Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
Nah, even sonic fans hate bronies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

One sperg to rule them and in the darkness, masturbate.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
One day a new fandom is going to come out and make bronies look normal by comparison

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery

corn in the bible posted:

why is daxter in drag
That's Carmelita

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
btw in case it wasn't obvious, it's a wedding cake

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Screaming Idiot posted:

I thought Sonic fans and Bronies got along because they're both a bunch of autistic furry pedophiles?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The very first result for "super slam fanart" that related to this thread

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

I glanced at this for half a second and thought the joke was that she stuffed the two strawmen up her shirt.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Kumaton posted:

I glanced at this for half a second and thought the joke was that she stuffed the two strawmen up her shirt.

ladytails has one b cup one d cup, those are some cruel genetics.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Kumaton posted:

I'm still not convinced that isn't happening. Like, I know the author and femTails are "different" characters, but I can't view that left panel as anything other than a fox woman with human heads for tits

Also, just a heads up everyone, you're probably going to see a bunch of gaming goons gush about Undertale in every thread for a while AND I'M ONE OF THEM

FutonForensic has a new favorite as of 05:53 on Sep 19, 2015

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

FutonForensic posted:

Also, just a heads up everyone, you're probably going to see a bunch of gaming goons gush about Undertale in every thread for a while AND I'M ONE OF THEM

That's because Undertale is amazing, and it has spaghetti made by a skeleton you can date.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
So what is Undertale?

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Raptor1033 posted:

So what is Undertale?

Indie RPG with the option to spare or kill every encountered enemy. There's a free demo that should convey what the game is really going for.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

It's one of those art games that forgets to include any real gameplay and is mainly getting buzz for being made by someone involved with homestuck.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

rodbeard posted:

It's one of those art games that forgets to include any real gameplay and is mainly getting buzz for being made by someone involved with homestuck.

Honest question: have you played it? Because it's actually pretty good, mechanic wise.

Another reason a lot of people like it is that the battle system is this mix between shoot-em-up bullet dodging and timed attacks (if you're looking to kill) or puzzle solving (to spare). It's more involved than the standard RPG setup, and every enemy has a different pattern to learn and navigate.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

King Cold is just an ice cube with horns.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
An ice cube dressed as Elvis :colbert:

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Screaming Idiot posted:

I thought Sonic fans and Bronies got along because they're both a bunch of autistic furry pedophiles?

Nah, a lot of fandoms hate each other due to their poor reputations. At best, one member of one fandom will overlook certain aspects in favor of ones they deem worse. For example, a brony will dislike a Sonic fan because of the Sonic fandom's history of embarrassing fan works, rather than their embarrassing social skills, since they consider that worse. Meanwhile a Sonic fan will hate a brony because the brony fandom's history of misogyny, which they consider worse than bad fanart.

Mikedawson has a new favorite as of 17:18 on Sep 19, 2015

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

J.A.B.C. posted:

Honest question: have you played it? Because it's actually pretty good, mechanic wise.

Another reason a lot of people like it is that the battle system is this mix between shoot-em-up bullet dodging and timed attacks (if you're looking to kill) or puzzle solving (to spare). It's more involved than the standard RPG setup, and every enemy has a different pattern to learn and navigate.

And the Homestuck connection is only that the music was made by a guy who was COMISSIONED to do music for Homestuck just as he was paid to do the soundtrack here (which is great.)

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Probably shouldn't unironically engage with someone who thinks "gameplay" is whatever narrow definition they chose instead of the interactivity that's fundamental to the medium.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I played that demo. It was pretty good. It's going to attract fanart like rotten food attracts flies.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Mokinokaro posted:

And the Homestuck connection is only that the music was made by a guy who was COMISSIONED to do music for Homestuck just as he was paid to do the soundtrack here (which is great.)

The entire game was made by that guy, not just the soundtrack.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Kabanaw posted:

The entire game was made by that guy, not just the soundtrack.

Still, all he did for Homestuck was music so I'm not sure if anyone who's anti-Homestuck (I mean, hell I hate that thing's fanbase) should avoid it for that reason.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

J.A.B.C. posted:

That's because Undertale is amazing, and it has spaghetti made by a skeleton you can date.

Sorry, this is important: can you date the skeleton or the spaghetti?

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Dzhay posted:

Sorry, this is important: can you date the skeleton or the spaghetti?
Both at the same time.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

rodbeard posted:

You sound like a fun guy to be around

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Pomp posted:

You sound like a fun guy to be around

He actually sounds like a little bitch wait ohhhhhhhhh

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I've just played the demo and it's pretty okay. I'll probably grab the actual game later, and I hate artsy games.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Mr Tastee posted:

Nah, a lot of fandoms hate each other due to their poor reputations. At best, one member of one fandom will overlook certain aspects in favor of ones they deem worse. For example, a brony will dislike a Sonic fan because of the Sonic fandom's history of embarrassing fan works, rather than their embarrassing social skills, since they consider that worse. Meanwhile a Sonic fan will hate a brony because the brony fandom's history of misogyny, which they consider worse than bad fanart.

I implore you to consider what you just sperged about.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I think (hope) he was just coming up with hypothetical examples, there.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I find fandoms a very interesting thing to read about. Like not even in a mocking sense. They're a fascinating aspect of modern culture.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Mr Tastee posted:

I find fandoms a very interesting thing to read about. Like not even in a mocking sense. They're a fascinating aspect of modern culture.

Not just modern culture either. It's amazing reading about Don Quixote and Little Women fanfiction.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I don't find fandoms fascinating, but I find it amusing that Sherlock Holmes fans were always awful. Arthur Conan Doyle hated them and the character.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I bet 17th century Shakespeare fans were insufferable dorks.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Sure is a lot of talking in this art thread.
Here's some service pokemon.

Concordat has a new favorite as of 03:56 on Jan 27, 2017

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Concordat posted:

Sure is a lot of talking in this art thread.
Here's some service pokemon.

This is adorable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

That would actually be really cool to see in the games.

• Locked thread