Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

ZIGfried posted:

Has the "Ahmad Bradshaw to the Colts" dream died for this week? I need a kicker.

I don't recall any recent news about Bradshaw to imply that there was a dream to die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Azhais posted:

I don't recall any recent news about Bradshaw to imply that there was a dream to die

http://www.inquisitr.com/2425330/nfl-rumors-indianapolis-colts-interested-in-rb-ahmad-bradshaw-and-dt-devon-still/

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
Well poo poo. Alshon Jeffery experiencing hamstring tightness this week after playing week 1. Didn't practice today and questionable for Sunday.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
McCoy officially questionable for Sunday's game with seemingly lingering hamstring issues, so hope you picked up Karlos Williams already.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Epi Lepi posted:

Can someone tell me about MFL and how it compares to ESPN? What makes it worth paying for?

My friends and I are considering starting a dynasty league and have been evaluating what site we're going to use. Right now ESPN is still our favorite because we prefer it's layout, Game Center and news sections, but it's weakness is lack of IDP projections(I know projections are poo poo but it's nice having some idea of what people are thinking).

So who uses MFL and why?

MFL's major selling point is you can customize every setting to your liking. If you're looking for some serious customization in your scoring/league setup, you won't find much else that leaves all your options open.

That said, it is also highly dependent on how well put together the final site is.

I'd recommend to steer clear unless there's something you want to setup with your league that nothing else out there will do for you.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Do you guys think Sproles is startable now?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is it worth dropping Stevie, Boldin, or Beasley for Karlos Williams?

Non-ppr. My Rbs as of now are L. Bell, CJ Anderson, Randle, & Abdullah

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Prophecy120 posted:

Well poo poo. Alshon Jeffery experiencing hamstring tightness this week after playing week 1. Didn't practice today and questionable for Sunday.
lol if you think that poo poo is gonna trick me into starting eddie royal again, fuckin bears

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

RCarr posted:

Is it worth dropping Stevie, Boldin, or Beasley for Karlos Williams?

Non-ppr. My Rbs as of now are L. Bell, CJ Anderson, Randle, & Abdullah

stevie NO
boldin yes
beasley yes

your RB's are good enough that I wouldn't start williams over them. maybe cja in hindsight

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
if you drafted a bear who isn't forte sorry for your loss

VDay posted:

McCoy officially questionable for Sunday's game with seemingly lingering hamstring issues, so hope you picked up Karlos Williams already.

things everyone should've seen coming since OTAs for $100

vvv e: TEs don't count no one cares about them. if you didn't wait until the 10th+ for eifert or miller, see above

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Dandy Kaiser posted:

if you drafted a bear who isn't forte sorry for your loss

You don't think Bennett will get his? I do.

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

Hmmmmmm, strongly wondering if I need to make a move for Karlos Williams. This league loves grabbing RB depth. (1 PPR) It would be nice to grab Williams before the McCoy owner does, but I'm not sure where I'd drop someone. I assume either Charles Johnson or Aghalor, but I don't know enough about either of them to decide if they're all hype. (I have Palmer and Tannehill because I don't trust either of them enough to have only 1).

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Bummed out over CJA, but thankfully he was my 2nd round pick, so I have Marshawn Lynch. What does everyone think about Alfred Morris as RB2? I've had him on the bench, since I liked Eric Decker more on Flex, but it looks like he just got promoted.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Dandy Kaiser posted:

things everyone should've seen coming since OTAs for $100

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!

quote:

Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26 2m2 minutes agoDallas, TX
Bill O'Brien says nothing ruled out concerning Arian Foster's availability for Sunday. He was on the practice field today. #Texans

:woop:

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

ElGroucho posted:

Bummed out over CJA, but thankfully he was my 2nd round pick, so I have Marshawn Lynch. What does everyone think about Alfred Morris as RB2? I've had him on the bench, since I liked Eric Decker more on Flex, but it looks like he just got promoted.
Alfred Morris is the bellcow RB of a run-oriented team with a decent offense, you should be starting him every week.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

believes that mccoy is over the hill and when he's not running into the backs of linemen, he's scampering to the sideline because he knows the next hit is going to turn his brittle old body to dust

he's 2006-07 shaun alexander

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

His brittle, 27 year old body

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

His brittle, 27 year old body

He's only ~300 carries behind where Alexander was when he fell off the cliff and he's already been hurt (I know, I know) like 3 of the last 4 seasons.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Why is everyone so down on McCoy? He even burned me last season with my #1 overall pick, and I'm okay with having him (as my RB2 cause I also have Lynch)

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

I had it narrowed down to the two of them and I took Woodhead over Karlos at the #8 waiver spot in my standard league this week and I'll be sad if it turns out that Karlos would have been the better ROS pickup.

