Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
played the age of decadence beta demo. i like the little ways it fucks with you for following standard RPG logic

so combat's really lethal, meaning that i want to avoid fighting, even if my character's strong. at one point i was asked by a shopkeeper to get rid of his rival, who's working directly for the local lord. he didn't care how, so long as the guy wasn't around anymore

i find the guy, and get him into an abandoned house. i could try to kill him, but instead i figured to go the non-lethal route and tell him that if he doesn't leave town, he's going to get murdered. he agrees to leave town

i eventually go to meet the local lord, only to find the guy i told to leave town. he ratted me out, and now i'm kind of screwed into being the lord's pawn, or else i'm facing execution

i kind of like the idea that he just went and told the local law about me. it goes against game convention, but it's just the obvious thing to do

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

standard rpg logic involves murder so

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
did they fix the xbone bumpers being designed like poo poo yet

gooby pls
May 18, 2012

Just got a ps4 and MGS V, and through some game sharing stuff I have my buddy's Ground Zereos. Worth it to play through GZ first then start V?

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

gooby pls posted:

Just got a ps4 and MGS V, and through some game sharing stuff I have my buddy's Ground Zereos. Worth it to play through GZ first then start V?

GZ serves as the prologue to TPP, and it's just 2-3 hours to complete the main mission, so go for it

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

gooby pls posted:

it is not worth it to play either of those games and i would further suggest trying to get your money back for the ps4 as well

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
yeah but at least play bloodborne before you return the PS4

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

dragon enthusiast posted:

did they fix the xbone bumpers being designed like poo poo yet

yeah, with the one hundred and fifty dollar elite controller

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

SynthOrange posted:

Poor loving Gamersgate.

duckfarts posted:

they had ok deals at times despite a terrible website, but they're totally outdone by other storefronts and bundle sites now

picked up vivisector from a every 1C game to date bundle that was like an all you can eat of european jank w./ some good stuff too; it was p sweet

:rip:
Yeah they're still the place to go for all the eurojank and terribad that has not and will not make it onto Steam Greenlight. Well them and the Amazon PC Game Download Store.

Gamersgate and Beamdog used to be the only places with PRECURSORS. Now it's just Beamdog.

SynthOrange posted:

Also the unfortunate association with the other gaming gate thing. RIP their brand.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the keyboard binder in mgsv sucks and I cant bind all the keys I need so ive been playing w/ the controller and lol how do people play shooters like this?

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

very carefully

i admit to using the mouse when im blowing things apart from the helicopter, can't hit poo poo otherwise

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

the tranq pew pew fulton floomp floomp approach is feeling so easymode that i'm actively going for a loud lethal approach now. never gonna get to use all these shotguns otherwise

having a normal pistol is actually a little more forgiving when you get reflex moded with your pants down by a dude with body armor and a helmet - where normally you'd just somehow ping the dart off the dude's face, using a silent .45 sends the helmet flying and knocks the guy off balance long enough to sprint in for a shoulder throw megaton punch

scamtank fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Sep 18, 2015

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
you get the full reflex mode if you bring up the scope real fast. helps for longer sprints.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Korean Boomhauer posted:

you get the full reflex mode if you bring up the scope real fast. helps for longer sprints.

Reflex mode is for noobs.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wow this game is so easy. [Said whilst getting a free slow motion kill on every enemy on the map]

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
i've only used it a couple times its super easy to get around most levels without getting spotted. i kinda wish you could go "subsistence" mode by in other levels because i never use my rifle ever.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Korean Boomhauer posted:

i've only used it a couple times its super easy to get around most levels without getting spotted. i kinda wish you could go "subsistence" mode by in other levels because i never use my rifle ever.

If you're such a big man, turn reflex mode off and stop bragging about using it online.

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
i dont need to turn it off becuase i never have to use it

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

water pistol is seriously the best pistol if you're trying to go for fast times on levels. its basically a quickdraw magazine and you can hold up guards with it. i never took the dogge on that level, you only ever see two guards anyway. if i didnt get laid off i probably wouldnt sperg out over mgs this much

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
turn off reflex mode , noob

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Jesus Christ shut up you nerds

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

Jesus Christ shut up you nerds

turn off reflex mode

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
new xcom2 manz

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
why are they putting your mom in the game?

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
:tviv:

canyon.mid with a gravis ultrasound

i missed so much just having a regular soundblaster when i grew up

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Dodoman posted:

canyon.mid with a gravis ultrasound

i missed so much just having a regular soundblaster when i grew up

try it with a roland next

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Korean Boomhauer posted:

i dont need to turn it off becuase i never have to use it

Yeah you do you little no nuts piece of poo poo. You were just boasting about your mad reflex mode skills.

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
yeah for the first two levels in the game when i was hecka bad

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

oh dear

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Punched the poo poo out of Eli. Was fun.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
so i got a disc copy of "density" like a year ago and played it for a couple weeks.

i heard the King Taker is like the best expansion pack EVER for any game EVER so I'm look cool, let me go buy that on the ps store...

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Tell me more

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
it tells you right there in that screenshot dawg

also plague knight is cool but I can't wrap my head around bomb jumping

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i bitched on twitter and a bro at sony gave me a code

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Blackula69 posted:

hello games thread did you know about the new xbox controller because i certainly didnt

this loving thing is $150. that's kinda nuts. at least it comes with a carrying case. If you want to use it on PC they will be selling an extra adapter, even if you already have Bluetooth (because gently caress you that's why)

it uses bluetooth now?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aV7m1MqxGo

Siljmonster fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Sep 19, 2015

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
also hello i am now a ps4 owner but i dont have a couch or chairs in my new place so im havin a hard time gaming

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
some smash questions:

- is For Glory good? ping good? matchmaking ok? queue times?

- is a wired gamecube controller still the best? is there a new wavebird? or is the uh Pro Controller or w/e the new preferred one for smash?

thanks all and ill take my answer off the air

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Siljmonster posted:

also hello i am now a ps4 owner but i dont have a couch or chairs in my new place so im havin a hard time gaming

I fold up and game on my futon like our ancestors used to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
lol, if you're on a FOB mission and a defender shows up, you should just ALT+F4 immediately.

They can just start shooting grenades around and all of the guards go hyper alert and instantly know where you are even if you've got stelath camo + are hiding far away from everything.

• Locked thread