Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Nutsngum posted:

Man this season isnt even over and Im already excited to see how the Saints go next year with a few new top end recruits and some more preseasons in our kids. Gonna be a long 6 months.

Indeed. This'll be made even worse depending on what happens in the trade period.

gay picnic defence posted:

The Saints had a few injuries to some of their better young players this year too didn't they?

Billings is probably the most notable one as he missed half the year with stress reactions in his legs. It's looking like they'll go real conservative with him this preseason so he might not be fully fit next year, which is a shame.

McKenzie and Acres also had some injury issues that cost them games this year. McKenzie had 2 concussions during the year while Acres broke a bone in his hand and just needs more time for his body to develop. I'd expect both to get more games next year. I think they could both be quality players in a few years. They both have some really good attributes and have shown some positive signs at AFL level when they played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Wow weird, Port delisted that guy who won the reality TV show after one year, no one saw that coming

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

ewe2 posted:

I'm still worried our backs get overwhelmed too often.

Well, Carlisle might be just what you need then. He'll probably end up at the Hawks though because Lake is half dead.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Well, Carlisle might be just what you need then. He'll probably end up at the Hawks though because Lake is half dead.

This is what I fear :ohdear:

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!
I don't think I'd want Carlisle at my club because he seems like a real deadshit. He looks like a knuckle dragger.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Carlisle and Frawley? Pass.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

pkid posted:

I don't think I'd want Carlisle at my club because he seems like a real deadshit. He looks like a knuckle dragger.

He seems to drop his bundle when its not going his way, the last thing you want in a footy side.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Crippa just pipped Murphy for the John Nicholls Medal (Carlton B&F)
Give him a 10 year contract already.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Solemn Sloth posted:

Wow weird, Port delisted that guy who won the reality TV show after one year, no one saw that coming

Turns out that being on a football reality show doesn't make you a footballer.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
Did that guy even play a senior game?

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I'm sure he's a really great club footballer and year at Port has probably made him an even better club footballer, but yeah I don't see them digging up an AFL superstar below state level in season 2.

Doctor Cave posted:

Nope. I read a few weeks ago that he played like 12 SANFL games and was never featured among the best players.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Doctor Cave posted:

NAB challenge and SANFL

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I think it was 14 games for 8 goals as a forward in the SANFL, but I can't be hosed re-finding the article

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
I just found out my wife's grandfather is a WCE note holder.

The grand final ballot closed yesterday.

poo poo.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

bigis posted:

I just found out my wife's grandfather is a WCE note holder.

The grand final ballot closed yesterday.

poo poo.

I'm suuuuuper lucky. My dad is a WCE member and he fired that poo poo in.
I think he's going to buy me a ticket conditional on Hawthorn not making it.

So now I'm in a really lovely position.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

NTRabbit posted:

Thanks for the vote of confidence AFL website

I reckon they did exactly what I would have, made a finals banner using the top four so that it would remain usable for at least two rounds of finals.

Or maybe it is a conspiracy.

Jetta Fuller Grant Gwilt Steele Beams

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Lukas Webb & Bailey Dale have extended their contracts with the Bulldogs until 2017, locking up Dale until he begins puberty.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

gabensraum posted:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Testekill posted:

Lukas Webb & Bailey Dale have extended their contracts with the Bulldogs until 2017, locking up Dale until he begins puberty.

If only Bootsma had been so lucky

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
I'm going to be barracking so hard for the Crows tonight. I want to see Hodge cry.

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

Periphery posted:

I'm going to be barracking so hard for the Crows tonight. I want to see Hodge cry.

This I can get behind!

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

gabensraum posted:

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid

Periphery posted:

Billings is probably the most notable one as he missed half the year with stress reactions in his legs. It's looking like they'll go real conservative with him this preseason so he might not be fully fit next year, which is a shame.

McKenzie and Acres also had some injury issues that cost them games this year. McKenzie had 2 concussions during the year while Acres broke a bone in his hand and just needs more time for his body to develop. I'd expect both to get more games next year. I think they could both be quality players in a few years. They both have some really good attributes and have shown some positive signs at AFL level when they played.

