Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
I don't understand the complaints, if you want to get the good bonus, then you can easily do it FTP by saving credits for two weeks and buying argents with credits if you have to, but you will easily make it to the 150 bonus. Everything else is vanity items, and after the event is over all the poo poo will be for sale in the cash shop.

Also to get the race car is as little as 20 as long as you don't get massively unlucky.

I really like the ketchup system, I'm going to be getting a new class symbol every two weeks easily now.

And finally something everyone forgot to mention YOU GET 20% MORE SPARKS FOR DOING MECHANOID DUNGEONS, because of the invasion. So it's even faster spark gen for people who have trouble getting the cap.

This entire fiasco seems more like a complete failure by the devs to actually explain the reason for the special events, which it looks like the main purpose is to introduce new cash shop items and give you a chance to get them early, and also to make it more palatable they give you a few game play changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
You can theoretically do it F2P, but currently maximizing Credits is hands-down the worst part of the grind of the game, primarily because of how tedious it is and how it requires ignoring certain basic mechanics. Holy Texts are the best way to consume your Credits cap - so to maximize on Holy Texts for the millions of Credits you will need, not only do you have to do hundreds of missions that drop Holy Texts, you have to outright ignore all loot, or you're losing premium on your Credits - this includes, tangibly, boss loot, because you can't get rid of rings, amulets, and weapons without disassembling them.

This also means that PvP should be avoided, where PvP is probably pretty easily the best part of the game: PvP not only gives a large amount of gear, the bags also inherently destroy your Credit cap.

This issue is just compounded with the obtuse difficulty of actually farming for gear - rings show up less commonly now since weapons show up constantly from boss loot, and usually white or green rarity. The likelihood for a blue ring is immensely low unless you're with a group, but Prestige scaling means you specifically need a premade group to not have Proficiency scaled way under what it should be. This is especially bad because rings are your greatest source of damage, so they especially should be kept up to date - an impossible task even for the most dedicated grinding.

In this sense, it's kind of ridiculous to complain about the Sparks cap because at least then you have other rewards while failing to get new rings.

Ultimately the problem lies in that it's the most blatant treadmill possible - the extrinsic reward you have for playing is increasing numbers which are made more obviously meaningless than other games because everything else increases proportionally or moreso, meaning things don't really change. The game is fun, but for the time dedication it asks by being an MMO, perhaps not fun enough.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
So how do you get mechanoid sparks and ether cores? I got a bunch of cores in my first dungeon of the day but now I've gotten nothing since then. and I randomly got 100 mechanoid sparks but nothing on subsequent runs in mechanoid dungeons.

Grittykitty
Aug 10, 2004
Sand makes it scratchy
Soiled Meat
I open skyforge and I have a 4.2 GB patch to download. What the hell.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Kurieg posted:

So how do you get mechanoid sparks and ether cores? I got a bunch of cores in my first dungeon of the day but now I've gotten nothing since then. and I randomly got 100 mechanoid sparks but nothing on subsequent runs in mechanoid dungeons.

You have to hit a threshold of mechanoid tokens to get another batch of mechanoid sparks. The tokens are displayed in the valuables tab under 'Knowledge of invasions' but if you complete a mechanoid dungeon it doesn't actually tell you how many you got. Then to know the number of the next threshold you have to click the invasion event on the world map.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Joust posted:

You have to hit a threshold of mechanoid tokens to get another batch of mechanoid sparks. The tokens are displayed in the valuables tab under 'Knowledge of invasions' but if you complete a mechanoid dungeon it doesn't actually tell you how many you got. Then to know the number of the next threshold you have to click the invasion event on the world map.

If you S rank a normal dungeon it seems to be around 2700? But the invasion missions themselves probably give way more than that.

ttocs7
Sep 14, 2010
I logged in, got like 200k credits, 950 or so argents and a reliquary! The reliquary dream isn't dead!

Sash23-83
Jan 23, 2010

lost

a cat on an apple posted:

this includes, tangibly, boss loot, because you can't get rid of rings, amulets, and weapons without disassembling them.

This update added the option to disassemble loot into enhancement stones or threads. So you can still pick up boss drops and get loot/class sparks while grinding out that credit cap. Still a pain in the rear end though.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Honestly seeing how they translated this event kind of kills it for me since it really isn't an event but a flashier lockbox, dangling those sweet goodies in front of you and you could totally own them if you spend a random amount of money on it. Doing this for multi spec is problematic at best, doing it for things that flat out give you an advantage over non paying players like two chapels per province or that extra might and stamina is so blatantly pay to win I can barely believe it. Maybe I'm just getting too old for the genre.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Washout posted:

If you S rank a normal dungeon it seems to be around 2700? But the invasion missions themselves probably give way more than that.

