Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

LemonDrizzle posted:

I don't understand some of these entries. For example, "bounty prizes" appears as both a sink and a faucet, but appears to be a larger faucet than it is a sink. My understanding was that when player A puts a bounty on player B, people who kill player B receive a payout that is proportional to the price of the destroyed ship/pod up to the value of the assigned bounty, so the bounty system as a whole should be ISK-neutral (disregarding the insurance payouts for the destroyed ships, which are accounted for separately). Where is the 'extra' ISK in the bounty system coming from? Also, "NPC commodities" are a really large ISK faucet - is that just wormhole players cashing in blue loot, people selling tags to NPC buy orders, and DED plex boxes?

There are an awful amount of “bounty” entries in the list they show in the o7 show. I've split them up as best as I can determine, with the big one labelled “Bounty Prizes” clearly being just your regular ratting bounties (missions, anomalies, belt rats etc).

The others seem to be more connected to the player bounties, but I'm not well-versed enough in the intricacies of the system to tell you exactly how the different ways of putting ISK in and out of them translate into the labels they've used. Bounties that just run out — where the character goes inactive for long enough or gets deleted — are half-reimbursed and half-sunk if I remember correctly, and there are a couple of other ways for ISK to leave the system, but it'll depend a lot on how they actually count it all internally. So to actually answer your question: no idea, until/unless they release the full report and clarify it, but it's quite likely that it's an artefact of how the ISK flows are represented in the DB and of what they show up as in your wallet history.

e: The entry that really confuses me is the “Corporate reward payout” one… I'm guessing that it's a reward for some piece of content I don't engage in, but if anyone can clear that one up it would be great. :confused:

e2: Thinking about it for a little longer than 2 seconds, the “extra” bounty ISK isn't all that mysterious. All that it requires is for CCP to treat player bounties much the same way they do insurance payments: when a player pays for the bounty/insurance, it is not put in escrow as it would be with a market order (since there's no way of knowing before the fact whether the money will return to anyone or not), but rather simply counted as a sink. When they pay out, the payment is counted as a separate faucet. The “extra” cash simply comes from the fact that this is for July only, and that bounty placement and pay-out are completely separate in time. What we're seeing, then, is just the effect of tons of old bounties being paid out and relatively few new ones being put up during this particular period.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Sep 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TimNeilson
Dec 21, 2008

Hahaha!

Tippis posted:

There are an awful amount of “bounty” entries in the list they show in the o7 show. I've split them up as best as I can determine, with the big one labelled “Bounty Prizes” clearly being just your regular ratting bounties (missions, anomalies, belt rats etc).

The others seem to be more connected to the player bounties, but I'm not well-versed enough in the intricacies of the system to tell you exactly how the different ways of putting ISK in and out of them translate into the labels they've used. Bounties that just run out — where the character goes inactive for long enough or gets deleted — are half-reimbursed and half-sunk if I remember correctly, and there are a couple of other ways for ISK to leave the system, but it'll depend a lot on how they actually count it all internally. So to actually answer your question: no idea, until/unless they release the full report and clarify it, but it's quite likely that it's an artefact of how the ISK flows are represented in the DB and of what they show up as in your wallet history.

e: The entry that really confuses me is the “Corporate reward payout” one… I'm guessing that it's a reward for some piece of content I don't engage in, but if anyone can clear that one up it would be great. :confused:

Dividends, maybe? That's a thing you can do with shares, isn't it?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

TimNeilson posted:

Dividends, maybe? That's a thing you can do with shares, isn't it?

Nah. They come straight out of the corporation master wallet — no ISK is created (it would be a spectacularly broken thing if it did: free cash for everyone as rapidly as you can push the button. :D).

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
The corporation tax takes a share on player bounties. Perhaps it refers to the corp bounties collected by players in NPC corps.

grymwulf
Nov 29, 2013

What? Was it something I said?
I'm betting corporate reward payout is Incursions - since the rewards are issued by concord reward for the site being completed, not as bounties on the rats being destroyed.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

grymwulf posted:

I'm betting corporate reward payout is Incursions - since the rewards are issued by concord reward for the site being completed, not as bounties on the rats being destroyed.

Incursion payouts do show as corporation rewards, so this is likely the answer.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ullerrm posted:

Do you know how many months Lex Arson flew a super in PL without having Fighter Bombers

Like 1 since he didn't last that long if I remember correctly. I recall he wouldn't get anyone in his fleets when he'd ping for one and that made him mad because "I'm Lex Arson from TISHU, you should know me" or something like that.

