Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best K-On?
This poll is closed.
Mio 26 18.18%
Yui 21 14.69%
Ritsu 30 20.98%
Azusa 17 11.89%
Mugi 49 34.27%
Total: 143 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Kya!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Endorph posted:

how do i put this

i dont want to read or support stuff written by a giant racist or a giant homophobe or w/e. im not gonna shout it from the streets and i can see why people would want to analyze that stuff, but i just don't Want To. i realize it's kind of impossible to tell in a lot of cases, and that in a lot of cases this stuff is subjective, but something like ender's game where Orson Scott Card has gone on giant rants about how gays are ruining the world, makes me not want to read his stuff.

That's fine, but other people don't connect an authors views to their works like that, or are even willing to read things written by people they disagree with.

It's not like either way is wrong or right, it just seems like something where people should be like, "I don't wanna read that guy's stuff. So I won't. Y'all can. I'm not gonna talk about it cause I don't read it. Bye."

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

nobody likes teddie in PQ not even the cast of PQ

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

i am deeply considering going to the times square dave & busters to play pokken

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

That's fine, but other people don't connect an authors views to their works like that, or are even willing to read things written by people they disagree with.

It's not like either way is wrong or right, it just seems like something where people should be like, "I don't wanna read that guy's stuff. So I won't. Y'all can. I'm not gonna talk about it cause I don't read it. Bye."
yeah basically.

that said i kind of hate the 'disagree with' thing, because there's a difference between reading a guy who you disagree with on, say, how to create an effective and self-sustaining government, and reading a guy who you disagree with on whether black people are human.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

i want to have sex with teddie without the suit

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Budget Prefuse posted:

I will allow it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Budget Prefuse posted:

Good for you.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Ack!

----------------

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Radio Spiricom posted:

i am deeply considering going to the times square dave & busters to play pokken

no one will judge you if you do

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Endorph posted:

I mean, I haven't watched the subbed trailer but you hear two distinct male voices, so one of them kind of has to be the protag.

it could just be something for the trailers though, who knows.
The other voice might be the Tanuki guy. I wouldn't be able to recognize if it's the protag, though. Right now the protagonist has two sound clips on the Japanese site, which could either be dialogue, or his battle cries.

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

yeah but its the times square dave & busters

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Smoking Crow posted:

why would he be? philemon got rid of him
Only for a time, I thought; I may be misremembering though.

In any case, I can't really see him as gone for good within the context of the series, and a lot of the promo material seems to be teasing his return or revival.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Jason.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Radio Spiricom posted:

yeah but its the times square dave & busters

we all have our crosses to bear

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

:mrgw:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

...would

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Smoking Crow posted:

please forget everything in that book and read 1491 to fill your head again

diamond is a eurocentric historian

I've read enough to recognize Eurocentricism when I see it, and I feel I can largely glean good and interesting things even in its presence. That said, I didn't think GG&S was more than a bit Eurocentric. It was greatly concerned with convincing the reader that Europeans are not uniquely awesome, but other than that oblique Eurocentricism, it mostly dealing with meetings of non-European peoples let him explore things more evenly. 1491 looks interesting, but synopses don't seem to disagree with Diamond, merely refine his answers. I'll check it out.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Allarion posted:

no one will judge you if you do

I will, but i'll do it by saying "at least that's better than playing actual Tekken"

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Bad Seafood posted:

Only for a time, I thought; I may be misremembering though.

In any case, I can't really see him as gone for good within the context of the series, and a lot of the promo material seems to be teasing his return or revival.

i hope that means alec "philemon" baldwin comes back

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lesbian baphomet posted:

I will, but i'll do it by saying "at least that's better than playing actual Tekken"

tekken tag is fun

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I've never been to a Dave and Busters. Do they have decent prizes in the crane machines or no?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Smoking Crow posted:

i hope that means alec "philemon" baldwin comes back
Oh yeah, if Nyarly's back then Phil should definitely be on board.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

lesbian baphomet posted:

Rgh!

----------------

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I don't even remember the last D&B i went to having crane machines in the first place

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

crane machines are poo poo

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

i just want to stone cold stunner people as lucha pikachu

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

lesbian baphomet posted:

tekken is cool and pokken looks bad

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

pokken seems a bit garbo

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I want to win a fabulous prize from a crane machine.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I just found out they're making a kirby nendo.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I want to win a fabulous prize from a crane machine.

iirc they don't have crane games but have the drill into the hole to get a prize game

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Davincie posted:

have you read blitzkrieg legend, under the loving care of the fatherly leader, or vietnam: the definitive oral history by christian appy? these are some of my favourite non-fiction books

Darth Windu posted:

the soviet century is really good if you like that sort of thing.

Smoking Crow posted:

my favorite history book ever is the world of late antiquity by peter brown

so freaking good

I will look into these.

Darth Windu posted:

OH also War The Lethal Custom by Gwynn Dyer, its really really good if youre not huge into super specific military history and just want a cool broad overview of the whole thing like me

Also this.

Yes_Cantaloupe fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Sep 17, 2015

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

I just found out they're making a kirby nendo.

The only nendo where the proportions are the same as the real thing

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Mintergalactic posted:

pokken seems a bit garbo

thats because it is built upon Tekken. its a cheerful spinoff of a trash pile in a toilet, with fun animations

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Mintergalactic posted:

pokken seems a bit garbo

That's a shame, that's something I wanted to see succeed since it's such a weird combination.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
so are the 4 characters shown in persona 5 the only party members or did they say there'll be more or what

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

the feet ar magnets so you can put them all over the place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

lesbian baphomet posted:

thats because it is built upon Tekken. its a cheerful spinoff of a trash pile in a toilet, with fun animations

you know i'm not sure how true that actually is because the more i look at it the more i realize that I don't actually see any tekken anywhere in it

• Locked thread