I got 7k for a Palon Protype Plant run but I'm not sure if it is scaling up based on difficulty or rank or based on which adventure it is or what.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Doing the grand prix isn't bad actually, I'm selling everything I get from it besides the revives and the ones that become tokens and sometimes I get on a roll where the races pay for themselves plus extra. Dunno if I'll get that glider and seriously doubt I'll get the helmet but everything up to the Hornscute feels doable in 2 weeks without dropping cash into the game.

I did start with a credit bankroll and sold all my stones and am liquidating everything I get for credits to feed my racing habit with tickets and argents. But it's not like I was doing much else with that stuff.

Space Skeleton fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Sep 17, 2015

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Washout posted:

Ok guys what is going on with the guild? Is it dead or are there still a lot of construction resources coming in and it's just dead until the patch and people are going to start playing again then? I haven't seen drinkfist posting or playing much.

I started school up and have been doing other things. Essentially I am loosely playing this game still and just waiting for a good number of goons to hit god form so we can do the fun god stuff. Every commander has the same ability to run the guild as I do so I figured taking a break for school work should be fine but it appears my constant presence has left you with a void. Personally I thought that going full blast at the game for the first two months from launch would have gained me some kind of established playerbase. But in that two months I have only seen 2-3 stable players with the rest leaving within weeks and having lonely/no conversations with Washout in a mumble channel.

I like this game. I play this game. Goon MMO population and participation is what is hitting rock bottom. No one loving likes MMOs for more than two weeks to a month now and the market killed playerbases by shotgunning mass produced AAA MMo games.

I am still gonna be around. You can see me down in the bottom channels all the time in CTS with Bad Games Crew and you can catch me on Steam at Drinkfist. So if you need some poo poo done and no one else is around you can find me.

Don't loving call me out when you look at the board and see 4 players in the guild online like I was supposed to kick in all your loving doors and glue your asses to the game. Everything at god form requires 3+ mans and I can't do poo poo until we have more gods.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Come play SMITE with me an Eonwe, Drink. :getin:

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
I just got to my first Hostile Territory and I didn't really have any idea what form it took. It's a bunch of people standing on a beach shouting LFG at each other. I didn't expect that at all considering the group finders for other content.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Joust posted:

I just got to my first Hostile Territory and I didn't really have any idea what form it took. It's a bunch of people standing on a beach shouting LFG at each other. I didn't expect that at all considering the group finders for other content.

That's why I haven't done any of it yet. Apparently it also takes forever and standing in place for hours at a time killing whatever a loving tree calls out doesn't really sound like fun to me.

ttocs7
Sep 14, 2010
It can. I've had really fast, double-pulling groups (with the requisite tactical sense) get 10/10 in 15-20 mins or so? That turns into about an hour for 18 quests (since the progression is 1->2->4->6->8->10).

Definitely agree on it not being the most exciting, though. Putting together a good group to blow through it pretty quickly is ideal, but alas.

The hostile territory is generally where I idle now, when I'm not picking up my daily gifts from the capital. That's where you'll find OI groups, and 30+K prestige 5 man groups form.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
Op Isabella Scout version is giving all the rewards. Literally all the different kinds of rewards at the same time. 1.1k of each spark, 2k ammo+supplies, 191 of each adept upgrade medal thing and 50 texts.

Kind of makes up for the lame racing event tbh.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Drinkfist posted:

Don't loving call me out when you look at the board and see 4 players in the guild online like I was supposed to kick in all your loving doors and glue your asses to the game. Everything at god form requires 3+ mans and I can't do poo poo until we have more gods.

I was mainly wondering what happened to everyone, seriously it was like one week people are running 5 mans nightly and the next week there are only ever 2-3 people on at a time. There are some people back now to check out the patch at least. Maybe with the patch making it so much easier now with the +40% pvp rewards and 20% for mechanoid dungeons people will come back, it's easier to hit the cap now and there is more of it to get.

edit: 35% on 5 mans is the new group bonus too.

Washout fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Sep 18, 2015

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Morglon posted:

That's why I haven't done any of it yet. Apparently it also takes forever and standing in place for hours at a time killing whatever a loving tree calls out doesn't really sound like fun to me.

I ended up joining a group and it wasn't too bad. Did 2 full rounds and no big issues, seems kind of dumb though? Like why not instance it? Gotta stand there while your tank goes looking for mobs to pull into the circle.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I've been keeping up with my order poo poo so been doing rings, tablets what have you even while not playing the game much. Today my ring was on 10v10 and while those usually aren't as bad as the rest and I can even see why people would like them they really need to kill CTF. 20 solid minutes of my team bitching and taking out the odd enemy who came over. Of course nobody will capture it you stupid fucks, both teams are camping their bases, trading pot shots across the central chasm at best. The thing with the cart or the point capture modes are so much better it's not even funny.

