Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best K-On?
This poll is closed.
Mio 26 18.18%
Yui 21 14.69%
Ritsu 30 20.98%
Azusa 17 11.89%
Mugi 49 34.27%
Total: 143 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Everything Burrito posted:

That's actually just parasites from eating improperly cooked monsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Why would you even choose an anime girl when it's clear who the best one is?

I don't get waifu wars and people with poo poo tastes.

waifu wars are lame af because they're like every other internet discussion in that it's always "this is why what you like is poo poo" and nearly never "this is why what i like is good"

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I watched the first couple few episodes of Nisekoi then dropped it when it stopped being pretty much solely about the cute shy girl gaining the courage to confess to the cute boy with the hairclip who was also super into her. So like, episode 3 or 4?

More Knorth Facts: Nisekoi Edition

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

the snipers have surrounded the stores dmz and made it a killfield, but after the cute storeclerk made fun of their outfits they all decided to become fashionable snipers instead

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

bleach could have been great but it just fizzled out

i'm not mad at it, i'm disappointed

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
They say that, contrary to her elegant image, Princess Zelda of Hyrule Castle is, in fact, a tomboy!

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The little scan group thing at the end of every chapter in konobi dmz are insanely fail

it sucks when a cool manga has a lame translation group

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

it sucks when a cool manga has a lame translation group
the shokugeki no soma scans have a recruitment ad that mentions 'we want girls even though they aren't good for anything (lol)'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The little scan group thing at the end of every chapter in konobi dmz are insanely fail

i like that zoglin only gives credit to the artist

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Erg posted:

Yeah if they're trying to be supportive, you should let them

as someone who's had huge confidence problems before you need to learn to accept compliments and encouragement and stop thinking people are just blowing smoke up your rear end

But what if they actually are blowing smoke up your rear end? HOW WOULD YOU KNOW?

Smart-assing aside, I'm the same way, but that's neither here nor there.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Tomboy cumdumpster.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

the snipers have surrounded the stores dmz and made it a killfield, but after the cute storeclerk made fun of their outfits they all decided to become fashionable snipers instead

this is the sabegabu manga all over again

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

chumbler posted:

But what if they actually are blowing smoke up your rear end? HOW WOULD YOU KNOW?

Smart-assing aside, I'm the same way, but that's neither here nor there.

yeah there's way worse problems to have but it's definitely a difficult hole to get out of

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ty

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

pon alien posted:

Tomboy cumdumpster.

Please do not talk about Tsugumi like that she is v nice and also supposed to be in high school

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Endorph posted:

the shokugeki no soma scans have a recruitment ad that mentions 'we want girls even though they aren't good for anything (lol)'

i dont remember this

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

this is the sabegabu manga all over again

?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

every conflict got resolved with a fashion competition

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie posted:

This should have been the plot for Bleach.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

chumbler posted:

One Piece

Dunno if Dressrosa is the longest but it's literally twice as long as it needs to be, has too many characters, and the fights sucked. I'm not sure why Franky and Brook exist, and the crewmembers who don't have haki (Nami, Chopper, ???) get shafted 24/7. Sanji is the worst character now and Oda's art is definitely going in places I dislike wrt spreads, fights, and women.
It sucks to see this happen! I thought OP would stay good while Naruto and Bleach crashed and burned.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Davincie posted:

Can I live in that world?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

2015: A project by Anno's studio has a short set in Evangelion's world with cute girls by Love Live's CD, kissing.

https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/644684591031275520

well huh.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
My guess with Nisekoi is that it has a decent enough hook (albeit generic as hell) while having cute girls without relying on excessive fanservice. Jump has attempted a couple more fanservicey series since Nisekoi started, but they all got quickly dropped.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

ive decided konbini dmz is...

eh.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

you might like it but maybe not

a mixed bag

its silly but not very funny

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

The main guy has cute barettes, that's my only Nisekoi opinion

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

you might like it but maybe not

a mixed bag

its silly but not very funny

Yeah.....

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

the workers have very little personality and they cant build up a funny supporting cast cause they keep killing them

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It sucks cuz I think the concept is good but the execution is just so mediocre...

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

dogsicle posted:

The main guy has cute barettes, that's my only Nisekoi opinion

I hope that catches on more in real life, it's cute!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

dogsicle posted:

Dunno if Dressrosa is the longest but it's literally twice as long as it needs to be, has too many characters, and the fights sucked. I'm not sure why Franky and Brook exist, and the crewmembers who don't have haki (Nami, Chopper, ???) get shafted 24/7. Sanji is the worst character now and Oda's art is definitely going in places I dislike wrt spreads, fights, and women.
It sucks to see this happen! I thought OP would stay good while Naruto and Bleach crashed and burned.

It's the longest arc. Before Dressrosa, every arc tended to be at most a year long (technically CP9 was 2 years, but people tend to split those into Water 7 and Enies Lobby anyways).

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I would like everyone here to read my 10 page essay, with references, about fan service in anime.

In short: it's incredibly good.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

littleorv posted:

I would like everyone here to read my 10 page essay, with references, about fan service in anime.

I hope there are plenty of pictures and/or videos as evidence.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It sucks cuz I think the concept is good but the execution is just so mediocre...

maybe it will get funnier if you give it more time, but i doubt it

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

littleorv posted:

I won't read it, but you seem like a trustworthy source.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

funny spinoff idea: convenience store on mother base

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

funny spinoff idea: convenience store on mother base

Yes.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I just found out that Gora from Cute High was voiced by Tomokazu Sugita. I found that up when looking for his duet character song.
http://binan-koukou-chikyuu-bouei-bu-love.wikia.com/wiki/Oh_my_An_chan_%28Yumoto_and_Gora%29

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a kitten posted:

2015: A project by Anno's studio has a short set in Evangelion's world with cute girls by Love Live's CD, kissing.

https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/644684591031275520

well huh.
everyone died. rip.

• Locked thread