Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Who has actually ran a PRT not hungover or still drunk I mean come on

Actually seems like Mil people plan heavy weekday drinking night right before a fitness test. Makes u think

They're just carb-loading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Got a ship underway once while still drunk. I was very careful to not breathe too much or sit too close to anyone during that nav brief.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Turning into story time but I was nearly blackout drunk sandwiching 2 slices of pizza together in one hand because we had to make curfew, ID in the other. Furiously devouring my pizza and actively chewing as I walked by the QD with my ID up face in pizza and mumbled"permission to come in" as I non-nonchalantly walked by

Being that it was th Subic I think they were just glad people even made it back to the ship. Friends said the dude just shrugged

The drunk CO or whatever passing out on the QD and the arriving/departing bell is my fav GIP one tho

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Had our (drunk) admiral get rung on by his first name once, at his request, it was great because the CDO completely lost his poo poo.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

We had the brand new sassy female black chief selectee running up and down the catwalk yelling at the 100+ people carrying a ton of gear for not saluting the ensign. Took an e-8 to make sense of it all arguing about first and last saluting when there's a ton of people. I don't know what official policy is but it sure was funny to see her pacing back and forth frothing at the mouth yelling at everyone wearing a ton of gear and carrying poo poo

:chiefsay: I'm a chief hear me roar

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
this is why you always carry poo poo with both hands and give a verbal greeting

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

ded posted:

this is why you always carry poo poo with both hands and give a verbal greeting

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening America!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Null Integer posted:

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening America!

Thank you for your service!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Boon posted:

Got a ship underway once while still drunk. I was very careful to not breathe too much or sit too close to anyone during that nav brief.

Everyone taking part in every foreign port sea and anchor is either still drunk or horribly hung over.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Stultus Maximus posted:

Everyone taking part in every foreign port sea and anchor is either still drunk or horribly hung over.

Hey, we have to keep our traditions going don't we?

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I should have joined the loving air force.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Anita Dickinme posted:

:cool:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

He's out! How was your boot camp experience shipmate!

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Anita Dickinme posted:

Boot?
When people ask you what you learned just take off your T-shirt, fold it, and say 1 inch to the left of your underwear or whatever

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

LingcodKilla posted:

He's out! How was your boot camp experience shipmate!

Stenciling for a third of boot camp has given me valuable life lessons.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Please tell me you roll around in public with your black backpack, navy Nalgene bottle, and boot division shirt. With cargo shorts. And socks with sandals.

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Please tell me you roll around in public with your black backpack, navy Nalgene bottle, and boot division shirt. With cargo shorts. And socks with sandals.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Fart Sandwiches posted:

I was at the navy exchange buying all the MMA branded clothes I could following boot.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
I wear my NSU's to the mall so I can ride the shuttle for free.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Anita Dickinme posted:

Idiot boot camp doesn't teach you poo poo dumb gently caress

Edit: Well that's not entirely true. It teaches you how to hate.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I learned some people can survive on only eating breakfast cereal for every meal.

That's just weird.

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

LingcodKilla posted:

I learned some people can survive on only eating breakfast cereal for every meal.

That's just weird.

This is an important survival skill for shipboard life.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Octopode posted:

I think my primary source of plant-based food on the ship was hot sauce

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Anita Dickinme posted:

Don't they give you velcro name tapes now?

:bahgawd: When I was in basic, we stenciled everything! :bahgawd:

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Octopode posted:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Mad Dragon posted:

Don't they give you velcro name tapes now?

:bahgawd: When I was in basic, we stenciled everything! :bahgawd:

Since at least the mid 2000s you get a stamp kit and everything still gets a stamp.

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

Fart Sandwiches posted:

It's amazing that people actually buy those boot camp division shirts. It just screams "Boot as gently caress and proud!" or "Only real shirt I own"

Speaking of which, almost time to start my "Dealing with boots for 6 months adventure" or "A-School here I come"

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

Boon posted:

This is surprisingly not all that uncommon in 7th Fleet during typhoon season when ships are randomly sortieing for weather... Especially when you only have 2 qualified master helmsmen and they were both drinking together 4 hours ago... :angel:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Null Integer posted:

It's amazing that people actually buy those boot camp division shirts. It just screams "Boot as gently caress and proud!" or "Only real shirt I own"

Speaking of which, almost time to start my "Dealing with boots for 6 months adventure" or "A-School here I come"

I always assumed they made you.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Pretty sure almost everyone bought one because they had no civ clothes, so the liberty or w/e you get at the end of boot camp post-graduation you'll have very little to wear, at least until you get to a-school.

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

krispykremessuck posted:

he's so old he got hemorrhoid surgery in bootcamp instead of getting his wisdom teeth pulled

:supaburn:

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

Stultus Maximus posted:

I always assumed they made you.

It is optional. Just don't fill out the order form. It's just stupid boot logic of "I won't have anything to wear" without having enough common sense to realize that wherever they end up afterwards will have some kind of exchange. Having pride in your bootcamp division after boot is done is one of the most retarded things out there, no one cares that your division was "CNO/Hall of Fame/Dick Sucking Champs Division 234" and all the shirt says is "I survived bootcamp but you can already tell that by looking at me as I cower in fear and pop perfect attention as an ensign passes me" or "OMG, did you see that CMDR the other day? I know! I remember that rank! So scary!"

In short, I hate boots.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I bought $1000 worth of boot camp tshirts.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Mr. Nice! posted:

LMAO. You really are boot as gently caress for falling for that. ;)

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

krispykremessuck posted:

he's so old he got hemorrhoid surgery in bootcamp instead of getting his wisdom teeth pulled

Hey I was out of Boot for two months when that happened.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Mr. Nice! posted:

thank you for your service

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
And you thought VCHT was a terrible system

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

What is it with Germans and poo poo?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

vulturesrow posted:

LMAO. You really are boot as gently caress for falling for that. ;)

I'm pretty sure I have a division photo somewhere with all of them wearing my loving shirts. I drop a god drat g on those things and I didn't even get one. The loving commodore and command senior chief did, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm pretty sure I have a division photo somewhere with all of them wearing my loving shirts. I drop a god drat g on those things and I didn't even get one. The loving commodore and command senior chief did, though.

I forgot to tag my post with your trigger warning: Shirts.

• Locked thread