Speaking of injured Saints kids, it'd be pretty rad if Markworth could go a season without his knees imploding. I want to see if he lives up to the hype.

I am also of strong opinion that Acres will be a hell of a player.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

quote:

Carlton has made four changes to its list ahead of the upcoming trade period, delisting Cameron Giles and Matthew Watson, along with rookies Blaine Johnson and Fraser Russell.

It takes the total number of list changes to at least eight, with Andrew Carrazzo, David Ellard and Chris Judd retiring, and Lachie Henderson requesting a trade.

I remember Watson was going to be the next big thing.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Periphery posted:

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

boy undead posted:

Speaking of injured Saints kids, it'd be pretty rad if Markworth could go a season without his knees imploding. I want to see if he lives up to the hype.

Acres will be a monster utility in a few years. As for Markworth, he will likely be playing (or attempting to) play for a different team next year me thinks.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
Will know in the first five minutes or so, if the Hawks make a bunch of dumb skill errors again my money is on they are cooked for the season

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
I'll be at the game tonight and will be happy with a triple overtime match, spotted with many multi-week suspension filled all-in brawls, with Sam Mitchell getting kneed in the dick.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

gabensraum posted:

I remember Watson was going to be the next big thing.

How long were they saying that Watson was going to be a big deal? I remember the shilling him for years

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Maybe having an actual senior coach who knows his poo poo and doesn't take any poo poo is exactly what he needs. He's had Hird as his coach all but his first season, where he had the constantly white anted Knights, that's hardly what you would call being ably led.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
So Joffa is being nominated for Australian of the Year due to quite a bit of charity work most people didnt realize he did.

Que big footy going off on how he deserves it more then Goodes and the like.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

boy undead posted:

I expect Markworth to be delisted this year. I wouldn't be surprised if we picked him back up as a rookie so hopefully he gets a full year without injury if he does get picked up. I'm not too excited by him anymore, from what I've seen of him in the VFL he's not a natural footballer and his kicking isn't great. He's one of those players that was picked up when drafting athletes and trying to turn them into footy players was a big thing.

Speaking of delistings: Siposs will almost certainly go, but he has actually impressed me in the last month or so. He's been playing as a big bodied mid and has done some real nice work winning clearances and using his massive boot to get the ball inside 50. I wouldn't mind seeing him picked up on the rookie list either.

I think Saad will go as well. With Lonie and Sinclair we have enough players to fill Saad's role and the others are all much younger. I'd like to see a team like the tigers pick up Saad. He's more suited to a team that's winning games.

Acres will be a gun. We just need his body to develop and for him to have a few years injury free then we'll see what he can really do.

Make sure to watch Sandy on ch 7 tomorrow. Prelim against Box Hill!

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Nutsngum posted:

So Joffa is being nominated for Australian of the Year due to quite a bit of charity work most people didnt realize he did.

Que big footy going off on how he deserves it more then Goodes and the like.

oh jesus can you imagine what the footy world will be like if he wins

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

snaeksikn posted:

oh jesus can you imagine what the footy world will be like if he wins

He won't. They vet all the candidates, it doesn't take long to find the racism, misogyny and antisemitism he's posted over the years.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Port's best & fairest night is December 5. :wtc:

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

he's posted over the years.

He's a Big Footy user?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Schlesische posted:

He's a Big Footy user?

Nah he had his own private little fiefdom somewhere

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

was bigfooty too progressive for him?

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-18/hermannsburg-aboriginal-clay-potters-celebrating-afl-history/6785658

quote:

Breaking the mould: Meet the Hermannsburg Potters shaping clay from great moments in AFL history
In a workshop in the Central Australian desert, a group of Indigenous potters immortalise the greatest moments in Aboriginal AFL history and prepare for a national exhibition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

So what is the Bulldogs & Geelong one?

• Locked thread