I already have Knile Davis on my bench, though, and figured it would be better to have a guy who is actually startable over yet another handcuff/injury lottery ticket.

Parker Lewis fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Sep 18, 2015

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

VDay posted:

gently caress. Yes.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Who would you rather own:

Karlos Williams or David Johnson

.5 ppr, I don't have either starter and currently have D.Johns.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Sep 18, 2015

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

MacheteZombie posted:

Who would you rather own:

Karlos Williams or David Johnson

.5 ppr, I don't either starter and currently have D.Johns.

Push, they both have plusses and minuses.

David Johnson:

+Better team/offense
+Ellington is definitely injured, not just probably injured.
+Shown flashes that he could be really good
-CJ?K is fighting for snaps
-Ellington will come back sooner or later.

Karlos Williams:

+Really really loving good at running the football, his YPC so far is insane
+Run-first offense with Tyrod helping to confuse the LBs/DEs
+He's the undisputed next man up and will be the bellcow if McCoy sits
-McCoy just got a huge contract so as long as he's remotely healthy, Karlos won't supplant him
-McCoy is probably hosed, but certainly not definitely hosed. There's still a lot of uncertainty about how much time he may or may not miss this season.

Like I said, push.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Would you drop Perriman, Agholor, or Martavis to make room for both?

Actually never mind I dropped Stafford for him (I have Big Ben).

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Franks Happy Place posted:

Push, they both have plusses and minuses.

David Johnson:

+Better team/offense
+Ellington is definitely injured, not just probably injured.
+Shown flashes that he could be really good
-CJ?K is fighting for snaps
-Ellington will come back sooner or later.

Karlos Williams:

+Really really loving good at running the football, his YPC so far is insane
+Run-first offense with Tyrod helping to confuse the LBs/DEs
+He's the undisputed next man up and will be the bellcow if McCoy sits
-McCoy just got a huge contract so as long as he's remotely healthy, Karlos won't supplant him
-McCoy is probably hosed, but certainly not definitely hosed. There's still a lot of uncertainty about how much time he may or may not miss this season.

Like I said, push.

I think in a situation like this I'd probably use talent as a tiebreaker and imo Williams is the more talented back. I have DJ and if Williams were out there, I'd probably make the swap myself. Also, CJ's corpse muddling things is probably the biggest of each back's two minuses

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

24-7 Urkel Cosplay posted:

Hmmmmmm, strongly wondering if I need to make a move for Karlos Williams. This league loves grabbing RB depth. (1 PPR) It would be nice to grab Williams before the McCoy owner does, but I'm not sure where I'd drop someone. I assume either Charles Johnson or Aghalor, but I don't know enough about either of them to decide if they're all hype. (I have Palmer and Tannehill because I don't trust either of them enough to have only 1).

I would probably just stand pat if I were you. Charles/Hill/Hyde/Ivory is a really solid RB core so the only time you'd ever start Williams is if McCoy actually misses serious time and Williams gets the starting job and runs away with it.

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Why is everyone so down on McCoy? He even burned me last season with my #1 overall pick, and I'm okay with having him (as my RB2 cause I also have Lynch)

Well he seems to have a nagging hamstring and might miss the second game of the season after a CJ Andersonesque 2.4 ypc in the first game of the season. Why aren't people down on him?

e: And to clarify because people tend to get carried away in these threads, I don't think you should go out and drop anyone halfway decent for Williams, but a promising RB who might get a chance to start over an unimpressive, banged up starter is usually worth stashing. Just keep in mind that chances are McCoy comes back (or even plays this week) and just keeps being mediocre and you drop Williams in three weeks anyway so, again, don't get your hopes up super high just yet.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Dandy Kaiser posted:

I have DJ and if Williams were out there, I'd probably make the swap myself.

