Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

The Duck of Death posted:

Meltzer reporting that Fedor may be fighting Kimbo :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

edit: more topical for PSP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJbmB9k2Y88

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chain_of_Dogs
Aug 24, 2015

The Duck of Death posted:

Meltzer reporting that Fedor may be fighting Kimbo :lol::lol::lol:

Can you imagine if Fedor lost?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Chain_of_Dogs posted:

Well I am NOW.

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

Kimbo > Houston > Sokoudjou > Lil Nog > Hendo > Fedor

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Chain_of_Dogs posted:

there's no way he would lose to loving Kimbo

Chain_of_Dogs
Aug 24, 2015
He better not lose to Kimbo. I think hardcore mma fans would explode.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
If Kibo and Fedor fought 100 times Fedor would win 100 times

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

-Atom- posted:

there's no way he would lose to loving Bigfoot

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
not a fair comparison

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
i'm okay with the idea of not watching his most recent fight with shamrock to see what we're working with in a 2015 Kimbo, but seriously, Kimbo is the epitome of Bad Heavy Weights

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Bigfoot is a lot bigger and a much better fighter than Kimbo

Chain_of_Dogs
Aug 24, 2015

-Atom- posted:

i'm okay with the idea of not watching his most recent fight with shamrock to see what we're working with in a 2015 Kimbo, but seriously, Kimbo is the epitome of Bad Heavy Weights

Sure. But Fedor hasn't fought in years and he isn't getting any younger. I don't want him to lose, I can't stand Kimbo, but stranger things have happened to great fighters in their primes, let alone now.

That being said, Fedor obviously should win that fight.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

It's not fair but why would you compare a Fedor who was last seen beating cans in 2012 to Kimbo, a guy who stinks but at least has been competing in sports for the last few years?

Really I'm just joking because a fat old Fedor should win. I just don't like him.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Kimbo beat James Thompson beat Bobby Lashley beat Randy Orton beat John Cena beat Brock Lesnar, Kimbo could beat Fedor for sure.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Bluedeanie posted:

Kimbo beat James Thompson

your world is predicated on a lie

Killing Kimbo and Lashley in Bellator and then getting thrashed by Joey Beltran is the only fitting way for Fedor's career to end.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

CarlCX posted:

your world is predicated on a lie

Killing Kimbo and Lashley in Bellator and then getting thrashed by Joey Beltran is the only fitting way for Fedor's career to end.

Bellator LHW Super Fight - Tito vs. Fedor

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i know that some bellator contracts specifically permit fighting in japan on new year's eve but i'm 99% sure kimbo/fedor is a lie

Chain_of_Dogs
Aug 24, 2015

SquirrelGrip posted:

Bellator LHW Super Fight - Tito vs. Fedor

gently caress just make it a catchweight, Coker is all about zany fights. Plus who doesn't want to see Fedor pound Tito's skull into the floor?

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Chain_of_Dogs posted:

gently caress just make it a catchweight, Coker is all about zany fights. Plus who doesn't want to see Fedor pound Tito's skull into the floor?

tito beating fedor. think about it.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

SquirrelGrip posted:

he won't just beat fedor, he'll garang havoc on fedor :ortiz:

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

LobsterMobster posted:

he won't just beat fedor, he'll garang havoc on fedor :ortiz:

.... on your face

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I would enjoy Tito 50-45ing Fedor and then getting tapped by Phil Davis, who then loses to Joey Beltran

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

MassaShowtime posted:

Fedor vs batista or bobby lashley, with the promos being those dudes pinning Brock Lesnar for the WWE title.

Chain_of_Dogs
Aug 24, 2015

SquirrelGrip posted:

That might permanently damage my soul.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
JT vs Fedor.

I've heard nothing.

Revenge on the brother from when JT got into Pride without knowing what mma was simply on guts and heart alone. Now he has the talent and skill his win streak is back. Just gotta prove the Lashley victory against a world class wrestler wasn't a fluke.

Thanks for correcting bluedeenie on the laughable notion Kimbo ever beat JT

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Fedor might be the biggest favorite in MMA in history if that fight happens please oh please let it happen.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kimbo/Fedor is like peak Fedor matchmaking. It has to happen.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
WSoF prelims are on -

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/09/wsof-23-live-video-stream-and-official-results-7-p-m-et

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
:ortiz: talks about his new nickname "The People's Champ" and how honored he is to have it since Muhammed Ali was the first people's champ and if Tito can walk in only one of Ali's footsteps, it will be an accomplishment.

I don't know if you can talk about being proud and honored if you give yourself the nickname of People's Champ.

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
https://vine.co/v/eUQwr5HhlZ2

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Krasmir M'Ladynov

/tips TapOut fedor
/vapes while wearing training mask

Up next, Vagab "Vagabond" Vagabov!

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

LobsterMobster posted:

:ortiz: talks about his new nickname "The People's Champ" and how honored he is to have it since Muhammed Ali was the first people's champ and if Tito can walk in only one of Ali's footsteps, it will be an accomplishment.

I don't know if you can talk about being proud and honored if you give yourself the nickname of People's Champ.

Tito/Bonnar did insane numbers and proved that having "name" fighters is worth infinitely more than compelling and even matchups. So depressingly enough, Tito might actually being in the running for champion of the people, judging by the eyeballs he draws.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Street Horrrsing posted:

Tito/Bonnar did insane numbers and proved that having "name" fighters is worth infinitely more than compelling and even matchups. So depressingly enough, Tito might actually being in the running for champion of the people, judging by the eyeballs he draws.

Tito/Bonnar peaked at 2 million viewers. Shields/Henderson got 2.9 mil.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Main show is on NBC now. In case anyone was on the fence about watching this, Gaethje/Palomino 2 is one of the firghts tonight.

this is Gaethje/Palomino 1 -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcpzR_EHH54&hd=1

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

fatherdog posted:

Main show is on NBC now. In case anyone was on the fence about watching this, Gaethje/Palomino 2 is one of the firghts tonight.

this is Gaethje/Palomino 1 -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcpzR_EHH54&hd=1

#2 foty :catbert:

BTW Phoenix Jones is for real. That shirt musta hurt that dude's feelings

Kelster11
Mar 9, 2005

You want me to clamp him boss?
Is Branch any good or was he just squashing a can?

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

fatherdog posted:

Tito/Bonnar peaked at 2 million viewers. Shields/Henderson got 2.9 mil.

Not sure where that disproves my point about names > compelling + good matches. Incidentally Strikeforce also did everything in their power to promote it as a Hendo vs Shields match.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Kelster11 posted:

Is Branch any good or was he just squashing a can?

He's OK but that was a can.

E. Main event is Awesome so far

CommonShore fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Sep 19, 2015

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

GAETHJE!!! :hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

:puckout:

That is tied for #2 fight of the year, with their first one, behind Lawler-MacDonald