Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Nephzinho posted:

Does anyone bake their own buns and have a good recipe? Currently I use Martin's potato buns, lightly buttered then thrown on the grill to toast. They don't handle large burgers or large amounts of toppings well, though.

Just how big are you trying to burg here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

kloa posted:

ya but the bread:meat ratio is like 10:1

Eh, not as much as you think. The patties were 5oz each, almost a third of a pound. The buns are pretty fluffy and my only complaint is that they were actually too airy (for wheat buns especially, I wanted some weight to them) so when you're eating the thing it seems like the opposite, like there's too much beef with not enough bread. Or at least, it would seem that way if such a thing were possible. There's really no such thing as too much beef.

Also, it had been a while since I'd done an avocado burg. I should do those more often, it seems like I almost forget how loving good those things are on burgs, especially when the flavor mixes in with dijon mustard and red onion. It's like a perfect counterbalance to those sharp flavors. I'd almost even dare say it's better than an egg, although I still loving love eggs on burgs.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Sep 16, 2015

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i've been thinking a furger was a mushroom burger

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Jose posted:

i've been thinking a furger was a mushroom burger

I wish that were true

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

My local pub finally realised that not having burgers on the menu was ridiculous so Wednesday night had to be burger night. Pretty tasty, I'll say.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

iajanus posted:

My local pub finally realised that not having burgers on the menu was ridiculous so Wednesday night had to be burger night. Pretty tasty, I'll say.

those fries (chips?) look dope

and is that ham on the burger?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Enourmo posted:

those fries (chips?) look dope

and is that ham on the burger?

They were awesome crunchy fries. Way better than the old ones they had.

And it's Australian bacon - we have this conversation every time someone outside the US posts a burger photo :D (Australian bacon > American)

e: and chips is also an acceptable term for those delicious chunks of heaven

iajanus fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Sep 17, 2015

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
That's actual bacon. Outside of north America people eat bacon that contains meat.

The patty looks like it is a poorly cooked flat rissole though. Was it straight up just minced beef or is it beef and other shot like eggs and bread crumbs? I'm glad your pub has burgers now

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Fenrir posted:

Wait, what.

I like In-n-out better than shake shack, honestly.. I wonder if there's like, some really bad in-n-out that just isn't as good as it should be somewhere, and that's the one you ran into.

It was the one in Millbrae. Went back after the Niners game and ordered the same thing but Med. Rare and it was much better. Still prefer shake shack and shack sauce, though.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Nothing adulterating the beef. Was very finely minced, but pretty tasty and quite large.

Tell me about it - the pub is super conveniently located but for ages has been in a weird limbo state with its menu where it thinks it's some sort of hybrid cafe/upmarket-restaurant and doesn't do traditional pub grub. It's got new owners and they've decided to stop being fuckwits and do proper pub food. Good steaks and burgers are now available and my arteries are hardening in anticipation.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I'm taking off to Europe Friday and will explore the European Burger Landscape for you all.

Basically doing the reverse of my ancestors as I assume they came to North America in search of burgers as well.

Wish me luck and fair trade winds.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Today was our burger special at work and I swear I cooked 150 burgers today.

So many burgers and I didn't even have one for dinner why :negative:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Chinatown posted:

I'm taking off to Europe Friday and will explore the European Burger Landscape for you all.

Basically doing the reverse of my ancestors as I assume they came to North America in search of burgers as well.

Wish me luck and fair trade winds.

Burg on the seven seas, bro.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Nephzinho posted:

Does anyone bake their own buns and have a good recipe? Currently I use Martin's potato buns, lightly buttered then thrown on the grill to toast. They don't handle large burgers or large amounts of toppings well, though.

Do this:
http://www.theclevercarrot.com/2013/05/light-brioche-hamburger-buns/

Then read this:
http://www.kingarthurflour.com/blog/2015/06/28/brioche-buns/

Then do the first thing again, but better.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
Furger sounds like a woman part which isn't shaved.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Hob_Gadling posted:

Furger sounds like a woman part which isn't shaved.

thats because you've spent no time around a woman

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer

Tom Brady posted:

Yeah, or a piece of fish between bread. Should probably give it a shot!

rj54x
Sep 16, 2007

Tom Brady posted:

Fur Burger is a fairly common euphemism for an unshaven vagina. Seeing 'furger' and thinking of the same is really a totally understable thing in that context.

See also - bearded clam, sideways sloppy joe, etc.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

rj54x posted:

Fur Burger is a fairly common euphemism for an unshaven vagina. Seeing 'furger' and thinking of the same is really a totally understable thing in that context.

See also - bearded clam, sideways sloppy joe, etc.

In a thread about burgers you think something called a furger should be reasonably mistaken for a hairy pubis

rj54x
Sep 16, 2007

Tom Brady posted:

In a thread about burgers you think something called a furger should be reasonably mistaken for a hairy pubis

Yup! Let us count the reasons:

1. Furger is a made up word, that sounds similiar to a known phrase (Fur Burger). The latter phrase actually has the word "burger" in it.
2. A burger and a hairy pubis have a number of similiarities in general structure, with a meaty bit between two less-meaty bits.
3. Both a hairy pubis and a good burger are quite juicy when munched.
4. In the context of this thread, "furger" is a burger made with fish. An unkempt hairy pubis might well also have a fishy sort of aroma to it.
5. :spergin:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

rj54x posted:

1. Furger is a made up word, that sounds similiar to a known phrase (Fur Burger). The latter phrase actually has the word "burger" in it.
2. A burger and a hairy pubis have a number of similiarities in general structure, with a meaty bit between two less-meaty bits.
4. In the context of this thread, "furger" is a burger made with fish. An unkempt hairy pubis might well also have a fishy sort of aroma to it.

lighten up francis

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

rj54x posted:

:sludgepal:

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

rj54x posted:

you wrote this out i can't even :psyboom:

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Burger Thread: Both a hairy pubis and a good burger are quite juicy when munched

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

Can we post pictures of hairy vags in this thread now, discussing the taste of them?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

:stare:

rj54x
Sep 16, 2007
Also technically a furger:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

rj54x posted:

Also technically a furger:

Wheres the cheese

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Jamsta posted:

Can we post pictures of hairy vags in this thread now, discussing the taste of them?

Sorry, no.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Chinatown posted:

Wheres the cheese

You don't want to know.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
Welp - we had a good run

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Nation posted:

Welp - we had a good run

Just another wave

corsair
Jan 10, 2001

iajanus posted:

They were awesome crunchy fries. Way better than the old ones they had.

And it's Australian bacon - we have this conversation every time someone outside the US posts a burger photo :D (Australian bacon > American)

e: and chips is also an acceptable term for those delicious chunks of heaven

So it's like Canadian bacon ?

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

corsair posted:

So it's like Canadian bacon ?

It's call back bacon ya git

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Back_bacon

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

That looks like a thin pork chop

corsair
Jan 10, 2001

I know :)

corsair
Jan 10, 2001
I also don't appreciate being called a git you tosser

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

we better not be starting a pork related race war

why cant american pork belly and yurp/cannuck/dingo back rashers live together in love and unity

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'll admit they are all delicious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i'm not really a fan of eggs on burgers. they're hard to get cooked on time and make it even messier to eat than normal if they aren't overcooked

• Locked thread