Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Of course the shotgun sucks. Everyone has seen Road Warrior, right? Frankly I'm a little sad that the shells in this game fire every time.

To be fair, every time the shotgun actually works, it's supposed to be this amazing and impressive thing. Yeah, it misfires all the time, but when it works Max ends up obliterating some guy's head and his car takes out like three other cars as it flails around. It works pretty much exactly like I'd hoped it would, as a gently caress You Button, to be used sparingly when you just don't want to deal with that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Of course the shotgun sucks. Everyone has seen Road Warrior, right? Frankly I'm a little sad that the shells in this game fire every time.

Only one shot misfires, and that's because it was a lovely shell anyway. It came from a looted corpse with another shell that just fell apart when he squeezed it.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Segmentation Fault posted:

Only one shot misfires, and that's because it was a lovely shell anyway. It came from a looted corpse with another shell that just fell apart when he squeezed it.

Great, so it'd be cool if your shells in this game (which are frequently looted off corpses), had the same firing success rate as Road Warrior and Fury Road. That's all I'm saying.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
That would be fine if it was fairly rare and triggered a very brief sequence where Max aims, all the nearby enemies flinch and wait for the bang, there's a click, and Max and the target both glance at the gun and then at each other in silence for a fraction of a second before the attacking and screaming suddenly resume all at once :allears:

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

Great, so it'd be cool if your shells in this game (which are frequently looted off corpses), had the same firing success rate as Road Warrior and Fury Road. That's all I'm saying.

The problem is, having a thing like this where a player's ability just randomly doesn't work, even if it totally fits in with the setting, is what we refer to as "loving bullshit". It's the sort of thing that won't really add much to the game, and all it takes is dying once because you got killed by a guy when your gun didn't fire because of the RNG to realize that it's kind of a dumb idea. It works in a movie because the gun not working can serve the plot and the story. It's bullshit in a game because it puts a central game combat mechanic at the mercy of random chance.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

It could be pretty funny if it only triggered against the last enemy standing, and then Max killed them anyway by just loving clubbing them over the head with his useless piece of poo poo shotgun. I'd laugh pretty hard if I got blindsided by a humorous little cinematic like that.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

Angry Diplomat posted:

It could be pretty funny if it only triggered against the last enemy standing, and then Max killed them anyway by just loving clubbing them over the head with his useless piece of poo poo shotgun. I'd laugh pretty hard if I got blindsided by a humorous little cinematic like that.

Now, see, this I like.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Shotgun jams could trigger a slow motion counter state. I would be into that.

OhGreatAGinger
Oct 10, 2012
I'd love a special execution move where Max grabs a shell from an enemy's bandoleer and blows him away with it.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
Die Rolla best chassis. I will fight anyone who says different.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
FYI: The iconic jacket and shotgun DO carry over into a new game, but apparently only if you use save slot 1. Weird, but I got it!

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Disgusting Coward posted:

I've spent a quite while tooling around in the Furnace, Shovelface, and Wild Hunt, but I have to say, Die Rolla and the Death rattle really do look fantastic. Death Rattle is great for that grody bodged-together highway death raider look, and Die Rolla is just stylish as hell. I keep switching between them and mucking about with paint, spikes, ornaments, and decals to find new looks that I like :allears:

Gotta get that ridiculous gold paint. Die Rolla looks grotesquely opulent in it and I am excited to play as Fancy Max in his V8-driven wasteland oil baron chariot.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Disgusting Coward posted:

:agreed:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Ohhhh I get it. Death Rattle, as in like, the "bleuuurrrggghhh" people do when they die, that kind of death rattle. I've played this game for a fuckjillion hours and and only just got the joke.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
I like the Wild Hunt since it looks closest to the V8 Interceptor.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

CJacobs posted:

Ohhhh I get it. Death Rattle, as in like, the "bleuuurrrggghhh" people do when they die, that kind of death rattle. I've played this game for a fuckjillion hours and and only just got the joke.

Its also a term for the abnormal noises coming from a dying car engine.

Also, this pic was taken when a storm was approaching. It was creeping slowly and ominously over the landscape.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Segmentation Fault posted:

I like the Wild Hunt since it looks closest to the V8 Interceptor.

This guy knows what's up :hfive:

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I read a comment from like August that you could drive in first person? Is this true? How?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

chaosapiant posted:

I read a comment from like August that you could drive in first person? Is this true? How?

Double tap down on the D-Pad if you're using a PS4 / 360 / Xbox One controller. Not sure about the keyboard command, double tap whatever you use to equip the sniper rifle in the car.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

chaosapiant posted:

Press down twice on the D pad on controller, not sure about PC. It's not true first person, but it's close enough for most purposes.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Whaaaaaaaaaat? Mind Blown...

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

T1g4h posted:

Double tap down on the D-Pad if you're using a PS4 / 360 / Xbox One controller. Not sure about the keyboard command, double tap whatever you use to equip the sniper rifle in the car.

