Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
R/eve refuses to make CCP jokes until Stunt is free.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/3lgjhn/ccp_rise_has_given_a_challenge_and_i_am_begging/cv63dzo.compact

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

I don't know, http://puu.sh/kfYYg/3b78683446.jpg was pretty good

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Oh hey, it's Rise doing a Stunt while impersonating a dev.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
Pure SP as a commodity, whether bought in-game or with real money, is a terrible idea. Not for game balance or whatever, but because it encourages fast burnout and short-timer whales plus resentment from anyone who isn't buying in.

The one way to give unallocated SP in a post-attribute world that's maybe not completely terrible could be a lump sum of SP at the start of each sub month, then slightly slower training the rest of the time. So you'd still get the total 2700x24x30 for the whole month, but some would be upfront. (For example, 300k bonus then train at 2250/hr normally.)

It wouldn't be abusive or P2W since you get one lump per month and no option to buy more. It'd be nice boost at the start for new players (great for knocking down one of those early 5s that always seem like they'll take forever in your first two months of the game). And for vets you could let them accumulate until you need them for something new, which was what people liked about Dust's SP system.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

If you wanna buy & sell SP look at the character bazaar. By the time you're considering a new character you probably hosed up your first main with ADD training anyways.

You can get a custom-tailored pilot for whatever you feel like flying this year.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Dr. Pangloss posted:

Agreed. I'm a relatively new player of eve (22.5m skill points on my main) and while there were certainly times I would have paid real dollars for a "million skill point" pack or a "finish this skill now" perk, long term that would be bad for the game. There are skills that make a dramatic difference as you get them to 5, but the people that would benefit from it most wouldn't be new players, but established players skilling up alts.

If I'd paid $5 to finish gallente cruiser 5 to get an Ishtar, then realized oh I need to have energy grid upgrades to 5, too. Oh and it's no good without drones 5... It would get frustrating fast because new players won't know what to buy and will quickly become embittered when they inevitably buy the wrong thing. It's like guys that drop hundreds on plex and put 6 of the same officer mods on the same ship, because they can't use t2 and are ignorant of stacking penalties. When their ship goes poof, they are more likely to rage quit.

Compare that to the veterans with hundreds of billions of isk that can roll a new pilot, invest exactly what they need to in it and immediately have a new cyno alt, a new ganker alt, a new carrier ratter, etc.

Steady accumulation of skillpoints minimizes poor skill choice mistakes, and gives a player time to grow into the game. That's said, if they started new pilots off with a better skill set, that might be better. Maybe like 150-200k skillpoints, including getting them started on more engineering skills and maybe two weapon systems (hybrids/drones; hybrids/missiles; lasers/missiles, etc).

:frogsiren: check the ITL corp mail :frogsiren:

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Zephyrine posted:

Done!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Let me tell you about the anger some people have when they find out you only have had Recon 1 for a year.

TimNeilson
Dec 21, 2008

Hahaha!

Unfunny Poster posted:

Let me tell you about the anger some people have when they find out you only have had Recon 1 for a year.

Why would you do that to yourself? I don't understand.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Ask me about training Cybernetics V

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TimNeilson posted:

Why would you do that to yourself? I don't understand.

I got distracted/thought Recon 1 was fine. Then people found out I had Recon 1 and have been giving me poo poo.

Words hurt :(

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Unfunny Poster posted:

I got distracted/thought Recon 1 was fine. Then people found out I had Recon 1 and have been giving me poo poo.

Do you know how many months Lex Arson flew a super in PL without having Fighter Bombers

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ScreamingLlama posted:

Ask me about training Cybernetics V

Cybernetics 5 is good and useful, at least if you like wearing high-grade pirate implants, and or +5s. I don't get what you're getting at?

madjack
Dec 31, 2013

ullerrm posted:

Do you know how many months Lex Arson flew a super in PL without having Fighter Bombers

please tell me it was more than one and/or the reason he got purged/left/trolled out

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

ullerrm posted:

Haha holy poo poo dont they have an api skill checker thing like capswarm?

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Hexel posted:

Haha holy poo poo dont they have an api skill checker thing like capswarm?

PL doesn't have a capswarm style group where people tell you that you're not allowed to fly. There is a subforum and irc channel that give out pos locations and fitting standards but if you just tag along on cyno in your shitfit there is nothing people will do beyond mock you hardcore. PL expects it's players to sort their own poo poo out, very few things are centrally planned beyond staging points and staging pos.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Zephyrine posted:

Just wanted to say that ITL has consistantly delivered my contracts from Jita to YA0 within, like hours. Had just finished making a smallish contract, sent it to ITL, logged back onto my main and started ratting - got barely halfway through the first anom and it was already delivered?!?! Just incredible. Thanks for all your work!

