Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uniballer
May 14, 2005

Some guy bought me this avatar as a reward for defeating Skizzzer in Internet Hockey. I have slain the mighty! Also, Taylor Hall is gay.

Dandy Kaiser posted:

put me in coach my hands are fancier than ever :smith:

I probably need some time to get acclimated to the new game since I haven't played since like 12 or 13 anyway, so that's fine

e: If there's people sitting, is there a way to join drop-ins together? Maybe would could at least get 3 or 4 of us doing something in the meantime if the squad is too full

For whatever reason, I'm getting horrible, unbearable, choppy lag when I play club(I imagine due to the number of people playing on the EASHL servers, although no on else seems to be getting it so I don't know), so I'll be doing strictly drop-ins today. Add me. PSN Smooovey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Really wish there was a way to get the on-ice trainer (particularly the shooting lane and goal stuff) to display for both players on local versus.

Huge oversight. Only one player gets it if left on, which creates a huge advantage.

Miznasty
Feb 14, 2012
Do we have a PS4 goon club yet? I would love to play with some goons.. Psn-Miznasty

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

GoonsWithSpoons.com :chef:Generalissimo:chef:
Anyone figured out how to stop the coach being stupid in be a pro yet? I'm a RW and I've had "win faceoffs" as my team play goal for like 3 games now and he's getting pissed about it :p

Edit: anyone doing a casual eashl on xbone? Not going to grab gold unless someone is and I don't have the 4 hours every night to play NHL I did back in college when I played with you all back in the day.

Toast fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Sep 18, 2015

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

Miznasty posted:

Do we have a PS4 goon club yet? I would love to play with some goons.. Psn-Miznasty

Shitter's full.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Bradf0rd posted:

Shitter's full.

This might be the most appropriate response and statement about the team possible.

Baba Oh Really
May 21, 2005
Get 'ER done

For anyone curious on the current skater stats for each EASHL/OTP build: http://imgur.com/a/EPGmV

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

Bradf0rd posted:

Shitter's full.

:golfclap:

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

Can you not have multiple club games going?

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

No. Not for a while now.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Yea I think I remember that now. Sounds like we need more teams.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I still stand by #fireRammer though

Albacore
May 10, 2009
Holy poo poo didn't realize this came out. No plans for the weekend so looks like I'll be grabbing this tomorrow. Hoping to get in on some goon action.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

If your team has more than 5 people online (gently caress EASHL with human goalie) you can go to EASHL > Drop In > Invite Friend and set up private ranked matches with up to 12 people.

Party max is 8 so if you have 8 or less everyone can stay in the party and trash talk, otherwise you can do game chat which just breaks it off into team chat.

It's stupid and great.

You still unlock badges and poo poo, too.

Pleads fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Sep 18, 2015

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I played a game. I scored a goal. ggs

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

SlimBrady posted:

For anyone curious on the current skater stats for each EASHL/OTP build: http://imgur.com/a/EPGmV

Thanks for these – I went maximum try hard and pulled these into Illustrator and created a grid so I could compare the Attribute breakdowns for each player build.

I went even maximer tryharderer and collated this info into a spreadsheet with filters and poo poo that you can all view here: http://tinyurl.com/EASHL16Builds

Incidentally it looks like PWF / TWF are the best all round builds depending on your preference for scoring or passing, Snipers could be excellent but they are literal glass cannons and you should never ever under any circumstances pick an enforcer.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
It sounds like we have enough folks for 3 teams. You guys should start a third and we can copy the tri state challenge that the Rangers, Isles, and Devils do.

By the way for anyone who is interested in goalie I would say go with the alternate control scheme. I don't know why but it seems like it is night and day better.

Jovial Cow fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Sep 18, 2015

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Zip! posted:

Thanks for these – I went maximum try hard and pulled these into Illustrator and created a grid so I could compare the Attribute breakdowns for each player build.

I went even maximer tryharderer and collated this info into a spreadsheet with filters and poo poo that you can all view here: http://tinyurl.com/EASHL16Builds

Incidentally it looks like PWF / TWF are the best all round builds depending on your preference for scoring or passing, Snipers could be excellent but they are literal glass cannons and you should never ever under any circumstances pick an enforcer.

Thank you for sperging on this. I was going to say EA' s little lines were hard to compare.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
When I saw the builds when they were released me exact thoughts were "I'm never going to be anything but PWF/TWD" and after playing with both of them I feel like I was 100% right. If I'm playing Center, I'll probably go with TWF over PWF, but if I'm a winger, I'm going to take PWF every time.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Well that explains why I feel like Im struggling to keep up when playing my Sniper or DFD. :saddowns:

If you guys start another (third?) EASHL team because the others are full hook me up, Im normally available late nights EST. PSN:furnaceface

Also, I tried to sim a whole CHL season for a BAP yesterday with the sim penalty turned off... and failed to make the draft because sim experience is still penalized to hell and back. The old fashioned sim 2 periods play the third still works though.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
What does physical entail? I was playing Grinder last night a few times and I swear it felt a lot faster than the other builds even though they all allegedly have the same skating. Maybe Grinder has more endurance.