I did hear he got forever banned from PL's services because he was like "dudes I'm gonna quit to go take care of my corp, no hard feelings we're still bros" and SNIGG were like "yeah sure man, no problemo come back whenever" and then like two days later he was leading a fleet alongside BL or whoever to kill PL supers. Then later on when Horde was formed he got services to the mumble (because we don't care about spies in Horde), and he'd only log in for like a minute to see what the Horde fleet was doing and then suddenly a few minutes later TISHU would be there with Battleships or w/e that heavily outnumbered/outgunned the Horde fleet. He got called out one time for it by Grath and he pretended like it never happened etc. despite the logs and timings of poo poo. When Grath purged him fully from PL services he complained because he couldn't understand why Grath would have a problem with the dude doing all that.

Long story short, Lex is a dumbass who can't understand why people dislike him.

Khablam posted:

No one is telling anyone what they can and cannot use, there is simply a base requirement for strat use / SRP.
This is just about the most forced complaint I've seen about how we organise anything, used to defend a super that can't use it's weapon system?
Weird.

I think the Supercap group has a bunch of requirements to get into it, but if you want to roll along in say an Archon on a cap op you can. You're just expected to have/know what you're supposed to have fit and if you don't you get mocked.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Sep 19, 2015

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Tippis posted:

e2: Thinking about it for a little longer than 2 seconds, the “extra” bounty ISK isn't all that mysterious. All that it requires is for CCP to treat player bounties much the same way they do insurance payments: when a player pays for the bounty/insurance, it is not put in escrow as it would be with a market order (since there's no way of knowing before the fact whether the money will return to anyone or not), but rather simply counted as a sink. When they pay out, the payment is counted as a separate faucet. The “extra” cash simply comes from the fact that this is for July only, and that bounty placement and pay-out are completely separate in time. What we're seeing, then, is just the effect of tons of old bounties being paid out and relatively few new ones being put up during this particular period.
That makes sense, thank you. Looking at the trillion contribution club entries, rats (whether in anoms, missions, or exploration sites) are the #1 isk faucet at 27 trillion ISK/month, followed by commodities (mainly wormhole blue loot?) at 15 trillion and then incursions at 8 trillion. I'm kind of amazed that wormholes and incursions are pumping *that* much ISK into the game tbh.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

LemonDrizzle posted:

That makes sense, thank you. Looking at the trillion contribution club entries, rats (whether in anoms, missions, or exploration sites) are the #1 isk faucet at 27 trillion ISK/month, followed by commodities (mainly wormhole blue loot?) at 15 trillion and then incursions at 8 trillion. I'm kind of amazed that wormholes and incursions are pumping *that* much ISK into the game tbh.

It makes a lot more sense once you consider how loud w-spacers and incursion runners get at the mere suggestion that maybe their rewards should be adjusted… :D

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Unfunny Poster posted:

Like 1 since he didn't last that long if I remember correctly. I recall he wouldn't get anyone in his fleets when he'd ping for one and that made him mad because "I'm Lex Arson from TISHU, you should know me" or something like that.

Even Ron Mexxico had a hell of a time getting people to fleet up with him and slummed with Waffles for a while late night- because if you're new to PL, you're new to PL. Just because you were space important somewhere else doesn't mean that follows with you, the only exception being a known bloc level FC (i.e. Makalu). Most of Lex's problems stemmed from him saying 'we have a fight on our hands' and it was really a POS save, which just happened to be one of his Moons he brought with him. PL never defended moons and just took them back when it was convenient (since they weren't alliance assets and belonged to individual members).

TL;DR He pulled a boat, fooled people once, and nobody hosed with him after that.

Unfunny Poster posted:

I think the Supercap group has a bunch of requirements to get into it, but if you want to roll along in say an Archon on a cap op you can. You're just expected to have/know what you're supposed to have fit and if you don't you get mocked.

You can attend super ops, in a super, without having access to super channels. Players with supers access are pretty heavily audited, semi-regularly for proper fits, additional fittings, implants, skills, etc. If you're not toeing the line, you know and probably have a deadline to get your poo poo fixed.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Sep 19, 2015

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

NC. did just an API check and IIRC it was automated

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xolve posted:

You can attend super ops, in a super, without having access to super channels. Players with supers access are pretty heavily audited, semi-regularly for proper fits, additional fittings, implants, skills, etc. If you're not toeing the line, you know and probably have a deadline to get your poo poo fixed.

I'm never gonna fly a super unless its to help Centra scam one.

It's the only reason I have Gallente Carrier I too, Amarr supremacy :colbert:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Unfunny Poster posted:

Amarr supremacy :colbert:

armor trash

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Amarr have laser disco :colbert:.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

SugarAddict posted:

Amarr have laser disco :colbert:.

carriers don't shoot lasers :milk:

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Tippis posted:

Corporate reward payout is incursion money from concord. I'm 100% certain Tippis.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Corporate reward payout is incursion money from concord. I'm 100% certain Tippis.