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.
I don't hate this game but I was capping every week in a day or two, which left me feeling relatively unmotivated for the rest of the week. Plus my desktop is dead and my laptop is lovely so group content was not great. I am installing the new patch now though. I should have enough caps backlogged (2-3 weeks) to hit god form at least.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Have you been logging in every week? The cap limit does not accrue automatically... I'm sorry if you lost it. :/

the first thing I did when I started playing was inquire about trying to buy an account created on release day or something so that it would have all those sparks available, but nope...

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

Well poo poo. I might have missed one or two then. I did log on a few times since I stopped playing religiously, mostly to pick up gifts and send my minions on missions and stuff. I guess we'll see..!

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Washout posted:

Have you been logging in every week? The cap limit does not accrue automatically... I'm sorry if you lost it. :/

That's pretty loving dumb.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

So the skinner box race events shits out points at about a rate of 10pp per 100k credits spent if you are buying argents with credits.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
That seems about right I'm below 300 for and estimated 3 million because someone brought up a good point. If this drives me away what else am I gonna do with it.

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

well the patch seems to have dropped my laptop's average framerate from 20 to unplayable, so I guess I won't be participating in much 'til I get my desktop fixed

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Washout posted:

So the skinner box race events shits out points at about a rate of 10pp per 100k credits spent if you are buying argents with credits.

Is the race result random?

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

it can be 1, 2, 5, 10, 25, or 50 points and it's super random but most of the time only gives 1.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Does the follower you send influence it in any way or can I just send whoever is left after missions?

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Does the follower you send influence it in any way or can I just send whoever is left after missions?

it has no bearing on the results who you send.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Because this is not an event, this is half a step above a time limited lockbox.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
That you still have to pay money into for a chance at getting it to open.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Which is why I am using that terminology.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP
So I unlocked knight and have just about mastered it, and have kinetic unlocked since it was right there. I have no idea what I should shoot for next. Berserker? Alchemist? They both seem cool and fun from the solo missions I've played.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

PriNGLeS posted:

So I unlocked knight and have just about mastered it, and have kinetic unlocked since it was right there. I have no idea what I should shoot for next. Berserker? Alchemist? They both seem cool and fun from the solo missions I've played.

Do either one, they are both cool. Don't play alch without unlocking stimulant injection tho, it's at the end of the tree. Did you max paladin yet? If not you need to do that next. Also archer is great for pvp and the symbol is great.

ttocs7
Sep 14, 2010
Some things about the invasion that people may or may not know:

In the 5 man, if you wipe to the boss, the boss and associated enemies will despawn. You won't get any eidoses, nor will you get the loot from the boss, but it has no impact on your rating. I had a pug group that wiped on the first two bosses, an still managed an S.

You can still run instances that are listed as 'no reward' due to your prestige being too high (in my case, Factory 501 and Saiban Archipelago). I didn't try it before I was spark capped, but I've been getting supplies/ammo/sparks of transformation, and the same amount of mechanoid tokens. Wyck (SF RU player that frequents reddit) says that Saiban is the fastest. Maybe in a group, but as a tank-spec knight the bosses are kind of slow. It'll probably pick up once I get a second spec and have a DPS spec.

e: pre-Spark of Insight cap, I've been running a lot of the mechanoid dungeons. The bonuses they grant (+17% I think?) are pretty good, and the extra objectives seem to be easier, in my opinion. Some of them are diablo-esque modifiers (e.g., one has random turrets spawning that you should disable, and another gives all non-swarm mobs the ability to drop healing machines, like the Scissor Menders, that you'd have to disable.) and require little extra time on your part.

ttocs7 fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Sep 21, 2015

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP

Washout posted:

Do either one, they are both cool. Don't play alch without unlocking stimulant injection tho, it's at the end of the tree. Did you max paladin yet? If not you need to do that next. Also archer is great for pvp and the symbol is great.

Yeah, I started with paladin and maxed that out. The symbol is dumb good.

On that note how do I join the dead goon guild

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
Post your in-game name so commanders know to keep an eye out for you. Alternately, message Mecha Shiva when I'm online and I'll let you in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Has anyone else been having connectivity issues recently? It seems like it takes two or three minutes for the game to connect to the server and then it hangs on the loading screen for another couple of minutes and boots be out with an error 8 message. It's been doing that all weekend and I've only managed to actually get into the game a handful of times. At least I can still send my cultists to work through the website.

• Locked thread