Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Why even bother trying to understand an ideology if you have to read about it, am I right guys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments
What do you mean I need to read the book before writing a book report *faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart*

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

asdf32 posted:

Oh so you didn't read my book or study all my definitions. Let me link a quick 42 page read that explains it all.

Hey guys I'm just joking around, about people who aren't me.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Muscle Tracer posted:

fishmech is more correct (and posts some a+ content when you don't disagree with him) whereas asdf would be in the ultrabland megaboring zone of "not even wrong" if he was even a little consistent

Yeah fish mechs problem is he is pedantic as all gently caress, but at least he is correct more often than not.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah fish mechs problem is he is pedantic as all gently caress, but at least he is correct more often than not.

Is fish mech guy this "nintendo kid" who posts really pedantic arguments in every single thread in every single sub-forum on all of SA and is the god-expert on every subject imaginable and is really sick and tired of people being wrong on the internet to the point that he'll spend hours misinterpreting what you said in a way that lets him be correcting you on some point you may not have been even making?

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Baronjutter posted:

Is fish mech guy this "nintendo kid" who posts really pedantic arguments in every single thread in every single sub-forum on all of SA and is the god-expert on every subject imaginable and is really sick and tired of people being wrong on the internet to the point that he'll spend hours misinterpreting what you said in a way that lets him be correcting you on some point you may not have been even making?

That's the one. He also occasionally makes humorous jokes, which means he's a better poster than Jrod or asdf.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
He is surprisingly not poo poo when ti comes to archaic first person shooters though.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Baronjutter posted:

Yeah, and it's hilarious when he makes some really loving obvious mistake (like suggesting Iraq is near Australia).

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
fishmech is real and strong and my friend, please do not besmirch him, here, in this thread

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Literally The Worst posted:

fishmech is real and strong and my friend, please do not besmirch him, here, in this thread

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Caros posted:

Just going to leave this here so I can get it easily if jrodefeld ever comes back. Here is Stefan molyneux doing an interview with Bell Curve author Charles Murray where the interview not only doesn't involve beating Charles Murray to within an inch of his life but is in fact a discussion about his book in general and how fully 50% of all Sub-Saharan Africans (including their US descendants) have an iq of 70 or less, which would make them mentally retarded.

So yeah, turns out he is racist as well as misogynistic. Who would have thunk it.

https://youtu.be/6lsa_97KIlc

I started watching this but I gave up. YouTube did recommend me another Molyneaux video though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4SS8uyhQnY
The Truth About South Africa and Apartheid :vuvu:

We're the Freedom People! Liberate man from the tyranny of the State. Okay, here's your government-defined racial catagory, these soldiers will now show you to the few places you're legally allowed to live. Ah freedom.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Wow guys it wasn't racism, it was just concern for the survival of the white population. Racists would never think of putting it that way.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Yeah, and it's hilarious when he makes some really loving obvious mistake (like suggesting Iraq is near Australia).

Sometimes wikipedia has an error on it

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

If it was in perceived self-defense, what's the harm of apartheid anyway

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Actually if you think about it the blacks did initiate force by existing in areas of economic value and furthermore *posts ten mises.org links*

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

If it was in perceived self-defense, what's the harm of apartheid anyway

All the Afrikaaners did was stand their ground.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

VitalSigns posted:

I started watching this but I gave up. YouTube did recommend me another Molyneaux video though

We're the Freedom People! Liberate man from the tyranny of the State. Okay, here's your government-defined racial catagory, these soldiers will now show you to the few places you're legally allowed to live. Ah freedom.

friends, apartheid isn't *racism*, it's just a comprehensive social apparatus that exists to subjugate one ethnically-distinct group beneath another!

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Cerebral Bore posted:

Actually if you think about it the blacks did initiate force by existing in areas of economic value and furthermore *posts ten mises.org links*

Having something I want is initiating force against me and I am well within my rights to defend myself and remove the threatening situation.

Caros
May 14, 2008

VitalSigns posted:

I saw that one when I looked at his page but to be perfectly honest my brain just said "NOPE".

I can handle Charles Murray because Im desensitized, but anyone defending apartheid in ttyol 2015 makes me feel like my brain is gonna leak out my ears.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

VitalSigns posted:

I'm watching the video, and I don't understand where this guy's cult appeal comes from. I had heard somewhere that he was a reasonably charismatic an-cap guru, or something like that. This is just a boring PP presentation by some racist rear end in a top hat.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

fischmech was one of 4 people on my ignore list, and is the only one I later changed my mind and took back off. His gimmick is way less tiring than MIGF's.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

fischmech was one of 4 people on my ignore list, and is the only one I later changed my mind and took back off. His gimmick is way less tiring than MIGF's.

Wait, you haven't ignored all of the sincere pro-gamegaters? :chanpop:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Jack of Hearts posted:

I'm watching the video, and I don't understand where this guy's cult appeal comes from. I had heard somewhere that he was a reasonably charismatic an-cap guru, or something like that. This is just a boring PP presentation by some racist rear end in a top hat.

He doesn't have to be charismatic or intelligent. He just tells his supporters what they want to hear.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Klaus88 posted:

I have managed to avoid our contingent of alligators. That, or I had ignored them already for one reason or another.

Caros
May 14, 2008

DarklyDreaming posted:

He doesn't have to be charismatic or intelligent. He just tells his supporters what they want to hear.

The quirk to molyneux is he is just well spoken enough that he can come off as a voice of authority. He has an acting background and he doesn't use a lot of filler ummm and uhhs as he speaks.

This coupled with the fact that he presents a lot of (misleading) data makes him someone you can point to and pretend the he is an intellectual. You pile on the personal cult and it becomes hard to just point out to a would be follower that he is as much a kook as some bearded fifty year old with a barely functional webcam.

