Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Peyton Manning sure looked like garbage running Kubiak's offense. Notable how much better he played in that two minute drill at the end.

Oh, and Bill Barnwell is going to be insufferably smug this week after how that game ended. He is always preaching against handing off the ball just to run out the clock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Marcus Peters is awesome, and whoever had that disgusting pick where he read it the whole way and made the finger tip grab - wow

Yeah, my knee-jerk reaction after watching that game is to be upset that the Vikings went with Trae Waynes over Peters. One of them has 2 picks in his first two games, and one of them is currently riding the pine. Hopefully Waynes takes to Zim's coaching and ends up being at Peters' level, but holy poo poo was Peters all over everything last night. Give him a couple years of experience and Thomas isn't going to be able to box him out like that either. Dude already looks impressive, but he could be a beast.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Jamaal Charles posted:

“I just don’t feel good right now,” said Charles. “This is one of the hardest feelings I’ve felt in a long time.

“I caused us the loss today. I tried to put the team on my back, and I ended up losing the game. It’s all on me tonight.”

:smith:

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Dude you have to try and put the Team on your back.

He just failed at that. Charles is still cool and good.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Looking at the game stats, I didn't realize that Manning was only sacked on 3 plays. With how much he was getting battered in the first half, I thought the number was at least double that. You could see the look of complete defeat in his eyes a few times when the line would disintegrate in front of him and he would just drop to the ground while a few Chiefs players came his way.

I'm glad Marcus Peters is playing great though, he is alot of fun to watch. I was really hoping he would fall to Dallas at 27 after 2 other CBs were picked before him.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

DrKennethNoisewater posted:

Alex Smith: 16/25 191 2 INTS
Joe Flacco: 18/32 117 2 INTS

Alex Smith is not a world beater, and he does not have a deep ball, but that Denver D is legit.

Probably the best deep ball QB in the NFL, Flacco, didn't have any big downfield plays because of the pass rush, and of course their personnel. A bunch of Chiefs players poo poo the bed and it had nothing to do with Smith who played better than Peyton. Smith didn't even have a bad game, one Int was a great play by Talib and the other was a duck do to being hit while he threw. Peyton on the other hand should have been picked off 4 more times.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Players call Manning Papa John? That owns

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Postgame-victory-speech/22ad61cf-060b-4ec1-a609-c538d9500bf8

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
poo poo happens, the loss last night is mostly on Jamell Fleming and Andy Reid, Chiefs will have a fine season

Elliot2lazy
Jun 9, 2015

by Cowcaster

Marketing New Brain posted:

Probably the best deep ball QB in the NFL, Flacco, didn't have any big downfield plays because of the pass rush, and of course their personnel. A bunch of Chiefs players poo poo the bed and it had nothing to do with Smith who played better than Peyton. Smith didn't even have a bad game, one Int was a great play by Talib and the other was a duck do to being hit while he threw. Peyton on the other hand should have been picked off 4 more times.

Joe Flacco sucks too. Flacco can throw the deep ball, but its really inaccurate. The different between the two is that flacco is on a team where they actually have a good defense. Good enough to slow veteran qbs down and limit the game to field goals. They both suck though.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Joe Flacco is much better than Alex Smith

and so are a lot of other people

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Fleming can gently caress off to whatever practice squad he crawled off of too.

Smith better be on point when he gets back.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Marketing New Brain posted:

Uhhhhhhh pretty sure Rodgers has the best deep ball in the NFL, hell i would probably go as far as saying Vick has a better deep ball than Flacco, its usually just inaccurate but oh boy does he make bombs look effortless.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Maybe I'm wrong and just lashing out. But Smith didn't look like he could lead a drive worth a green god drat last night.

Maybe we just need better play calling and the line to hold up.

Maybe we need to work on ball security.

Maybe one day we will beat the loving broncos, but probably not ever.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Watching Manning reminds me a lot of watching Chad Pennington after his 17th shoulder injury, in just the "man I can throw a sharper ball than that" way.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

No Butt Stuff posted:

Maybe I'm wrong and just lashing out. But Smith didn't look like he could lead a drive worth a green god drat last night.

Maybe we just need better play calling and the line to hold up.

Maybe we need to work on ball security.

Maybe one day we will beat the loving broncos, but probably not ever.

You'll beat the broncos once Manning has gone, his arm strength maybe shot to poo poo but he can still run an offense better than 95% of the QBs in the NFL

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

CyberPingu posted:

You'll beat the broncos once Manning has gone, his arm strength maybe shot to poo poo but he can still run an offense better than 95% of the QBs in the NFL

I wonder if next week he abandons Kubiak's offense from the start instead of waiting until they're down 14-0.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Alex Smith wasn't responsible for the playoff loss to the Colts glad parm could gimmick post enough and pull a gendo on you all :laffo:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Note that in all that, Peyton was 26/45 for 256 yards. And 75 of that came on the last drive (where he looked at least something like his old self). Peyton looked like late career Pennington for a lot of that game, and should've had at least another pair of ints.

