Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best K-On?
This poll is closed.
Mio 26 18.18%
Yui 21 14.69%
Ritsu 30 20.98%
Azusa 17 11.89%
Mugi 49 34.27%
Total: 143 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Triggerhappypilot posted:

I met an old lady who still believed in phrenology a couple of years back.

I don't even know what that is so I'll assume it's a practice that's deader than disco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

i liked how tales of the abyss' synopsis was luke's diary and it was very indepth, even though i don't think i read it all
yeah, it was cool and gave luke a lot of characterization.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Sakurazuka posted:

Anything interesting happen in the 2000 posts since I went to sleep?
I finally posted the babe.

I went back and edited it randomly into someone else's post.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

dogsicle posted:

Fishman and Dressrosa have been the two New World arcs that made me quit OP. They aren't devoid of good things, but definitely wore me down quickly.

Yeah, Dressrosa is a killer. when I got to the point where the city was shaped like a wedding caked and there were five different things going on at different layers i was just lik, ehhhhhhhhhh

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

I'm definitely in the process of writing the OP for my 60s simulwatch.

I'm excited, if/for whenever you are actually writing it.

My hunt for things to put in a horror simulwatch is not going so well.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

i finished franken fran

i wish there was more :(

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I'm catching up on Waratte! Sotomura-san, and I'm reminded why I stalled out on it in the first place. Most 4-komas have their gimmick, and then characters grow from there as they interact with each other, and the humor varies depending on who's interacting with who in what situation. Sotomura-san doesn't do this. Every joke is the same joke. I mean, it's not a bad joke, but even my favorite joke only gets trotted out at parties or interviews a few times a year.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

i am glad that the final chapter is "everyone from all the past chapters come in for a HUGE party"

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I was rereading the old One Piece chat threads, and then realized the Shabondy arc was like... 20 chapters or so? That's loving short. Even the Impel Down arc wasn't that long.

That's longer than the longest arc in Gintama the anime has covered.

I think it's ruined me for traditional battle shounen.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

I don't even know what that is so I'll assume it's a practice that's deader than disco.

It was a phenomenon around the turn of the century-- the 20th century-- that attempted to determine personality features by the position of bumps on the head as well as head size and shape. It was used almost exclusively for racial discrimination.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Bad Seafood posted:

You lie! You taunt and lie!

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Endorph posted:

Every tales game has a synopsis hidden in the menu. You can read a brief recap of the last plot event.
This doesn't take away from what you're saying because you're basically right, but I'm playing Tales of Destiny right now and I keep going "goddamnit where am I supposed to be going I wish they ironed out this synopsis thing in 1997."

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

I'm excited, if/for whenever you are actually writing it.

My hunt for things to put in a horror simulwatch is not going so well.

Sneak in an LP of pre-patch Assassin's Creed Unity.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

You lie! You taunt and lie!
It's real. I did it just a few minutes ago.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I'm catching up on Waratte! Sotomura-san, and I'm reminded why I stalled out on it in the first place. Most 4-komas have their gimmick, and then characters grow from there as they interact with each other, and the humor varies depending on who's interacting with who in what situation. Sotomura-san doesn't do this. Every joke is the same joke. I mean, it's not a bad joke, but even my favorite joke only gets trotted out at parties or interviews a few times a year.

It gets old a lot, but it managed to have enough cute moments to keep me going with it.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bad Seafood posted:

!!!!!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Twiddy posted:

This doesn't take away from what you're saying because you're basically right, but I'm playing Tales of Destiny right now and I keep going "goddamnit where am I supposed to be going I wish they ironed out this synopsis thing in 1997."

*every tales game worth playing

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

i liked the arc where they went to italy since the italian guy broke up the usual dynamic

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

AnoHito posted:

It gets old a lot, but it managed to have enough cute moments to keep me going with it.

Just barely. Forgetting about it for several months at a time seems like a good plan with it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm not searching through 70 pages for an anime babe, sorry Seafood

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Linnaeus posted:

is that next?

Yeah.

Here is the actual schedule I've figured out, that I will post now so people can order/pirate the licensed stuff.

Monday, October 5 - The Little Prince and the Nine-Headed Dragon, Sabu and Ichi Episodes 2 and 3

Wednesday, October 7 - Dororo Episode 1-4, The Flying Phantom Ship

Friday, October 9 - Horus, Prince of the Sun and Mahou Tsukai Sally eps 1-2

Bad Seafood posted:

I'm actually going to go through the entire thread again, and if this is a lie I'll become the new mod.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Cake Attack posted:

i liked the arc where they went to italy since the italian guy broke up the usual dynamic

This is either in the dozen chapters ahead of me or I don't remember it.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

I admire your dedication to anime babes.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Lol Yuri was voiced by Troy Baker before he got too famous for anime

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Bad Seafood posted:

You are a cruel mod, Bad Seafood

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm not searching through 70 pages for an anime babe, sorry Seafood

I think Zep's got it:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

Yeah, Dressrosa is a killer. when I got to the point where the city was shaped like a wedding caked and there were five different things going on at different layers i was just lik, ehhhhhhhhhh

I'm assuming Japanese has a way to convey Pica's voice only through text, because otherwise his entire gimmick makes no sense to me. Yeah Oda knows he has the anime, but that still seems like a weird decision.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
iOS 9 keeps making the Awful app crash!!! Updating was a mistake!!!

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

This is either in the dozen chapters ahead of me or I don't remember it.

it's near the end

do your best, gian

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

I'm actually going to go through the entire thread again, and if this is a lie I'll become the new mod.
It should still be there unless the person whose post I edited finds it and removes it.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Endorph posted:

*every tales game worth playing
Tales games without skits are like FE games without support conversations, it just feels lifeless.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Can't believe Killing Bites is getting a game.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Cake Attack posted:

it's near the end

do your best, gian

I look forward to this.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

Strange Quark posted:

iOS 9 keeps making the Awful app crash!!! Updating was a mistake!!!

I don't remember the first two seasons of either of these shows.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

"The Babe." - Bad Seafood

Laaaaame

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

littleorv posted:

Lol Yuri was voiced by Troy Baker before he got too famous for anime
Yuri Lowell was named after Yuri Lowenthal

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

I just found it too

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

DadJoke Seafood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm excited to go broke buying all the good games coming out in the next 12 months and never finish any of them.

• Locked thread