Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Good news they aren't even anymore!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
My CJA vs. his Kelce is just a big ol' race to the bottom right now.

Not sure I'd feel comfortable starting CJA now at least until Oakland even if he turns up for the 2nd half. That offensive line is looking like dogshit and their offensive "philosophy" is the football version of word salad.

Defense looks great though.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I feel like Kubiak is meddling too much. Just let Peyton take shotgun snaps and be done with it.

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
Something inside is telling me Peyton will continue having these atrocious looking games but hucking up TDs because his D is putting him in glorious position. And he'll pass for no more than like 3000 yards this year.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Maybe they should give kickers like .2 points for a touch back since they're kind of preventing their special teams from making a play.

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
It's probably too early to call it, but I'm looking very correct about my CJA skepticism. Don't trust CJ hype in the first round guys, it's like Fantasy Rule #1

Miko
May 20, 2001

District Selectman posted:

It's probably too early to call it, but I'm looking very correct about my CJA skepticism. Don't trust CJ hype in the first round guys, it's like Fantasy Rule #1
Calvin Johnson was okay?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
CJ looking slow this week, should have put in Morris

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
No no, first name CJ. Your Spillers and Andersons. Don't trust any adult man who goes by initials

Miko
May 20, 2001

District Selectman posted:

No no, first name CJ. Your Spillers and Andersons. Don't trust any adult man who goes by initials
CJ2k oh my

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
CJ Anderson lost yards on a carry, then got pulled for Hillman, who's getting more carries than Anderson is tonight.

Seems like a true RBBB. Anderson already proving to not have been worth his first round pick status.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm cackling so hard at the RBBC happening in Denver because NOBODY LISTENED TO ME

FOOLS

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
CJ owned last year!!!! Kubiak makes superstars out of his ZONE BLOCKING SCHEME :f5:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
My $0.02 as someone who watched one drive of Hillman and that's it, is that they're just going with what's working to make it through the short week and once a back emerges, Kubiak will ride him; with the extra days of rest after today, the talent difference, and the schedule, my money is still on CJ. The fact that Anderson closed the gap in touches 11-4* once the game got close, speaks volumes to me. Have to see how the rest of the game goes obviously, but I feel really good about sitting Anderson this week and seeing where they're at. In fact, I feel like this game is setting up the perfect buy-low for Anderson, and sell-high on Hillman; especially if you're not a CJ owner, and not necessarily to the CJ owner.

e: 11-3*

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Sep 18, 2015

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Im just happy to have a share of McManus. Denver looks like a very nice offense to rake in FGs

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

the_american_dream posted:

Im just happy to have a share of McManus. Denver looks like a very nice offense to rake in FGs

It's nuts how strong his leg is. They cross the 50 and are already in FG range.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Trade idea, thoughts?

I give: Alfred Morris and Anquan Boldin
I get: Doug Martin and Martellus Bennett

Standard scoring, 1qb 2wr 2rb 1te wrtFLX

my current lineup:
QB- luck
WR- cobb/williams/maclin/tate/boldin/martavis
RB- lacy/morris/blount/gio/cj2k
TE- cook

his lineup:
QB- brady/smith/matty ice
WR- wallace/shorts III/andre johnson/cruz
RB- DeMarco/martin/vereen
TE- bennett/green/reed

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Dandy Kaiser posted:

My $0.02 as someone who watched one drive of Hillman and that's it, is that they're just going with what's working to make it through the short week and once a back emerges, Kubiak will ride him; with the extra days of rest after today, the talent difference, and the schedule, my money is still on CJ. The fact that Anderson closed the gap in touches 11-4* once the game got close, speaks volumes to me. Have to see how the rest of the game goes obviously, but I feel really good about sitting Anderson this week and seeing where they're at. In fact, I feel like this game is setting up the perfect buy-low for Anderson, and sell-high on Hillman; especially if you're not a CJ owner, and not necessarily to the CJ owner.

e: 11-3*

Exactly this. It's not like Anderson hadn't had great runs of his own, the O line is just bad.

I'm still gutted about how useless he is as an RB1, but Ronnie Hillman isn't the answer either.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Don't feel bad, I was poo-pooed by professional fantasy writers for bringing up the dog poo poo line.

FOOLS

nicknc33
Nov 17, 2013
Standard scoring; PPR

1 QB, 2RB, 2WR, 2 Flex

Can trade Gurley for two of: T. Coleman, Eifert, John Brown , Garcon

Yay/nay? Which two?

nicknc33 fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Sep 18, 2015

punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

I got offered Eifert and Abdullah for Cobb.

I'm tempted since I currently have Daniels at TE. It would leave me with AJ Green, Brandon Marshall, Andre Johnson and Funchess at WR.

Thoughts?

punch drunk fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Sep 18, 2015

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

....I don't own any Broncos in any money leagues

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

nicknc33 posted:

Standard scoring; PPR

1 QB, 2RB, 2WR, 2 Flex

Can trade Gurley for two of: T. Coleman, Eifert, John Brown , Garcon

Yay/nay? Which two?