Keyboard command is V

captain innocuous
Apr 7, 2009
50% of the screen is taken up by the engine, but it doesn't matter.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

captain innocuous posted:

50% of the screen is taken up by the engine, but it doesn't matter.

I love that you can turn around and see Max driving and Chum grooving in the back :allears:

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
I love how, despite having endgame-level upgrades and being able to murderize just about anything thrown at me, there are still moments in the game where a bizarre conflux of factors come together to just completely wreck my poo poo.

I was about to snap some necks up in one of the enemy bases that I think was in Deep Friah's territory (I don't remember which one, but it's on top of a large bridge/overpass over a valley and absolutely chock-full of thunderpoon dudes). After I smashed in the gate, snapped a few necks and was about to get into the base proper, a sandstorm hits. I've only just gotten the first V8 upgrade, so scrap is still loving precious and I head back to the opus to hunt down some motherloot.

The Storm winds are blowing towards the base, and being that it's over a huge goddamn valley, the motherloot crates keep chucking themselves into the bottom of the gorge, right beneath the base. It's not a death-pit or anything, so I hit the gas and chase them underneath the base.

Now, somehow, each and every singler 'pooner inside the base had an angle on me down there, and at any given time there were no less than 3-4 glowing red circles of death all around the opus, breaking the boxes and scattering the loot. Once a box is broken, the loot is immune to being moved by the wind, but NOT immune to the cavalcade of explosions falling all around me. I think I lasted all of 30 seconds in there.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I haven't completed a lot of the driving challenges and races, but I can't really muster any enthusiasm for those. I think I might start a new game anyway, not gonna build the stronghold upgrades that fill your health/tank/ammo/water, get some scarcity going.

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

This is a game in dire need of a New Game +. Once the Magnum Opus is fully upgraded there's nothing left to do. :(

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
I know people will disagree, but man I wish there were some mutants or monstrous animals in this game. Even dingoes and other Australian poo poo. It would make spelunking in some of these locations a lot more tense than "which flavor of bandit am I gonna beat the poo poo out of today?" The "feral" people are a pretty nice deviation, though, since fighting them is a lot different than most enemies.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Tim Burns Effect posted:

This is a game in dire need of a New Game +. Once the Magnum Opus is fully upgraded there's nothing left to do. :(
Has there been any future DLC announced? This game could sure use some DLC that adapts Fury Road so you can team up with Furiosa and the wives to taken down Joe.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

So has anyone out there bought a steam key from G2A or any other of these key sellers successfully? I'd really like to play this game, but am on a short budget right now and don't really wanna wait a year for the steam summer sale.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I know people will disagree, but man I wish there were some mutants or monstrous animals in this game. Even dingoes and other Australian poo poo. It would make spelunking in some of these locations a lot more tense than "which flavor of bandit am I gonna beat the poo poo out of today?" The "feral" people are a pretty nice deviation, though, since fighting them is a lot different than most enemies.

It wouldn't be as out of place in this version of Mad Max, I'd say. Original, no-budget trilogy? Sure. This version where things are so messed-up there isn't even an ocean? Heh. Yeah.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

CDkeys.com was seling thme for about 15$. Ive been playing, as well as my friend who i hooked up with the same. Use the paypal option, the credit option might trigger a security alert.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Umm leave the dingoes out of this.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

winterwerefox posted:

CDkeys.com was seling thme for about 15$. Ive been playing, as well as my friend who i hooked up with the same. Use the paypal option, the credit option might trigger a security alert.

I got mine from there as a pre-purchase. Went smoothly, and got my key a couple days before anyone else.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
Oh joy - I think I have a fun bug where you have to kill the Archytect and it turns out there's one little goon who spawns waaaay up on a cliff and you can't reach him.
You can't drive in the car due to invisible walls, nor is there any location to drive up and snipe
Unless there's any car that exists that come with thundersticks.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
I'm only missing the "kill 8 guys in a single Fury mode" for the ground combat Legends. Any place where I can cheese this easily?

I think the game remembers who have you killed (or at least it does when the objective is to kill every enemy in a camp), so each time I fail is one less chance to do it.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Fat Samurai posted:

I'm only missing the "kill 8 guys in a single Fury mode" for the ground combat Legends. Any place where I can cheese this easily?

I think the game remembers who have you killed (or at least it does when the objective is to kill every enemy in a camp), so each time I fail is one less chance to do it.

Did you do the "Proving Grounds" Top Dog fight already? Think I got mine from that one.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

There's a water camp a little ways north east of Deep Friah that always has a bunch of warboys, its great for all the combat challenges.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
This game owns. Other sweet movie franchises WB should do open world games of -

Waterworld, Robocop, Bladerunner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Gyshall posted:

This game owns. Other sweet movie franchises WB should do open world games of -

Waterworld, Robocop, Bladerunner

There was a sorta/kinda open world Bladerunner game released in the late 90s, it was pretty cool. Also, as a Detroiter, I'd play the poo poo out of an open world Robocop game set in 80s Detroit.

• Locked thread