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Otacon posted:

Just wanted to say that ITL has consistantly delivered my contracts from Jita to YA0 within, like hours. Had just finished making a smallish contract, sent it to ITL, logged back onto my main and started ratting - got barely halfway through the first anom and it was already delivered?!?! Just incredible. Thanks for all your work!

Now that sounds completely alien. I have never prioritized urgency. Range before anything.

Nice of you to say though :)

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

YouTuber posted:

PL doesn't have a capswarm style group where people tell you that you're not allowed to fly

They might wanna implement one after all the TEST and BL guys they let in :laugh:

That reminds me didnt Intaki Guy die a couple years ago in a titan without doomsday op trained?

Hexel fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Sep 19, 2015

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Hexel posted:

If you wanna buy & sell SP look at the character bazaar. By the time you're considering a new character you probably hosed up your first main with ADD training anyways.

You can get a custom-tailored pilot for whatever you feel like flying this year.

WTS perfect gallente dread pilot for some of that special K, inbox for details.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Viva Miriya posted:

WTS perfect gallente dread pilot for some of that special K, inbox for details.

Like reading S-Mart.

"WTS JF/Gall dread/Cald super/Amarr Titan/Orca/ishtar pilot"

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

YouTuber posted:

PL doesn't have a capswarm style group where people tell you that you're not allowed to fly. There is a subforum and irc channel that give out pos locations and fitting standards but if you just tag along on cyno in your shitfit there is nothing people will do beyond mock you hardcore. PL expects it's players to sort their own poo poo out, very few things are centrally planned beyond staging points and staging pos.

No one is telling anyone what they can and cannot use, there is simply a base requirement for strat use / SRP.
This is just about the most forced complaint I've seen about how we organise anything, used to defend a super that can't use it's weapon system?
Weird.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

nullEntityRNG posted:

This is a bad post.

Said everyone who ever posted in this thread.

Also those who read any posts in this thread.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Klyith posted:

Pure SP as a commodity, whether bought in-game or with real money, is a terrible idea. Not for game balance or whatever, but because it encourages fast burnout and short-timer whales plus resentment from anyone who isn't buying in.

The one way to give unallocated SP in a post-attribute world that's maybe not completely terrible could be a lump sum of SP at the start of each sub month, then slightly slower training the rest of the time. So you'd still get the total 2700x24x30 for the whole month, but some would be upfront. (For example, 300k bonus then train at 2250/hr normally.)

It wouldn't be abusive or P2W since you get one lump per month and no option to buy more. It'd be nice boost at the start for new players (great for knocking down one of those early 5s that always seem like they'll take forever in your first two months of the game). And for vets you could let them accumulate until you need them for something new, which was what people liked about Dust's SP system.

When I first started playing, building up SP was a huge part of what kept me logging in for the first few weeks and months when I could barely do much. Everyday I'd unlock something new to try, and there were always a dozen more things I was working towards. I definitely agree the way to retain new players is with this trickle effect, rather than a huge lump of SP at once.

Perhaps what they could do for characters under a certain age is make the most of that new achievements opportunities system by handing out tiny SP boosts for certain goals. 200 SP for fitting up your first ship, 300 for using autopilot, etc. This provide lots of little carrots for players to see new parts of the game. Hell if the reward was small enough you could easily hand out the boosts multiple times for some achievements, such as "Destroy your target". That keeps people invested in playing the game to squeeze out the extra few SP they need for that next skill.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

YouTuber posted:

PL doesn't have a capswarm style group where people tell you that you're not allowed to fly

:allears:

Morkfang
Dec 9, 2009

I'm awesome.
:smug:

Otacon posted:

What kind of bribery are you using? My stuff tends to sit around for 24-48 hours before someone picks it up. I guess small volume with high'ish value isn't a favourite amongst space truckers, even if I'm paying 1.5x the base fee. Good thing I'm old and slow, so I'm in no real hurry.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Caryna posted:

What kind of bribery are you using? My stuff tends to sit around for 24-48 hours before someone picks it up. I guess small volume with high'ish value isn't a favourite amongst space truckers, even if I'm paying 1.5x the base fee. Good thing I'm old and slow, so I'm in no real hurry.

Tipping helps a lot. Most of my staff aren't space rich and on top of that they spent a lot of isk on freighters and pilots. So when a player has 10 billion liquid they will take what contracts they can earn the most from with that isk. Not necessarily the contracts who has the biggest reward per M3 but rather biggest reward compared to collateral they have to put out.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Zephyrine posted:

Tipping helps a lot. Most of my staff aren't space rich and on top of that they spent a lot of isk on freighters and pilots. So when a player has 10 billion liquid they will take what contracts they can earn the most from with that isk. Not necessarily the contracts who has the biggest reward per M3 but rather biggest reward compared to collateral they have to put out.