I was leaning this way as well, but I finally decided two QBs was stupid to roster. Even with everyone else in the league storing 2.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Foster might play this week what the gently caress

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Lmao

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Would you drop any of these guys for Karlos?

Wheaton, Lockett, Dunbar, or Beasley.

Leaning Wheaton

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

^^^e: yeah I think Wheaton is a safe drop if he's just taking up space on your bench. Once Bryant comes back, he should go back to being irrelevant.

we are going to watch a man die on the field

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

ZenVulgarity posted:

Foster might play this week what the gently caress

If he does well Im thinking of selling as high as I can.

That just reeks of rushing back too soon.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Dandy Kaiser posted:

^^^e: yeah I think Wheaton is a safe drop if he's just taking up space on your bench. Once Bryant comes back, he should go back to being irrelevant.

we are going to watch a man die on the field

Yea, he'd only be a consideration for the Flex, and i have Allen Robinson there right now and soon it will be Lamar Miller there depending on if Foster comes back and dies or not.

If McCoy is ruled out, starting Karlos Williams over CJ2k is a no brainer yes? But what if he's not ruled out?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Guy in my pubbie league accepted my Foster and Andre Johnson for CJA and Hilton trade :getin:

QB: Tannehill/Brady
WR: Cobb
WR: Hilton
WR: James Jones
RB: Miller
RB: Ivory
TE: Eifert
BN: Abdullah, Anderson, Coleman, Perriman, Dez

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

dy. posted:

Alfred Morris is the bellcow RB of a run-oriented team with a decent offense, you should be starting him every week.

Counter-point: He's facing the Rams who bottled up Marshawn Lynch pretty well last week. Lynch scored a decent amount of points but he's Lynch and Morris is not Lynch.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Guy in my pubbie league accepted my Foster and Andre Johnson for CJA and Hilton trade :getin:

QB: Tannehill/Brady
WR: Cobb
WR: Hilton
WR: James Jones
RB: Miller
RB: Ivory
TE: Eifert
BN: Abdullah, Anderson, Coleman, Perriman, Dez

I'd be pretty pumped to unload CJA for Foster. Obviously TY for AJ80 is a win as long as his injury doesn't linger.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

VietCampo posted:

Yea, he'd only be a consideration for the Flex, and i have Allen Robinson there right now and soon it will be Lamar Miller there depending on if Foster comes back and dies or not.

If McCoy is ruled out, starting Karlos Williams over CJ2k is a no brainer yes? But what if he's not ruled out?

I am almost tempted to start Williams regardless, because McCoy sounds busted and even if they "start" him to save face, he's going to be on a snap count etc.

Keep watching this situation for more info, but right now I'm REALLY down on McCoy.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

ZIGfried posted:

I'd be pretty pumped to unload CJA for Foster. Obviously TY for AJ80 is a win as long as his injury doesn't linger.

I look at it as a free upgrade from Anderson to Hilton. Now instead of playing the "when will Foster get hurt? because he's clearly rushing himself back" game, i can play the "can CJA fix himself?" game. I drafted Foster as an RB4 and essentially this trade is like me drafting Hilton in the 4th and Anderson in the 11th, and I really don't know how you can't call that a win for me.

e: If Dez comes back and plays any meaningful football down the stretch, a starting WR stable of Dez/Cobb/Hilton is nuts and whether CJA unfucks himself is irrelevant when I can play those 3 WRs with two of Ivory/Miller/Abdullah

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Sep 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

VDay posted:

I would probably just stand pat if I were you. Charles/Hill/Hyde/Ivory is a really solid RB core so the only time you'd ever start Williams is if McCoy actually misses serious time and Williams gets the starting job and runs away with it.

Well he seems to have a nagging hamstring and might miss the second game of the season after a CJ Andersonesque 2.4 ypc in the first game of the season. Why aren't people down on him?

e: And to clarify because people tend to get carried away in these threads, I don't think you should go out and drop anyone halfway decent for Williams, but a promising RB who might get a chance to start over an unimpressive, banged up starter is usually worth stashing. Just keep in mind that chances are McCoy comes back (or even plays this week) and just keeps being mediocre and you drop Williams in three weeks anyway so, again, don't get your hopes up super high just yet.

Alright good, that's what I was feeling.

• Locked thread