I'd do that for Eifert and Brown.

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
Wrong thread.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Seriously guys

:siren::siren:

HILLMAN OWNERS: If you don't have CJ, find the guy in your league/guy who thinks CJ is a bust and needs RB help, and shoot for the loving moon

GUYS IN THE LEAGUE WITH THE PANICKING CJ OWNER: Go make him an offer, do it right after the final whistle while he's still on tilt. Nothing's too low as long as he's geting startable players re: his current roster. You can probably get him for a song for no more than really what your current lotto tickets are.

CJ OWNERS: Be cool fool, maybe make an offer to the Hillman owner if you aren't him, but don't do anything rash.

:siren::siren:

I, personally, am going to go to this team:

QB: P. Manning
WR: V. Jackson
WR: Coleman
WR: Lockett
RB: Anderson
RB: Stewart
TE: Miller
FLEX: D. Williams
BN: Charles Johnson, M. Bryant, Harvin, Lewis, Perriman

and offering him:

GIVE: Yeldon, James Jones
GET: Anderson, Bryant

and tell him to leave it pending until after the Sunday games after he watches Yeldon but up a decent line against a tough Miami D, and then laugh all the way to the bank when he panic-sells.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ok so im not denying what youre seeing but im watching the same game and there is nothing here ive seen that makes me think I want any piece of this offense. What has CJA done that has been way better than Hillman tonight?

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Dandy is working on the idea that Kubiak is waiting for a back to seperate themselves, and then he will run them into the ground.

He is banking that the toe injury is what is keeping Anderson off the field so he is saying buy low if you can.

If you have the ammunition put a trade out there and see what you can get. Just don't give them too much.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
There is also the fact that Anderson is widely regarded as the superior pass protector, which is huge for old man Peyton.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Franks Happy Place posted:

There is also the fact that Anderson is widely regarded as the superior pass protector, which is huge for old man Peyton.

Hillman improved his blocking which is why he's actually seeing so much time on the field. I think Hillman getting so many touches is largely due to that plus CJ's injury.

Miko
May 20, 2001

Peyton with a delicious noodly performance today. What a crazy display.

edit: I regret nothing, but Denver's D plays at a different speed. Sorry Alex Smith.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Miko posted:

Peyton with a delicious noodly performance today. What a crazy display.

edit: I regret nothing, but Denver's D plays at a different speed. Sorry Alex Smith.

Here's hoping I can trade Peyton this week to someone that just sees the boxscore and didn't actually see him throw the ball.

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Peyton didn't throw great, but I still love both DT and Emmanuel, especially in PPR. Sanders looks like he's right back where he was, looks pretty good for 100+ catches easily.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I think CJ will be fine when he's healthy, I'm just glad I also have Sanders.

But one day I will listen to my gut and not "experts" about starts I'm flippy floppy on.

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

Finally, a good reason to punch a teenager in the face!

punch drunk posted:

I got offered Eifert and Abdullah for Cobb.

I'm tempted since I currently have Daniels at TE. It would leave me with AJ Green, Brandon Marshall, Andre Johnson and Funchess at WR.

Thoughts?

This is me speaking as a Vikings fan and my anti-Packer bias showing but you seem set enough at WR that this isn't a bad idea. Abdullah is going to kill it so long as he doesn't blow out an ACL, and Eifert is an upgrade from Daniels.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

OxySnake posted:

Dandy is working on the idea that Kubiak is waiting for a back to seperate themselves, and then he will run them into the ground.

He is banking that the toe injury is what is keeping Anderson off the field so he is saying buy low if you can.

If you have the ammunition put a trade out there and see what you can get. Just don't give them too much.

Franks Happy Place posted:

old dog child posted:

Hillman improved his blocking which is why he's actually seeing so much time on the field. I think Hillman getting so many touches is largely due to that plus CJ's injury.

All of these things.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I can't wait for the excuses next week when they're still splitting carries and CJA runs for 30 yards on 12 carries.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Which scenario do we use when Denver has five turnstiles for an offensive line

(ok 4 and Mathis)

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I think the Broncos offense sucks next week, too, unless serious changes are made. However, if CJ sucks in weeks 4-6 then I'd be worried. Either sell as high as you can now or hope he figures his poo poo out by week 4 so you can enjoy the nice stretch of weak defenses.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
It's clearly a RBBC. Sorry, Anderson owners. We tried to warn you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I'm willing to bet that Anderson is healthy enough after ~10 days rest that he puts up a decent 15-18 carries for 65-80 yards and maybe a score, which'll quiet any fears of a RBBC; then he runs hogwild from weeks 4-6 and it'll be awesome. After that, we just need to hope that the O-Line gels/Peyton is confident enough that the Denver RB position remains an RB1 from Week 7 and beyond. Even then, I'm betting Anderson can still finish as a top-20 back, which would suck for those grabbing him in the 1st, but wouldn't be a disaster.

I vote hold firm.

• Locked thread