages

Shut up

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
After seeing some of the previews of NIU I think they are going to give Ohio State a scare this weekend. I think it could be within one score going into the 4th.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Rad Valtar posted:

After seeing some of the previews of NIU I think they are going to give Ohio State a scare this weekend. I think it could be within one score going into the 4th.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Since Hawaii didn't step up to the plate and VA Tech rip'd their starting QB, who would be the lost embarrassing loss for PSU from here on out?

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
MAC teams are generally better than Big 10 teams

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rad Valtar posted:

If this were basketball I would definitely say you should be afraid of a team coming off wins against Murray State and UNLV but as it is I think you're probably safe.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

KKKLIP ART posted:

Since Hawaii didn't step up to the plate and VA Tech rip'd their starting QB, who would be the lost embarrassing loss for PSU from here on out?

Any loss that isn't Michigan State.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Thermos H Christ posted:

On my way out of the Georgia game last year I saw someone bust out the rear windshield of a vehicle making a hasty exit from the golf course that gets turned into a parking lot for the Little Rock games. Fun times.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
Tie between Indiana and Rutgers. Western Michigan and NIU are both ranked ahead of them in the F+ rankings. Illinois would be embarrassing but somehow they always play OSU tough.

Ohio State is 51-2-1 vs. Indiana since 1952.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

Spintzel posted:

MAC teams are generally better than Big 10 teams

OSU's facebook is using NIU's success against the Big 10 to talk up the game (while making their conference look bad).

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Diesel just passed away recently

RIP :smith:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

The Twinkie Czar posted:

OSU's facebook is using NIU's success against the Big 10 to talk up the game (while making their conference look bad).

We beat them the year before that with a way worse team but somehow nooo one wants to mention that, jeez.

FunkyBean
Mar 17, 2011
Low on fat and calories so gonna go eat some peanut butter.
I know I'm super late, but as a Florida fan Rocky Top is the best fight song in the country.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

KKKLIP ART posted:

I'd probably drive to State College to personally burn down something if there was a loss to Army.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I love the Huskies, but they'll have to be lucky to keep it within 10 of OSU.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I hope Tulane doesn't lose to Maine this weekend. It's nice their senior safety isn't suspended this week. (and that they aren't playing a better team.)

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah NIU is really good again this year and they'll have a great season, but if they keep it within 2 scores I'd be stunned

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

FunkyBean posted:

I know I'm super late, but as a Florida fan Rocky Top is the best fight song in the country.

It's not even our fight song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
This is that terrible crap where a really good team plays a poo poo schedule and their nutty fanbase tries to build every game up to fool themselves into thinking it could be a close one down the stretch.

Here, OSU fans, let me lay out the rest of your schedule for you.

Every team not named MSU: 2-3+ TD wins. Maybe one game is within single digits for like the first 12 seconds of the 4th quarter

MSU: :shrug:

• Locked thread