Excellent. Then I don't need to change it. :D

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Glory of Arioch posted:

carriers don't shoot lasers :milk:

Then don't pilot a carrier :colbert:.

harlyq
May 9, 2014

The taint is real
If people are tired of waiting 24-48 hours for your stuff to get moved you should look into just post cheaper and moves a lot faster. It really works wonders especially if you are shipping to these system's ya0/ju/3t7. Something new was just released jabber bot notifications after registering on the website for notifications so you get pinged when your shipment comes in.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

SugarAddict posted:

Then don't pilot a carrier :colbert:.

That's not... He wasn't even...

nevermind

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

harlyq posted:

If people are tired of waiting 24-48 hours for your stuff to get moved you should look into just post cheaper and moves a lot faster. It really works wonders especially if you are shipping to these system's ya0/ju/3t7. Something new was just released jabber bot notifications after registering on the website for notifications so you get pinged when your shipment comes in.

Oh, ping notifications when a shipment arrives seem really cool. I might have to try them out.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

It appears to not actually be possible to put all the extra poo poo you're supposed to lug around with you into the cargo bay of the HML Tengu.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Kiryen posted:

It appears to not actually be possible to put all the extra poo poo you're supposed to lug around with you into the cargo bay of the HML Tengu.

Scale back the ammo as you need. That's what ammo trucks are for.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Kiryen posted:

Even with a small standard container?

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Caryna posted:

What kind of bribery are you using? My stuff tends to sit around for 24-48 hours before someone picks it up. I guess small volume with high'ish value isn't a favourite amongst space truckers, even if I'm paying 1.5x the base fee. Good thing I'm old and slow, so I'm in no real hurry.

Use Just Post instead. It always gets all contracts delivered every day, regardless of what the collateral is. Usually around 11pm-1am EST. And they're cheaper too!

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

harlyq posted:

I use ITL for stuff and have never been dissatisfied with them. Granted, I usually tip close to 100%, but my contract tends to be low volume, high value, so it's little skin off of my back. They even rejected a 4b value contract I made that was item exchange instead of courier :drat: now that's what I call service.

Mitsuo
Jul 4, 2007
What does this box do?

Dr. Pangloss posted:

Even with a small standard container?

Gotta say I like using the container, at least for gambling purposes. When I stupidly lost my Tengu to a Fountain Core gatecamp, I only dropped about 10m in loot from a 650m ship+cargo.

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!

Kiryen posted:

Medium secure container. Poof, an extra 60m3 of cargo space.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

https://zkillboard.com/br/53707/

Join Holesquad.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

vulvamancer posted:

Medium secure container. Poof, an extra 60m3 of cargo space.

Problem solved; thanks!

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Unfunny Poster posted:

I'm never gonna fly a super unless its to help Centra scam one.

It's the only reason I have Gallente Carrier I too, Amarr supremacy :colbert:

who is Centra

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

The king of k-pop.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

I hate that playing on the weekend is largely not possible for me.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

CashEnsign posted:

The king of k-pop.

Centra Spike is PSY?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

He's a guy in HABIT who pretty much runs the @PLIRC twitter account. He wrote about how he stole BlueMelon's titan via a recruitment scam here: https://truestories.eveonline.com/truestories/ideas/820-guys-who-just-took-my-erebus.html

Bluemelon was trying to get in to spy on PL, got figured out by Centra, and had his titan stolen. He also ended up in PL later on but I vaguely remember him being kicked for AT related stuff.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Sep 20, 2015

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

DisgracelandUSA posted:

4b value contract I made that was item exchange instead of courier

Boat just did this yesterday with 4 separate contracts :v:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

gwrtheyrn posted:

that's because boat is an actual honest to god retard

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009
http://evf-eve.com/services/brcat/?s=3802&b=6688693&e=90&t=urrvaaaaf&r=1

BR isnt nearly as stacked as it seems since we werent in position to go after their carriers or most of the subs they also had around 30 supers that they held back at the last second. Good fight all around sadly I got primaried soon as I loaded grid :rip:

story: Snuff box has been talking a lot of poo poo since they started picking up bl refugee's (including elo knight himself) and has been swinging its caps around placid pushing shadow cartel/ dead terrorists and noct on the back foot. Noct have been our friends since we killed their wyvern on the fd- station years and years ago. So a noct tower gets hit and ipsumus and his bl splinter group hit us and up with the plan to pull all the dreads we could in the hopes of baiting an escalation. We stagger our dreads poorly and over escalate causing the supers who literally had their hands on jump to cyno to stand down :argh:

Snuff has now sworn to murder the oss so i'm sure that will turn out horribly and end up with like 40 of our dreads killed at some point in the future.

vidoe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H-rhZ3_O9I

Zasze fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Sep 20, 2015

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

boat is an actual honest to god retard

A statement everyone can agree with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

gwrtheyrn posted:

I keep on seeing more and more similarities between myself and boat :smith:

"Guys, we warped wrong gate, hit ctrl space, stop your ship, don't jump, if you jumped you're dead. "

• Locked thread