If this is the best/healthiest he's going to be this year, they're in a lot of trouble. Luckily for them, they've got two NFC north games followed by road games against the Raiders and Browns before the schedule gets really ugly.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

Note that in all that, Peyton was 26/45 for 256 yards. And 75 of that came on the last drive (where he looked at least something like his old self). Peyton looked like late career Pennington for a lot of that game, and should've had at least another pair of ints.

If this is the best/healthiest he's going to be this year, they're in a lot of trouble. Luckily for them, they've got two NFC north games followed by road games against the Raiders and Browns before the schedule gets really ugly.

As much as you probably enjoy watching this, deep down you know your turn is coming too.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

FizFashizzle posted:

As much as you probably enjoy watching this, deep down you know your turn is coming too.

Nah Brady is going to win the superbowl again and retire alongside belichek and put out a few books about just how much they cheated everyone over the years.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

Sure is, but my guy's got 4 trophies, so I've got 3 games to glory blu-rays to last me a lifetime.

The Patriots could have 15 years of bouncing around between different incarnations of Jay Fiedler and welp, looks like it's time for Eagles - Patriots again.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Alex Smith went 22/33 for 243 yds, 3 TDs and 0 INTs last week against a good Texans defense. He had a bad game last night against what's looking like a Top 3 (maybe Top 1) defense.

It's a weird spot to be in if you're a Chiefs fan because you know you've already seen Smith's best, but I wouldn't be so cavalier about tossing out an adequate QB. Trust.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Kalli posted:

This is why I wanted Denver to win. KC has the potential to be much better down the stretch, and the Chargers don't play the Broncos for the first time until week 13, after Peyton's arm is fully dead.

CJ Anderson is still garbage

Elliot2lazy
Jun 9, 2015

by Cowcaster

Kalli posted:

Well I think it has a lot more to do with the kubiak offense. Manning perfected the play action pass and has been playing it for the majority of his career, then they change it on him in recently. They don't need an offensive coordinator, they just need to let peyton do his thing. His health is not the issue, clearly he can through the ball. The team just needs to practice the routes peyton wants to play with play action, not the bullshit kubiak is throwing out.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Burger Trench posted:

Alex Smith went 22/33 for 243 yds, 3 TDs and 0 INTs last week against a good Texans defense. He had a bad game last night against what's looking like a Top 3 (maybe Top 1) defense.

It's a weird spot to be in if you're a Chiefs fan because you know you've already seen Smith's best, but I wouldn't be so cavalier about tossing out an adequate QB. Trust.

Yep

Denver's pass rush was much more insane than last week, Smith made good throws and when he didn't have time he did what he could to not turn the ball over. One of his picks was his arm being hit as he threw, the other one was a good throw on which Talib made an unbelievable play.

The most heartbreaking part of last night was two former Jayhawks loving up my NFL team :(

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Truthfully I'm very sad and hurt right now, and I'm going to retreat into fantasy novels until I feel good again

Nov 6, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

If anyone can cheat father time it will be Brady.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Ross Angeles posted:

What happens if the Chiefs and Bengals end up playing each other in the playoffs?

Probably a bunch of posts relating it 2 the chargers somehow from U

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Pron on VHS posted:

The most heartbreaking part of last night was two former Jayhawks loving up my NFL team :(
Talib and...?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Chris Harris

Nov 6, 2002

Bill Barnwell ‏@billbarnwell 11h11 hours ago
Peyton smiling like you almost beat Dad in one-on-one but you lost and then you tripped over the curb and started crying

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Pron on VHS posted:

Truthfully I'm very sad and hurt right now, and I'm going to retreat into fantasy novels until I feel good again

I wish you well in your journey to defeat the evil dragon Peyt'n

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Marcus Peters seems pretty good. That's his name right?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Did Eric Berry do anything of note?

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Ross Angeles posted:

Not that I remember.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Lmao if you think the system was the problem after watching Peyton make a billion terrible, flaccid throws

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ross Angeles posted:

Made a few tackles, some of them were good. Played a lot after getting cancer.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Raku posted:

Lmao if you think the system was the problem after watching Peyton make a billion terrible, flaccid throws

A hurry up will theoretically tire the defense out faster and let Peyton figure things out on the fly which is a good way to mitigate his weak arm until he literally falls apart about week 7 or 8.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Raku posted:

Peyton with a stronger arm could run this system. However, he's all noodly and needs to call the plays he can actually execute. That's where his success came instead of kubiak's plan that requires him to throw the ball some distance with some speed that he just simply can't do anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Made a few tackles, some of them were good. Played a lot after getting cancer.

Good for him :)

• Locked thread