You are absolutely right however, thst is biggest success is jumping out in front. His misogyny for example, is a recent affectation. Back in 2009 or 2010 you wouldn't see what you see now with blatant attacks on women, but once he realized there was a solid MRA crossover with his existing audience you can drat well bet he jumped on top of that.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

It's not a gimmick, he's just that good

Caros
May 14, 2008

It's not a gimmick, he's just that good

:fishmech:

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

If somebody paid 30 bucks for :fishmech:, then the free market has determined that fishmech is worth 3 normal posters and that you are wrong and bad. Checkmate statist :smug:

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Jack of Hearts posted:

When you're a racist rear end in a top hat (aka libertarian) he is an intellectual orator.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Jack of Hearts posted:

This is just a boring PP presentation by some racist rear end in a top hat.

This describes literally all libertarians, so that shouldn't be the least bit surprising.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

It just shows what a sham ancapism is. You would think, out of any policy in the world, the one a libertarian would definitely oppose is the government defining racial categories and then sending MEN WITH GUNS to tell you where you can live and impose themselves on the job creators' precious freedom of contract by dictating whom they can hire, but hahaha nope that all gets selectively defined as "self-defense" and "retaliatory force"

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Klaus88 posted:

They don't usually have the endurance to last more than a couple posts, so I just skip a couple pages on a thread that gets onto gg arguments.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Jack of Hearts posted:

The first thing you have to realize is that the video portion is just there so he can have something up on YouTube. He's not trying to put together a slick video presentation, he's just using YouTube to distribute podcasts. It's like the Sam Sedar videos people post. The content isn't the video. It's a guy sitting at a desk talking into a microphone.

I think the real reason why people find him so charismatic is that he's long winded, and he appeals to the teenage mentality of "everybody else is a sheep."

On the long-winded side: there's a group of people out there who fashion themselves as intellectuals. They like to think that they are so much smarter than everybody else, and what's something a smart person can do? Go in depth on a subject matter. For example, I could talk for hours about broadcasting and how all the various things work and still have more to say, where the average person could maybe go five minutes before saying "Well, I just turn on the TV and I get pictures. That's all I care about!" Most of us see them as total buffoons, because often, they don't know the difference between having a lot to say and just saying a lot. Take JRod's posts: nine times out of ten, you could cut out at least 50% of the sentences and get the same amount of information across. The other thing is that they start talking about things that people really don't care about, which also helps hide their ignorance from most people. After all, if you started going into the history of American Slavery, the average person knows it exists and they think it was a bad thing that should not have happened, but most of them don't really care enough to know about the particulars. And amazingly, people like Monyleaux can talk about a lot of things in depth for hours on end. Clearly, he must be a genius!

And that ties into "sheeple" point. Ancap is based upon this idea that you have some secret understanding of how the world really works, and everybody is just blind to it. And if they would only open their eyes and see for themselves! So, you have this guy talking about all this esoteric poo poo in depth, playing into your fantasy that you and he really knows what's going on and everybody else is an idiot, and it gets you. After all, we want to belong to something. You can see that from all the AnCaps in this thread. They constantly talk about how we just need to think for ourselves, before plagiarizing Mises.org.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Cemetry Gator posted:

On the long-winded side: there's a group of people out there who fashion themselves as intellectuals. They like to think that they are so much smarter than everybody else, and what's something a smart person can do? Go in depth on a subject matter. For example, I could talk for hours about broadcasting and how all the various things work and still have more to say, where the average person could maybe go five minutes before saying "Well, I just turn on the TV and I get pictures. That's all I care about!" Most of us see them as total buffoons, because often, they don't know the difference between having a lot to say and just saying a lot. Take JRod's posts: nine times out of ten, you could cut out at least 50% of the sentences and get the same amount of information across. The other thing is that they start talking about things that people really don't care about, which also helps hide their ignorance from most people. After all, if you started going into the history of American Slavery, the average person knows it exists and they think it was a bad thing that should not have happened, but most of them don't really care enough to know about the particulars. And amazingly, people like Monyleaux can talk about a lot of things in depth for hours on end. Clearly, he must be a genius!

My theory on JRod's absence is that critiquing his writing style got under his skin more than critiquing his ideas ever could.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

VitalSigns posted:

It just shows what a sham ancapism is. You would think, out of any policy in the world, the one a libertarian would definitely oppose is the government defining racial categories and then sending MEN WITH GUNS to tell you where you can live and impose themselves on the job creators' precious freedom of contract by dictating whom they can hire, but hahaha nope that all gets selectively defined as "self-defense" and "retaliatory force"

Ancaps love this because they like to imagine a post-government world where the men with guns are their employees.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Nolanar posted:

My theory on JRod's absence is that critiquing his writing style got under his skin more than critiquing his ideas ever could.

My dream is that he's finally realized the error of his ways and is actually doing something with his life.

But it's much more likely that he's died from drinking unpasteurized milk or something :ohdear:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Typical Pubbie posted:

Ancaps love this because they like to imagine a post-government world where the men with guns are their employees.

They never take this to the logical conclusion where the men with guns just kill them and take what they want from the cold dead hands of the Ancaps.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Nolanar posted:

To be honest I think it was mostly because we pointed out how much of a dumbass he was and how his ideas had zero substance. I have never otherwise met somebody that could type so much and say absolutely nothing.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Muscle Tracer posted:

My dream is that he's finally realized the error of his ways and is actually doing something with his life.

But it's much more likely that he's died from drinking unpasteurized milk or something :ohdear:
A quick google search pops him up as recently as two months ago, so there's hope yet.

:unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Klaus88 posted:

They never take this to the logical conclusion where the men with guns just kill them and take what they want from the cold dead hands of the Ancaps.

Don't be ridiculous Klaus, that would be illegal.