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

GoonsWithSpoons.com :chef:Generalissimo:chef:
Three more games, Coach still asking my LW for faceoff wins... Stellar QA as always EA folks.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I'm testing out Be A GM as CBJ for the eventual Be A Pro that I run in the spring.

1) There is a bug that causes the game to crash to the desktop if I am making the #1 OVR pick (which would be a 99 OVR prospect that I created in the same style as goons from last year)

2) In an effort to trade down, I proposed the following trade

BUF gets: #1 OVR pick
CBJ gets: #2 OVR pick

BUF rejects this trade, as they are not getting enough value.

:golfclap:

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Did you set trade logic to hard? I did that with my BAGM and it's now impossible to make any trade whatsoever. I am a month into the season and there has not been a single trade of any sort across the entire league. Does it pick up closer to the trade deadline?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

ThinkTank posted:

Did you set trade logic to hard? I did that with my BAGM and it's now impossible to make any trade whatsoever. I am a month into the season and there has not been a single trade of any sort across the entire league. Does it pick up closer to the trade deadline?

Easy. Always easy.

I didn't look at trades at all, I just wanted to make it through scouting to the draft and offseason.

There is no menu telling you who retired, or notifies you in anyway

Unless nobody retired?

Albacore
May 10, 2009
Currently downloading and hoping to get some games in tonight. If anyone wants to start a new team I'm happy to join. PSN - Albacore984

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

"You aren't impressing us out there. We're moving you down to the third line. We'll need 6000xp out of you this game."

Also, stop asking for my sniper to body check people, then take away points when I harmlessly bounce off people.

Henrik Zetterberg fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Sep 19, 2015

Eckertmania
May 11, 2007

"'Hey, a computer took your place, daddy.' That's hard times! That's hard times!"
Alright, so, since there are a lot of people still looking for an EASHL team to play with on PS4, I set one up.

Look for "Kanes Pool Misfits" (KPM) in North American East.

Edit: So, I got invited to the one of the other PS4 groups, so I made Albacore the GM of KPM.

Eckertmania fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Sep 19, 2015

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Hut is only mode I've played so far and for a mode that is their moneymaker and endlessly hyped it's runs like poo poo. Menus are sluggish to browse. Inputs don't register. Sometimes it takes three button presses before something happens. Has crashed two times already, not during a game though. Strange bugs like player cards can't be used until you shut and restart the mode. Incredible design stuff like you can't see if someone has bid on a card in your active bids screen. At least the game itself is fun.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

"You aren't impressing us out there. We're moving you down to the third line. We'll need 6000xp out of you this game."

Also, stop asking for my sniper to body check people, then take away points when I harmlessly bounce off people.

This makes me wonder, can snipers at least butt-check folks (R3) and I wonder if that counts as a check to Coach I-Hate-Everyone?

gman14msu
Mar 10, 2009
If I'm not on an EASHL team, what's the difference between EASHL and Online Team Play?

Edit: Nevermind. OTP is real players if anyone is too lazy to check... Like me. Also, looks like there were more OTP players than EASHL which seems odd.

gman14msu fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Sep 19, 2015

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Seriously this is annoying and Im glad I wasnt the only one to notice it. I made a 5'7" 165lb sniper for the dangles and the goals, not to murder people, so stop halting my experience gains because I hit with less force than a pillow. :argh:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
So much for dedicated servers, this game is so laggy it's literally unplayable over 50% of the time.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I hate the auto toe drag so loving much

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Dandy Kaiser posted:

So much for dedicated servers, this game is so laggy it's literally unplayable over 50% of the time.

Yeah, now that the new game smell has wore off it's starting to smell pretty putrid. The patch has to do some miracles to make this alright good game play or not.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Huh? The game doesn't use dedicated servers. That's the whole problem.

I'm utterly convinced that people who are fine with EASHL have either never had to play against a host who didn't live two blocks away, or simply never played any offline games ever. It's night and day.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

I think they said Eashl is on dedicated servers other modes are p2p. Now I'm starting to question that though. They probably just outright lied.

zeroordie
Aug 27, 2004

Also just got this for ps4. PSN tasog37.

Would definitely be interested in getting some games in. Haven't really done EASHL before but I've done plenty of Be A Pro. I've lurked the thread for the past year year or two but just finally got a ps4.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

gman14msu posted:

If I'm not on an EASHL team, what's the difference between EASHL and Online Team Play?

Edit: Nevermind. OTP is real players if anyone is too lazy to check... Like me. Also, looks like there were more OTP players than EASHL which seems odd.

Sometimes you'll find an OTP game where you can get ridiculous breakaways if play goes on a while without a whistle because nobody every changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Mike Works posted:

Huh? The game doesn't use dedicated servers. That's the whole problem.

I'm utterly convinced that people who are fine with EASHL have either never had to play against a host who didn't live two blocks away, or simply never played any offline games ever. It's night and day.

Yeah EASHL games are dedicated servers, everything else is p2p.

• Locked thread