So "tipping" is basically "please don't let this sit in limbo for a few days"?

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!
I'm space poor, so I take whatever contracts I have the isk to cover the collaterals. Last night, I grabbed two contracts for a combined collateral of 175m isk. There was another for 1.1b collateral that I didn't grab, because I didn't want to move stuff around and I'd just bought capital ships and caldari carrier as well as some blingy stuff for the wormhole. I packed the remaining stuff with items for import.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

DiggityDoink posted:

So "tipping" is basically "please don't let this sit in limbo for a few days"?

I encourage the staff to take contracts based on the date they are posted but in the end they are free willed human beings and I can't practically force anyone to take contracts in that order.

Most of them work for isk and so isk is the motivator that dictates what order contracts are performed in.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

CainFortea posted:

What i'm saying is that the graph in the video showed "LP Store" as a separate sink, and it was the largest. By a significant margin. I'm just not sure how much of that sink was implants, and how much was ammo.\

http://www.twitch.tv/ccp/v/16494120

Skip to 59:30 and you can see it. LP store is the biggest, skills bought off the NPC market are #2, followed by transaction tax.

Edit Mk2: Looking at that graph, increase the highsec industry job tax rate by like 10 times.

I'm sure the GFS economy cabal has already done this, but for us on the outside, I compiled that list into this handy PDF, which also collects them into (semi)sensible aggregates for comparison.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Tippis posted:

I'm sure the GFS economy cabal has already done this, but for us on the outside, I compiled that list into this handy PDF, which also collects them into (semi)sensible aggregates for comparison.

dead link m8

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

working link m9

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Tippis posted:

I don't understand some of these entries. For example, "bounty prizes" appears as both a sink and a faucet, but appears to be a larger faucet than it is a sink. My understanding was that when player A puts a bounty on player B, people who kill player B receive a payout that is proportional to the price of the destroyed ship/pod up to the value of the assigned bounty, so the bounty system as a whole should be ISK-neutral (disregarding the insurance payouts for the destroyed ships, which are accounted for separately). Where is the 'extra' ISK in the bounty system coming from? Also, "NPC commodities" are a really large ISK faucet - is that just wormhole players cashing in blue loot, people selling tags to NPC buy orders, and DED plex boxes?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

LemonDrizzle posted:

I don't understand some of these entries. For example, "bounty prizes" appears as both a sink and a faucet, but appears to be a larger faucet than it is a sink. My understanding was that when player A puts a bounty on player B, people who kill player B receive a payout that is proportional to the price of the destroyed ship/pod up to the value of the assigned bounty, so the bounty system as a whole should be ISK-neutral (disregarding the insurance payouts for the destroyed ships, which are accounted for separately). Where is the 'extra' ISK in the bounty system coming from? Also, "NPC commodities" are a really large ISK faucet - is that just wormhole players cashing in blue loot, people selling tags to NPC buy orders, and DED plex boxes?

bounty prizes means rat ticks

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

DarkMalfunction posted:

working link m9

isup.me confirms it's working, weird, the dns entry refuses to resolve for me

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Glory of Arioch posted:

bounty prizes means rat ticks
No, there are separate entries for "NPC Bounty Prizes" and "PVP & Conflict" bounty prizes.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

ullerrm posted:

Trick Question- that piece of poo poo didn't last a month. WAFFLES didn't even like flying with him.

edit: Apparently he was in for 3 months, I swear it felt like a week before he took his toys and went home.

madjack posted:

please tell me it was more than one and/or the reason he got purged/left/trolled out

Pretty sure he left because he tried to 'Fleet up on Lex' and nobody cared (even moreso because he got mad nobody wanted to defend his moons). PL is a different animal, you have to prove yourself to get in (well, you used too anyway) then you have to prove you're not a complete shitler to get people to actually fly with you.

Hexel posted:

They might wanna implement one after all the TEST and BL guys they let in :laugh:

That reminds me didnt Intaki Guy die a couple years ago in a titan without doomsday op trained?

No he died to obvious bait- he did go 5 mids to DD a carrier without a DD fit though, then went 5 mids back to staging, then 5 mids back to the carrier, then got poo poo on by BL and friends.

He disappeared shortly afterwards.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Sep 19, 2015

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Xolve posted:

Trick Question- that piece of poo poo didn't last a month.

I'm curious, what makes one a piece of poo poo in PL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Delta Echo posted:

I'm curious, what makes one a piece of poo poo in PL.

existing :laugh:

• Locked thread